Hardcore fitness maniacs Dec 22 Sat

acatalina

Cathlete
Hi hardcores...
I drug me out of bed. I am getting a cold. GS and everone sick.I can feel it in my sinuses..Darn it..

Suz, i heard ya..
Try toget a hold of Some Aveda Color Conditioner.It is hard to find. It will stain ya in the reds nd you won't have to color so often.

his morning is GS Chest and tri. I came home had 1 taco and went to bed. I did not get home til 7:30 again..
My shop needs a cleaning so bad it is not even funny.. No time for anything this week.

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Petra's PK Step. Workout was 56" and I burned 411 calories. This was a moderately low intensity workout and my HR stayed in the 70-75% range. I followed it much better today, but still got messed up a few times. Easier than Patrick! Maybe I'll try Patrick again next week.

I also did Yoga with Elise Browning an Anusara teacher ...50" and I just didn't get into it again. I don't know what's up with me not getting into yoga lately. I'll have to try one of my old standby DVDs and if that doesn't "do it" for me, then there's definetely something not right with me.

I just ordered P90X+ thanks to someone on the OD thread. It's not going on sale until Jan 3rd, but you can get it if you're in the Million Dollar Body Club and someone posted a link on VF to order, but I spent all night trying to get it to work to get the 25% discount and couldn't do it...so someone posted this Ultimate Fitness website I bought it off today, but I paid $15.99 for postage and didn't get a discount....but it's a Xmas gift...so oh well.

Diane Sue - There's lots of new vid's listed on Collage that I'll be checking out this week to see if anything interests me. I already have an entire large box of stuff I'm not sure I want....so I'm not sure if I'll buy much. Those Star Trainer DVDs look tempting and Ellen Barret's new one cuz I love her. If you don't get the Holiday issue of the Collage guide (it's got a yellow cover), you won't see me.

Toasty - dodged a bullet......the update was tiny tiny. Only a lunar and a celestial posted. Good....cuz my fave update is Lupercalia which is the Valentine's one and I need all of my Paypal money for that. I might buy a bottle of White Phoenix and see if I can get another bottle of Sea of Tranquility...cuz I ended up liking that one. Now I just have to stop myself from spending my paypal account on other stuff I've been wanting! My oils haven't been selling at ALL>

Have a great day ladies. Normal Saturday routine for me today with lots of other stuff to take care of. It will be a busy weekend. Glad I'm off next week......I'll need it.

Deb - heard a good song from 2007. the band is Bloodsimple and the song is Out to Get You.

Diane Sue - do you think that recipe can be made without the Tofu?? or what can you replace the Tofu with? I was gonna ask Mom to make (since I'm ovenless) and I know she won't buy Tofu (but what part of the store do you find it it also). thanks...........in advance.

After two days of rest I was itching to get back to the weights. Had an excellent puke-status workout this morning. Did high rep supersets and each superset about made me nauseous. Even with 2 minutes rest, it seemed like it was only 30 seconds of rest.

2 min. rest between each superset

[font color=green]SS #1[/font]
[font color=indigo]BACK/CHEST[/font]
Incline Pullovers:
40# - 15/15/15 (up 5#)
superset w/
Incline Dumbbell Press:
35's - 15/15/12 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***This was a tough superset because pullovers indirectly target the upper chest. By the time I got to the presses I was already fatigued. I did flyes last week but due to my shoulders clicking and upping the weight this week, I decided to do presses instead.[/font]

[font color=green]SS #2[/font]
[font color=indigo]QUADS/BICEPS[/font]
Squats:
90# - 15/15/15
superset w/
Incline Dumbbell Curls:
22's - 15/14/11
[font color=blue]***This superset really got me. Especially the bicep curls. As you can see from the reps, I was struggling. HR really got up there with this superset.[/font]

[font color=green]SS #3[/font]
[font color=indigo]TRICEPS/SHOULDERS[/font]
Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
40# - 15/15/15
superset w/
Lateral Raises:
17's - 15/15/15
[font color=blue]***I liked this superset. Shoulders got fried.[/font]

[font color=indigo]CALVES[/font]
GS Legs Calf work
[font color=blue]***My calves are STILL sore from last Saturday's calf work from 4DS!!!![/font]

Looking forward to doing cardio tomorrow.

