Hardcore Fitness Maniacs - Aug 7th

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Fight Cellulite Fast Interval Cardio.....higher impact on Rebounder followed by Mitch's High Calorie Melt. I did part of the ab workout on Mitch's....cuz it's so GOOD. He's excellent at med ball abs! Workout was 64" and I burned 565 calories. I only got my HR up to 164, but my HRM takes 10 seconds to get a reading...so hopefully it was a bit higher. I need to work on getting better at my intervals ....meaning higher!

Have great workouts everyone. It's my late morning at work so I'll probably eat and putter around a while and perhaps try to fit in a short yoga session and a protein shake before work.

Deb - did campaign 18 go in for Avon yet? I see on page 61 that they have Anew Luminosity Ultra cream on special for $16.99. What do you think about me trying this one?

Deb - Yikes -- I did the online skincare survey to see what products they recommend and all of the ones they recommend are like $32 each!!! Yowza. I can't afford that at the moment.

Good morning. I had no power last night till about 10:30, so no WO. I was pretty bummed and in a fowl mood. I need a good cardio blaster tonight and some weights to make up for it. Right now, I need more caffiene!!!!

Have good ones, bbl!

Well, today I did L&G and had a great workout. I forgot how this workout gets my HR up. Got a burn throughout the entire workout. I'll just list the exercise. The sets/reps were varied with different counts.

Leg Press: 20#
Hover Squats: 15#
Rear Lunges/Plie Squats: 15's
Drop Squats: 3 risers, 15#
Explosive Plie Squats
Calf Raises
One Legged Deadlifts: 15's
***These made my low back burn too much so I only did 10 reps instead of 12.
Plie Squats: 20#
Genie Squats on the High Step: Love these!
Explosive Lunges
Standing Leg Extensions on HS: 3 risers, 5# ankle weights, 15# DB
Calf Raises: 5# ankle weights
Standing Leg Extensions: 5# ankle weights
Standing Outer Thigh Lifts: 5# ankle weights
Hamstring Press on HS: 5# ankle weights
Glute Raises: 5# ankle weights
Outer Thigh/Glute Sweeps: 5# ankle weights
***I can't believe I did these with 5# ankle weights. They killed me.
Inner Thigh Lifts: 5# ankle weights
***These burned like crazy. I actually had to stop twice.

Boring to read but it was a fun workout!

Lora - Campaign 18 doesn't go in for another few weeks.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I worked out yesterday on my own. I put more emphasis on triceps cuz I really want to get them suckers bigger. No workout for me today..my neck, trap area is killing me again and I am spending most of the day with Bobby as he goes for his scans today. Gonna do some reading while he is getting scanned.

Here is what I did yesterday:

TRICEPS

Skull Crushers 40# 3/8
Close Grip BB 60# 3/8
Pullovers (cuz these work my triceps very good even though it is mainly for back) 40# db 3/8
Feeling alittle fatigue setting in so I went with 12# db's for Lying Extensions

BICEPS

Concentration Curls 45# 3/6
Hammer Curls 40# 3/8
BB Curls 25# bb just did 30x's

This morning, I did KPC & Abs MIS/S&H planks. I got a good burn in my abs.

Toasty: Nice job:rolleyes:

Debbie: Aw….L&G that workout is ridiculously GOOD! Excellent for leaning legs. Nice work! BTW I NEVER do one legged dead lift as it put so much pressure on my back. I grab my wt belt and do traditional dead lifts with BB, Niiiiicce work, girl!:rolleyes:

I hope is doesn’t rain, this evening I’d loooooove to go for a nice long walk. If I am not able to walk then I will do "4 Day Split" upper body for the first time :p goint to preview while at work, don't tell me boss, ttyl

Char - I believe the pullovers is what is causing you problems. They do for me, especially if that area is already a bit tight. Just a thought.

Teddygirl - L&G is a great leaner workout. I should do it more often. I usually do this workout with 3# ankle weights. The 5# ones about killed me. LOL! I hope we don't get any rain. I rode my bike in today.

Yesterday was the second new TT workout of the next four weeks. This is how it went.

