Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 4/12

Today I start the new rotation I made up this past weekend.

Cardio today was the step only premix from Cardio & Weights and the step only premix from Step, Jump & Pump. Had a lot of fun with this, felt great to sweat. My HR was up there throughout the entire workout. Highest it got was 162 bpm.

Neck/shoulder still has a twinge in it, believe it or not. Once I started doing the cardio it eased up quite a bit. Maybe it just needs to be move around now?

CARDIO STATS:
1 hr. 3 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
9 minutes in zone
50 minutes above zone
527 calories burned

Really blasted some calories on my first day. I'm really hoping this rotation gives me some results. :D

No workouts over the weekend, and my eats were horrid. TTOTM hit hard AGAIN :mad: :mad: I really feel resolved to get this right, but I seem to saboutage myself every time. Since I did so well w/ Lent, I decided to give up things for God again. I think I will do one more month w/ the STS and then I may move on to a straight kettlebell rotation. AOs had a wrap up of the rotations a girl was following, and she went from 21 to 14 % body fat in ONE MONTH :eek:

Debbie-I am going to send you good healthy vibes every day :) Nice burn today. Glad to have you back

theresa

Thanks again Debbie for this AWESOME rotation. I also started today :D even though I was going to finish the last one - just couldn't wait!!

I KNOW this rotation will give some serious results - it looks difficult - LOL.

I just hope I can keep my calories in range over the next few weeks. I have been eating like I have a tapeworm lately!:confused:

Have a great day everyone!!

Cheryl

Hi Everyone,

This morning I slept in...and then I did Lauren Brook's newest Kettlebell workout with my 15 & 20 lb bells. I added 3 sets of pushups, crush-curls, hot potatoes and one set of around the body passes. Workout was 70" and I burned 537 calories. Max HR was 150. I also did Yoga Quickfix with Jill Miller, n...eck, shoulders, hips, low back and Dr. Yoga House Call - Flexibility segment. My pain is bad again. Weather keeps changing. Tomorrow will be a forced day off, as I have a doc appt at 8:00 am and then I work 12-9. Will be a long one .....I'm stressed about it!

Deb - cardio always helps my pain. I think it's cuz it really gets the blood pumping thru your system....therefore alleviated some pain.

Theresa - where's the AOS rotation you mention?

Hi to everyone else.

Good Morning ~

No cardio last night. Walking the dog was even hard for them and when the cat jumped onto my lap, it HURT! Today, bi's/tri's/shoulders and Hiit Pyramid. A little nervous about that - still pretty stiff.

Debbie - Glad you got to sweat and breathe! I'll add my healing vibes to those Theresa is sending.

Theresa - I hear your frustration. I can be quite good at self-saboutage too and it really sucks :mad: . Wish I could say something to help, but it sounds like you're resolved and have a plan of action. I'll keep you in my prayers. You'll get there :)

Hermia - Good to see your post from last night. Didn't you mention once you had an MTV yoga video? I picked that one up years ago (assuming it's the same one) and I'm thinking of plugging it in sometime this week. What do you think of it? If I remember, it was much better than I'd expected it to be -- a good, solid practice. It's also a little shorter than some of the other one's I have.

Cherryl - The tapeworm comment was funny :D . I think they generally have something like an allergic reaction to Debbie's rotations -- scares them off.

Hi to everyone else - Have a great day and workout!

Lori

Lori-Thanks. Good luck w/ your workout tonight :) were you just super sore yesterday?

Lora-the rotation is on their website....I believe it was under minute of strength towards the bottom-like #152. The breakdown was

m-resolution (it's a downloadable workout not a DVD)
tu-providence or firepower
wed-tabata drills/stretch (this is where I would put rope work)
thurs-newport or strength in motion
fri-santa monica
sat-off
sun-off

Theresa - I finally had to pack up the kids Easter baskets and put the junk away, so I would leave it alone. Biggest problem was they were right near my computer.:confused:

Debbie - Good Luck with the new rotation! Hope the neck does okay.

Lori - Still suffering DOMS?

This morning I decided on working legs and choose STS Disc 26 Plyo Legs. I didn't use anything heavier than 12# db's for the weight work, trying to see if lighter weights will slim my legs out, but first I have to lose the weight.:confused: Anyway, I did not take the rest between the weight work & the plyo work instead I jogged in place and only rested after the plyos. I was sucking wind by the end of this.

Went to the ortho this morning and again he does not think my rotator cuff in torn.:D He thinks that the tendon of the long head of the bicep is irritated or there possibly a SLAP lesion (tear) of the glenoid labrum ( the junction of the bicep & tricep tendons that covers the head of the humerus). So today he gave me a steriod shot to the bicep tendon and if that doesn't help, in three weeks he will send me for the MRI and see if there is a SLAP lesion which would mean surgery.

Toffeedog - Glad you like the rotation, hope you see results with it!

