Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check In for Fri 4-28

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fitness Maniacs -

This morning I did the Strength Circuit section from CIA Step Generation followed by 40 minutes of Seasun Zieger's Straight Up Step. I then did 30 minutes of Yoga Now with Rodney Yee Yoga Core workout.

I wanted to add on some Mindy Gliding, abs and legs, but since I was pretty sick with this stomach flu yesterday, I didn't want to over do it.

I still didn't follow the Seasun workout very well. I improvised a lot. It will take me a long time to get this but it looks like a lot of fun.

I've got my Mindy "Beyond Basic Gliding" DVD in right now. I'm previewing it. I have yet to find a Gliding DVD that is "fast" enough for me. I like to glide fast and they seem to only do single time. I guess I can just modify up and glide double time. You get more cardio that way.

The above being said, I'm quite please with this DVD so far. It has 3 segments of gliding on it. One with tubing, one with the step and one that focuses on mind body. The tubing one is gliding with upper body work and leg work on the discs, the step one is step aerobics with gliding and leg work and the mind body segment is like a yoga segment with the discs. I think it is very creative on her part.

Have great workouts everyone. I still need to go back and read old threads.

Dallas - I've used that stretch technique with my neck before. I'm glad it's helping you. What was the diagnosis for your foot? Did they ever come up with one?

Charlotte - I've got your CDs ready to go. They'll probably go out Saturday or Monday. Just remember that the "Time Bomb" one sort of grows on you.....I thought it sucked at first.

See everyone later.

Good Morning,
My workout plans so far are Turbo Jam Fat Blaster no stretch, then CTX power Circuit and HSTA cardio and lower. I might add a stretch tape to this as my right hamstring still wants to knot up and cramp. Stretching seems to alleviate this some.

Lora sorry you are feeling sick. I hate those stomach flus.

Have a great day everyone. I will check back later.
Diane Sue

Good Morning,

My plans for today are SH Biceps, Triceps, abs. If I can squeeze it in, shoulders too. I'd like to add cardio, but that seems difficult to do without interuptions, we'll see.

Diane Sue, I really like HSTA. You get a lot of workout in such a short time. The lower body premix is tough and it's only about 14 minutes.

Lora, I hope you feel better for the weekend.

Sabrina, I plugged my food intake in the sparks webite and OH MY! I was 1,000 calories ABOVE what I should be at to maintain my weight. Thank God I caught myself in time.

I'll check back later.

Susan C.M.

Morning ladies!

Lora-I hope you get to feeling better soon. I think I asked before but I don't remember what gliding DVD's you have and where I can find them. They sound like fun. I need something fun right now.

Diane Sue-I hope you hamstring doesn't knot up on you and you can get in your workout.

Susan-That site is so neat. I use it every day. I also combine it with the zig zag calories from here too:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

I combine the two.

Dallas-Yes you can still donate. Here is the link again:

http://www.active.com/donate/komenpeoria2004/sabrinamckeever

I am not sure why I am still in the 2004 section, I will have to call them about it and see. You can still donate though. I appreciate all the donations I get. :)

I have not worked out the last two days. We had unexpected company last night and the night before I just didn't feel up to it at all. I hope I can get my training in tonight or Emily will be leaving me behind. lol I am having a lot of trouble breathing while running. I do better on the treadmill. Thinking it might be my allergies. ugh!

I better get the boys moving for school. I will be back later!

Have a great day!!!

Sabrina -

The Gliding workouts are available on Mindy's website www.Jumpincfitness.com or the Gliding website....www.Glidingpro.com. There is also a site that carries the 3 DVD set with the discs, as seen on TV and I don't know the URL, but if you do a search for Gliding, it will come up. The Gliding Pro website is supposed to be for fitness professionals only, but all you have to do is answer one question .....if you are a professional trainer and just say yes. Everyone over at VF does it too, so I know it's okay. The set that comes with the discs is actually pretty decent to get started.

Hi to everyone else!

Diana Sue - yoga always works for my sciatica and piriformis pain when it flares.....too bad you don't have any shorter DVDs than P90 X yoga.

I have the day to myself so I did a later morning workout. I decided to try the NRG Fitness workout "A Team Bootcamp" just to see how it was. You will all find out what a critic I am when it comes to workouts that aren't Cathe's. Well, I have to say, I really liked this one. Its a great combination of cardio (I loved each cardio blast) and weight training segments, although those aren't too challenging and she takes WAY too much time stretching and cooling down. Her "whooing" is totally annoying as well. I actually fast forwarded through the stretches and cool downs to keep my HR up, although I couldn't get it to stay up for too long. My legs and shoulders felt the most work with this workout.

I have the breakdown of this workout but didn't want to make this email super long. Are any of you interested in the breakdown? If so, I'll type it out.

