Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 4/5

So I still have a pinch in my neck/shoulder area. Got up this morning and decided to get on my treadmill to at least get something in. I think benching last week is what caused this pain but it is almost gone. When I sleep it seems to irritate it. I did some slow jogs because I'm trying to figure out if my treadmill will irritate my hip flexor again. So far so good. No pull or tightness this morning. But the fastest pace I did was a 15 minute mile - 4.0 mph on my treadmill. I alternated doing a slow jog for about 2 minutes then walked. About 25 minutes into doing this my neck started hurting so the impact wasn't helping. I walked for the last 15 minutes.

HR STATS:
50 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
35 minutes in zone
11 minutes above zone
361 calories burned
2.5 miles travelled

Not bad. Glad I got something in. Going to Amish Country with two of my cousins today. :cool:

Deb-glad you are back :) I hope you continue to be on the mend. Not a bad calorie burn either.

So I did Meso 1 legs Saturday and I have some violent doms (to quote Charlotte). I am having a hard time walking. I ate way too much yesterday (and WAY too much candy) and I am having a pretty low energy day today. I really think I am going to have to break up w/ sugar :( I have felt pretty good over Lent w/o it and I did not feel great yesterday after my sugar high and low. It's also ttotm soon which has a lot to do w/ the way I feel today. I may workout or I may take one more rest day.......

Hi Everyone -

Debbie - I'm glad your shoulder/neck pain is subsiding and that the treadmill felt ok. Have fun in Amish Country!

Theresa - I hear you on the sugar. Kind of a love/hate relationship. I try to stay away from it most of the time and am never really glad about the times I don't - after the fact, of course :eek: . Hope you feel better and enjoy your rest day or workout - whatever you decide :) .

Lora - Thanks for the info on the website. I will try to STAY AWAY from it, though ;) - The Katina (sp?) workout sounds pretty interesting. A little bit of everything, huh? Glad you've had some time off. Hope you're enjoying it.

Linda - I think you had a Dr's appt. today - Finger's crossed they found out something that can help you.

I'm tired of cardio. I did do yoga yesterday: Yoga Zone Power Yoga with Lisa Bennett. It doesn't move too fast and was about right. For some reason, the Pigeon Pose felt especially good (did not want to stop and move on from there :confused: ). I suppose I'll do some kickbox today. I need something pretty low impact. I'm still in my recovery week and miss weight training. However, I've no idea what I'm going to do when I start up again. And, nothing really sounds "good" today (as far as cardio). Maybe I will just lay around in the Pigeon Pose for a very long time. Oh! I did get some kettlebell's yesterday. I was just looking to see if Wal-Mart had any. They did AND they were marked down (fitness products really don't fly off the shelves in this community). Next thing I knew ... :rolleyes: ... I need time to practice and get a handle on proper technique with the basics before I dive into a workout, though. I got two 15 lb. and one 20 lb. bell(s). I'll see how those work and go from there.

Anyway, hope you all are having a great day!

Lori

Debbie - Glad to hear the neck is feeling better, but sorry to hear it's not completely healed yet. Nice job doing something!

Theresa - I am so with you on the sugar. Was doing well then feel off the wagon with the Easter candy. Boy the sugar highs & lows really suck. I know you are secretly loving the DOMS.

Lori - WooHoo! on the kettlebells. I would love to get back to mine.

I was feeling completely cardio'd out this morning. There was nothing that was remotely tempting. (well, maybe my four Kickbox dvd's that I haven't been able to do:(:(:() And I couldn't do weights because of my hand AND my shoulder. I am sick of bands. So I went to my workout room and had a epiphany. P90X Legs & Back minus the back. Walked away from that with really sore legs.:D:D

The hand doctor released me from my brace this morning.:D:D:D:D:D:D I've been taking the Celebrex and have been really kind to my shoulder, so it's feeling pretty good. And would like to continue resting the shoulder for the week.

Any one have any ideas on how to work the Chest & the Back without really involving the shoulder?

Linda - :D :D :D on the new freedom from the brace! Glad you're doing better overall, too. At Bodybuilding dot com website, part of their site is dedicated just to videos - trainers and stuff like that. If you go there and do a search for Charles Glass (Get Cut With Glass) and then check out the episode that focuses on chest - and back - you might find some helpful modifications that are shoulder friendly. In particular, he shows a variation of a dumb bell bench press with your hands holding the bells at more of a 45% angle that takes a lot of the front delt out of the lift. There are some other things too probably, but that one comes to mind. I've really come to like him. He seems really thoughtful and unique in the application of his knowledge about body mechanics and really big on training to prevent injury. Don't know if any of his stuff will work for you, but thought I'd throw it out there :) .

Lori - Thank you, I will go check that out. The only thing I could come up with for Chest was a floor press, but you can only do so many of those.:p

Workout this morning was Shock Cardio Circuit Blast 44 minutes 400 calories and then Jari's Bodyrock weights and abs 39 minutes with w/up and stretch 263 calories. Total workout was 83 minutes and calories burned was 663. DH and I had some errands to run and went to lunch before I took him to the airport. Afterward I went to pick up some Kale and Leeks along with the new clean eating magazine. I also stopped at Academy Sports and picked up the Amazing Hoops. They had the set with the 3 lb water weighted padded large hoop, two smaller arm hoops and dvd. I thought this would be another fun crosstrainer and non impact:D My foot is still hurting from the massage I had while on vacation. Improved though.

Lori, I am sure you will enjoy the kettlebells. Do you have any workouts to learn from. You can get lots of form pointers at Art of Strength on the minute of strength segments.

Linda, good for you coming up with a workout that you can do. That is great that the doctor released you from the hand brace. With careful planning I am sure you will be back to your workouts like before soon.

Debbie, at least you got something in. I think hills on the treadmill bother my hip flexors more than keeping it flat. Sorry your neck is still bothering you.

Theresa, I hear you on the sugar. I was so good my whole vacation rasting lots of jerk chicken and veggies, but after I got home dh bought chips and then the Easter Candy, home made brownies and reeses ice cream and now I feel like I am paying for it. I made my dd take the rest of the chips home last night. Anyway I went shopping for some things and will be back on track again. We went to our local restaurant fo lunch and I had steamed veggies and steamed rice. Their specialty is chinese food.

Hi everyone,

I did Patrick Goudeau's 24/7 this morning and burned 670 calories in 75". I added some extra sets of weights to the end. This was tough. I also did the Golf Segment off of Jill Miller's Post Athletic Stretch (my fave so far).

Lori - congrats on the Kettlebells. They are fun and functional and make you feel like a bad A#@!! Videofitness is good because you learn about a variety of instructors from women that are all different levels. They turned me on to Barre workouts, walking workouts, etc.

Deb - I think the new Pillow sounds more and more like a good idea since you are waking up with the pain. Sorry you are having issues.

I can't remember if I posted here yesterday or not, but my Godfather (Uncle - who walked me down the aisle on my wedding day) died yesterday. It was a weird Easter and I ate 2 pieces of ice cream cake, my BAD!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.