Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 4/6

Today was Chest and I had an ok workout. Could not get my HR up during the weight training part. Kind of pissed me off. I changed exercises and I'm thinking I hsould have kept the pushups in. I may add them back in next week.

Yesterday I wasn't feeling good at all. Had a horrible headache, my stomach was turning all day and I had the chills. Luckily I feel fine today. I was afraid I was coming down with something.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

2 minute rest between each exercise.

CHEST
Barbell Bench Press:
50# - 8 sets/11-9 reps
***These got hard around sets 5-8.

Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
15's - 8 sets/10-9 reps
***Right shoulder was clicking. I hate that.

Incline Dumbbell Press:
22's - 8 sets/11-9 reps
***Felt these, they were burning.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:
15's - 8 sets/10-9 reps
***My chest felt really pumped by this time. Felt great!

Then I got on my treadmill for 20 minutes. Goal was to jog 1 mile and that's what I did.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 1 minute
8 minutes below zone
42 minutes in zone
11 minutes above zone
443 clalories burned
1.25 miles travelled

That is all....

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Starting the 12 week Shape Up Program from M&F that Bionics gave me awhile back. First month is 8-10 reps with 2 min rest of 3 body parts and then 10-12 reps next month and then final month is 12-15 reps, and of course lighter weights. For now, I want to go heavy again and give this workout a try.

Today I will start off with legs and do some ab work.

Debbie,

Good workout! Calorie burns are good!

What, no one liked the thread that I started? <sniff, sniff> Kidding.

Morning maniacs!

Good weekend here- weather was decent and we took the kids to the park both days. I taught DD the concept of racing so she and I ran all over the place. She is going to be able to outrun me in a very short time.

I have been missing another leg workout every week in Meso 1 so I did the first plyo leg routine from Meso 3 yesterday. I wanted to try it and since I'm doing the squat rack routines in Meso 3 I figured why not? Wow, what a workout! Glad it was only 45 minutes because I was done!

I did STS Disc 7 this morning- chest, shoulders and biceps. I need to go back and read Cathe's check in on this one because it kicked my BUTT! The pushups were endless. I'm glad I have another crack at it next week (I think). I also did the med ball ab circuit- good and interesting stuff.

I received my GoWearFit in the mail on Saturday night so I've been enjoying playing with it. I burned 2971 calories yesterday! True it was a busy day- Target, Old Navy, grocery store, park and then a workout. But wow, that made me happy. Shana, it has an option to enter 3 days worth of food choices and just use the average instead of logging everyday. I thought you might want to know that.

Have a great day everyone!

Continuting with the Tabata Training and today was Chest. Had a great workout!

Did Imax 2 throught the first Blast as a 10 minute warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

Ran during 2 minute rest between each exercise.

CHEST
Pushups
BW - 8 sets/12-10 reps 4 Toes/4 knees

Bench press
42# - 8 sets/12-9 reps
***Just realized I did this wrong - was suppose to be on an incline.Oops! Oh well, still burned!

Dumbbell Press:
20's - 8 sets/12-9 reps

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:
16's - 8 sets/9-8 reps

Then finished with Combos 1 & 2, and stretch from Amy's Advanced Step Challenge 1.

Workout was 1:01 and burned 495 calories. Hate it when I end up like 5 calories short of 500.:confused:

Lost 1 pound!:D:D:D

Debbie
- I can' believe you did 50# for Bench Press!:eek:

Patti - Nice calorie burn for that day!

Char
- Hello!

Last edited:
Morning Ladies - how is everyone!

I had a great workout today. Debbie - Linda - great workouts!!!!!

tabata legs today and abs
5 minutes warm up T M
Leg Extensions:
35# - 8 sets / 10-9 reps this was an increase of 5 lbs
Squats:
20's - 8 sets/12-10 reps increase of 5#
Lunges:
15s – alternating – maybe could have gone heavier, but not sure. This really gets my heart rate up
Plie squats
1 25# db – 15 – 20 reps
Hamstring Curls:
25# - 10-8

Abs
Hanging knee raises – 8 sets – 10 reps
Reverse curls – 8 sets – 9 – 8 reps
Slant board crunches – 8 sets – 8 reps- dying here!
MAN DO MY ABS HURT!!
Treadmill incline walk – 35 minutes

Morning ;)

I know I have been MIA but I am back, if you guy would have me:rolleyes::rolleyes:

This morning, I did CC#7 for some reason I thought this workout was over an hour, even still, the lovely Candance kicked my butt. Yesterday, I did CC# 8 ;) I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, been gone to long.

