HARDCORE Fitness Maniacs February 23 ,2010 Tuesday

WD

Cathlete
I didn't see a thread so thought I would start one. I am getting ready to go do cardio and work abs. Will report in awhile. Have to go out this afternoon.

Hermia, I know what you mean about the cooking. Even when I use the Slow Cooker I have to cook stuff to add before I turn it on and it takes time. But love the meals. Dishes should just do themselves :)

Today was cardio and I pulled out another oldie but goodie. I did Rhythmic Step this morning. I can't believe it but I remembered all the steps. And this one is a tricky one. Love the Rhythmic Challenge at the end. Had a fun workout!

CARDIO STATS:
1 hr. 3 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
18 minutes in zone
41 minutes above zone
503 calories burned!

:D

Morning Debbie and Diane :rolleyes:

Man oh man........I just can't get up on Monday's am always tired, after the weekend:eek: Yesterday, was my rest day for the week. I don't know what happened last night, but eating was out of this world:mad:. As you know Valentine candies are on sale, I brought 2 boxes one being my MOST fav Turtles love em. If I told you lasts night I ate the entire box would you believe me? I freaking did, it was like my body was craving sweets.

This morning, was only a slow steady run of 45 minutes, didn't feel like that, but after all that candy I felted I better do something:cool:

Stats:
313 cals burned
2.15 miles traveled

This week I start Meso2 my first workout is tomorrow. Have a great day everyone

GM Ladies-
Have a good workout Diane Sue

Debbie-that is one Cathy workout I don't have, is it worth it? Seems like it :D

Teddy-I can see how that happened....turtles are good :eek: Good luck w/ Meso 2

Yesterday was workout one of KISS (5 x 5) and I followed up w/ 15 min of Athletic Step

1-chin ups-only used one band instead of two :D
front squats-40/50/65/65/65-this weight felt good b/c any more and my rt knee was going to get angry

2-alternating shoulder press-15/16/20/20/20
1 leg deadlift 35/36/37/37.5/37.5

TRX ab wheel

BBL
Theresa

Diane Sue - I thought about mixing up the STS workouts a bit. I want to take a look at some of the rotations Cathe did up with STS incorporated. I may try and do something like that.

Hermia - I can so relate to the cooking thing. It always seems to take me forever to make food. I hate it. I try to do a lot of slow cooker recipes the night before so I don't have to worry about it when I get home from work. It's annoying. Dishes too. I just told my dh last night that if I ever end up getting a full time job, I'm gonna want a dishwasher.

Teddygirl - I could eat an entire box of chocolates as well. I love turtles, those are my favorite too. Well, one of my favorites. :eek: Nice job on your 45 minute run today!

Theresa - Yes, RS is worth it. Maybe wait and see if Cathe ever puts that DVD on sale. I'll let you know if I notice it, I always check what's on sale at the beginning of the week. It is a fun workout and fun to learn. Nice workout. I'm really thinking about doing this rotation as well. It's a toss up between something with STS in it or this one. I love doing 5x5 workouts. I like how this one changes sets and reps. It looks like a really good setup.

Linda - What decision did you come to about doing Insanity? Maybe you should wait a few weeks? :(

Workout was Shock Cardio Core Circuit I added on the functional core mix before the stretch 58 min and burned 490 calories Max HR was 166, then I did P90X abs/core + 22 min and burned 166 calories, MMA Kicbox Core 9 min51 calories, finishedoff with Rainbeau Mars Yoga for Beauty Dawn first 26 min then the c/d. 33 min total 104 calories. Workout was 2 hr 2 min and I burned 811 calories.
I used 10# dumbbells and wore my weighted gloves for MMA core
p90X+ abs/core went like this:
Hanging toe tap knee raise 13 reps
tip toe O crunch- done on toes 12 left then right
scorpian plank-20 reps
banana cannonball-14 reps
hangingup and overs-15 reps
discus throws-8# dumbbells 10 left then right
warrior bow- 24 reps
scissor climbers- 12 left then right
hanging knee kicks-14 reps
wood chopper- standing 12#dumbbell 10 left then10right
down dog crunch- 20 reps
banana mason- I held a 5# dumbbell 10 reps
mixed bike- hanging bike with legs then out and revers 32 seconds
X crunch-16 left then right
plank sphix and plange 10 reps
seated backstroke- v sit position 8# dumbbells 16 reps
hanging pelvic tilt- 14 reps
straight leg X crunch-12 left then right
chatrunga run- 33 seconds
cherry bomb-10

Last edited:
Debbie, I forget about some of those workouts. I used to add the challenge segment from Rhythmic Step onto other workouts quite often. It is a fun workout.

Teddy, I would be so in trouble with those turtles. I love turtles and I love Almond Roca. One year dd gave me a can of Almond Roca for Christmas and by the time the evening was over I had eaten the whole can along with Christmas dinner:eek:

Theresa, nice workout. I second what Debbie said about Rhythmic Step. Definitely worth having.

Does anyone else's back hurt w/ the front squats? I seem to be having a very hard time w/ any form of squats lately....especially my knees. I'm glad it was only 5. I wanted to go up in weight but I did not want to risk any injury. I think the shoulder issues are enough :D

Diane Sue-You worked your core over :eek:

Does anyone else's back hurt w/ the front squats? I seem to be having a very hard time w/ any form of squats lately....especially my knees. I'm glad it was only 5. I wanted to go up in weight but I did not want to risk any injury. I think the shoulder issues are enough :D

I hate front squats, they hurt my shoulders more then my back. I always find a sub for that exercise, it's just not worth it to me. My knees hurt no matter what type of squat/leg press I do.

Debbie - Parts of RS I love, other parts I hate!

DianeSue - I don't raise bunnies, the baby bunny was given to me by my neighbor. It was only about 6 -8 weeks old. We got it Monday and it died Sunday.

Teddy
- been there done that with the candy.

Theresa - What kind of bands do you have for chin ups?

I am so sick of this brace already!!! I just want it OFF!!!!!! Anyway I thought I'd try Insanity with the pushup handles and it actually worked pretty well. What I did was just kept them in my hands the whole time while doing burpees, so it was easy to place them and jump back.

Problem I did have today however, was the first exercise after the warmup Suicides. You shuffle laterally and touch the floor. Well, on like the second move I reached down to touch the grpund and sharp pain went through my low back. It was horrible. Did okay with the rest of the workout, except for Frog Jumps, because I couldn't touch the floor without pain, so I did them standing. I laid down for 45 minutes after everyone was gone this morning and that helped a lot. Now it's just a dull ache.

Linda - Same with me on RS. I HATE "triples around the step". I just hate doing that. I hope you're back is ok. Dang girl, you just aren't having any luck at all lately. Be careful with it. Maybe ice it a bit later on.

Linda, I hope your back is feeling all back to normal tomorrow. So sorry about the baby bunny. That would be hard. Harvey fit in one hand when I bought him home from the pet store. He was a lop eared bunny but one always stood halfway up LOL. I will tell you I was surprised on how quickly a rabbit can damage furniture and woodwork. We used a water bottle and he was smart enough to know to run for his cage. He outgrew it but I tell you, bunnies are worse than puppies.

Theresa, I find that I have to either go really low on front squats or use a weighted vest and weights. It hurts my elbows holding that bart up in the front.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.