Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 7/23

Well, today was going to be a planned rest day (which it is) because I have too many early morning things to do and I didn't want to get up at 5:30 on my day off.

But this morning when I reached for my glasses, which are up inside a cabinet that is in our headboard of our bed, I tweeked my damn neck muscle again.

Seriously, WTF???

I am so sick of this. I can't believe I have so much trouble with this area of my body. So now I have no clue if I'll be able to work back and biceps tomorrow.

Very frustrating. As soon as I start feeling really good this pain comes back again.

At least the pain isn't horrible, I just hope it doesn't get worse.

Hope you all have a great day and great workouts!

Morning Maniacs - Ugh...4:30 was brutal.....and I didn't actually get up until 10 till 5 so I had to cut my workout short. I did Jackie Warner's Fit In Your Skin (a 1/2 hour weight workout that I got free). I added some KB swings and cleans with my 20 lb kb and then I did Ravi & Ana Quick Fix Yoga for flexibility and headaches. Weight portion was 39" and I burned 230 calories. Have great workouts everyone.

More drama at work yesterday....sick of that place. Can't wait until Monday when I'm off!

Deb - sorry you are going thru stuff at work also. Sorry about your neck muscle. Hope it's better soon.

Debbie-sorry the neck is back at it again, I wish I had some advice for you. I can say the Indian Clubs have made a huge difference-they are moves that help correct for the computer hunch.....may be worth looking at.

Lora-what did you think of Jackie's workout? It sounds like the drama is neverending there, so I would say I hope it gets better, but I think it more apt to say I hope you make it through the day :)

Lori-I saw your post from last night and your "grounded" comment was funny :) You'll get to that AB workout, best to have happy feet first :D And thanks, the DH stuff is still eh.....we shall see. :(

Theresa - the workout was decent. Very reminiscent of her other workouts. It's only an intermediate workout, but I thought it was okay. She did the leg work unweighted ....and so did I today, but in the future, I will probably add weights, however, every now and then, I like to do body weight leg work so I went with it.

Off to Drama Land!!!

Happy Friday!

Debbie - OMG....what is up with that? I feel so bad. I had that neck sprain/strain for a long time, so I can relate......it sucks!:(

Lori- I read your post from last night. :D I had to pull out the "Ultimate" Fat Burning Tae Bo for this morning - quite a workout!!

Lora - Hang in there. Please tell me you are actively looking for another job.

Theresa - Sorry about hard times with DH - been there, done that - not the kicking him in the head part, but??? I hope you are doing better today.

I'm off to camp for the w/e. I have lots of exercise stuff planned and even made a grocery list of "healthy" stuff for snacks, etc. I included a few drinks in my cals for Sat., and I should still be able to stay in calorie range. :p

Have a good one!

Cheryl

My workout is finished and I have 4 grandchildren here. Need to go pick up the other two. I started with Turbo Fire Fire EZ 54 minutes 370 calories Max HR 157. This one seems easier than the EZ 45. I have done it twice now. Burned more calories the first time
icon_surprised.gif
. Then I did Chalene Extreme Burn Circuit 1 37 minutes 174 calories, I followed with Pyramid lower floor work with 5# ankle weights and my Bosu ballast ball and the stretch from both lower and upper 21 minutes 67 calories. Total workout time was 1 hr 52 minutes and calories burned 611. I am getting ready to head out to pick up one of my granddaughters.
I will check back later.

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been on for a while cuz my computer bit the dust last week. It was a low quality computer and I've had it for a while, so I knew it was coming, so fiance helped me pick out a new one and I ordered it. I have it now and it's really nice, a great improvement, but in the meantime I was borrowing his laptop and it seemed to have its own issues. Anyway, I finally found where I wrote down my password and logged on with my new computer, yay!

This week has been ok with workouts but not great. Not getting enough sleep has rather caught up with me this week and I felt really run down on tues, wed, and thurs. Not super great today, but I don't have to go in to work so that makes a big difference.

Monday I tried a pilates class for the first time, Tues and Wed I had too much work and didn't feel that well anyway, so I didn't work out. Thurs I went to yoga and when I got home did the stability ball section from Pyramid Lower Body, and today I went to yoga as well. I wish the friday morning class wasn't so early, but my idea of "early" would be sleeping in to a lot of you!

Good ... lunchtime :confused: -

Got in my p.m. workout last night. I did Amy’s intermediate kb (the one you sent me Theresa :) ) I subbed in some sprints on my bike which made the workout a little longer. Added on 10 minutes of get up and windmill practice. I definitely feel ready for something from AOS and also a heavier kb. One would hope, huh? Feel like I’ve been practicing the basics for about ever. I do still bang my forearm doing cleans sometimes :mad: - really ticks me off - at least it's not as often or as hard.

