Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 5/19

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning maniacs! No workout here yet- I realized that I was only getting about 5ish hours of sleep a night and it was killing me! So a few times a week I am going to workout in the afternoons while the kids nap. I prefer mornings but I have to take care of the sleep issue too. Anyway, cardio is on the agenda for today- kind of nice to get to ponder what I'm in the mood to do.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Haven't posted much lately, but still working out. Bobby was off yesterday so could not get on computer. I worked my legs and did some ab work. Still on lean rotation...3rd week.

Today I am gonna either doing Cardio Coach 8 or 12 mi bike ride.

Hello Patti and to the rest that follow.

Today was cardio and I just didn't even want to do it. My hamstrings are still VERY tight. I've been heating/stretching them every night and it doesn't seem to be helping. I did Cardio Coach #6 w/Candace and had to get off my treadmill three times to stretch. My hamstrings got really tight and then my low back started to hurt.

I did all the challenges, but didn't go balls to the wall, until the last challenge and then I only did 2 of the 3 intervals. I had to stop because it was just so uncomfortable.

HR STATS:
56 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
33 minutes in zone
18 minutes above zone
449 calories burned
3 miles travelled

Not bad considering.

Today is "go to work with your hubby" day. I have to help clean some apartments for a big hupla thing going on tomorrow. So I get to take a day off, but probably work harder then I do at my regular job! LMAO!

Hope you all have a great day and I'll talk to you tomorrow!

Morning Maniacs -

this morning I did David Kirsch's 7 Day Rx Chest & Tri's followed by Rockin Body Cardio - Disco Groove. Workout was 62" and I burned 549 calories.

Have great workouts everyone......I work open to close today.

Good morning.

Char- enjoy some fresh air if you go on the bike ride.

Deb- sorry for you hammy problems. Very strange how they won't loosen up. My hams are still sore today from Sunday if it makes you feel any better lol! Enjoy your day!

Patti- that was always my schedule when I stayed home- nap time was my WO time!

Lora- hope your day goes quickly.

Well, for some reason on the way home from work my lower back started aching terribly and didn't go away until I went to bed. So I chose to rest, and I feel so much better this morning. I instead watched 3 episodes of CSI Miami with Wayne and hung out with the kiddos before hand.
SO, Lean 2 tonight.

Hello ladies! Great workouts everyone. I did treadmill today and ran and did some incline and got my HR up above the zone. I only went 3 miles. I haven't run in a while and didn't want to aggravate my plantar fasciaitis. I know I misspelled that word!

Have a great day everyone.

Hey maniacs! Well, didin't get a workout in yesterday....had DOMS in my glutes (that's a good thing!) and too many errands to run....which means I did not get my meals in as planned so I did just do the protein shakes (except for breakfast and lunch) I have lost 3lbs!

Patti...I did check my bf and it is still at 14% and measurements are the same so I am beginning to believe this weight gain is muscle! :D:D:D

Todays w/o will be chest/back/abs + HIIT on TM

Meals for today:
M1: 6 eggwhites/1 egg, cream of wheat w/ flaxseed and blueberries
M2: protein shake, 1/2 cup raspberries and almond crunch
M3: 6 oz. chicken, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/3 cup black beans, 1tbs salsa
M4: apple (pre-w/o)
M5: surge (post-w/o)
M6: salmon, green veggie
M7: protein shake, almonds
Calories: 1,848, carbs: 154, fat:54, protein: 189

Have a great day everyone!

Linda - HOLY CRAP on that workout! :eek: :eek: :eek: I don't know if I could do each side alone. Wasn't it hard to balance? Nice job, I bet you will be uber sore tomorrow!!!

Debbie - They have you do one side at a time for the added core benefit of having to balance!:p

Linda: Hey, you could do one legged squats!! :p

Patti - You will see that two legs was hard enough!:confused:

Linda- what issue was that workout in? Good job!

Meg - It was the Sept/Oct 2008 issue of M&F Hers.

hi ladies,

yesterday I was bummed about my lack of success thus far in job hunting, so I didn't get around to my workout till later, and then just did Gym Style Legs through the tibealis exercise and then abs from LIS.

For today, I just got back from my yoga class.

Have a great day, everyone.

A bit disappointed in yesterday's workout. I have good DOMS in my Back and Biceps (yipee!), I have nothing in my Chest & Triceps.:confused: I just don't get it. I worked hard on those, but nothing. Gonna really focus on those on Thursday w/o and see if I can figure out what I missed.

Now as far as today's workout goes, I will be lucky if I can walk tomorrow!:eek:

4DS HIS through first blast as body warmup.

2 warm-up sets of 10 reps for every exercise.

Squats - 35#
Jump Squats - BW
Sissy Squats - BW
Romanian Deadlift - 35#

1 Working Drop Set, Rep Pattern 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20.

Squats - 105,95,85,75,65,55 #
***This was a burner
Jump Squats - 20,15,12,10,8,5 #
***HR through the roof
Sissy Squats -20,15,12,10,8,5
***First time I did these, was a fun exercise (kinda:p)
Romanian Deadlift - 125,115,105,95,85,75,65
***The 125# was only two reps, had to lower the weight so had an extra set here.

Squats - 45#
***They finish you off with 1 grueling set of 30 reps on squats.

Then had some time left , so walked on the TM on an incline at 3.7 for 10 minutes. (was all I could do by that point) Finished with stretch from B & G. Workout was 1:07 and burned 516 calories.

Afterward, I thought climbing the stairs from the basement and then upstairs to wake the kids was brutal, but let me tell you it was nothing compare to trying to carry DD DOWN the stairs!:eek: And she only weighs 29#.:p

Last edited:
Linda - I like this rotation you are doing. I tried to find it on their website but could not. Rock on girl!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.