HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS EASTER WEEKEND

buttercup78

Cathlete
Gm Ladies-

Today will be a Meso 1 legs at some point. I have some nice doms from yesterdays bi/tri workout. I LOVE IT :eek:
I may get a HIIT workout tomorrow, but I will be busy w/ cooking and things.....so it may not happen. We went and saw Clash of the Titans yesterday, and it wasn't bad. I guess it can't be any worse (special effects wise) than the last :p But I liked the older one. I 've read that critics are beating them up over the special effects, but I didn't really see anything that wrong. It was a good source of entertainment. Ok, I'll quit rambling now :)

Theresa

Last edited:
I am getting ready to go do a workout. Not sure what yet. I am still getting my energy back from the trip. I stayed up last night downloading my cardio coaches and i train workouts to the ipod shuffle dh got me for our anniversary. Also put the batteries in my Gym Boss but that is as far as I got there. I have the family all coming over for dinner and easter festivities tomorrow so have preparation to do for that:D

Linda, I am glad to hear the doctor thinks nothing is torn. I sure hope the healing process gets going for you.

Theresa, it sounds like we are both going to be cooking. I will be doing some of my stuff today and then the rest will come tomorrow:)

Morning Hardcore Ladies - this morning I probably should have done yoga....as my pain is flaring severely from the extreme change in temp. I did Leslie's Walk with Power Booster Cables, Katina Hunter's Kickbox Party, and Barefoot Cardio as the cool down. Max HR was only 158......and it took a LOT of effort to get it there! Don't know what's up with me lately. I burned 660 calories in 67". I did a Cathe stretch at the end. Have great workouts everyone. I really liked the Katina kickbox segment! :)

Linda - I'm so glad you don't have a torn rotator cuff. I wonder what the deal is then? When are you getting x-rays?

Diane Sue - Welcome back! I cannot believe you worked out on your vacation. You are crazy!

Theresa - Glad you are sore! Woo hoo!!! :eek:

Lora - Nice workout! I'll have to check out that kb workout.

Well, still in some pain today. It is better, though. I hope I'll be alright by Monday. If not, I plan to at least get up and walk on my treadmill for a bit. I can't just not workout, I've done way too much of that lately.

At least I'm on the mend!!! Loving this weather!! :cool:

Workout today I started with Kettlebell Dynamics w/up, then I used my ipod and did the liftkettlebells.com 30 min workout, then I did Kettlebell Dynamics abs and stretch for a 49 min workout, 409 calories and Max HR 175. I then did Kelly Coffey's 30 min to fitness muscle definition workout 2 and abdominals 46 min, 320 calories. I finished with 10 min solution tone trouble zones stretch 10 min 34 cal. Workout was 1hr 45 min and calories burned was 763.

Debbie, I did get some rest. Just not a total rest.

Ended up playing/practicing soccer with ds for almost 2 HOURS yesterday evening. (This was what I did instead of yoga - not really interchangeable :eek: ). It was chilly but about right for running around like that. I am not very good (AT ALL), but at least can get in his way and provide comic relief (we laughed - a lot :D ). After that, he called a buddy and went to his dad's for the weekend. I worked until almost 4 A.M. this morning catching up on a project. Considering, I feel not too bad right now. I'd wanted to try Cardio Core Circuit - cardio only premix today. I just don't know about that.

Linda - Very happy to hear you don't have a torn rotator! Hope the x-rays reveal what's going on and get you some relief - soon! Kind of amazed you worked out around the pain yesterday. You're sure persitant.

Theresa - I'm not surprised that you're sore ;) ! Thanks for mentioning the movie. I don't get around to going to them very often. That might not be a bad idea for me later today. Have a great workout.

Debbie - Glad you're feeling some better. Hopefully it was just a matter of cricking the muscle in your sleep. That can really hurt and sometimes take a couple days to go away. I am crossing my fingers for you!

Lora - Sounds like a great workout (especially if you were in pain)! I'm always looking for new kickboxing - where/how do you HEAR about all of these??!!! You come up with such eclectic and unique workouts. Always fun to read what you did.