Bike intervals again today - also pulled together a circuit/interval workout: 50/10 (work/rest) including different variations of push ups and pull-ups and ab work - some leg drills in there too, but no plyos for me today (maybe by tomorrow). Tonight, I hope to get in some yoga. I think that's such an important part of a well-rounded workout schedule - and I really do like it - but it's the first thing I 'skip' :confused:

Debbie - Ugghhh. I can't believe it. Just reaching for your glasses. The way it comes and goes, I wonder if it's a pinched nerve or something? I'm just so sorry - hope it's better by tomorrow. I'd be crazy FRUSTRATED.

Diane Sue - Grand workout and great children (it works either way, doesn't it ;) ). That's a good mix and a good burn. The differences you mention in cal burn with the same workout from one time to the next - it's really kind of interesting. Guess it illustrates how many different things effect our workouts that we aren't necessarily conscious of. Anyway, your day sounds really busy. Hope you have a good one.

Cheryl - Sounds like you have a good weekend planned. :D about pulling out the ULTIMATE workouts. They are I guess, huh - Ultimately ultimate :p HAVE FUN at camp!

Hermia - HI! Good to hear from you. My computer was down with a virus not so long ago. Surprised at the effect it had on me. Glad you're up and running again. Looks to me like you're still getting quality workouts in - I think that's what counts more than 'amount' - especially when you're run down tired or really busy. How did you like the Pilates class? Anyway, really nice to see your post :) - Hope everything is going well.

Lora - I was wondering about the Jackie workout(s) too. I saw one of hers at Walmart and almost grabbed it but was hesitant for some reason. Guess I'd rather save the money for something I KNEW I really wanted than take a risk. Anyway, you're still kickin' it. I don't know how you do it. I hope your day goes quickly, if nothing else. Thank goodness you have some time off coming pretty soon :) - Hang in there.

Theresa - :( - "We shall see" is ... hard. I'm sorry. I think you mentioned that you had/have someone you can talk to - I'd hope for at least that. And too, I hope things resolve today - at least somewhat. Just be good to yourself ;) - need and deserve that always - especially right now.

Hope you all have a great Friday -

Lori

I did an STS leg workout.

Debbie, so sorry about your neck, that is the worst.

I just over a migraine so my eats are not on target today.

Well, I am doing it today, ordering Turbo Fire, and does anyone ever do Cathe's The Gauntlet and Viper? Just wanting some reviews if I should purchase that one.

Have a good day all.

Roselyn

Roselyn - I just did The Viper a couple days ago. I enjoyed it a lot this last time - truly had 'fun.' Planning to do The Gauntlet tomorrow (maybe) - my feet have been a bit achey, so I'll see how they feel. I really like them both. Challenging for sure (imo)- and well sequenced. The Viper has Muscle Endurance weight work in it as well as Imax segments and Step from C & W. It moves at a nice clip - probably one of my favorite Circuit Workouts. The Gauntlet's very good, too. It has Bootcamp clips (lower, upper and cardio) as well as Imax segments (different, I think, from those in the Viper) and just the compound weight clips from C & W. A lot of variety with 6 or 7 cycles using different segments. Imax Extreme is also on that DVD. It's really just cardio and I've only done it once. It was my least favorite for some reason. Diane Sue has The Terminator, too. Actually, I think about everyone in this check-in does, but I recall her doing it not very long ago (with add-ons :eek: ). Hopefully, she/they will see your question - I'm sure they'll respond, too. You're an Insanity graduate if I remember correctly - I think you might really like these. You might find them to be less challenging than I do but they're still put together very well and fun. Sure hope your migraine is feeling better (as in GONE). My son gets those - they're horrible. Take care.

Lori

Last edited:
Roselyn, surprisingly I burned a lot of calories with those workouts. I recently pulled out the Hardcore Extreme workouts and the Terminator to go through them and see if I felt like I had improved:) They are excellent workouts. The Viper and the Gauntlet are pretty much circuits. Imax Extreme is pretty much cardio with the light compound weight segments from Cardio and weights. I have used it a lot for a longer efficient cardio workout. Lori gave a pretty goo description except that I loved I Max Extreme.
I think you will like the Turbo Fires:) You will have to let us know what you think. I have got my HR up there with the Insanities that I have done. The disclaimer is that I have not done all of them due to vacation and foot issues. I will go back to them eventially. Maybe using both would help get around feeling like I am doing something repetitive. But I will tell you, I keep trying to talk myself out of doing Turbo Fire again tomorrow. I really should do a low impact as planned along with some yoga or something.

A couple of you mentioned migraines, and that made me curious, do you do anything in particular to treat them? My fiance gets one every now and then, and sometimes he seems to have a particular spate of them. He had one this evening when he got home from work. Fortunately, the excedrin seemed to take care of them, but sometimes nothing works. =(

Lori, I liked the pilates class well enough that I'm going to try to go again (it's hard to fit in everything I want to do!), but it didn't feel as thorough as other workouts. It was definitely core focused with a bit of lower and upper body stuff thrown in, although not a significant amount. Some of the exercises made me feel like I have a lot of work to do on improving core strength, so that makes me want to keep trying to work at least a bit of pilates in.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.