Got our Christmas shopping all done last night I hope. Can't think of anyone we forgot.

Anne - Hope you don't get sick. Up the Vitamin C girl!!! Nice going getting the workout in.

Lora - Thanks for the song. Always looking for new good music!

Have a great day everyone!

Morning Maniacs! Today is CostcoX. Why I wait til the Saturday before Christmas is beyond me. I like a challenge and adventure I guess. LOL! Hopefully, I will get yogax in later today. It's recovery week for me now. Eating yesterday was horrible! Can't even post it. Back on track today.

Lora- I ordered P90X+ from that VF link a few days ago. I think it came to something like $53. Someone has already recieved it, so I hope I get it today or Monday.:) Fingers crossed.

No time for talk, gotta go beat the crowds. I have my heavy armor on.

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good Afternoon Friends,

Debbie - impressive weights my friend, as always!

Suz - checked out your picture trail. How is it you have a photo backdrop?

Everyone, good job on the workouts. It was shoulder day for me.

Shoulders

Barbell Overhead Press
10 - 50#
10/8 - 55#

WG Upright Rows
10 - 50#
10/10 - 55# (these seems to stress my wrists a lot, why is that, am I doing something wrong?)

Arnold Press
12/12/12 - 20's

HG DB Front Raise
8/8/8 - 15's

Traps

Behind the Back Shrugs
15/15/15 - 85 #

Dumbbell Shrugs
15/15/15 - 45's

Off to do some chores then visit family later. Have a great day!

Linda

Good morning!

Just finished CC#7. Yes, I'm addicted. Workout was 61 minutes. I burned 5,846 calories Dallys. My hip's really starting to bother me though, even though I've been a slacker on my vacation. I thought surely the break would do it good. I'm afraid I might have to hop back on my bike. Darn it. I really didn't want to start cycling until Feb. since I cycle so many months out of the year. But it's the only thing that doesn't bother my hip. I just don't want to get burned out. I'm not a smart cyclist like Jeanette. Are you reading this Jeanette???

Storm - You caught me! It's the gray that causes me to color so often! :) But I will look for that Aveda stuff too. I've always heard red fades fast. Don't get sick!

Lora - Great workout! Hope you enjoy your normal Saturday now that you have them back.

Debbie - Great puke status workout. You're really pushing the poundage.

Dallys - Be careful out there! Yeah, well my eating yesterday was PERFECT! Malted milk balls and all. :p

Linda - I love working shoulders. Great workout! You're lifting some pretty impressive weight there too. Ever since I hurt my shoulder I can't do upright rows anymore. :( Well, with 5# maybe. What's the point? My DH's hobby is photography, so he has a studio set up in the basement. He's doing a photo shoot today for a gal at work's kids and their cousins who haven't been together in ages. The cousins are in town for Christmas. He does all of the police department (where he works) promotion photos, retirement photos, etc. and they pay him. He loves photography.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Back from CostcoX. Burned 5,846 calories Suz! What a nightmare that was. Everyone in the whole county was shopping there today.

Suz- You're like me. I don't want to burn out on the cycling early either. That's why I've been on the treadmill. I also plan on getting on the stationary bike in about Feb. What's Jeanette's secret to no burnout? What makes for a smart cyclist? To bad about your hip. So far, my knees are ok on the treadmill. Can't do to much continuous running though. Just intervals here and there. Thank Goodness for incline.

Linda- Nice workout. Not sure on what's hurting your wrists with upright rows. I can't even attempt them with my tennis elbow. Dh told me to try them with straight arms, like a shrug. I haven't tried that yet, but that might be an option.

