Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 4/26

Today was cardio and I did Body Max 2 Cardio Blast Premix. I have never done this workout, the only thing I've ever done is the ab section of this one. LOVED IT! OMG! The step sections were so fun and the blasts at the end were even fun. Had a blast doing this and learned it very easily. I'll definitely be doing this one again.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 9 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
15 minutes in zone
48 minutes above zone
552 calories burned

Was hoping for a 600 calorie burn but no such luck. Happy with 552!

Debbie-BM2 is great, I do think combo 1 goes on for awhile but it is still good. Glad you had a good workout. I'd be happy w/ 552 also :)

Friday and Saturday were a wash, I did nothing workout related. Yesterday was power yoga for flexibility and I needed it. My body was achy and sore to the touch (not sure why that happens but it is often-especially weekends). Not sure what will be on the agenda today. I think maybe a kb workout of muscle max.

Wow, my right forearm is killing me from all the scooping of water I did on Friday!

Debbie - Body Max 2 cardio is a lot of fun. Nice job!

Theresa
- I really need to spend more time stretching! Nice!

This morning I did Meso 2 Disc 14 Triset Legs. Boy I am just all over the place right now! Anyway, I kept the weight light nothing over 40# for a couple of reasons. One still babying the frozen SI joint, babying the forearm and still seeing what lighter or no weights does for my legs. I did howevert take all the moves deep and was again impressed at the burn I had going with such light weights.

Good Morning ~

Debbie - That's a great cal burn. I'd be happy with it, too! :) I have Cardio Fusion, which has the blasts from Body Max 2. I used that workout for cardio so much when I first got it that I sort of burned out on it. It's been awhile, though. May take it out again soon.

Theresa - I've come really close to not working out the past few days. Been having a VERY hard time gettting started. Not sure what that's about. I keep scheduling yoga, then skipping it, too. Did it help with your achy-ness (acheyness ? :confused: Ugghh. Help me spell that :eek: ). Have a good workout today :) .

Linda - Aside from the forearm, is your shoulder ok today? I wondered about you after all you did to "baby it" on Friday ;) . Hope it's ok. Tri-sets are Great.

Lora - I have had pets that I was every bit as close to as people in my life, so I know what you mean. They really are family. Hard to imagine life without them. It would be emptier somehow, I think. You have some very unique kids :D .

I did 30/30 Hiit, then Slow and Heavy back combined with some of the back work from Amy's Slow Mo yesterday. In the evening I did about 45 minutes ss cardio. Today, cardio. I have a metabolic circuit (to coin a trendy phrase) I've done a couple times. It's just bodyweight exercises mostly, with some bike sprints and kettlebell practice in there. Seems to take about 45 minutes. I've been reading about complexes and EDT (escalated density training). Found a few EDT clips on youtube and I'm thinking about trying that for a few workouts, then going through Slow and Heavy one more time.

Have a great day, everyone -

Lori

Linda-nice work on the legs, and you really are a machine w/ the home stuff :p

Lori-The achiness (I have the hardest time w/ the spelling also....) pretty much disappeared after the yoga, it was weird :confused: Especially b/c I did not work out Friday or Saturday and really did not go crazy last week. Nice work yesterday and good luck on the metabolic circuit :) It really does sound fancy

Lori - Nice workouts! BTW, what is EDT? How's the studying? I must admit I am finding hard to find the time, it's going to come down to this all or nothing crunch for me.
As long as I keep busy the shoulder seems fine, it's when I stop that I realize it's aching. Guess that means I should just keep moving.:p

Happy Monday to all!!

I just wanted to drop in and say "hi". I had a crazy busy weekend with lots of activity, and I even managed to get in my "regularly scheduled" workouts!
I did BM2 yesterday ('cause I'm a day ahead on the rotation:)). Today was MI and abs - wow!! I was really tired this morning, but I got through it!!

I will try to post to everyone later today. Have a good one!

Cheryl :cool:

This morning I did Tabata Chest and Abs from Muscle & Fitness adding on a 10 minutes w/up. Workout was 53 minutes and I burned 266 calories. Then I did Insane Abs 34 minutes 175 calories(this is usually more than the must be t he new HR monitor), I then did Amy's Hi/Lo Knockout Knock out premix which is the kickbox moves and abs along with combo 3&$ combined segment 44 minutes, 232 calories Max HR 151, I finished off with Yoga Shatki shoulder opener, lunge, and supine segments 17 minutes 34 calories. Total calories today were 707
Push ups BW
incline bench press Bowflex 40# each hand 8 sets of 20 work//10 rest
flat bench press Bowflex 40# each hand
flys Bowflex 40# each hand
Instead of Reverse Crunch I did hanging knee raises with 5# ankle weights (this was tough)
Bowflex Crunches 50# each hand

Last edited:
Today was BM2 cardio blast, loving the rotation Debbie (thanks for the rotation by the way), do you think you will be putting another one together? I know, I know you hated to hear that but another one for summer would be awesome!!!

