HARDCORE FITNESS MANIAC HOTTIES WEEKEND :P

Today was cardio and I chose to do the Step portion of Step, Jump & Pump and then the Challenge from Step Blast. Haven't done these workouts in a while. SJ&P is such a fun workout. So is Step Blast.

Had a really good workout and I was sweating like a pig. I can tell I'm not use to step workouts because my HR got up there fast, even with the warmup. I was only in my below zone for 1 minute. :D

HR STATS:
43 minutes total
1 minute below zone
9 minutes in zone
33 minutes above zone
375 calories burned

Haven't heard a word about that job. I am beyond frustrated and stressed. I'm sure I got my hopes up for nothing. :(

Lora - If you are looking for the Hardcore thread you started, it's over on OD. LOL!! Just letting you know. :)

Hope you all have a great weekend. Tomorrow is my rest day.

Last edited:
I was coughing my head off through out the night, so I skipped my cardio today and am now officially taking a few days rest while I decide what I want to do next.

Debbie - I am sorry you haven't heard about the job yet. Hope you here something good soon.

Debbie-I wouldn't worry too much yet. I has only been a week, and they may very well still be interviewing. Also, there is the possibility that they are running background and reference checks. Have any of your references told you the company has called them? I waited over three weeks to hear about a job once, and I was on pins and needles the ENTIRE TIME :eek:

Linda-I am glad the funeral send off was a nice one, but again I am sorry for your loss. How much snow do you have?

Theresa

Linda :eek: that is a lot of snow.....

Workout is done. I did Empire State and the workout was about 40 min. I skipped the breaks b/c I felt pretty good. 3 min rounds are just enough not to suck the life out you :p

BBL
Theresa

I had to get my workout in quick this morning so I could make it to my hair appointment and then to pick up grandchildren.
Workout was GS timesaver 1 Legs 33 min, 243 cal, GS Shoulders and str 13 min 107, HiiT 30/30 28 min 266 calories Max HR 174. Total time 74 min, 616 calories.
Gym Style legs and shoulders weights:
Squats-2x16 85#, 1x 4slow,7,3,3 85#
front linget 1x8 35# dumbbells
rear liunge 1x24 reps 30# dumbells
plie squats 2x16,15,15 55# dumbbells... See More
Leg Press- 2x15 reps blue non latex Cathe band
barbell toes elevated deadlift 1x16 85#
calf raises 2 sets 35# dumbbell held in one hand.
Shoulders
overhead press-20's 3x10 reps
lateral raise 2x10 reps 15# dumbbells
band lateral front raise-green non latex Cathe band
dumbbell rear fly-2x12 reps 12#, 15#
band rear fly green non latex Cathe band

Last edited:
Linda, enjoy your rest. We are supposed to have more snow headed our way. I want spring!! Got to see sun for a few hours yesterday.

Debbie, I know sometimes those jobs take awhile to go through all of their process. Don't let it bother you too much yet. Nice cardio mix:)

Theresa, I always jog in place during those breaks on the AOS workouts.

So some of you are getting snow, huh...no fun. Snow is so fluffy and benign looking, yet destructive. I'm glad it doesn't snow here. We've had a lot of rain lately, though.

I've been skipping yoga classes due to crazy work schedule, so today I went to yoga, although I normally don't like to go on the weekends, so as to get more time with my fiance. I went to an Iyengar class, my first one. I'm not totally sure what I think of Iyengar. There was zero warm up, just straight into lots of really long stretches. I guess I was warm enough, though, because I didn't feel like I was going to pull anything, and the long holds really did feel like they loosened the muscles more. Then I got home and played video games with fiance, and then I did Tracey's Hi/Lo Med ball through combo five, and then the abs.
=)

ooooooopppss..posted on the wrong forum.

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Brazil Butt Lift Sculpt followed by 15 minute Leslie Walk with power boosters (liked this). Finished with 10" stretch off of a 10" Solution Pilates DVD. Burned 520 calories. Max HR was 155.