Good afternoon, I slept in this morning and worked on some crocheting before I started my workout. My workout was 4Day Split Kickbox w/up and cardio, Kimberly's Absolute Kickbox kickbox segment, Kelley Coffey Cardio Step Kickbox combos 8&9(floor KB)and the core, then 4DSplit KB abs, Stott Pilates Foam Roller Challenge doing the bonus too, then Kelly Roberts Flexible Foam Roller core and neck segment. It is cold, windy and snowing today. I wanted to go get some yarn but really am not wanting to go out.

Lora, I buy the tofu at Walmart in the fresh fuits and vegetable area. It is in the same area in Buy For Less. You could probably get away with substituting more fat free cream cheese in the same quantity. I think nutrition wise though it is better with the tofu. You will also have a few more calories using the cream cheese. I ususally recieve the collage catalogs. Mine usually arrive later than most peoples.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - I always love your variety of workouts that you put together. No burnout there!

Dallys - Jeanette rides 3 days a week most of the time during cycling season I think. I believe she does one interval-type ride, one ride for speed and one loooong ride on the weekend - like 65 miles or more. But she does her club time trials and hill climbs and I don't know how those fit in or if they're included. Hopefully she's reading this and will answer. The other days she does weights and other things. And that woman is SPEEDY! So when I'm out there burning myself out 5 or 6 days a week on the bike and complaining about not getting faster she gently reminds me about balance. ;) My girlfriends just want to ride ALL the time (probably b/c we usually can't ride much at all during the winter) and I have a hard time saying no. And then when they don't I feel like I should be out there trying to get better/faster. But I'm only hurting myself. I drive myself CRAZY!!!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Hi ladies
It is sleeting and yucky here. Today I did CM tough abs premix GS shoulders and 4DS shoulders then HIS and 4DS kickbox.
Off to pick up my bro and his fam from the airport
Talk to you later
Randi

Suz- Yeah, I hope Jeanette is lurking here today. I wish she was a mountain biker. I sure could use more advice on that. It's so hard climbing hills sometimes and I wish I knew of a smarter way to get better at it. I'm sure there is a similar princible to it. Gosh, now I'm all excited for biking season and it's not even January yet! Most the advise they give on Mtn. biking forums is to just get out and ride.

Hi Everyone -
great workouts ...as usual.

Just got back from dinner at my fave Italian place. Had my Venetian Salad with poached pears, pecans, tart cherries and mozzarella with champagne vinagarette.....yummy and a piece of wonderful Brier Hill pizza. I love this place but it's expensive so we can't go there often.

We saw Hitman at the $1 theatre....and it was actually a pretty good flick. I was impressed.

I was also impressed with the Women's Health magazine I read this afternoon. It has 2 really good rotations in it (1 is by Alan Cosgrove and Lou Schuler based from the NROL book that's coming out for Women). I have been very impressed with the informative articles in the last 3 issues I've read and now Rotations!!! I'm sold. I think they've come a long way. I'll definitely look forward to this magazine more often and I really like the last 2 Women's Health workouts I bought.

Speaking of which, I just browsed Collage. I'm gonna go to Amazon and buy a few new DVDs. I'm gonna get the Star Trainers and Biggest Loser ones....cuz I love Bob Harper and Jillian!!

I think I'm getting sick....sore throat and runny nose and all of the ladies at work are deathly ill........GREAT!

Hi,
Heard my name from over at the Xer checkin...

Suz, you give me too much credit. If I was a smart cyclist, I wouldn't be getting out in this 20-30 degree weather like I have been every Sunday. The secret to that is that my 75 year young friend shows up. I figure if he's that tough and that age, guess I can too. We've been riding 15-20 miles on Sundays and I buy him a nonfat chai latte at Starbucks when we're done. I also started back up with the Garage Boys training once a week, usually a Spinerval but last Wednesday was a Carmichael Training System DVD. I should bring one of my Cardio Coach workouts for them to do. Don't know if they are into the visualization gazelle vs. lion thing, or the sound of horse hoofbeats but I like it. Re: speedy, seems like I saw some pretty high averages all season long with you, Suz. Great Job!!! With all the weight you lost, know it made a big difference on your climbing skills too. I have a friend that has lost lots of weight on Weight Watchers. She hasn't ridden much for a couple of years, but now she wants to see if the weight loss has made her faster on the hills. I bet once she gets her cardio capacity up there again, she will fly. And fly past me too! BTW, your road bike is a beaut! DH and I were at Walmart today and I picked up Sarah McLachlin's Wintersong. I remember you talking about it last year. Can't wait to listen to it.

