HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS AUG 24

Hey Maniacs-
Sorry I never got a chance to post yesterday, but I didn't have much to report either. This has turned into a rest week, and I am ok w/ that considering I will be going to 4 fitness classes a day Thursday-Sunday. I am going to Dallas Mania and I am VERY excited :D I got a short massage yesterday for the trap area and will go back on Monday to decompress after the 8 hours in the car and 4 day fitness extravaganza :eek:

Today will be manic packing and obsessive-compulsive packing :) I hope to get back here some time today :)

No workout today. Was suppose to be cardio but cardio is so easy for me to skip. So I am!

Yesterday we did end up going to the lake. We chanced the rain and didn't hit a raindrop until we pulled back into our driveway. It was awesome how the timing worked out.

Today we are heading south to a place called Roscoe Village. Looking forward to it! A 2 1/2 hour motorcycle hop.

Roselyn - Got it done first thing! Such a good feeling - great workout, too :)

Theresa - I don't envy you the packing. I just hate that part for some reason. The trip sounds incredible though. Is it THIS Thursday? Guess it must be. Time got away from me, I guess. Will you be taking classes with Mindy all 4 days? Scheduled massage = good idea ;) .

Debbie - Glad you got your lake trip in and are enjoying your vacation. Day trips can be so much fun.

Diane Sue - Want to thank you so much for posting about the Brook Benten B & G. Went ahead and did it yesterday. Enjoyed it very much :). It's a good workout.

So - along with B. Benten's B & G, I did STS disc 24 (Back). Triset legs today - also biceps. Will also get in some some steady state or run through Budokon Power and Agility.

Have a great morning.

Lori

Hi Everyone!

I don't have much time to post but wanted to stop in and say "hello" to everyone. I have been really bad with the food and exercise over the past week, I think partly because of stress with getting the new house. I should find out tomorrow if we are getting it, so please send any prayers you can!! :)

I went to camp for a long weekend again and did manage to get in some hiking, but nothing else really. Today was Imax 2 Cardio and Weights, which is a pretty good workout. :) I also took a 2 hour nap because I have been exhausted and not sleeping well at night.

Debbie - I'm so glad you took the day trip and didn't get stuck in the rain! You deserve some nice days being off of work - finally! ;)

Lori - Nice workout today! Whew...I was tired just reading that. LOL

Roselyn - I love getting my workouts done first thing!

Theresa - I hope the trap is feeling better after that massage! I also pack like a madwoman and try to have "extra" everything!! It should be a great weekend - enjoy!

Ok...hi to everyone else! I'm off to get some work done. Have a great day!

Cheryl

Theresa - Enjoy your Mania, it sounds, well kind of manic! LOL! I need to get a massage for my leg!

Debbie - Glad to hear you got the lake trip in. Hope you have more good weather today!

Lori
- Boy, that's a lot of working out!

Cheryl
- You are in my prayers for the house

Today I did KCM 30 MtF Bootcamp Cardio Premix. I have some good Tricep & Bicep DOMS today.:D I think it was from the death grip on the KB during the Triple Crush in AOS Providence, trying to keep the KB from slipping out on my very sweaty hands! LOL!:eek: Vinyl coated KBs are pretty but they sure are slippery little suckers!

I fully expected to be here earlier than this. I did my workout and showered so I could run into town to vote. I wanted to get there before the lunch "crowd" got there. No one was there. The women working it had sewing machines and what looked like quilting stuff out. SO, when I was done I called dh and we went to an early lunch. I think I am getting sick of grilled shrimp or chicken salad and steamed oriental veggies. Anyway, I found out I am not picking up the grandchildren today so ran to Walmart. They break ground today on our grocery store:D That will be a relief.
Workout was Turbo Fire 55EZ 54 minutes, 409 calories, Avg HR 135-Max 166. I then did Bob Harper's Yoga Abs 17 min and Turbo Fire Abs 10 11 min, 93 calories, I finished with Jillian's Yoga Meltdown Level 2 29 min, 105 calories. Workout time was 1 hr 56 minutes and calories burned was 607.

Roselyn, TF 60 is a good one. I was tempted to do it today instead of 55EZ. Tomorrow I am doing weights and Kettlebells so not sure if I will fit a TF in myself. Maybe a short one:)

Theresa, enjoy the packing;)

Debbie, I hope you enjoy the ride:D You were lucky missing the rain yesterday. We went on a long ride once when it was sunny. On the way home we got caught in a hailstorm. Was drenched when we arrived. We had a friend waiting on us and he thought it was hilarious.

Lori, I am glad that you enjoyed Brook Benton's Butts and Guts. I contemplated doing another STS today with Turbo Fire but my legs and glutes have doms and my lats are sore so will wait till tomorrow. Lauren Brooks 2nd Kettlebell workout is supposed to arrive today so I will fit it in with the weight work tomorrow. Maybe one of the shorter portions and a Turbo Fire workout.

Cheryl, I will send a some prayers your way. I know how disappointing it can be when you have your heart set on a house and you don't get it. In our case the realtor failed to get the papers signed right away:mad: We were already discussing how we were going to arrange the furniture. That was before the house we are in now. I hope you can start getting some sleep. I bet your mind is working overtime with what is going on.

Linda, I hear you on the kettlebells getting slippery. I hate wearing weight lifting gloves when I do kettlebells so I just keep trying to towel off. I guess I got carried away yesterday because I have a bruise on my wrist today. I haven't done that in awhile.

Cheryl - Very good to hear from you :) - Prayers coming from me too - hope you get the house. So tough not knowing and being in limbo - an exciting time, too. It seems like almost everyone has up and down times with workouts and eating and taking care of themselves - you'll get back in your groove - hope you're being good to yourself ;)

Linda - I just recently got Providence. Have previewed but not done it yet. I tried out the triple crush though - tougher than it looked (the death grip you mentioned - yes). I had trouble with a slippery bell yesterday a couple times. There's a burpee move in the B & G workout where you have to balance on the handle. My hands slipped right off (went and put on mittens. Probably looked like a dork :eek: but it worked). Hope your leg is doing better.

Diane Sue - Sounds like a good line up :D. Sometimes it's tough for me when I get new dvd's to figure out how to integrate them into my schedule. It's the newness and learning curve, I think. I don't know quite what to expect intensity-wise. You seem good at integrating things so you get a well-rounded mix and ease in the new stuff. The Benten workout and back yesterday, with tri-sets today may have been a bit of overkill, but ... I knew that and decided I wanted to do it anyway :p. No DOMS yet - maybe they'll show up later. My legs do feel kinda shakey right now. I just rarely get them in my legs no matter what I do. Anyway - great workout today and good news about the grocery store :)

So. Done with week 3 tri-sets - had a very good workout. Opted for this one because I did deadlifts yesterday for back and this particular tri-set workout doesn't have them. Cathe certainly seems to like that exercise :eek: Biceps and some Budokon tonight. About to go do some yard work.

-Lori

Lori, I tried balancing on the kettlebell for those burpees and worried about my wrists. I just do the burpee and then come back up with the kettlebell. I previewed the workout I want to incorporate. It is divided up into two workouts and a finshing workout then an ab workout. The first seems more strength based. The second adds in some things like burpees that will give it a cardio feel. I think I will probably do that one if I do back and triceps tomorrow. I will do the other one when I do the STS leg day I have planned from meso 1. I don't know why some of those workouts incorporate deadlifts in the upper body and in the lower body. It makes it difficult to do them on back to back days. Too much of that and I start to feel it in my low back.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.