Not a huge fat burning workout for me, I was only in my zone for 26 minutes and burned 222 calories.

Lora - Great workout! You did a lot even though you aren't feeling well. I hope you feel better soon, get some rest today if you can.

Diane Sue - I also love HSTA, that one and HSC are my favorite circuit workouts.

Susan - S&H is a great series. I'll be getting back to those in about two months.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I did extended low max and today I am doing a breakdown challenge, some plyo's inbetween, abs. Calls for shoulder work too, but left shoulder is bothering me lately so I am not too sure about that one. If I do, I will have to go lighter with weights, and I don't like to go light so maybe not do it at all then.

Debbie,

I would be afraid to get a hrm monitor because it will just trigger my OCD..that is what happened since I got my Omron..could never put it down. I don't use the Omron since our last discussion of it. Doesn't make sense to me anymore. LOL!

Lora,

I hope you feel better soon. I am going to burn a CD or two for you Saturday. DD will be home and will show me how to do it..never did it before.

Sabrina,

I think I probably look like one of those puffer fishes when I breathe while running. In the past, I don't think I was breathing properly...I would usually hold my breath too much, etc.

Susan,

Love the slow and heavy series. Addicted to them. Have fun today with it!!! Don't hurt yourself!!!

Diane Sue,

I am not familiar with those workouts, but I am sure you probably burn a gazillion calories with it all.

Hey to everyone else!!

Charlotte~~

Good Morning Everyone!

TGIF!!!!:)

Lora ~ I hope you feel better soon. You've heard of ART? I couldn't imagine getting that done to my neck! :eek: I don't know if you saw I'm going to get Mark Blanchard's series. Have you done any Powerstrike DVD's. I posted a thread the other day and got some recommendations for these and Janis' Quick Fix kickboxing. Do you have that one? I'm just wondering if they're not as high impact as Cathe's kickbox. I have to start out slow, you know?

Christine ~ You have the Powerstrike, correct? What are your thoughts?

Susan ~ How's that little baby?

Charlotte ~ Take care of that shoulder!

Diane Sue ~ I feel your pain or should I say "tightness". lol! I'm going to have to add yoga more frequently. That's OK because I feel great once I finish my workout.

Terri ~ Yes, very happy over here!!:7 :7 :7 Please keep us posted about Ashley.

Marietta ~ Your co-worker show up today?! You're very patient!;-)

Nicole ~ What's new?

Sabrina ~ Thanks for the link again. Good luck with your training!

Debbie ~ I love the S&H as well. It's a close first with GS. How's your tight muscles feeling?
ETA: I just read your review again. Are you sure you liked the workout? lol!:p :7 :+

Today, I did S&H shoulders. Does anyone know why Cathe only does 2 sets of overhead presses? I did one more set today. I did Bryan's Power #2. Oh my! That was a lot tougher than 1. I haven't done it in awhile. I'd like to get a half hour of cardio in as well. It may have to wait until I get back. I may do LM step only.

Have a great day everyone!

Dallas

Charolotte - what is "extended" Low Max? Is that a premix?

Dallas - my tight muscle is still tight and it now hurts to the touch. I wonder if I bruised it trying to work the knot out with a tennis ball the other evening?

>Charolotte - what is "extended" Low Max? Is that a premix?
>
>Dallas - my tight muscle is still tight and it now hurts to
>the touch. I wonder if I bruised it trying to work the knot
>out with a tennis ball the other evening?

Debbie,

I've done two extended versions of LM. Pinky posted one and someone else posted one involving a lot of lunges between blasts/step portion. I have them both somewhere. I can e-mail them to you. I don't think I have your e-mail anymore. Ouch! It's hurts to the touch now? Do you think yoga/stretching will help? Ice!!!! That's been working great for me.

Dallas

>Debbie,
>
>I've done two extended versions of LM. Pinky posted one and
>someone else posted one involving a lot of lunges between
>blasts/step portion. I have them both somewhere. I can e-mail
>them to you. I don't think I have your e-mail anymore. Ouch!
>It's hurts to the touch now? Do you think yoga/stretching
>will help? Ice!!!! That's been working great for me.
>
>Dallas

Hi Dallas, if you happen to find the workouts, send them to me. My email is [email protected] - if you can't find them no biggie. It sounds like a fun workout, though. I need something to get me past my lousy 300 calorie burns.

I will do stretching tonight. I've been using a heating pad, do you think ice would be better? I'll try that tonight as well.

Good morning beautiful fitness maniacs!

I did P90X Legs and Back today, followed by ME abs. I feel good - all worked out. It's a gorgeous day here - I even drove to work with the sunroof on my Mini wide open. I love days like today! Oh and TGIF everyone! HAPPY FRIDAY!

Lora - I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon. You are one tough lady, though - working out even when you're not feeling well. I admire you!

