Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 2/8

I did that foam roller workout again this a.m. and I can't believe what relief it gives me with the tightness in my upper back. Last night it got tight again, but not like it has been. This morning I feel pretty good and can move my head from side to side without too much pain. It is working. I don't remember what it feels like to be able to turn my head without pain and stiffness. Isn't that terrible?

I'm going to order another one of Karen Voights stretching workouts - it's a total body stretch for 52 minutes. I'm looking forward to trying that one as soon as I get it.

I'm going to do the foam roller tomorrow and Friday again. If this pain goes away and stays away I'll be very happy.

I think I'm going to have to re-thinking my workout rotations. I'm thinking my heavy lifting days are over. I just wish they weren't so addicting for me. I think I'm going to have to start doing some total body workouts - higher reps and then add in stretching and cardio. How the heck I'm going to do all that is beyond me. But I can't keep going like this. I am doing more damage than good to myself.

Morning Guys:D

I am really pissed off:mad:. I had da-bomb workout scheduled for this morning. And freaking overslept. My alarm went off but know……I decided to laid down 10 minutes and whatcha know when I jumped up it was 4:28 I was like WTH.

Anywho, I almost talked myself out of ANY workout. But thought about it and got my fat butt up I did a slow steady run. That’s it.

Oh my, I just noticed Cathe's is coming out with two new workouts, I'm going to pre-order. Its' been a while since I ordered other than Circuit Max, think I got a burned out or something. But these look like keepers

Stats:
378 cals
3:48 miles
50 minutes

Debbie: sounds like a plan to me.:rolleyes: I have to check out the form roller workouts. Who makes them? It's okay to go lighter and get the same results, right? Like you said you have to excute a new plan; that's all.

This morning was Chalean Extreme Push workout 2, 35 min, 165 calories. I then did Les Mills Sports attack(which I totally love and moves fast even when I think I don't want to work that hard) 29 min, 259 calories Max HR 166. I then did Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Dynamics Mix that is all intervals twice and then abs, 27 min, 207 calories, max hr 161. I ended with Shiva Rea's More Daily energy Solar evolution balance workout. Balance is hard for me(sometimes good and sometimes I am really fighting to control it) 21 min, 104 calories. Total time was 1 hr 51 min and calories burned was 735.
Chalean Extreme Push workout # 2 week 4( Hardly any changes because I am sore and woke with headache and neck pain and swear I knew better with yesterda'ys choices. Once I got going I was ok and I did up a couple of moves.
1 standard overhead press dumbbells 22.5 lb 8 reps
2 single leg lunge 26.5lbdumbbells 8 reps
3 standing reverse fly 13.5dumbbells # down .5 lb 8 reps
4 standing arnold press 20#dumbbells 8 reps (up 1 lb ) same for breakdown 43 reps after 10 sec rest
5 single leg dead lift 26.5 lbdumbbells 8 reps, 3 reps same weight breakdown
6 bentover lat raise 16.5 lbdumbbells 8 reps, 10 rest then 3 rep breakdown slower same weight
7 frontal shoulder press 20lbdumbbells 8 reps breakdown 10 sec rest then same weight 3 re[s
8 single leg tap lunge 27lb dumbbells 8 reps((up 2lb) 8 reps breakdown is ame 3 reps
9 lateral delt raise 15lb 8 reps breakdown is 3 reps

Debbie, another good foam roller workout is Lawrence Biscontini. If you do the whole workout which is around 54 min if I remember right you get loads of stuff. It has the first 16 min where you can just do it which hits a lot and even the shins. Then he goes on to some balancing core work on the foam roller then moves to a lot of interesting things. He hits arms with wrists turned at different angles(mentioning the carpal tunnel area, legs where I am always almost wanting to scream(everything is hit from all angles), just really everything in all different ways. I do not care for his personality and just roll when he is talking but this is a really good foam roller workout. The Foam Roller Workout with Lawrence Biscontini - YouTube
Just to give you an idea. I think you can get it at collage or amazon. I am glad it is helping you.

Teddy, it is always frustrating to me when I actually oversleep. Generally I wake before my alarm goes off(like half a dozen times:) ) I wish I slept more soundly. Then when I do I try to get in a nice short tough cardio so at least I feel like I did something. Nice workout anyway:D

Debbie: Nice workout, as always:) I got a chances to see the Foam Roller Workout, interesting:rolleyes: I see muscles definitely being worked. Me too, I am always waking up 10 times a night, just so happen I was dead tired yesterday. I'll make it up. Thank you for sharing.

Teddy , lol on the rolleyes. I saw some other interesting videos along with that one:) I think even Tony Horton isbusing that roller in the new P 90 X 2. I have one of the stott Pilates ones but did not care for it much. Not a real fan of pilates myself.

Yesterdays eats were:
meal 1 peanut butter and Amazing Grass Green Super FOod powder
meal 2 kuner's no salt added chili beand, Pasta Slim spinach Fettucini(soy pasta) 1/4 cup reduced fat market pantry mexican cheese blend(this has less calories and sodium than Kraft) I added some chipotle pepper seasoning to this
meal 3 Clean eating Comfort Foods Mexican Style Chicken Soup with a few changes( no rice, no added oil, and I left out the squash because I did not have any) lite Pom pomegranete and dragon fruit juice with aloe cera juice
meal 4 4 baby carrots
meal 5 same as meal 3 mexican style chicken soup
Macros came to 45% carbs, 17% fat, 37% pro

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.