Hardcore Fitness Maniacs - Aug 8th

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did my new fave workout. I did SWAT Strength Circuit followed by Sarah Lurie's Kettlebell Express & then 10" Trainer Abs. Workout was 70" and I burned 480 calories (only - should have been higher!). Got to love those KB's. Got my HR up to 152 doing swings. I love working with KB's. Something about throwing them around and swinging them makes you feel like a real bad ass!! LOL. Tunes were Papa Roach's Getting Away With Murder.

I also meant to mention yesterday that Mitch Gaylord's Melt It Off Series was well worth the price. I think it was $35 or so and just for abs and one of the cardio med ball workouts, it was worth it. He's so motivating and has a great, lean athletic body. You can tell he's an athlete both from his motivational comments and looks.

My first day out in the Showroom went okay. I think I'll like it out there cuz they jam the radio. My guy friend (the fitness one) sits out there too. I haven't mentioned that he has a bit of a crush on me (to put it mildly). He was emailing me at home and my DH found out and got really mad. He told me I'm "too close" to him and it caused some problems.

Have great workouts everyone. Happy Friday....but I work tomorrow!

Good Morning:)

This morning, I did 4DS "all weights" this workout is a masterpiece:eek: I have DOMS everywhere:eek: This format is someones, I have to format my own version of 4DS.

Round #1

Back: Supermans
No wt
Back: One Arm Row DB (warm-up set)
Back: One Arm Row DB

Chest: Push Ups
Back: One Arm Row DB
Chest: Push Ups (full, bottom-half, top-half)

Round #2

Back: Underhand Row BB (2 sets of 7)
Chest: Flyes on 40 Degree Incline DB (2 sets of 12)
Back: Underhand Row BB (2 sets of 7)
Chest: Flyes on 40 Degree Incline DB (2 sets of 12)

Round #3

Back: One Arm Row DB (Wide flye, 1 set of 12)
Chest: Decline Push Ups (1 set)

Round #4

Back: Incline Pullovers DB
Chest: Incline Press DB

Round #5

Back: T-Band Flyes
(my band broke so used DB)

Chest: Push Ups Around the Clock
Toes

Dips on High Step to Stretch
No wt
Triceps: Seated Overhead Extensions Pyramid Up DB
10/10/15/15
Biceps: Standing Hammer Curl With Twist Pyramid Up DB
Biceps: Standing Traditional Curl Pyramid Up DB
Round #2

Triceps: Lying Extensions BB
Triceps: Lying Extensions DB
Biceps: Crazy 8s BB
Biceps: Reverse Curls DB
Round #3

Triceps: Dips Feet on Ball, Rear on Step
No wt
Triceps: Pushups on High Step
No wt
Biceps: Incline Hammer Curls With a Twist on Stability Ball DB
Biceps: Double Arm Seated Hammer Curl on Stability Ball DB
Round #4

Triceps: Single Arm Press Down
5lb
Triceps: Kickbacks DB
5lb
Biceps: Hanging Concentration Curls With One Hand on High Step DB
Biceps: Wrist Curls DB

Last edited:
This morning I made up another Cardio Coach mix. It was a good one. I really pushed myself. Again, it was really hard for me to get my HR up. At one point I was sprinting at a speed of 7 which I never really go that high for 1 minute sprints. I was only able to hit my Level 4 once throughout this entire workout. If anyone is interested, it consisted of:

Warmup
Challenge #2 from Volume 8
Steady State
Challenge #2 from Volume 7
Steady State
Challenge #2 from Volume 6 Sean
Cool Down

Fun stuff.

Cardio Stats:
60 minutes
51 minutes in zone
400 calories burned
4 miles travelled

Teddygirl - Nice workout. I am going to check out the premixes on that DVD to see if there is an upper body one I can do tomorrow. Hope there is!

Gotta go deliver Avon. Oh fun...

Morning Maniacs! Todays workout will be Slim Series Tear it Up. I also want to do a bike ride, but it's sprinkling rain outside. I still might go in the rain, it's just been so hot here that it might be refreshing!

Dallys- I got my Valslide kit today. I HATE those slides. The Gliding Discs work sooooooooooo much better. I don't even know if I'll ever use them. I wanted the DVD!! LOL. Hard to keep them under your feet. Any tips?[
Lora- I don't have the Gliding Discs, so I had no idea they were better than the Valslides! I haven't really had any problems keeping the Valslides under my feet though. I bet you could easily sell your Valslides to someone (LORA HAS VALSLIDES for SALE!;)). You are going to think that's one expensive DVD when you see it. I warned you that it was very basic! So, I'm claiming my innocence and I'm not responsible for tempting you to buy this kit or any disappointment that follows!! LOL!!!!!

Teddy- Great workout! I'll have to try that one. Haven't done that series in a long time.

Debbie- Nice workout! I still don't have Volume 7 or 8! Can you imagine?!

My new fav food is turkey bacon, thought I'd let you all know that, lol. It helps spice up all kinds of meals that I've gotten so sick and bored with. Two slices for 2 min. in the microwave and that's it! Simple easy and very tasty. Put on a sandwich or mix with eggs or sprinkle in salad, it's endless!