Theresa - Thank you for the healing vibes. It's a bit sore today again, I just don't understand why it's taking so long to heal. I think that's a great idea to give things up for God again. Seems people can stick with things when they promise something to the Big Guy! :)

Cheryl[b/] - Have fun with this rotation! I hope it'll be a good one. I can relate to the tape worm! LOL!

Lora - Sometimes its ok to workout through pain, other times it isn't. I have to keep an eye on this injury because the slightest thing can set it off again. I hope I'll be ok tomorrow doing Muscle Max.

Lori - Wow on the DOMS! Hope you are moving around a little better today!

Linda - Interesting about your shoulder and biceps. I hope the steroid shot helps. I bet it will. Hope you don't have to have surgery!

Linda - Did you see the response from SNM about the ticker changes? Ummm yea, it's simple to do? So why would they need to know what my browser type and version is? Good lawd! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Linda - Did you see the response from SNM about the ticker changes? Ummm yea, it's simple to do? So why would they need to know what my browser type and version is? Good lawd! :rolleyes:

Yeah, if it is so simple why did it take me over an hour and then I never did figure it out, it just all of a sudden changed on it's own during a four hour period. Yeesh@!

Today I did a M&F Mens magazine Tabata Workout 1 which was chest and abs. This took 34 minutes and I burned 180 calories. Max HR was 139. Not that good. All of those push ups had me sweating though
icon_biggrin.gif
I added Amy's APX abs 13 minutes, 81 calories. I then did Amy's Step Challenge 2. It has been so long since I have done that one I was struggling with some of the choreography. Workout was 73 minutes and I burned 500 calories. Max HR was 153. Total calories burned was 761 and workout was 2 hrs. I need to go back outside and plant this blueberry bush and my tomato plants in a bit. No workouts this weekend. I spent the whole weekend planting and putting out topsoil and mulch.

Linda - Really hope the steroid shot does it for you! I'm going to have to look at my A & P book to get clearer about what the Dr. said. I have my finger's crossed for you :) .

Theresa - Yah. It was really weird -- sore to the touch, even. Just the weight of my cat made me say "OW" out loud :confused: . Much better today, once I warmed up though. Hope you have a great workout and day ;)

Lora - That looked like a really good workout! Like the combo of kb's and yoga. Glad you're making time for that. It's something I need to make more of a priority. Hope your day goes well :) .

Debbie - I actually feel really pretty good now. Hope Muscle Max goes entirely pain-free tomorrow. That was my first Cathe DVD! It's a good one.

My workout is done! Warm-up was "iffy" but then my legs felt pretty good through Pyramid Hiit. Think I just needed to move them. I followed that with PH biceps (plus some add on bicep work with hammer and reverse curls). Then I did the first half of 40/20 and PH triceps (added on pressdown work), and finished with the second half of 40/20. No shoulder work. I was pretty tired and didn't want to short change them. That was tough. I am tired. Wasn't what I'd really planned but I definitely feel like I worked.

Have a good evening, everybody!

Lori

Diane Sue - We must have been posting at about the same time. You worked hard (that goes for your workout today and your yard/garden over the weekend). A blueberry bush is a great idea!

Lori

I just wanted to drop in and say "hi". Today was Day #1 of the new rotation. :D Tomorrow is Muscle Max and my usual 30 min walk/jog with the dogs in the morning. I hope to have some time after work to fit in some Yoga, but it depends on the day. As far as eating better......that's another story. My DH promised that if I dropped those last pesky 5 lbs I have been complaining about he would buy me 7 new DVD's - NOW THAT'S MOTIVATION! So.........why am I still eating EVERYTHING?? Back to the drawing board.

Lori - I hope your DOMS are better now. :) I LOVE the HIIT DVD's and usually double them up for a better workout too!

Debbie - Good luck with the neck - I hope this rotation helps!! Thanks again.

Linda - Ouch...cortisone shots are no fun. I hope everything goes well.

I'm off to bed so I can get up at 2:30 am to fit in my workout tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great evening!

Cheryl :)

I just wanted to come back and catch up on the check in. It has been an incredibly busy day. Doesn't seem to stop. Outside work and sewing to help dd with an outfit for her school. I shortened the dress and now I will be making an apron/pinafore and bonnet. The hat that came with it does not work with the erea. DH will be home next weekend.
I ordered another heartrate monitor. The Polar FT60 in purple:D This one you can change the batteries in. I can do the VO2 Max with it and if I buy a flow link I can work info on the computer. From the reviews it sounds like it will be a good one.

Debbie, I hope things work for you with that neck pain. I know what you mean about working out. Sometimes it can make things better but sometimes just one small move can set the whole thing off again.

Cheryl, 7 new dvd's sounds like great motivation. Beach vacation was my last motivation. I need to find a new one. Working out is not a problem but keeping the eating spot on is.

Lori, nice workout combination. It sounds like you really got past the doms:D

Linda, I sure hope the steroid helps. I know you sure do not want to have to have surgury. Sending prayers your way.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.