My shoulders are killing me again. We got a TON of snow here...but the mall is still open...so I'm getting ready to go into work. We will be dead.

Anyone around today? I was gonna post about some other stuff, but maybe I should wait until Monday when everyone's around.

Lora, I am stilll around. I bet the Mall is dead if you have snow. We are expecting more in the next day or so. I am so tired of it. How do you like Brazil Butt?? Is it all non weighted work??

Hermia, always good to hear from you. Glad that you found time to get a workout in. I have not heard of Iyengar. Interesting that there was no warm up.

Morning Maniacs-

I hope I'm on the right thread this morning! HA! This morning I did Leslie's new walk 2 Miles with the booster cables and then I did Dance the Inches Off Cardio Striptease. I REALLy had to add some movement to the latter to get the HR up. Max HR was 160 and I burned 631 calories in 65" and then I did Pilates 10" Solution stretch.

Working again today. Hopefully I'll have a decent Sunday with the snow subsiding. We are expecting another snow storm mid week. I SO hate this weather. It is depressing. It's also VERY cold here again...single digits. I'm off tomorrow and Tuesday! Yay!

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Diane Sue - I have only done the total body scuplt, cardio/weight sculpt and cardio from Brazil Butt Lift so far. I've not yet done any of the leg only workouts. It appears that they look like a good blend of non-weighted, weighted, sort of ballet type, kickboxing/capoiera type movements and such. There is one disc that has mostly floor work. The Bum Bum ones look fun. I'll try one of those next, as they are lower body workouts with a secondary cardio feel. I love Leandro (spelling). He's really got a heavy accent and he's REALLY into the workouts. He is sort of amusing and endearing. Nothing like the dude from the Rev Abs series that most peeps found annoying. Everyone seems to like Leahandro. The system is getting rave reviews over at VF. I've been debating a rotation....but I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to one program. Maybe in a little bit. I will probably be trying some of the other workouts soon though.

ETA: the sculpt workout I did yesterday had a lot of moves in it that bothered my shoulders. He did lots of side lying pushups and moves similar. Did me in. Must find a way to modify yet again! I get so frustrated.

Last edited:
Theresa - The only reason I'm worried is because she said she'd get back to me by the end of the week. I'm going to make a follow-up call Monday, but then I worry that if I get annoying they won't hire me. It seems to be a no-win situation. I really hate this.

Linda - First I'm glad to hear the funeral was nice. I'm sorry for your loss, I know how hard it is. I miss my dad every day. Sorry you aren't feeling good. I hope you get better soon. Hey, I taped Oprah Friday because Pink was on. She does P90X!!! :eek: Pretty cool, huh? She is the bomb!

Diane Sue - I'm trying not to worry about the job, but I want it so bad. I hope I hear something soon. Nice workout yesterday!

Hermia - I hear Tracey's med ball workout is a good one. I'm still waiting for it on Netflix. I'm really starting to hate Netflix. It's been on "short wait" for about 2 months now. :rolleyes:

Lora - I'm only on for a short time, but I'll be back tomorrow to read the rest of this thread.

Hi Ladies. I just finished Legs and Glutes, through the standing quad extensions. Tomorrow starts my last week of the interesession, and I'm so glad. I hope my workload will taper off a bit; then things can be more normal during the week. Also, I'll be on mornings and my commute will be better. I need to start getting to bed earlier, though.

Diane Sue, I guess Iyengar is the name of a person, and he was quite sickly as a child and used yoga as a way to alleviate his sickness. I believe, among other things, he had scoliosis. I get the impression that extended holds are featured in Iyengar, as well as a lot of props, although we didn't do much with props the other day.

Debbie, I hope that job comes through for you. I am so with you on the job anxiety. I am trying to get a tenure-track job, but there are so few, and the ones that do exist (and are in my limited geographical area) have over 100 applicants per job. I'm getting sick of having to part time at various places in order to cobble together my living. I really wish there were more tenure track jobs available, but schools keep over-using adjuncts (part timers) because we're cheaper paid less. =(

Keep warm all of you in snowy areas!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.