Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 4/11

Hi all! Ok, this may seem like a complaint but it's really not. I am still at 134#. I just cannot figure out why my body won't release some weight. I'm at 18.8% BF right now. However, my upper body is RIPPED right now. I'm really liking the definition I have but my abs are still fluffy and bloated and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. :confused:

My eats are spot on, my carbs range in the 150g-180g and I don't think that's all that high. I keep trying to cut it back but no luck. I refuse to eat bland chicken and turkey again. No way. I think I'd rather keep my fluffiness and eat stuff that I'm enjoying.

So this rotation is defining me really well, I'll start week 5 Monday. I'm going to keep going with it and who knows, maybe by the end of April I'll be at 130# or lower. I'm hoping, but if not, I'm happy with how I look right now. I just really want my abs to be a bit more cut.

Anyways, I worked Back today. Had a short and sweet workout.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise

2 minute rest between each exercise

BACK
Standing Rows:
BW - 8 sets/10-8 reps
***I started out doing Australian Pullups, I did 8 reps with set one and 5 on set 2. These killed me. So I stood up and did the standing rows that I have been doing. HR spiked here.

Underhand Barbell Row:
45# - 8 sets/12-9 reps
***This may have been a bit too heavy for this exercise, I was struggling after set 4. But I still was able to keep the reps to at least 9.

Dumbbell Pullovers:
25# - 8 sets/9-8 reps
***These burned. Good weight.

T-Back Squeeze:
Purple Band: 8 sets/15-14 reps
***These burn - Period. They really do get in there good. I do want to find another band exercise I can use for back but can't think of or find any.

HR STATS:
40 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
33 minutes in zone
2 minutes above zone
283 calories burn

Not a big calorie burn but I'll take it.

That is all... :eek:

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

Well, there are two threads this morning so I am going with the first!

Diane Sue - I tried to copy and paste your post but it copied stuff that wasn't there and then wouldn't delete that part (it took and copied the stuff in the pull down bar by your name - not sure why...!) I will copy just the text part and see what happens. Anyway, I understand your frustration but good heavens, that is still an awesome bf% and I have no doubt that you will quickly be right down to where you want to be. Now, that journal sounds really neat. I do so much better with pen and paper than I do with these online sites.

Debbie - I am sorry you are frustrated. I guess these last few days have shown that we are all feeling *blah* about ourselves! Good news about the ripped upper body, and I can't believe you are already starting week 5 of this training . It is gone by fast (well, at least to me - ha!). And there is something to be said for enjoying life.

Yesterday, late, I did back and biceps. One more week of Meso 2. My body will enjoy the break. I did something to that darned back muscle so I had to go way down for deadlifts. Last week was 86 lbs and it felt great - much to my surprise b/c I would not have chosen that weight for myself. This week was supposed to be 91 but I just couldn't do it with the right form. I did one set but it was failing towards the end so I went down to what felt comfortable but I was irritated! I think I will try it again in a few days and see.

Happy Easter - enjoy the chocolate ;)

Diane Sue's post from other thread...

I took my bodyfat this morning:mad: I went from 9.1% Feb 14 to 12.3% this morning. I knew I wasn't doing so well on the diet lately. I really need to tighten it back up. I also have lowered my cardio which I thought was going to be a good thing. My weight is remaining pretty constant between 114-116. I am going to Barnes and Noble and get another I Will Get Fit this Time Workout Journal. I really liked it. I has lots of reading material, a small travel journal, I Did it Stickers, Pull out progress chart, places to track cardio, strength, other, flexibility, nutrition vitamins and supplements and water intake. Also energy levels, weight, and w/ups and stretching. I wish the grandchildren didn't have those crazy fundraisers with cookie dough. I ended up with several boxes of chocolate chunk cookie dough:eek: Well, off to burn some fat!!

Morning! I did the Cardio Power premix from 4DS, one of my favorites- the KB / BC cardio combo. I also did the KB abs- also a favorite.

Debbie: You mentioned another back exercise with the band- Cathe does one in Meso 1 that I really like. Feet close together, step on the band with both feet. Sit back, almost in a shallow squat. Grab the band in each hand close to the feet. Keeping elbows in, pull up and contract the band- I really feel it after all of the pulses- good burn. :eek: As for the weight, I was stuck from late December until now, so I feel your pain- sympathy vibes coming your way.

Diane Sue: Don't fret too much but I understand your frustration too. The little things sneak in there on the diet and can really do a number on you. I am irritated that it is Easter and we'll have candy around again. :mad:

Shana: Be careful on those deadlifts! It irritates me when a weight isn't going my way. I've decided I need more work on chins so I've been doing them on my off days.

Patti - yes, I need to be careful on those! I thought the weight was crazy, personally :eek:. But, last week was fine. Don't you have the Iron Gym? I keep mine up and do chins quite often and it has really helped.

Good Mornin,

It's my cardio today and rest day tomorrow.