Theresa - BM2 was a lot of fun. Yes, combo 1 did go on for quite a bit but since it was new to me I didn't mind. Very fun and that premix was put together very well. Glad you had a relaxing weekend and I wish I could tell you why you are getting so sore. I get that way too and I have no clue why. Sometimes I think I have fibromyalgia.

Linda - Nice job with your leg workout. I've been going light with my leg workouts too and being able to concentrate on form really gives me a great burn. I'm still sore from Thursday's STS leg workout. Did you get your pool moved? Why are you moving it?

Lori - Nice job on your workouts! You really are kicking it up! How did your eating go this weekend? Mine was ok but not great. :confused:

Cheryl - Nice job on your workouts. I'm looking forward to ME tomorrow. I bet I haven't done that workout since 2005. :eek:

Diane Sue - What HRM do you have now? Did you get another one? Nice workout!

Roselyn - Glad you are enjoying the rotation and I am going to do a followup to this. I want to do another 4 weeks of endurance so I will be making up another rotation. I'll let you know when I post it.

Hi Everyone -

I did Petra Kolber's new Strength Training DVD this AM. I thought it would be easy, but it moved slow and I lifted as heavy as possible (added ankle weights, etc) and used good form. I got a decent little workout. Workout was 75" and I burned 618 calories....max HR was 156, but it averaged around 120-1...30 and dropped lower during some floor work. I actually really enjoyed this workout ....and that's saying a lot lately. I also did a 20 minute Mental Clarity yoga segment and then Kundalini off of Quick Fix for Anxiety and Depression (very weird....but strangely they helped). I had a small yoga buzz at the end.

Debbie-the only thing I can even attribute the extreme soreness to is dehydration. The leg pains seems to happen more on the weekends (or when I do too much HIIT), and I tend to drink less water on the weekends. I am going to the doc on Friday to see what is going on w/ me, b/c I do not feel like myself-so either it's mental or something is wrong physically. I hope they can help me b/c I feel like I am going crazy lately :(

Lora-Yay, that does sound like a good workout, and quite a nice little calorie burn too. The quick fix DVd is on my wish list :)

Debbie, here is a link to the HR monitor I have now. I think it will take a bit for it to adjust itself to my fitness level. I did the Fit Test for the V02 Max, and have done the own zone 3 times. It has a lot of great features. I am thinking about getting the flow link so I can use it with the computer too. You can keep track of your weight etc.. If I program it right after the fit test for my goals it will track my workouts and give me feedback. Also figures in a rest week and I guess it will bug you if you don't take a rest week LOL When I first did it it gave me a goal of burning 1900 calories per week with exercises and working out 5 days a week. I didn't want to do it so stopped the program. I finally took the manual with me to the airport and read it over to become a little more familiar with how it works. It has great reviews.
http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Womens-...TF8&coliid=I1Q38PFERIIP4P&colid=1YWOTF69BDZ1E

I forgot to mention you can also get a footpod that works with it and tracks speed and distance.

Last edited:
Theresa - I hope you find some answers. can't imagine what you must be going through to have your whole body ache.

Debbie - I am moving the pool for a few reasons. All I've had are those easy set pools and as my kids get bigger I keep up grading the pools. The first one was 12' across so I put it in my old garden area, because I gave up on gardening (too many bugs & diseases). In that same area was an itty bitty japanese maple tree and behind the fence two huge oak trees whose branches reach over the pool area. Then went to a 15' pool still all okay, except the oak trees dropping everything in the pool. Now last summer I upgraded the pool again thinking I was replacing it with the same size pool just deeper and studier (metal frame) only to find out it's three feet bigger than my old one. So it barely fits in the fence area, the maple tree is now pretty big and with a bigger pool they don't fit together and I am sick & tired of fighting the oak trees and all their cr$$ they drop in the pool. So we decided the best thing was to relocate the whole thing. Pools down, fence is down, but before I can put it back up I have to relocate a flower bed from the pools future location to it's old location. Then the area will need to be leveled in order to put the pool back up.:confused: Boy I just keep writing you novels!:p:p:p

Debbie, that is a really fun premix. Body Max 2 is a fun workout as is or any of the premixes. Great calorie burn.

Lori, nice workout. So what does escalated density training do for you? Does it build bone density?? I guess I haven't heard of that one or just passed it over in reading.

Linda, sorry you are feeling the pain. Does the doctor know you are moving pools and scooping water??:) Nice job on the leg workout. It is amazing the different type of workout that you get with lighter weights. I find I can go deeper and really concentrate on the muscle contraction more. No patials because I am going too heavy. You know what I mean?