Superset A
Forward Lunges
8/8/8 - 35's
Side Planks
hold for 30 sec. x 3

Superset B
RDL
8/8/8 - 117#
Stability Ball Jackknifes
15/15/15

Superset C
Step Ups
8/8/8 - 20's
Stability Ball hamstring curls
15/15/15

then cardio at 60/60 for 6 rounds. Used Bootcamp cardio 1,2,3,4, 6, & 7.

Today was 4 DS HIS. I seem to be grabbing that one a lot lately!

Nice job everyone! I am about to leave here in about an hour to meet up with some of the Roadtrippers. Should be a lot of fun!

Hi Maniacs

I'm still dragging today...feel like crap, I may try the elliptical and stairmaster with a cardiocoach tonight. I'm definately not going to do weights or step today with this sinus/chest/nausea crap and !

Debbie, love LL - nice workout.your nuts with the ankle weights at 5#

Charlotte--40#? you rock woman!

Lora--why does your hrm take 10seconds? what kind do you have? Mine gives a constant number and the heart symbol flashes with my pulse.

Teddygirl..4DS for the 1st time??? what's up with that? I like the series, especially the Kickbox one, but I injured my back on the deadlifts about 4 months ago and I only was able to start working out again about a month ago. Even today, if I move a certain way I can feel it. I know it's a ruptured disc, nothing else takes that long to heal. I have just decided that deadlifts are off limits for awhile and never really went back to try 4ds again.

Ok...back to work Have great workouts everyone!
Amber

I just caught up on yesterday's checkin. Had a few things to say.

Lora - I will look into the skin care stuff for you. I am allergic to a lot of things as well but the ANEW line seems to work well for me. I'll get back to you on it.

Suz - Wow, interesting info on the migraines. I was kind of worried thinking I had a tumor or something. Thinking along the lines of anerisms. But I've had these before and my brother gets them the exact same way. It is nice to know what's coming. I headed it off fairly well yesterday but it has carried over into today. My head started pounding when I got to work. But then again, it could just be work. LOL!

Where's Diane Sue?

Hey Maniacs! Late check-in for me today. Did my 35 min. bike ride today consisting of a 25 min. hill climb followed by 10 min. of standing intervals while in my toughest gear (these get my hr soaring!). I then did Slim Series Express Cool it off. Felt good, kind of a rest-ish day for me.

Debbie- I think Diane Sue said something about going to visit her Dad. Could be why she missing.

Talk more tomorrow as I'll have more time. Great workouts everyone!

Amber - My HRM is a Mio Drive. I don't wear a chest strap....but it has finger pads to take your HR. I've worn them for years and love them. I can't stand the chest strap. However, the newest Mio is the Mio Ultimate and it comes with the option of using the chest strap or finger pads. Last time I ordered, I couldn't afford that one though. With the strapless, you just have to be sure to take your HR often, at the highs and lows of your workout so you get a good average read. It's not an exact science.....but then I don't hang to closely on the calories burned anyway! It's just nice to have an idea.

Dallys- I got my Valslide kit today. I HATE those slides. The Gliding Discs work sooooooooooo much better. I don't even know if I'll ever use them. I wanted the DVD!! LOL. Hard to keep them under your feet. Any tips?

Aww, Lora, that's so cute one of your kitties kickboxes with you! And definitely wierd about the one that grew the testicle...yikes! I've never heard of such a thing. Your vet probably called all his vet buddies first chance he got, lol. Hermia used to basically steer clear of me when I worked out, but now she's not at all wary, not even when I'm hoping around doing cardio. Usually I have to put her in my bedroom cuz she'll just lounge a foot behind my step and stay there. When I do weights, she'll walk around my legs and rub and then lie down right next to me. That's kinda similar to what she does when I'm reading, grading, or on the computer; she wants to be right there, like two inches from me. It's like she can sense where there's focus and wants to insert herself into the focus, lol. She's a sweetie, but definitely needy, lol! Love her bunches.

Yesterday I was so tired I probably should have just skipped the workout. I didn't start it till midnight. I did chest and back from 4DS (but just three rounds), and shoulders and calves as well.

Today I just finished the first half of Tracey's HISM2 and the first half of her Core Strength and Conditioning (I think that's what it's called, from her first batch). That's a long ab workout, about 40 minutes. I almost always just do either the first or second half.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.