Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 3/31

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning! I am repeating week 2 of STS so this morning for cardio I did Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix 2 followed by the 11 minute cardio premix from Yoga Solutions. I burned 859 calories. :eek: I'm not sure why that was so high today- I did note that my HR seemed pretty high, a little more than usual. Weird.

ETA: I have great DOMS in my chest today! I love it! :)

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning all!

This morning I worked Triceps and Biceps and had a great workout. Upped my weights a bit on a couple exercises and that about killed me.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off for each exercise

2 minute rest between each exercise.

TRICEPS
Lying Barbell Tricep Extensions:
45# - 8 sets/9-6 reps (up 5#)
***First 5 sets were good, last three killed.

Bench Dips:
BW - 8 sets/15-9 reps
***Ok, I don't think I'll ever be able to these all the way through. These and pushups are the HARDEST! I had to stop early on two sets.

Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
20# - 8 sets/15-9 reps
***These burned like crazy too. Last three sets were brutal.

BICEPS
Barbell Curls:
40# - 8 sets/8-6 reps (up 5#)
***This was hard but not as bad as I thought it would be. HR spiked a lot on this exercise though.

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
12's - 8 sets/8-7 reps
***Burned!

Hammer Curls:
12's - 8 sets/9-8 reps
***These burned too. Biceps were fried.

Then I got on the treadmill for a 10 minute jog. Felt good and I didn't want to stop but I ran out of time.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 3 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
48 minutes in zone
12 minutes above zone
478 calories burned

That is all....

Patti - WOW! Nice calorie burn! Woo hoo!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Didn't have much time yesterday so I am posting my workout from yesterday today. Today gonna do Tabita Training for Legs.

Yesterday's workout: Tabita Training for Arms

TRICEPS
Lying Tricep BB Ext
30# 8 sets of 10

Bench Dips
8 sets of 12

Overhead DB Ext
20# 8 sets of 12 (some were 11 and 10 reps in there)

BICEPS
BB Curls
50# 8 sets of 8 (up 5# on this one..felt fine, but I can see what Deb is saying about hr spiking..definitely for me as well..this one tired me out fast!)

Concentration Curls
25's 8 sets of 8

Hammer Curls
20's 8 sets 8 (some 7 reps in there)

ABS
25 hanging knee raises
50 reps of oblique crunches on each side
50 reps of standard crunches
50 reps another kind where focus is on upper abs (forget what it is called)

**didn't really do that much with abs..my neck is bothering me again**

Today's word is ....Ow!

(Also copied Debbie's w/o just changed to my stats)

This morning I worked Triceps and Biceps.

Warmup was 4 DS HIS through First Blast.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off for each exercise

2 minute rest between each exercise.

TRICEPS
Lying Barbell Tricep Extensions:
35# - 8 sets/10-8

Bench Dips:
BW - 8 sets/12-8 reps
***Now this is just about the hardest thing I have ever done!

Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
20# - 4 sets/10-8
15# - 4 sets/10-8
*** burned like crazy

BICEPS
Barbell Curls:
35# - 8 sets/8-7 reps (up 5#)
***By the end of this my legs were shaking. What's up with that? They weren't doing anything!

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
15's - 4 sets/8-7 reps
12's - 8 sets/8-7 reps
***Burned!

Hammer Curls:
12's - 8 sets/9-8 reps

Then did the second combo & blast from HIS and stretch. Workout was 1:03 minutes and burned 359 calories.

Debbie - Disappointed I didn't get your calorie burn. Also do you do the dips with feet on the floor?

Patti
- Or your either:p:p:p

Morning all! Linda - you will definitely feel those tomorrow! I am getting great doms from these workouts. Today I did a light jog and some core work. Will get back to regulary workout tomorrow.

I have great doms today in my butt!

Forgot to mention, that I have never had DOMS from a chest work before that went down into my rib cage!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Char - Nice workout, I don't know how you can go so heavy with the bicep work. 50# is just insane! Nice going!

Linda - Aren't those damn bench dips HARD? I do them with my palms on my straight bench and my feet on my bench, so I am up in the air the whole time. It kills me every time. Wait until you do shoulders, your legs will be shaking again with the overhead presses!

I will make this quick. We have realtors coming in around 10. Also have someone coming at 6:30 to look at the house. This morning I did Step Blast w/up and combos 2,3 and the blast challenge, then I did Athletic Step Jam Jam challenge, abs and stretch. I then did STS stability ball abs. Had to get showered before I took the children to school. Total calories burned was 567.

Morning, chatty "Cathes" - ha ha. My triceps are practically quivering today, my shoulders are talking to me and my chest feels like I got beat up in a boxing ring! None of it in a bad way - just wow - yes, all of those muscles are definitely there sort of feeling.

Today is cardio of some sort and I'm thinking bike. Nothing has jumped out at me as interesting as of yet. With legs being tomorrow, I don't want to overdo it.

Have a super day :)

Linda - Aren't those damn bench dips HARD? I do them with my palms on my straight bench and my feet on my bench, so I am up in the air the whole time. It kills me every time. Wait until you do shoulders, your legs will be shaking again with the overhead presses!

Debbie
- You are my HERO! I started those dips in the air for the first three sets, but then I was begging for mercy, so the rest I did feet on floor. Something I don't get - my HR isn't really getting up there, I mean I am sweating and working hard but no major spike in the HR. Am I not going hard enough? I know the mag said you should be failing on the last few sets, but how do you fail and still keep working for 20 seconds?

