Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 4/14

Today was cardio and even though I've been in a slump with cardio I have actually been looking forward to doing the workouts with this new rotation. I guess that's a good sign. I'm still not happy doing cardio but at least I don't dread it anymore. Hope it lasts.

I did Tracey's Cardio Kickbox Challenge today and had a really good workout. Neck/shoulder still feels weird, definitely not 100% yet. Some of the punches were bothering it so I couldn't give it my all with the upper body work. But I gave it my all with the lower body work. Really felt my glutes and outer thighs working today.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 1 minute total
7 minutes below zone
20 minutes in zone
35 minutes above zone
479 calories burned

Debbie-glad the cardio isn't dreadful :p Nice calorie burn

I was not feeling up to par yesterday, and I'm pretty sure it has to do w/ allergies. I got 30 min of Kickbox Surge-combos only, and I was lucky to get that much done. I also watched my friend's kids yesterday, and stayed up WAY later than normal. I am pretty much still asleep :confused: Weights are on the docket for today.....

Morning Maniacs -

this morning I did Body By Jake - Rock Hard Body. Added my own w/u and c/d stretch. Workout was 60" and I burned 484 (estimate....forgot to write it down). Working 11-8 today. I'm stressed....as I only had one piddly sale yeterday and I was there 10 hours!

Deb - sorry your neck is still not better.

Theresa - hang in there with the allergies. The change in seasons is rough for me too with my asthma and sinus problems. It will get better!

Good Morning Ladies!

Today was Step Blast, which I haven't done in a while. It didn't seem as difficult as I remembered, maybe because I have been doing the more intense SC workouts lately. I managed to avoid eating everything in the house last night, which was good and hopefully will keep the cals in check today as well.

Debbie - My neck was bothering me a few weeks ago. I used a heated rice thingy for a few days and it really seemed to help. Maybe try some moist heat?

Theresa - I hope the allergy stuff gets better soon! I live the northeast and EVERYTHING has been blooming over the past few weeks. It has been a pain with the watery eye, stuffy nose, sinus headache stuff for the past 2 weeks - Yuk.

Have a great day!

Cheryl

Last edited:
Good Morning -

Cardio for me today, too. I'm thinking about the original Imax.

Debbie - Glad cardio went ok ... "dangit" on your neck stil bothering you, though. I keep hearing about that workout. It's another one I "NEED :rolleyes: ."

Theresa - I hear you on the not being awake. Allergies aren't bothering me right now, but I think sometimes they can make you feel worse than actually being sick. Have fun with weights today.

Lora - Do you like Body By Jake? You really DO have every workout ever made don't you ;) ?!! Sorry your day was tough yesterday. Ten hours is a LONG day for one sale. Hope it's better today.

Diane Sue - I think you mentioned your dh is coming home this weekend? I was happy to hear that :) .

Thanks for your responses yesterday, too. I'm gonna work on taking a look at some things over the next couple days. Only about 6 weeks until ds is out for summer break :eek: and yikes. Things can really get chaotic then. I'm grateful for the time I have now to try and sort some things out. Right now, I'm gonna go study for awhile before I get to work.

Have a good morning!

Lori

Cheryl-nice workout today. Yeah, everything is blooming here too, but I guess the tree pollen is off the charts

Lora-nice workout. Hoping for better sales today :)

Lori-have fun w/ the cardio today. I'm sure you will get inspired soon ;)

Theresa - I've been wanting to ask your opinion on pistol squats. I noticed they were in your TRX (I think [?]) workout a few days ago. The first time I saw them I thought "No way." They just looked like they could be trouble for the knees. Still, I've been curious about them and read some articles on how to properly do them, etc. Kettlebell swings looked scary to me the first time I saw them too, but I didn't understand the mechanics behind them. I don't have knee issues and I'm not that tall (just a hair shy of 5'7) but my legs are really disproportionately LONG (long levers). I'm wondering if that could factor into their safety. At this point, I suspect if I could immediately do them right, without the learning curve, they might be ok. I'm more afraid of blowing them out while "practicing." So, I was curious what your thoughts were about them or if you've had any knee (or other) problems while doing them.

TIA :D

Lori

Theresa - I'm still having allergy problems too, which is weird for me. Gotta love spring, though. Good job with your workout!

