Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 4/7

Today was Triceps & Biceps and I had an excellent workout. Again, I had a hard time getting my HR up. By the 3rd exercise with triceps I jogged in place at my 10 second rests. That helped. Bicep work was no problem, my HR always spikes with bicep work.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

2 minutes rest between each exercise.

TRICEPS
Close Grip Barbell Press:
45# - 8 sets/10-8 reps
***Good weight for this exercise.

Lying Dumbbell Extensions:
15's - 8 sets/10-7 reps
***Wow, these catch up with you fast. My tri's were screaming by the last set.

Double Arm Kickbacks:
5's - 8 sets/13-10 reps
***I don't think I could have used 8's for this, these killed me. I hate kickbacks but I think this is a good exercise for this type of training. Here is where I jogged in place for my rest periods.

BICEPS
Standing Dumbbell Curls:
15's = 8 sets/9-7 reps
***Good weight for this.

EZ Preacher Curls:
25# - 8 sets/9-8 reps
***Probably could have done 30# here.

Curl Up, Reverse Downs:
10's - 8 sets/6 reps
***Probably could have used 12's for this. There is a better name for this exercise but I can't think of it. Zottman's maybe? Not sure.

Then I jumped on my treadmill for a 10 minute jog to use up an hour.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 2 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
51 minutes in zone
6 minutes above zone
446 calories burned

That is all....

Morning! I did IMAX this morning- the original is fun but OMG the blasts are so hard! I think it is because they are so simple- endless plyo jacks for the whole blast! Ack! Anyway, I burned 578 calories.

Debbie: Good workout as always! I like reading about this tabata stuff.

I will post the breakfast cookie recipe here later with the stats I figured out last night. Plus, for those of you with Muscle Chow, I made the tuna with peanut sauce for dinner last night and it was really good. The sauce was incredible- it would be terrific on veggies.

Have a great day!

This morning's workout was Tracey Staehle's Step Mix 2. I did the entire workout including the stability ball stuff and burned 600 calories. I then did Sts Ab Circuits stability ball abs and medicine ball abs. I finished off with Amy Bento's Rumble stretch. Total calories burned was 815 today.

Patti, thanks for the heads up on the recipe. Wish I could just get someone to give me the peanut butter I need so I wouldn't be tempted to eat the whole jar LOL I bought some bulgar wheat yesterday to make the Grilled salmon bulgar packets from Muscle Chow.

Hello there to all - Yesterday, I did get in Disc 19. I was impressed with my lifting...I had my doubts but I did it! Thanks goodness for the 1RMs :) Feeling it today too, as well as my abs still from Sunday night. Will get in some cardio today.

I have been reading the Muscle Chow too. Patti - I will have to check that one out. And thanks, too, for the info yesterday on the GeWearFit. I am just not sure if I would keep up with it all. The last thing I need is to go mental about food :rolleyes:

Today was Triceps & Biceps. Went heavier with somethings and had a great workout.

IMAX 2 through first Blast as 10 minute warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

Ran during 2 minute rest between each exercise.

TRICEPS
Lying Barbell Ext:
36# - 8 sets/11-8 reps
***Only up 1# here.

Bench Dips:
BW - 8 sets/17-12 reps
**Managed to stay in the air the whole time this time also increased the number of reps.

Overhead DB Ext:
20# - 8 sets/14-10 reps
***last week I dropped to 15# for last 4 sets, kept the 20 this time.

BICEPS
Standing BB Curls:
37# = 8 sets/9-7 reps
***Up 2#.

Incline DB Curls:
20's - 4 sets/9-5 reps
15's - 4 sets/9-7
***Duh, two 20's is heavier than what I was using for BB Curls, no wonder I could do it.

Hammer Curls:
15's - 8 sets/10-7
***Up 3#, used 12's last week.

Got up late, so finished with stretch from IMAX2. Workout was 1 hour and burned 477 calories.

Debbie - Your right, they are called Zottman's. I love those. Great Job!

Posting my workout now before hubby comes home.

CHEST:
Bench 65# 5/8
Incline DB Press 25's 3/8

SHOULDERS:
Arnold Presses 25's 3/5 (I didn't want to drop down to 20's to complete my reps so I didn't. lol)
Lat Raises 12's 3/8

TRICEPS
Lying Tricep Ext 12's 5/8
Pressdowns off smith machine 50# 3/8

Fighting cat who is threatening to delete everything I am typing now. Gotta go.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.