BTW, yesterday, I got a good 70 minute walk in before the rain came!

Debbie: Nice workout yourself.;) I have too bring this w/o back Sunday, OMG its great! I think this workout would complement BM2 upper body, I’ll see, going too try it for a few weeks.

Dallys: Turkey bacon, I love it. I bake in oven for 5 to 8 minutes. But, I do cook my egg white in the mic:eek:. Girl, I have had these series from the beginning, well almost I waited a few months, before ordering, I wasn’t sure I’d like them,. first time pushing play and it was great. Enjoy your workout! :D

Last edited:
Hi Maniacs

Lora, I'll buy your valslides, you may still have my addy from sending oils a year or so ago (which I still love by the way). let me know. As for your mio, I heard those are pretty accurate, I don't mind my cheststrap other than the fact that I have to wash it often.

Did I see Suz...stopping by???

Dallys..I have not pulled out the slim series in sooooo long. But, tear it up is a good one. Soooo many choices soo little time. DH might kill me if I buy another dvd set...but you have me tempted on the 10 minute trainers too!

Teddy girl...you must be the queen of pre-mixes! You got me to try one that kicked my butt.

I did the stairmaster last night for 30 minutes,I alternated with the elliptical...burned 424 calories, tried to interval with high intesity bursts but that only lasted 14 minutes before I went a steady state. I'm still not 100%

I'm waivering now with starting over with the leg blast rotation of debbies or going for another round of p90x. I really want to get good with my new pull up bar. Ahhhhh indecision, my biggest fault.

ok dokey, pissy clients today long letters and, too many fires to put out for a friday.

BBL,
Amber

Last edited:
Hey ladies...

I've notice that several of you use a protien powder or something along those lines. I think I need to gain a leeetle weight; would a protien supplement do it? I do eat zone bars occasionally; should i just go for one a day of those? I would like to gain a little more muscle.

My workout will be later. Last night's cardio was fun. I wish I could do more cardio, but I guess that given my goals, I should focus on weights and not cardio.

Dallys..I have not pulled out the slim series in sooooo long. But, tear it up is a good one. Soooo many choices soo little time. DH might kill me if I buy another dvd set...but you have me tempted on the 10 minute trainers too!
Amber
Just got done with Tear it Up and you are right, it is a good one! I don't know why, but I love the Slim Series workouts. I've only been doing them for a week and I swear I can already see good things happening! It's like these workouts were custom made for my body. :cool:
LOL on tempting you with the 10 min. trainers! My daughter is the one who bought these and she made me some copies. They are a little pricey. Remember, I'm not held responsible if you get them and don't like them. LOL!:D

I think I need to gain a leeetle weight; would a protien supplement do it?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa.....................I wish I had that problem~ eat some pizza woman! No, I understand, my sister is the same way, she is bones and has trouble gaining weight. I don't know the answer for you, but I wish I had your problem.
Amber

Amber, LOL, I wish I had that problem too:rolleyes: last year I was saying the same thang, that, I need to gain b/c I was just to thin, ssssshhhhiiiittttt! I haven’t stopped gaining. Man oh man, I PRAY that I lost a freaking pound by Sunday, sho don’t feel like it. Girl, I was eye balling Cardio Fusion, haven’t done that one in a loooonnnnnnnggggggg time. Have a great day!

I think I need to gain a leeetle weight; would a protien supplement do it?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa.....................I wish I had that problem~ eat some pizza woman!
Amber

YOu crack me Up girl!!! Hmmm, Pizza or protein shake, pizza or protein shake? What to do, what to do? Umm...Pizza! Duh! ROFL!

Hermia, we're just toying with ya! ;) I'd be happy to take on your needing-to-gain problem if you ever need to get rid of it.:D If you really really want to gain weight though, a meal replacement drink would probably be better than just a plain protein drink. Has more calories, fats, carbs and nutrients plus the protein. This is just my opinion though, take it with a grain of salt because I definitely don't have your problem as of the moment.

Last edited:
would a meal replacement drink work well for just gaining a little weight, or would that be overkill? I always thought those were for people who had to skip meals due to crazy schedules or who couldn't eat solid food for some reason. So I guess to gain a bit I'd just add it into my days eating, as opposed to skipping a meal, yes?

Just finished my post workout shower. I actually started my workout at 9:15, which is early for me. I think this is a good thing and I need to keep doing them earlier than I usually do. I felt like I had a lot more energy. I did Butts and Guts standing (with the non-stability ball ab work) and used heavier weights than usual on a couple exercises (8 pound dumbbells on the walking lunges instead of 5s and 15 pound dumbbells on the first set of one legged squats instead of 12s). I think the earlier workout time must be responsible for feeling more energetic.

I spoke with a work acquaintance who does body-building and he figures I don't eat enough, so I'm gonna work on being more conscious with my meals. Another friend told me I need to consume a gram of protein per pound of body weight. That kinda seems extreme to me; any thoughts on that particular piece of advice?

Hope everyone is having a good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.