Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 8-31-07 Friday

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did my Jillian Frontside Book Circuit. Used my Rebounder for the cardio. Used my Blue/Black bands with the door attachment for chest flies and for crossover flies - used a band doubled up and wrapped it around my back. I'm not sure this was enough weight for 12 reps.....not happy with my workout today. I felt lost without my HR monitor (which is broken). I think workout was about 1 hour (forgot to look at the clock). Listened to Papa Roach again.

Diane Sue & Dallys - those links wouldn't work on my computer (stupid computer). What kind of neck stuff do they show with the roller?

Have great workouts. I'm off to eat my oatmeal and then I have to clean and I'm not really in the mood! I'm going to see if Amy's presale link is working.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I am off today..thank the lord!!!! I worked out my arms good yesterday. Here is what I did:

Cheat Curls 70# 12x's, 65# 10x's, 60# 8x's and 55# 6x's. **These worked the forearms and lower bicep muscle really good.***

Zottman Curls 3 sets 8 with 25's

Concentration Curls 3 sets 6 with 40's

My biceps are really sore. Although I don't know why since I am use to the weight. They stayed pumped longer then usual yesterday. Not big on cardio right now. My weight is at 114 so I have to watch it.

Gonna workout my legs today.

Good Morning, today I started with CTX Power Circuits w/up and cardio/lower segments, then Tracey's Sweatfest Step segment 1. I will come back and do some more weight work and stretching after I take my granddaughters to school. I placed my order at Amy's site this morning.

Lora, the stuff for the neck on the foam roll said you just lay on it. (do not roll on it) It says if you want to move to another area you lift your head and move to the next area. Did you order all of Amy's workouts. I didn't order the step one. Maybe I should. I have never learned the choreography in the first one. I had no problem with cardio step pump and a team bootcamp though.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Well, I was suppose to do back and shoulders today but I have a pain in my upper left shoulder blade area since Wednesday so I figured I'd give it one more day to heal. I was going to do cardio but just do not feel like it. So I guess I'll be a slacker today and just take it as my usual rest day (even though I took Tuesday off as well). I don't do this often so I don't mind, I just hope I don't see a weight gain on the scale tomorrow morning.

I will keep my cals and carbs low today and that should help. I hope this pain goes away.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Lora - Great workout girl! Hey, I'm really liking Papa Roach. How is the older CD you got?

Char - Nice bicep work girl!

Diane Sue - Morning girl!

Morning to everyone to come along as well! :)

Morning Maniacs! I woke up early this morning, just couldn't sleep. Course I just sat and watched TV. Lord help me as I watched 2 episodes of that stupid "Rock of love" show with Bret Micheals. I've hit a new low. ROFLMAO!

Diane Sue-Thanks for the links. Looks like we'd need more than one foam roller. The half ones look great for some exercises.

Debbie- Take care of that shoulder. I wonder what caused it. My elbow is hurting again and I'm pretty sure it was from doing upright rows. I slightly felt something odd but keep going. Why...why? Doh!

Lora- sorry you had a bad workout day. It happens sometimes.

Char-Great bicep workout! Enjoy your day off today.:)

Now, I'm tired and ready for a nap. LOL! What I really need to do is go for a bike ride. I need food first though.

Later...

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif [font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Back from the school and am getting ready to go do some other weight work.

Debbie, enjoy the rest day. I hope your shoulder gets better quickly. I am sure watching what you eat will help avoid the weight gain.

Dallys, why is it we just keep going when we feel something a little off? I know I do that and later chastise myself for not listening to my body. I have one foam roller and it looks like a couple of longer ones would be good to have. Another interesting thing I found is that they said it is good to use for a warm up and prior to deep stretching. I used mine this morning before I started my workout.

Charlotte, enjoy your much deserved day off. How is your FIL doing?

Diane Sue - yes, I ordered all of them. I'll never learn her older step. I sort of do my own version. I think this one will be a little easier to follow since peeps complained about the first one being to hard to follow, but I'm sure it will be challenging enough coreography wise. I picked up Tracey's 2nd step a bit better....so I'm hoping Amy does the same and if not, you can always Ebay it.