Debbie, Seems to me you are doing exactly the right thing. I think you are right, that given a little more time you will get there soon. I don't know why our bodies do that. I've had problems like that in the past and eventually it finally rids itself of the unwanted fat. I sense you are a perfectionist, and the people I choose to be around are too. It will happen. Congratulations on your cut upper body. Great workout!

Shana, Take care of that back. That is awesome poundage you are using, just be careful, while you get back to the heavier weight. If you pulled the muscle it might take a longer time to heal. Listen to your body. The only reason I say this, is because once I pulled a muscle doing the same exersise and it took me a couple of weeks before I could come back to it. I think I'll check and see what "I Will Get Fit This Time", is about.

Patti, Love those 4DS workouts. Great job!

Have a Happy Easter!

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Last edited:
Hi Kids! OMG, had sooooo much fun yesterday! We shot for 7 hours! :eek: Amazing what a prefoessional photographer can do with lighting and all! I was blown away by a back shot while doing lat pull downs...I was like, "Where the hell did all those muscles come from!" Very excited. We are doing outside shots today, so I gotta get goin but wanted to say hi to everyone!

My eats are spot on, my carbs range in the 150g-180g and I don't think that's all that high. I keep trying to cut it back but no luck. I refuse to eat bland chicken and turkey again. No way. I think I'd rather keep my fluffiness and eat stuff that I'm enjoying.

Debbie....have you tried carb cycling? Just a way to keep your body guessing and rev up that metabolism.

Welcome back Janie!

HAPPY EASTER!

Workout today was Tracey Staehle's Hi/Lo Med ball med ball mix 50 min and burned 391 calories, then I did Amy Bento's In the Ring med ball interval premix skipping the warm up 24 minutes and burned 216 calories
I then did STS ab circuits no equipment(I added some weight) and yoga based abs. I finished off with Yoga Shatki dancing warrior 4, lunge, and shoulder opener segments 16 minutes. Total calories burned today was 839. I need to go pick up some things and start preparing for our family Easter dinner and egg hunt tomorrow. 100% chance of rain tomorrow so no egg hunt outside. We will have 11 children here:eek:

Patti, I wish I didn't have candy here too. Also my dd sent over chips for tomorrow.

Shana, thanks for moving my post:)

Hi all! Ok, this may seem like a complaint but it's really not. I am still at 134#. I just cannot figure out why my body won't release some weight. I'm at 18.8% BF right now. However, my upper body is RIPPED right now. I'm really liking the definition I have but my abs are still fluffy and bloated and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. :confused:

Debbie
- I hear ya! I have cleaned up my eating as will, but still the scale barely budge!:mad: I would have thought the weight would have come off a little faster than this especially, those first few pounds. Also like you, I have some of the best definition in my arms that I have ever had, if I get the weight off it will be great to see what the really look like.:p

Today was Back, should be feeling it later.

IMAX 2 through first blast for warmup

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise

Ran during 2 minute rest between each exercise

BACK
Standing DB Rows:
21's - 8 sets/14-11 reps
***Up 1#, these burn like mad after about the 4th set.

Straight Arm PullDowns:
Green #15/Blue #10 Tubing# - 8 sets/10-8 reps
***Was in no mood to do Inverted Rows, so subbed the Pulldowns and these were brutal. Think this one is gonna put a hurtin' on me!

T-Back Squeeze:
Purple Band: 8 sets/15-13 reps
***Like Debbie said ...."These burn - Period."

Dumbbell Pullovers:
30# - 8 sets/9-7 reps
***Up 5#. This was a good weight for me.

Then did First Combo & Med Ball Blast from Amy's In The Ring, finishing with the stretch. Workout was 1:05 and burned 485 calories.

Hey everyone! I did hill run today for 40 minutes. I wanted to do weights, but I gave blood yesterday and they messed up and my arm is really bruised and sore. So - maybe tomorrow.

It sounds like we are struggling lately except for Sonya. Oh well, summer is here and good days are ahead! TAke care everone.

I am dripping with sweat and about to jump in the shower and then get to church - so much better to go on Saturday night and avoid the crowds on Sunday, plus the Easter Bunny isn't rushed :)

Today was abs and CC#1 on the stepmill for 3 miles and 150 flights. Calorie burn was 400, MAX HR 179, AVG HR 154. Cool down was on TM for .25 miles making workout 40 minutes. Man, I needed to sweat like this - feels good...gross, but feels good.

Sonya - I am envious, girl! It does sound like fun. You will have to let us see the pics when you can.

I thought that I would come back and see what was going on. I meant to say when I posted about BF that I know it is fat and not muscle. I am sure I need to get my diet under control. No more Starbucks, fast food means salad with no dressing. I was doing great with the last rotation I was doing which was my own version of Rachel Cosgroves Attack the Fat Rotation. I did Kettlebells and total body weight adjusting for different body parts. Then I sort of did my own thing. I will lick this like usual, Just a stump in the road that I will leap over and go on. I think we all have those times where we go off.

Sonya, can't wait to see the pictures when you are done. You deserve it for how hard you have worked and stuck to the program. I know that a lot would not do that.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.