Theresa, if you do not feel right I think a doctor's visit is in order.

Cheryl, glad you were able to pop in and post:D

Theresa - I hope you can find something out with your doctor as well. Sounds like something hormonal is going on. Keep us updated.

Diane Sue - Cool HRM. That thing does a lot of stuff. I'm not too fond of Polars, but that one looks pretty awesome. Good luck with it!

Lora - Glad the yoga buzzed you, that's always a good thing! :)

Linda - Holy smokes girl! :eek: I don't envy all the work you have ahead of you, that's for sure. The happiest day of my life was when we took down our pool. LOL! I hated that thing and all the upkeep. Wasn't worth it to me.

Just wanted to stop in again and chat with everyone!!

Debbie - That would be AWESOME if you did a follow-up rotation!!!:D I have enjoyed this one so much and have had some really good results already!! If I could just get my eating under control I'm sure it would be even better! Good luck with ME tomorrow - it's a killer - and I'm sure I will be feeling it later today and tomorrow. Have a great day!!

Linda - Good luck with the pool.....my sister and brother-in-law had to move a pool last year and believe me it was no fun!! We all helped though and it went well. Good work on the leg workout!

Theresa - I felt like that a few weeks ago...I thought I had the flu or something, but I just did some good Yoga for a few days and got some sleep and it seemed to help. :)

Lori - I had to look online to find all of the workout jargain you were talking about - LOL:eek: Please give some more details - it really sounds good - albeit very difficult!!

Diane Sue - Unbelievable workout - as usual!! Did you get some time to relax over the weekend?

I hope I didn't miss anyone....sorry and hello if I did. ;) I am glad to have our camp set up and really worked hard on Friday and Saturday. I just love being in the mountains - hiking, biking, fishing, kayaking, boating - you name it!! I also loved having some QT with my DH and my two Aussies - they love the swimming and hiking too!!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Cheryl

My "fancy" workout is done :p - your word made me laugh, Theresa. I am going to apologize for all the jargon. Really, I hesitate to use all those terms and usually don't. Sometimes it's just hard (or lengthy) to explain the stuff I run across. So I call it what they do. Sometimes, I just don't KNOW what I'm doing and it's nice to have a mystifying word as a placeholder ;) . Escalating Density Training just looked interesting to me. Simple in concept but tough to do :eek: It's a hypertrophy (and conditioning/cardio too, by the looks of it) method that takes two or three exercises and you just cycle through them as non-stop as you can for fifteen or twenty minutes.
Here's one example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmeWR6HMfpI

I've seen slightly different variations/descriptions. I'm just really curious about it. If you've ever visited Bodyrock TV, Zuzana does some workouts with this format. She just skips the EDT title. I think she calls it the "Drag Me To Hell" workout. Yes, really. Sounds like great fun, huh?

Linda - The studying is not what it should be. I do ok for awhile but ... I don't know. Sometimes it feels like I catch up and do well in one area of my life and then something else gets neglected :confused: . Ever heard that expression about "keeping all your plates spinning?" I'm not so good at that. Probably better just only use paper plates :p . I'm glad you asked, though. It's been bothering me (that I'm not spending more time on it). I like to study and all - sort of what you said - once I get started and on a role. Also, your solution to your shoulder hurting (just keep moving), that makes sense to me (for what that's worth [?]). I kinda worry about you, though. I can't remember when you see the Dr. again.

Cheryl - Sounds like you are very busy lately. What is the summer camp you're involved in (if you don't mind my asking).

Theresa - Glad you're going to the Doc. I think I've been there -- the feeling awful and not sure if its physical or emotional or what??!!! It's tough. I hope you can go easy on yourself until you get through this. The achiness (thanks for being my spellcheck) does sound weird. You're in my prayers, though. :)

Debbie - Thanks! :D You seem to be kickin' it, too! Hope that means you're feeling better. How is your mom doing?

Diane Sue - Incredible workout! Have you enjoyed the Tabata? Your heart rate monitor sounds like it can do more than some people I know :eek: ! Interesting you should mention bone density. After DS was born, I had a scan and my bones were almost twice my age. I was thirty and my scan showed the bones of a fifty five year old. My health wasn't so great. That was a big part of how I got more serious about resistance training (and being "healthy"). I'd heard it might help and I really didn't want to end up crippled with osteoporosis someday. And it has helped my bones. A lot. They've actually improved without any pharmaceuticals. Yet another reason to keep at it, I suppose :D.

Lora - Great workout, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! For how hard you work, you should get to do that (way more often than it sounds like you've been able to lately). When are your new workouts supposed to arrive?

Roselyn - Hi. Always good to read your posts.

Hope I didn't miss anyone. I'm a little distracted (have to go pick up DS about two minutes ago :confused: . Have a good evening everyone!

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.