Dallys, the pictures of some of the places you ride are awesome too! I'm not a very good mtn. biker myself. I get scared near dropoffs and cliffs and rocks. I definitely have an edgaphobia thing. In fact, I hate it when my DH drives too close to the edge of the pavement. That's so cool that you ride with your DH. Does he ride a road bike too? Have you ever ridden one? Have you ridden any mtn. bike races against other women? Maybe you are already pretty fast and just don't know it.

Everyone says intervals are the key to getting faster. I think everyone goes thru periods of some kind of burnout. I know I did later on this fall, but feel excited again about this next year. I need to pick out a challenge ride and work towards it. I have a friend that suggested we do a 1/2 Ironman relay. I need to pin her down and start getting my mind around it. I would be doing the 56 mile bike leg of it. Think the climbing is around 5,000' or so. I did the Olympic distance bike part last year (30 miles I think) and it was a blast. Lots of excitement at a triathlon. Totally different than the bike events. Very inspiring too. This is the link to the triathlon relay I did last year: www.auburntriathlon.com.

You ladies are all very inspiring for me. Love your senses of humor. Nice we can laugh at our silly selves :p

Jeanette

Jeanette - You deserve all of the credit I give you! You've helped me a bunch. You're like my cycling therapist. :) I just think that's so awesome that you're getting to ride right now. We have so much ice and snow on our roads that there's just nowhere to ride outside. We even had some 40's last week and I was off but there was nowhere to go. I even thought that it would be nice to get out. Chris and I do try to get out a few times in the winter, but with our wind picking up in January and the wind chills in the single and below zero digits, we don't get too many opportunities. That's probably okay though since you know how burned out I get by the end of the season. But you're right - losing the weight did improve my speed and helped me to enjoy cycling much more this past year. It's my only weapon against my exercise-induced asthma and it was great to find something that actually helped some - as long as it's not windy - which in Cheyenne isn't too often. :) Now if I could just convince my silly doctors that is a good enough reason for the weight loss! They're still not buying it but I refuse to gain it back! I'm sure your friend will notice a difference on the hills. You're not carrying as much weight up them. It's huge! How do you like the Charmichael DVD's? I was thinking of getting one when I start training on the trainer. Are they as good as Spinervals?

You continue to inspire and amaze me. Hopefully this coming year I will find more balance in my cycling. But you know me - I'll probably continue to ride too many days and you and Mitch will keep telling me I'm riding too much. I won't be improving and I'll be wondering why, oh why. :p

I think you're gonna love Wintersong. We listen to it every time we're in the hot tub, looking out over the snow-covered prairie, until Christmas is over.

Thanks for popping in! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Suz

Jeanette- Thanks for posting.:) A triathlon sounds really fun. So, you can split it up with other people? I could never do the running part and I'd probably drown on the swimming part. LOL! Have you ever heard of Cyclocross? That sounds fun to me.

About the scary cliffs and drop offs, I think riding horses and mules in the mountains for so many years got me over that. I feel much safer on a bike than a horse. At least I feel like I'm in more control. Dh and I went rode the porcupine rim in Moab http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/porcup.htm and the guys we shuttled up to the trail head with told us how scary it was and that it had huge drop offs and cliffs. None of their wifes would ride it. I was terrified. We rode it and it wasn't near as scary as they decribed. It was one very tough ride, but it was a blast! Took about 4 hrs.

I've never ridden any races. I'd be interested in seeing other women my age riding. I mostl see women in their 20's. Once in a while I'll see someone who looks in their early 30's. I see tons of older women riding road bikes though. They seem alot more popular.

