Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 4/15

Today was legs and I did Meso #2, Disc 20, Legs which is one of the tri-set workouts. Had a great workout and even though I went really light with the weights, I got a great burn and was sweating like crazy. Should have worn my HRM, I bet I burned about 300 calories if not more.

Debbie-I think trisets are my fave as well, the pace is fantastic; and she doesn't seem to yap quite as much as she does in Meso 1 (I noticed that a lot yesterday). Good work :p

Hermia-glad you got your workout in early. Some days they can loom quite a bit :)

Yesterday was total body weights. I did Meso 1 csb-3 rounds, Meso 1 bt-4 rounds, and Meso 2 trisets-1 triset. I did not wear hr monitor but I think I worked out around 45 min. No cardio after either b/c I was beat. ;) Today is cardio and I don't know what I want to do yet.

ttyl

Good morning ~

Tri-sets are a favorite of mine, too. The first time I went through STS, I think they helped me with my stamina too. Cardio today. Intervals with some steady state tacked on the end. I'll either structure the intervals as Tabata or 25/15 (work/rest) straight through.

Theresa - Thank you very much for your input and the links on the pistols :D . Very much appreciated. Have fun with cardio.

Hi to everyone else. Have a good morning!

Lori

Today I started my workout with Shock cardio core circuit and repeated round 1 58 minutes and burned 438 calories, Max HR was 150. Still don't know what gives with the HR because I am usually in the 160's to 170 with this one. Then I did Tabata workout 4 Back 23 minutes and burned 139 calories Max HR 141. I had to take the girls to school so when I came home I did workout 5 triceps, biceps and forearms 44 minutes and burned 247 calories Max HR was 151. I finished with Flexible Warrior yoga swim segment 10 minutes 38 calories. I think every muscle I have has doms in them. Today's workout went well with the Tabata. I generally hit the 6th round and am having to push to finish those last 3 rounds. Workout time today was 2 hr 15 minutes and total calories burned was 862. I want to do kettlebells Saturday so wanted a break from the weights other than abs tomorrow. My internet keeps going down. It is so annoying.

Todays Tabata workout went like this all exercises are 8 sets 20 sec work 10 sec rest
Workout 4 back(did abs yesterday)
bentover rows 2 sets with 60# barbells, 6 sets with 50#
lat pulldowns Bowflex 8sets at 160# resistance
seated rows Bowflex 1 set with 60 # each hand, 7 sets with 80# each hand
straight arm pulldowns Bowflex 8 sets at 100#
Triceps
lying tricep extension Bowflex 1 set 40# ea hand, 7 sets 50# ea hand
tricep pressdown Bowflex 1 set 60# 7 sets 80#
overhead cable extension Bowflex 40# each hand 8 sets
Biceps
Barbell Curls 1 set 45# 7 sets 40#
incline dumbbell curls 8 sets 15# dumbbells
hammer curls 8 sets 20# dumbbells alternating
Forearms
wrist curl 8 sets 12# dumbbells
reverse wrist curl 8 sets 5# dumbbells

Yesterday's Tabata workout #3
shoulders
overhead press Bowflex 8 sets 50# each hand
upright row 8 sets 45# barbell
lateral raise 1 set 15# dumbbells, 7 sets 12# dumbbells
reverse flys 8 sets 12# dumbbells

Workout #4
abs
alternating oblique crunch wearing my 2# weighted gloves 8 sets
cable crunch Bowflex 160# 8 sets

Debbie - Nice workout, I really like the tri-set ones.

Theresa - Nice Mix yesterday.

Hermia - I haven't done Core Max in ages!

Lori - Good Luck on the intervals.

I did Step Moves this morning and with a stuffed up head all the turns made me dizzy.:confused: But I survived! Went grocery shopping this mornimng and shoulder is aching, not as bad as usual but still aching.:(

Happy Thursday Everyone!!

Wow...you really all are getting in some SERIOUS workouts!! I am changing up my workout days, but still following the "Get ready for summer 2010". Today I did cardio 60 min and then 30 min walk/jog, which burned about 600 cals. I am finally starting to drop some weight - slow but sure, but I really think I will have a few glasses of wine this evening!!

Have a great day!!

Cheryl :)

Theresa - Yes, trisets really get your HR up. I like these because you kind of get the cardio factor in as well. And the workouts seem to fly by. Nice workout yesterday!

Lori - Have a great workout. You're doing Tabata too? I loved that rotation when I did it.

Diane Sue - Please take this as it's intended, with respect and the fact that I worry about you. 2 hrs. and 15 min.? Why are you working out so long every day? You're going to injure yourself badly if you keep working out this way. Please don't be offended by this, but I just don't understand why you feel the need to workout so much. Your body fat has got to be around 12%, right? 15% is pushing it for women and normal body fat range is somewhere between 23-28% I think, any lower then 15% and you risk putting your body through a lot of turmoil. Just please think about what I'm saying, I know I can't make you do something you don't want to do. All I know is I speak from experience. Been there, done that. Working out that much got me no where and I was always in pain. Just be careful. Again, said with respect and love.

Linda - Sorry you are all stuffed up again. How frustrating. And I sure hope you find something out about your shoulder. I'm about ready to go to the doctors about my neck/shoulder because it still hurts. :(

Cheryl - Nice workout! Glad you are seeing results already! I hope I do when I get on the scale on Saturday.

Debbie - Sorry that your neck still feels bad enough for you to consider the doctor. Since you are like me I know it has to be bad for you to think about going. Great job getting your workouts in.

Hi ladies. Today was yoga class for me. It was a much more active class than the one the other day.
Hope all you injured ones get some rest and relief!
Oh, I ordered the one gym style I've been missing...back, bis and shoulders I think it is. Looking forward to getting it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.