Shana
- If you google Tabata timers you will find mp3 files all over, that said I think I got the one I am using from beach-fitness.com

Debbie
- You are my HERO! I started those dips in the air for the first three sets, but then I was begging for mercy, so the rest I did feet on floor. Something I don't get - my HR isn't really getting up there, I mean I am sweating and working hard but no major spike in the HR. Am I not going hard enough? I know the mag said you should be failing on the last few sets, but how do you fail and still keep working for 20 seconds?

Believe me, I wimped out on those fast. My reps started at 15 and slowly dwindled to 9. LOL! The first week I did this I had a hard time getting my HR up with a few body parts. Legs was one of them, believe it or not. The next week I shortened my rest time between exercises to only 2 minutes and that helped a lot. I also raised my weights a bit and that helps a great deal when you go to failure. And there is a lot of times I just stop because I can't keep going for the entire 20 seconds. Probably aren't suppose to do that, but oh well.

FOODS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/ strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon Peanut Butter Pancake; Grapefruit (post workout)
M3: Snack Wrap
M4: Zucchini lasagna; Orange
M5: Boca burger on 1 slice whole wheat bread
M6: Chicken stew; salad w/Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate Protein Pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1610.5 calories
44 g. fat - 25%
130 g. protein - 32%
189 g. carbs - 47%

A bit too high in the carbs department for me today, but I like everything I'm eating so I'm not changing it.

Believe me, I wimped out on those fast. My reps started at 15 and slowly dwindled to 9. LOL! The first week I did this I had a hard time getting my HR up with a few body parts. Legs was one of them, believe it or not. The next week I shortened my rest time between exercises to only 2 minutes and that helped a lot. I also raised my weights a bit and that helps a great deal when you go to failure. And there is a lot of times I just stop because I can't keep going for the entire 20 seconds. Probably aren't suppose to do that, but oh well.

But still making 9 reps in the air towards the end is amazing! I am only doing the two minute rest, makes me think I should run during that two minutes, but I am wiped out at first. The mag made the statement about failing then "but staying true to the 10 second rest" - how are you suppose to do both? Maybe I'll try and up some of my weights a bit next week. Just wish I had some pace weights or platemates to make it easier.

But still making 9 reps in the air towards the end is amazing! I am only doing the two minute rest, makes me think I should run during that two minutes, but I am wiped out at first. The mag made the statement about failing then "but staying true to the 10 second rest" - how are you suppose to do both? Maybe I'll try and up some of my weights a bit next week. Just wish I had some pace weights or platemates to make it easier.

Do you warmup before you start? I get on my treadmill to get my heart going for about 10 minutes. It takes me FOREVER to get my HR to go above 120 with any given exercise or cardio workout, but once it's there I can almost keep it up there. When I do the rests between each exercise my HR goes back down to my rest zone but not for long. I guess it's a matter of trial and error. I have also thought of jumping rope or getting back on my treadmill between exercises to keep my HR up. But so far I am happy with my calorie burns so I'm not doing that.

Do you warmup before you start? I get on my treadmill to get my heart going for about 10 minutes. It takes me FOREVER to get my HR to go above 120 with any given exercise or cardio workout, but once it's there I can almost keep it up there. When I do the rests between each exercise my HR goes back down to my rest zone but not for long. I guess it's a matter of trial and error. I have also thought of jumping rope or getting back on my treadmill between exercises to keep my HR up. But so far I am happy with my calorie burns so I'm not doing that.

Yeah my warmup has been 4 DS HIS through the end of the first blast which takes ten minutes and by the end my HR is 160. I think my HRM said my HR was high (over 170) for about 11 minutes in the whole workout.

Yeah my warmup has been 4 DS HIS through the end of the first blast which takes ten minutes and by the end my HR is 160. I think my HRM said my HR was high (over 170) for about 11 minutes in the whole workout.

I know the article says these workouts will get your HR in the anaerobic zone, but honestly, I don't see how it can. Lifting weights is so different then doing cardio, there really isn't a "cardio" factor when lifting, no matter how you do it. Your HR will always go up and down with weights. I think the article is a bit misleading when it says that these workouts can be counted as cardio - but then again, my calorie burns have been outrageous. My HR doesn't get to my anaerobic phase, but stays in my in-zone pretty much throughout the entire workout so I think that's a good thing. It's really making a difference for me. I've lost 2% body weight since I started this and 1# of weight.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Got in my workouts..mowing was the warmup. lol. I then did my Tabata Training for legs. Went fast, but believe me, I was sweating alot..you just don't get any rest with this workout! lol.

LEGS
Squats:
70# (decided that was heavy enough and ended up being just right) 8/10

Mary Katherines (lunges)
BW: 8/12 (all that movement gets the hr up up..no down time)

Hamstring Curls
20# 8/10

Leg Extensions
45# 8/10

Calf Raises
110# 2 sets 50

Now I need to clean the basement and garage. Cleaning is never ending..I swear.

Debbie, Char and Linda.....enjoy reading your posts about the Tabata training....but now I'm scared! :p You three lift amazing weights to begin with and are in great shape so to read that this is challenging for you all makes me wonder what it will be like for me. One statement regarding Tabat that I read was...."oh, and that stuff you will be wiping of your face....it's called the floor!" :eek: That will be me! Looking forward to the challenge.

Olesya changed my training program (just the exercises I will be doing...left some of them the same) so I will do this program through the end of May and then decide if I want to to Tabata or STS. The only concern I have with STS is Meso 1 is endurance. I don't want to lose the muscle I have gained. Those of you doing STS....any comments/thoughts?????

Today's workout will be legs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.