Stats:
54:00 minutes
425 cals burned
3.98 miles travelled

Sunday
60:00 minutes
525 cals burned
4.38 miles traveled

Nice work guys:cool:

I finished my workout. I did 1.5 miles on the treadmill before doing STS disc 28 chest and back then did 1.5 more miles followed by Body Max 2 first 3 combos and Cathe's Stretch #1 which has some nice shoulder, back and chest stretches.
I was able to increase my deadlifts to 100# today and 1 arm rows to 45# so felt good about that. I liked the increase in weight and dropping 1 rep per set this week:D Total calories burned today was 820. I got shopping done for groceries yesterday. Ended up buying Muscle Milk chocolate protein powder so I didn't have to make an extra stop. Wish it didn't have the fat in it. It does taste good though and the cholestral is not to high.

Teddy, welcome back:D

Linda, sometimes I can't stand to leave that other 5-10 calories so jog and hop around the room till I have it LOL

Morning Maniacs! I need to get serious about summer...shorts and swimsuit etc., so I'm doing a Slim Series rotation this month, along with a ton of bike riding. Slim Series never lets me down. I'm also on a I-will never-diet-again and I-will-never-let-anyone/or any book -tell-me what-to-eat thing. It seems to be working for me. I just eat all the healthy foods my body craves for the most part and have my fav indulgences here and there. I'm free and happy.:cool::p

Char-
Keep me posted on that rotation. I thought it looked good.

Teddy- Missed you!

I haven't been around much either. Spring is a mad house at work and summer isn't much better. So, if you don't see me around much, don't anyone take it personal:p. I think you all are great and motivating and all that good stuff.:cool:

Linda, sometimes I can't stand to leave that other 5-10 calories so jog and hop around the room till I have it LOL

LOL! Unfortunately I had left my workout room and taken of my HRM before I checked the stats. Next time I'll be sure to check before I walk out, so I can jog around too. :p

Morning Maniacs! I need to get serious about summer...shorts and swimsuit etc., so I'm doing a Slim Series rotation this month, along with a ton of bike riding. Slim Series never lets me down. I'm also on a I-will never-diet-again and I-will-never-let-anyone/or any book -tell-me what-to-eat thing. It seems to be working for me. I just eat all the healthy foods my body craves for the most part and have my fav indulgences here and there. I'm free and happy.:cool::p
:cool:

Like Ally said, good attitude Dallys. I hate being all crazy about food, just makes me think of it even more.:confused:

Linda - You used 42# dumbbells for chest work this morning??? How the heck did you do that? Or did you mean 42# barbell? Either way, nice workout. And LOL on the calorie burn. I'm the same way sometimes.

Char - Have fun with that rotation, it's a good one!

Patti - Nice going with disc 7. This is one reason I don't want to do STS - the pushups. I mean come on, how many freakin' pushups can one person do? There are so many chest exercises we can do and she chooses pushups. Whatever.

Ally - That ab work looks brutal. The reverse crunchs - are those the ones that are in Oxygen's magazine for the triset workout we use to do? Nice job! Your abs will be sore for sure!

Teddygirl - Nice seeing you! Hope you keep posting now! We miss you! Nice going with Candace!

Diane Sue - Nice job on your weight increases! Are you almost done with the STS rotation?

Dallys - Wish I could have your train of thought. I can't do that, if I don't track everything I eat, I go overboard every time. Frustrates me to no end.

Linda - You used 42# dumbbells for chest work this morning??? How the heck did you do that? Or did you mean 42# barbell? Either way, nice workout. And LOL on the calorie burn. I'm the same way sometimes.

Oops! My mistake, it was definitely a 42# barbell. Are you kidding I am in awe of your 50#.:eek:

Debbie: 182, that's how many pushups we can do! I added them up- that doesn't even count the halfway ones she has us do, either. For the love of heaven, I was ready to die. :rolleyes: I can get over the pushups since it is only once a week, but my big complaint with STS is the speed of the reps. It's too fast for my slow self. ;)

Teddy: HI girl! I was thinking of you this morning, wondering where you were and you show up today! Weird. Glad you're back!

Dallys: You are my food hero! Good for you amiga. I tend to need to track my food too, but I wish I didn't need to do that. Maybe someday.

Diane Sue: What are you doing after STS? I like to think about my next rotation. I have CLX that I need to do- thinking that might be fun. That Insanity program comes out this summer too but that might be enough to kill me.

Charlotte: Add me to the list of the interested in that rotation- I have it too. At least, I think I have it. Ha! Anyway, keep us posted.

Hi Ally and Linda!

