Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 7/15

Today was a mixture of step workouts. Was only planning on working out for about 45 minutes and then do some ab work but just decided to keep going with the cardio.

I started out with the step only part of Step, Jump & Pump, then did the step only premix of Imax 3, and then did the first 3 intervals from Imax 2. Had fun and by the time I got to Imax 2, I was sweating like crazy. The blasts got me good.

CARDIO STATS:
60 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
17 minutes in zone
41 minutes above zone
486 calories burned.

:eek:

Good Morning -

Great workout Debbie :D ! Once in awhile I have workouts where I want to keep going like that - it's a really good feeling. You must be doing better?

I have Imax 3 scheduled for today, too - possibly with an add-on of something else but not sure if/what yet. Yesterday, I did Amy's In The Ring. For some reason , the repetition was really bothering me. If you don't do a premix, it's about 75 minutes long and only 4 combos with 4 short med ball intervals :confused: Maybe it was just my mood - too, it was probably less of an issue when I was still learning it (the repetition). I have the combo's down now though and it just felt like it was dragging on forever. Probably have to do it in parts with something else from now on. I also did the standing work from Billy Blanks Ultimate Tae Bo Butt (snappy title) :p It was about 30 minutes long and one of his older workouts - not very cardio intensive but had some good standing/balance sequences in it.

Roselyn - What did you do for leg work?

Hope everyone's doing ok and has a great workout.

Lori

Hi Everyone!

Today was Step Blast (cardio), but I didn't finish the entire workout - AGAIN. I don't know whats up with the cardio lately, but I can't seem to get through it. Was it Debbie who was saying the same thing a week or so ago? Anyway, I think I am going to do 4 Day Split Monday-Thurs. next week to see if I can get some more cardio done. Any suggestions? I was also thinking maybe the heat is just getting to me...

Debbie - I wish you would have sent me some of that energy this morning. ;) I was just thinking about all of that cardio work and I could take a nap. :)

Lori - I like that Ultimate Tae Bo Butt workout!! I do like Billy Blanks sometimes and definitely prefer his kickbox workouts - especially the advanced ones. I also can't do anything too repetitive or boring. Once I have a step routine mastered, I usually will only put it in my rotation once a month. No wonder I have so many DVD'S!! :p

Hi to everyone else. I may not be able to post again until Monday. We are having our computers updated tomorrow morning and I'm off to camp on Friday afternoon. So, have a great weekend if I don't check back until Monday!!

Cheryl

P.S. I am up 3 lbs b/o really bad eating and not doing as much cardio over the past few weeks. I haven't been able to walk/run with my dogs in almost 2 weeks (except for weekends at camp) because the heat has been brutal. I guess I will have to really "kick it up a notch" over the next few weeks.

Workout is done and house is straightened up for company. I started with Jari's Ripped 1000 workout #1 35 minutes, then I did Slim in Six Cardio Sculpt Express 29 minutes, I then did Kettlebell Butts and Guts abs with 20# kettlebell 9 minutes and finished off with Bob Harpers Yoga Abs 16 minutes.. I don't have my workout log handy so giving a close account of my workout. Time was 89 minutes and calories burned was over 500.

Debbie-that was a very Diane Sue inspired workouts this morning :p It's nice to break it up like that b/c for some reason, it doesn't feel so long. Nice calorie burn.

Lori-I like In the Ring on days where a little less mental focus is required; I can see where you are coming from on that workout. Good luck w/ Imax 3 today :)

Cheryl-sorry about the weight gain, you will get back on track soon enough. And as far as cardio goes, it can be very subjective to many factors: ttotm, humidity, hydration levels, etc...so don't beat yourself up, just do the best you can at the moment and be happy w/ that :)

Diane Sue-nice little mix today, I hope you have a nice time w/ your family. What do you think of the slim in 6?

Yesterday involved moving for 4 hours in a heat advisory :mad: I HATE moving w/ a passion so I became very sailor-like in my speech :p I am beat up and beat down :( I think I will take the rest of the week to stretch and regroup as my trap is still sore (even w/ the massage) and I pulled a muscle in my back (Not from the move but it did me no favors). Calorie burn for moving was 100,000 :D

Cheryl - Yah - I agree about Billy. I like his older 'advanced' stuff. He was sort of the one who introduced me to 'kickboxing.' His older stuff is/was pretty good about explaining technique on basic kicks and stuff. His balance work is really good I think. I owe a lot of my balance improvements and ability to do other kickbox workouts and feel like I'm not just flailing around - to his older stuff. Also, like Theresa said - you'll get back on track. I feel like I've been out of my groove for awhile myself - I wonder if we just cycle. If we were spot on all the time, we'd be 'perfect' right? Have to go live on Mt. Olympus or something. I'd miss you guys. Sometimes cardio is harder to get into than others for me too - or for that matter, any workout. I think you're doing great - your schedule amazes me and that you keep your head on enough to accomplish as much as you do exceeds what I'd ever be able to do. No question. So there ;) .

Theresa - You ol' sea dog :p I think the rest is a good idea. Sorry about your back, and pain in the neck's gone literal and figurative for you, huh? Just be good to yourself and I hope it's nothing that lingers and you feel better. I do think your estimated cal burn for yesterday was probably on the conservative side, though ;)

Diane Sue - Nice workout. I wondered if you'd find time to fit one in today (should have known you would). I hope you have a great time with family tonight.

Roselyn - I haven't done Rhythmic Step in a long time - really like that one.

Lori

Lori - Yes, I am finally feeling much better. I don't often have those "I don't want to stop" days so I figured I may as well take advantage of it! LOL! Hope you have fun with Imax 3! :eek:

Cheryl - Sorry you have no energy lately. I went through that same thing not too long ago. Not sure why this happens. Hope you find your mojo soon!

Diane Sue - Nice workouts again! Speaking of energy, you must be the energizer bunny! LOL!

Theresa - I actually thought of Diane Sue when I was switching out my workouts this morning. Doing various workouts actually made it fun. I'll have to do that again soon. LMAO on your calorie burn from your moving. I swear, I will NEVER move out of my house. Good god, I couldn't imagine doing that at this stage of my life. I'm sorry to hear you are still having trouble with your traps and now your back. Definitely a rest is in order. Get better soon!

Roselyn - Nice workout! I haven't done that one in ages. It's always a fun one! And no, I've never heard of that protein powder. Kind of sounds dangerous. :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.