Lora - Great job on your workout, I like the name of it! :D

Cheryl - Nice job with Step Blast!! I'm glad you joined our check in! Hope you enjoy the rotation. I'm looking forward to Saturday's workout.

Lori - Yes, you need to get CKBC. It is so fun and so worth the money!

Hi to Linda, Diane Sue and Char!

Head is all stuff up again! Yippee! This morning I did 4DS Bicep & Triceps subbing the dips with floor close grip press. In hind site not so sure it was the best thing to do for my shoulder. The doc just said no overhead shoulder moves or chest press, but I don't know you think working the long head of your bicep wouldn't be such a great idea either.

Imax is done. Surprised to say this, but I really had fun doing it today. I didn't really feel that way about it the first couple times. At all.

Debbie - Ok. You talked me into it (how hard was that ;) ??!!! ).

Linda - Sorry you're sick again. Do you think it could be allergies? Good workout but when I read what you did, I kinda cringed. It's not my place to say "Be careful (although maybe I just did anyway :eek: - the mom in me - sorry ...)." I gather it felt ok while you were working out, though. Hope that's a sign that the steroid shot did the trick.

Cheryl - Step Blast is really fun. I did it so much when I first got it that I burned out on it. It's been awhile though - may have to dig it out again.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon!

Lori

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfFZMZf9pBw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8NMCersAOU

Lori-
Here are a few you tube videos that display proper form and progression w/ pistols. They are much easier w/ the TRX, but if you don't have one just follow the video. Do not use any weight to start and use a chair to get the mechanics right. I still cannot go all the way to the ground, but I go as far as my body will let me. Some days I can feel it tweek a bit and I back off. I am 5'9" and I have fairly long legs too. It's doable just take your time.

Linda-sorry you are still fighting the crud :( Have you noticed your shoulder as much since the shot?

I was posting my workout this morning and the internet went down. Took them till just awhile ago to get it up and running.

I got my workout in and took the girls to school. For some reason I am just not able to get my HR up or else it is this HR monitor. I get the new one tomorrow.
I did the w/up of MMA Fusion, then Tabata workout 3 shoulders and traps and the abs from Tabata workout 4. I will do Back from workout 4 tomorrow or add it to workout 5 but I think workout 5 will be longer as it is 8 exercises instread of the 6 the rest are. I then did 10 minute solution 5 day get fit Abs 10 minutes 39 calories max HR was 142, and finished MMA Fusion. I added on 15 minutes with my Amazing Hoops and burned 100 calories Max HR 135.
MMA Fusion was 49 minutes and I burned 284 calories Max HR was 146. The Tabata work was 44 minutes and I burned 195 calories. I finished with 10 minutes 5 day Get Fit Power Yoga 10 minutes and burned 35 calories. Workout was 2 hrs 8 minutes and I burned 653 calories.
I am feeling some doms from this tabata workout. Wish I was burning more calories though.
Moved furniture around, cleaned the back windows, and did weeding and putting out mulch as well as planting some tomatoes yesterday. Still so much spring stuff to do.

Linda-sorry you are still fighting the crud :( Have you noticed your shoulder as much since the shot?

Theresa
- No, it aches on occasion but not like it was. The real test will come tomorrow with grocery shopping. I usual walk out of there pretty miserable.

I weighed in tonight and only lost .4 for a total of 3.8 in 4 weeks. Someone please tell me I am doing okay, before I lose it.:( I am happy I am down I just wish it was going faster.:mad:

Last edited:
Linda-that is a lb a week....that's good :) You are losing and keeping it steady. I remember not too long ago, you were not losing ANY weight, so you are doing something right. Keep it up :p

Linda-that is a lb a week....that's good :) You are losing and keeping it steady. I remember not too long ago, you were not losing ANY weight, so you are doing something right. Keep it up :p

That's what I keep telling myself, but needed someone else to tell me, so I didn't feel like I was just deluding myself.:p

Yeah, a pound a week is good...nice and steady!

Thought I'd check in before starting dinner, although I actually finished my workout pretty early (early for me). I went to yoga in the morning. It was some nice stretching, but it was more of an active rest. It was an anusara yoga class, which as far as I can tell, seems to not use vinyasas or the more athletic aspects of yoga. I was still sweating a bit with some of the balance work, though, just cuz I was focusing so hard, lol.
When I got home, I did the stability ball workout from Core Max.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.