Diane Sue - You may just enable me to by those Turbo Jams yet!

Susan - how's the baby? Oh, I love Sparkspeople. It really helps me keep in line!

Sabrina - I use the calorie staggering site as well, loosely. I kind of aim to keep my calories about 200 below what they recommend because I know I'll be picking at 200 extra through out the day. Oh and allergies are horrible this year! I have to take a Psuedofed every morning. I hate that.

Debbie - I've been so curious about the NRG workouts - thanks for the review!

Charlotte - Love reading about your workouts! You always manage to push me. I did do yoga last night - you made me feel guilty - which is a really good thing, so THANKS!!!

Dallas - Yes, I have the PowerStrikes. I really enjoy them, but they are very unlike anything of Cathe's. The only ones worth having are 1 and 2 which are only available on VHS. The production quality leaves a little to be desired and they are pretty dark. That being said, I absolutely love these. They are more drill styled and if you give your all, you can really burn some calories. My lats and glutes kill me over these. If you prefer more dance-style kickboxing, these are not for you.

Debbie - I have Pinky's LowMax written down at home. I know it's also here on the forums - I can find it for you. I really enjoy it - it's a calorie burner and a great lower body workout! (Never mind - I see Susan already provided the link!)

Hey Ladies, I am kind of in a funk mood today. That is why I am posting so late. Today was circuit max and later will be a leg workout.

Dallas-I love the powerstrike workouts! One day I want to get the turbo jams and give them a shot.

Lora-Hope you feel better.

Hello to everyone else. Have a great weekend!

Terri

Hello Maniacs!!

TGIF!!! This has been the craziest week for me. It's all good though...

I don't believe I even posted yesterday. I did the warmup and intervals 1-5 of IMAX2 and then intervals 1-5 of IMAX1. I did a leg workout later in the day.

This morning I ran 4.5 miles on my treadmill and then I worked biceps/triceps after a warmup on the elliptical.

Hi Lora - Glad you see you are back...how was your trip? Well, I did see you got the flu...sorry bout that. Hope you're feeling better now.

Diane Sue - Glad you hear the good news about Candy...what a relief!! Hope that that hamstring of yours gets better.

Hi Susan - Hope you get to do that cardio you want to do, but I think I'd skip if I had to be interrupted as well...that baby of yours is the cutest!!

Hey Sabrina - Long time no write to...huh? How ya feeling? Hope you feel better soon...you've got training to do!!

Debbie - Hey...I have the A Team Bootcamp and my thoughts are similar to yours. I love the cardio blast as well, but she recovers too long for me...I'd like to see my heartrate more sustained. The next time I do it, I'll see if I can keep myself moving more. The weight moves are not killer, but unique and I can deal with that from time to time. You have to do the extended Low Max..it's the bomb!!

Toasty - Good call...lay off the shoulders! I like to go Slow and Heavy but I can't do it using the dvd...drives me crazy!

Dallas - Trust me, my patience is truly being tested. I am praying about it...that's for sure.

Christine - Enjoy the great weather you are having....very damp here and will be that way all weekend...looks like you sent YOUR rain my way. That's okay because it's very dry here and we need the rain.

Nicole - Am I missing you or have you not checked in lately. Hope the kids are doing okay. Hope you're doing okay for that matter. Send a shout out my way!!

Have a wonderful weekend...I don't hear from you guys!!

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/39583717.gif[/IMG][/URL]
(fitxme)
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Dallas - I bought Powerstrike 3 before but I returned it. It did NOTHING for my heartrate. I need some higher impact in my kickboxing to get my HR up. Yes, I have QuickFix and it's a decent workout. The only thing is that it's done in 10 min segments so I usually jog in between segments when they are doing the mini warm up and cool down. It has some impact in it to keep your HR up but it's not like a Cathe.

Debbie - I thought the same thing about Team Bootcamp. I'll be jogging in between segments next time.

Lora - PowerStrike 3 is very slow and boring. PowerStrike 1 and 2 are completely different. I burn as many calories with PS1 as I do with Circuit Max.

This evening I did Core Max #1. I can do the levitation holds but I have to do them on yoga blocks. Those damn things are hard to do! I'm getting better at them. I honestly don't think my arms are long enough to do them from the floor. I stretched out a bit and now I'm watching the Daytime Emmy's!!!

Hi Terri,
I am sorry to hear you are in a funk mood. I think we all have that once in awhile. Sometimes I do that and think I will not post but can't help myself. It sounds like you got in a good workout. Turbo Jams are motivating and fun for me. You may like them. Maybe after a rest, tomorrow your outlook may be so much better and you can recognize all of those special things in life and opportunities that are there. Sometimes I am tired and then realize that I cannot do this day again so I need to make it the best one I can and savor all of the special things that come my way.

Diane Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.