Dallys- yes, one day is fine...but the problem is ....honestly, this has sort of happened every day this week cuz we just switched to 12 reps from 15 and I'm not used to it yet.....but I've been sore....so it can't be ALL bad.

Deb - I just can't get enough P Roach. Paramour Sessions is Freakin' Awesome.....then entire CD...only one song is so/so. The DH has been listening to it nonstop and knows all the words already. I heard him down on the Eliptical this morning belting all of the tunes out....gotta love it! Their other 2 CDs are Love/Hate Tragedy (the oldest one) with She Loves Me Not on it. It's okay, but not great. I like some songs on it. I've only listened to it about 4 times so far....so it might get better. Getting Away with Murder is the next oldest and I really like it alot. It's worth getting. There are several REALLY good songs on it. From listening to the progression in their music and CDs'.....it is apparent that they were more of a Rap/Rock band in the past and they are evolving. Each CD gets slightly better......so they are growing.....but honestly, I don't think they can top Paramour Sessions. I listened to it this morning during my workout and then again while cleaning, I listened to Love Hate Tragedy and Paramour Sessions again! Getting Away with Murder has the song Scars on it, Take Me and Getting Away with Murder (those were the radio hits and they are good). There is also a WAY Cool song on the CD called Sometimes and I really like the song Blood on it (in case you want to download a few.).

I'm done cleaning.......but the sweeper belt came off and I didn't get to sweep the upstairs. Have to wait for the DH to get home and fix it.

Off to run some errands.

Lora, just curious. What time were you able to order off of Amy's presale. I ordered right at 7:08 her time and my number comes to 1,318. I went back and ordered the step workout after reading the description. Was hoping to be one of the first 500 customers and get the free cd but I doubt that will happen.

Diane Sue - I ordered around 5:50 am. I don't know what number I was. Didn't pay attention.

Deb - Sometimes is not the name of the song I REALLY like. The song .....which I think may possibly be the freakin' coolest song ever is called Be Free! It has a good groove and rocks. I also like Not Listening. You can download those and the ones above and see what you think.

Hi, Hardcore Ladies!

Fridays are my rest days. Everybody works so hard around here. It just motivates me to want to push a bit further, lift a bit heavier.

I ordered Amy’s this morning (all 3) at 6:00 a.m. Also, I’m guessing that because she’s said her step this time ‘round is slower and a bit more athletic, I’m guessing it will be easier to catch on to. I cannot, for the life of me, do all of ASC, simply because of the choreography. I’m hoping ASC II is easier to learn. I also ordered Tracey’s. I find her step is similar, but for some reason I catch onto it. Probably because her combos are repeated, in sort of an Imax style. I am really looking forward to Tracey’s HISM 2 and to Amy’s Hi/Lo Dome. And, of course, to Cathe’s 4 Day Split!!!!

And now, I think I’m broke!

Hey Maniacs! Just got back from my mt. bike ride. I took Carma and had to come back alittle early as it was WAY to hot to be out! She drank most of my water. Still got in a good ride and went up some MF-ing hills.

Here is a pic after I got home.

275507911.jpg

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif [font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

Those taking the day off....enjoy!

Dallys- great pic!

Did legs today....I don't care for the ctx legs...so i did Lowmax premix 4-7 and mm leg premix.

Did my monthly weight. I'm at 113.8 Trying to figure out what my best weight is. I'm 5'5". It seems that when I get any heavier I add too much around my waist. x(

Have a great day

Lisa- Thanks! I'm a couple lbs. more than you and the same height. 110 to 112 is what I'm aiming for. I gain it in my waist too... Hate that! Just those few extra lbs. are so annoying!

Diane Sue- Thanks for that link. I'm still thinking if I really need a foam roller. You'll have to let me know how you like it, after you use it for awhile.:)

Hey Maniacs-

FIL passed away at 4:45 this afternoon. Got a call from hospital around 2 saying that he was soon to pass and was with him til the end. Hubby was working and made it there 5 mins after his dad passed. It was all very sad. I called FIL's sister and let her speak to him on my cellphone..then my hubby and then his brother. My son came in after he got out of school. He was there with me to and seen him slip away. I don't ever want to go thru this again.

Thank you all. I really appreciate it. Means alot. I am glad he is not going to continue on in the state he was in. Glad it is over and he is with his wife again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.