Diane Sue - Quite a workout for someone who probably has jet lag (or even someone who didn't). Very cool anniversary present. Just right for you. I'm glad you're back and had a good time. I won't be doing any cooking this weekend. Kinda wish I was. I'll be cleaning windows. I wouldn't mind so much but I'm just not very good at it. No matter what, I end up with streaks :( - maybe just in a slightly different place than they were before :confused:

BBL

Hi everyone, hope the Easter weekend is going well for you all so far!

I haven't read everything the last couple days, but Linda, I gather you found out your rotator isn't torn, so that's definitely good!

Great workouts everyone...so far nothing for me yet today. I'm lazing about a bit, playing video games with my fiance. Yesterday, though, I did Pyramid Lower Body in the morning (no teaching yesterday) and before bed I did the PM breathing exercise and exercise set from RAvi and Ana's AM/PM Yoga.

I am hoping to decorate eggs today or tomorrow...last year fiance weasled out of it, but not this year!

Hermia - Pyramid Legs is a good one. You seem to balance your workouts very well between weight work, cardio and yoga. How many years have you been practicing yoga? DS had no interest in coloring eggs this year (*sigh*). How great your fiance is going to do that with you!

I finished my workout. Went ahead and did CCC drills only premix. I did better than I feared I might. My goal was to make it through without modifying or pausing and I DID IT!!! I was very surprised, especially with the lack of sleep. It wasn't easy by any means, my energy was just unusually good today. Seems like my stamina can vary so much from day to day. I've noticed that with the hiit workouts especially. One time I'll finish and feel like, "Hey, that wasn't so bad." The next time, same workout, I'll barely make it through. I was going to do the core only premix after, ended up doing the express premix that included core :p . Followed that with extra stretching and plan on doing yoga/stretching only for tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great Easter weekend.

Great job on the CCC workout, poetree...that one is tough! I've only been doing yoga for about 11 months; I really like it, though. Not enough to do *just* yoga, but I think it's a good thing to have in the mix. Well...my fiance is only doing eggs because I reallly want him to, not cuz he wants too, lol. I did, however, buy a Star Wars egg kit so he would like it more.

Today's workout is now done; it was the upper body 2X premix from Push Pull and abs from Tracey's Hi/Lo Med ball.

Good Morning Ladies - Not sure who will be around today ... Have a great Easter and blessed Easter! I'll be doing yoga later.

Hermia - I laughed about your getting a Star Wars kit for your fiance. Bet you guys will (or did) have a blast! Very cool thing for a couple to do together. Also, thank you - CCC IS a hard workout, huh? Largely why I'm being a bit gentler today with the yoga. I wish I were more consistent with it. Like you, I really do enjoy it. Only have a few yoga DVD's (actually on VHS). Well done on the Push Pull premix and abs :D ! That's one of the Cathe workouts I don't have. Hope your kitty is doing better and you all have a wonderful holiday!

Hi Maniacs - Wasn't sure what to do today. Weather changed again...pain still flaring. I needed to do cardio and felt like I wanted a bit of functional fitness - so I did Kettlebell Way. I added on part of the Manmaker. I modified for my injury - slow mo mountain climbers, no side planks, etc. I kickboxed and jump...roped on the Rebounder during the breaks. I burned 480 calories in 55". Max HR was 155. I also did Wai Lana Yoga for Relaxation. Did not like this very much. It was mostly ab and back strengthening moves with one hamstring stretch and some shoulder rolls. She's also a trip! I'll have to post over at VF to get the scoop on this woman and her style of yoga. I previewed other DVDs I got with this one and they look better.....although her style still baffles me. Have a great Easter everyone. I'm off today and tomorrow and then it's back to the Grind.

Poetree - I find a lot of workouts at Videofitness. It's bad for the wallet. I've found a lot of instructors I like though. Katina's workout that I describe only has a 15 minute kickbox segment, 15 min upper body, 15 minute lower body, 15 minute step and 15 minute yoga segment. She's an RN who just makes videos on the side. Her workouts are intermediate/advanced.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.