Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 8/27

Today was Meso 3, Week 3, Disc 33, Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. Had a great workout, only one more week to go with STS! :eek:

Warmup:
Shoulder Barbell Front Press - 25#/15 reps
Shoulder Barbell Front Press - 35#/12 reps

Workout:
Shoulder Barbell Front Press - 50#/6 reps; 55#/6 reps
Barbell Curls - 60#/6 reps
Flat Bench Tricep Dumbbell Extensions - 25's/6 reps
***Went up to 55# with the shoulder presses because 50# was way too light. Did 4 sets of each exercise with about 30 second rest between each exercise.

Seated Lateral Raise - 13's/6 reps
Incline Curls on Stability Ball - 25's/6 reps
Double Arm Overhead Extensions - 35#/6 rpes
***Did 4 sets of each exercise with about 30 second rest between each exercise.

Seated Rear Delt Flyes - 17's/6 reps
Seated Concentration Curls - 30#/read below
Close Grip Bench Press - 70#/6 reps
***Did 4 sets of each exercise with about 30 second rest between each exercise.
***With the concentration curls, with the 3rd set I could only get to 4 reps on each side because my wrists were dislocating. Gross, I know. My wrists are really weak and I have no clue why. So that really hurt, I dropped to 25# for the last set.

No refund on the train mishap. They claim there is a blurb in their brochure about waving your arms if you want to be picked up. WHATEVER!!!

No vacation stuff today, just grocery shopping. Oh joy. Have great workouts everyone!

I got my workout in and felt exhausted so took a 10 minute nap right after my shower. Not sure where that came from. I did STS Mesocycle 1 disc 3 legs 53 minutes and 244 calories burned. I then did Lauren Brooks Kettlebell Ultimate Body Sculpt and Conditioning Smoker and finisher segments and stretch 26 minutes 177 calories, I finished off with Bosu Xplode Fuse with Keli Roberts 44 minutes 204 calories. I like the balance and flexibility of this one. I forgot to check my HR on Lauren's Kettlebell workout. I liked this portion of the workout but wondered at the women all going down into the tactical lunge and hitting the ground with their knees
icon_surprised.gif

Total workout time was 2 hr 3 minutes and calories burned was 625

Debbie, nice workout. Glad you are taking care of the wrists. Nice weights on the shoulders and biceps:D

Debbie - Yeow on the wrists :eek: That sounds painful. Great workout, all the same.

Roselyn - After taking a break from Insanity, was it more difficult/challenging - or did you feel like your stamina had stayed up there? Either way - great workout :)

Diane Sue - Amazing workout - very intense line-up. Glad you got in a short nap. Ten minute's can save my heiney sometimes ;) The knee thing in the kb workout does not sound good to me either. I've seen a few plyo moves using a power lunge (airborn switch) where you touch the knee down but they're slower and very controlled. Even then - I know there's a school of thought that says to never do that. I know what you mean though and have noticed stuff like that too (surprisingly often): form by 'professionals' in dvd's that makes me shake my head. Sometimes I think maybe they know something I don't, but other's ... there's just no way :confused: Kind of worry about someone who might be newer to exercise and fully trusting that an instructor would never steer them wrong. Impressive burn, too :D

Yesterday, I ended up doing a KP&C premix (80+ minutes, forget its full name). No Budokon practice :( - I spent a lot of time on a yard work project that involved lots of mulch and big rocks. I just didn't have any steam left by evening - my focus would have been pretty poor. STS meso 2 week 2 chest, shoulders, tris today. Maybe I'll get in some Budokon tonight or tomorrow evening. Previewed it (some more) while folding laundry last night. Think I'll just dig in and try the workout - see how I do.

Have a great day.

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.