Dh got a rode bike just this year. I might get one eventually, we'll see.:)

Lora, I have never checked out Women's fitness. It sounds like something that I need to check out. Could you try and figure out a salad similar to the venetian one and do it yourself? Maybe check out different vengrettes. Is it a sweet dressing?

Suz, and Dallys, you drag out my interest in getting a bike. I see so many people out around the lake trails. DD and her DH go out and ride. There is not anywhere here that I can think of for muntain biking though. Maybe when we go camping:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Dallys - You crack me up as usual. So you're not a swimmer I take it? :p

Diane Sue - Then you should get a road bike. The thing I like about being a roadie is that I can hop on my bike at my house and I'm off. I don't have to drive to my location to get my exercise. That's why I can get those rides in before work in the summers (granted I flex my hours and go in at 8:30). Not that I don't like mountain biking, because I do. Even though I don't think we even went once last year. When we went a couple of years ago, DH and his buddy told me I was a daredevil on the downhills, going pretty fast. It wasn't really that I was a daredevil, it was that I was afraid if I went too slow I was going to crash. I was actually half scared out of my mind and half thrilled to death. It was a very odd sensation. But the climbing part is KILLER!!!

But the road cycling gets my HR up and keeps it up more than any other activity I've ever done. I never thought it would outdo running and was surprised when it did. By far. I love that about cycling. I can ride for two hours and feel absolutely fine afterwards. After a 2 hour run I'm feeling it for hours afterwards.

Suz

I'm taking a break from wrapping gifts.

Dallys, loved the pics of the Porcupine Trail. DS and DH want us all to go to Utah this year to ride our 4-wheelers and our Rhino. It would be tempting to take a mtn. bike too, but I'm a wienie mtn. biker. Yes, you can definitely do the triathlons as a relay. The cool thing about those events is that no one knows you are last because everyone is starting at a different time. I about drowned when I did a sprint triathlon up here in Susanville last year. It called for a 1/2 mile swim and I remembered that in 6th grade or some ridiculously long time ago, I could swim in the pool pretty good. But when I got out in the lake, I just didn't want to put my head in the water and was doing side stroke, breast stroke. I decided no, today I was not going to drown so I went back to shore. I did get to do the biking part and the running part. Of course, my score didn't count which was too bad because my bike time was awesome. I had not run once during the year at all and ran (slowly) the 4 miles required. It was a blast though. I highly recommend it. I didn't know that you rode horses. I rode for years and years, western, english, hunter/jumpers, eventing, fox hunting, team penning, reining and most recently dressage. I sold my last horse last year, but really don't miss owning one. Too busy with biking, golf, etc. I still have all my tack and horse trailer so who knows? Some friends of mine did a cyclocross race last weekend. They brought back pictures. They were riding in the snow. They said they had fun, but didn't look like fun to me. Might be your cup of tea though.

Suz, we have snow now (finally), but all of the roads are clear and shoulders are fine. We don't have that much traffic here anyway. Hoping to get at least a 15-20 mile ride in tomorrow. Keeps my butt toughened up. I thought the Carmichael Training Tape that we did was just okay. I think the name of it was Criterium. They had you maintain 90-95 rpms for a lot of it, never told you what gear you needed to be in like the Spinervals do. To me, a Cardio Coach is a lot more fun than Spinervals or CTS. Love Sean's voice and he really motivates me. Really, Suz, it sounded like you improved a whole lot this year and stayed pretty happy and excited throughout. It's tough to do that sometimes. I competed this year on the flat time trials and the hill climbs, winning both women's divisions, but hey, there weren't very many women riding at all, maybe only 5 in the flat TT's and that many in the hill climbs. I was hoping my second round of hill climbs would have improved times, but they didn't. I actually got slower, so maybe I wasn't doing something right. Oh well, it's all good. I did miss the days of long miles with my girlfriends where we had a destination in mind, took our own lunches and felt FREE! My dream is to someday go to Italy and cycle, eat great food and wine and see some sights along the way. Want to go? I listened to Wintersong this afternoon. It is lovely... Can't wait to put it on again.

Guess I'd better get back to the wrapping.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.