I made Better 'N Peanut Butter Oat Cookies last night, speaking of food. They were good- no flour and no sugar, just splenda. They were a bit sticky but no complaints- fit in nicely with my calories. If anyone wants the recipe, let me know. I figured out the stats on them, too.

Dallys - Wish I could have your train of thought. I can't do that, if I don't track everything I eat, I go overboard every time. Frustrates me to no end.

Like Ally said, good attitude Dallys. I hate being all crazy about food, just makes me think of it even more.:confused:

Dally's love that attitude!

Thanks guys. All the follow this way of eating and you'll look like this has really messed me up and I've never had an eating obsession problem in my life! I don't do well when I have to think of eating my next meal at such and such a time and hitting certain calories and macros. I eat much less and much healthier when I just follow my natural hunger and cravings. I'm also MUCH happier.:cool:

Debbie- See, we all need to figure out what works best for us and it's different for everyone. You do well (extremely well, I might add) with following a set plan and I get all weird and obsessive and I get seriously depressed and feel like a failure if I can't be perfect. I'm not going to do that to myself anymore.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Reporting back late as usual. lol. Liking the rotation. Seems short, but man, it puts a hurting on you.

2 Minute Rest inbetween sets

LEGS
Squats
150# 5 sets/8
(could have gone higher, but I feel GREAT anymore and I don't want anymore "issues")

Bulgarian Squats
80# 3/8 (yowza)

Reverse Lunges
95# 3/8
(these felt easy as pie compared to Bulgarians. lol)

Hamstring Curls
42.5# 3/8
(not sure why these are so hard for me to do, but they have always been..was gonna do deadlifts, but that would add more stress to upperback so I don't need too much stress there..scares me anymore to be in pain for months and months as tomorrow I am working shoulders so I don't need double impact on stress in same areas)

ABS
SJP

Diane Sue,

Was wondering about these protein drinks in the sippy boxes. Everytime I get muscle milk or some other kind, it just doesn't seem like there is "actually" the amount of protein it says as I just never fill full when I am done. For me, when I have drank them in the past, it just seem like I wasn't really getting in "my intake of protein". Be interesting to hear from you on this or from anyone else.

Debbie - yes the ab routine was brutal. I think I may have gone a bit wacko this morning. I am not going be able to work out tomorrow (have a crazy long work day) so I thought I would hit it hard. I kept watching that clock wondering what round I was on, not sure if I would make all 8 on each of them. Hope I can move tomorrow!

Patti - I would like the cookie recipe.

I was really bad this weekend food wise. We went to East TN to see my nephew play baseball and ate park food there. Ate out that evening (although I did get a salad and some steamed broccoli) I am sure the steak and the butter they cook it in was way overboard. So I am trying to clean it up today and hopefully will be able to have healthy meals tomorrow. I will be on the go so I will have to pack snacks.

Linda - I was curious about that weight too! I thought - good grief - I can barely do 20s!
Take care everyone

Gosh dang, I have a split second for a couple personals. :D

Dallys: You are my food hero! Good for you amiga. I tend to need to track my food too, but I wish I didn't need to do that. Maybe someday.
I must have missed you on my last post. Anyways, thanks.:cool: I know you struggle with it all too.

Liking the rotation. Seems short, but man, it puts a hurting on you.
Reverse Lunges
95# 3/8
(these felt easy as pie compared to Bulgarians. lol)
I like the sound of that!

About the reverse lunges after bulgarians...Maybe you could use Valslides on these. They cause their own torture.

Thanks you guys for the warm welcome back, :) You guys rock!
:D:cool:

(although I did get a salad and some steamed broccoli)
So not a totally bad day.;)

Ok, that split second didn't last long. Gotta run...:rolleyes:

Here you go Ally! I had a jar of that Better 'N Peanut Butter in the fridge (they also make a chocolate flavor with the same macros) that I didn't know how to use- didn't care for it that much and neither did the kids. But it works in the cookies. :cool: Also, the recipe called for a cup of whole wheat flour instead of oats- probably wouldn't make such sticky cookies then. But I was in the mood to avoid flour. :)

Better ‘N Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies

1/3 cup egg white
1 cup Splenda
1 Tbs. Brown Sugar Splenda
1 cup Better ‘N Peanut Butter (I measured and it was 334 grams)
4 Tbs. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup oats

Beat eggs, sugar and peanut butter in a bowl until combined. Stir in oats, cocoa and baking powder. It made 15 decent sized cookies.

For whole recipe:
1497 cal / 256 carbs/ 30 fat/ 64 protein / 36 fiber

Per cookie:
100 cal / 17 carbs / 2 fat / 4 protein / 2.5 fiber

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.