Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 3/25

I should not have worked out today. I felt pretty good when I woke up but as my workout progressed I got light headed and nauseous. I did Gym Style Legs but only did the standing part and ended with the calf work. I was sweating A LOT, more then I usually do with a leg workout. Not good. I think I'll take another rest day tomorrow. Whatever is in my system is still there.

Anyways, here's how my workout went:

Barbell Squats - 65#/3 sets 16 reps
Front Lunges - 20's/2 sets 8 reps
***Cathe does different rep counts on this one, legs were burning.
Rear Lunges - 20's/1 set w/tons of reps
Plie Squats - 30#/2 sets 16 reps
***She does 2 sets of 15 count low ends at the end of each set.
Leg Press w/Band - 5 risers/green band - 2 sets/15 reps
Elevated Deadlifts - 55#/2 sets/16 reps different rep counts
Slow Motion Lunges - 12's/4 SLOW reps
***These are killers. By this time I felt like puking.
Calf Raises

That was it. Sort of glad I got something done but then again I think sleeping in would have been better.

Debbie-another rest day sounds like a good plan. Hope you feel better soon :p
Lori-Thank you, that makes me feel better too. Wow that would be a shock. Good workout and I hope your son feels better soon.

Yesterday was cardio and I did Spinervals Sprinting Machine. workout was 50 min and I burned 755 calories. I was exhausted after that was over, but the only thing hurting today is my butt from not being used to the seat :rolleyes:

TTYL
Theresa

Hi everyone - I posted kind of late last night. DS had a rough night. Stomach stuff. Mine's been feeling kind of ... interesting this morning. I'm hoping it feels better as the day goes on. Assuming it does, I plan to do STS Meso 2 week 4 - chest, shoulders, triceps OR an interval workout. I was looking at some sites with bodyweight and kettlebell exercises last night while folding laundry. Some interesting stuff. I'd kinda like to try and pull something together. Whichever one I don't do today, I'll do tomorrow.

Theresa - Bike seats get my seat, too :) . That's the worst part about them for me. Sounds like you had a long, tough workout!

Debbie - I've tried working out when I was still too sick. It feels horrible. Sorry that happened to you. Take it easy, and I hope you feel better soon!

Btw, for those of you who have/use kettlebells, I have a question: How did you figure out what weight(s) to purchase when you got yours? Do you somehow base it on free weight poundages? If so, which exercises and how do you calculate from there? How many did you start with? TIA

Hope everyone that follows has a great day and workout!

Lori-check out artofstrength.com if you have not already. They have TONS of kb information, and might have some youtube clips for kb weight selection. They are my go-to source for kb related questions. I have read (and I can't remember the source at this particular moment to save my life) that most women should be able to start w/ a 8kg (17 #kb). I have a 10, 15, and 20 #. I tend to use the 10 for tricep work (skull crushers) and shoulder work (b/c my shoulder is giving me constant trouble). I tend to use the 15 for swings, cleans, snatches, and I use the 20 # for suitcase rows, deadlifts, sumo deadlifts (really anything back of leg). I need to go up in weight for the latter b/c 20 # can be a bit too easy. I'll try to find some more info for you and pass it along.

Be careful...there was a nasty GI bug going around here and I was sick for 8 days w/ it. Nasty. :(

Theresa

My workout is finished. I got a good calorie burn in. If I am lucky I will get up at 4 am tomorrow and do one of Cathe's HiiT workouts before I leave. I started with Insane upper body 48 minutes 400 calories, then I did 4 Day Split lower body premix 31 minutes 259 calories, I followed with 10 min solution with Amy Bento 5 day get fit belly fat burner 10 minutes 69 calories wearing my 1# gloves and using 10#, then I did 5 day get fit fat blasting intervals and cardio kickbox wearing 1# gloves and using 10# dumbbells for the intervals 20 minutes, 160 calories Max HR 163, I finished with 5 day get fit power yoga 10 minutes 43 calories. Workout was 1 hr 59 minutes and total calories was 931. Got lots to do:D I will try to check back later on.

Theresa - Nice calorie burn yesterday! And if you mean GI infection as in stomach, that's not where my problem is. It's all in my head and sinuses plus I have a cough. It's not getting worse, though, so I guess that's good!

Lori - Hope you can get your workout in and I hope you aren't coming down with something. Being sick sucks.

Diane Sue - You have a wonderful vacation! Can't wait to hear how it went when you get back!!! And why on earth are you working out tomorrow morning? Enjoy your vacation. The workouts will be here when you get back.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Gonna do Insanity Upperbody workout today and ab work. Got some ebay to do..selling stuff for my son..

Diane Sue, your pictures look amazing. Your arms are so very cut! Love the outfits and the color of the bikini compliments you very well.

Debbie,

That is a great workout especially too since you are not feeling 100%..GREAT JOB!

Theresa,

WOW..you are really burning some calories now!!! Keep it up! I did 531 yesterday...had an instant migraine hit me when I was doing CC #6 and hit the red zone...I had to get off elliptical..go take advil and I went back on and just finished off on my own going about 7mph ...had no choice to quit CC cuz my head was bangin'...anyhow...inspiring how well your doing!

Thanks Ladies :D

Debbie-Lori mentioned something about the stomach issues, that is where that comment came from. I guess I should have kept it in the same paragraph :D

Char-I amazed you kept going after a migraine. Was it from the workout or something else? Which Cardio Coaches do you have? I am contemplating getting 1 or 2 and am trying to get a general consensus on which ones are best.

theresa

Debbie - Again hoping you feel better soon!

Theresa - You get some pretty impressive calorie burns!

Char - I'm impressed finishing wit a migraine.

Lori
- Hope your DS feels better and hope you don't get it!:p

DianeSue
- You are a true maniac trying to fit in a workout before you leave!

This morning I did Step Moves, fun, but I wish it were longer. I also have some good DOMS going on from yesterday. I've moved up to a extra heavy black band from Power Systems that I used doubled up for most everything, except shoulders.

DD woke me up last night at 2:45am asking for a bowl of cereal.:p You just gotta love it!

Thank you, everybody. DS seems a little better ... maybe (?). Sometimes GI stuff comes in waves, though. I think if he's not better by tomorrow, I'll call the doc. I did get in an interval workout - it had a little bit of everything and was really too long to be considered hiit. I was sort of ... dragging, so I didn't push as hard as I might have on another day. Definitely feel like I worked, though. Not sure if I'm getting sick or just tired (sort of short on sleep right now). I sure hope everyone gets feeling better !!!!

And DianeSue - I bet you're super busy getting ready. Not sure if you'll have time to check back in today, but if you do, have a wonderful time :D :D :D !!!

Theresa - I really must be out of it today :confused: (I really need a nap). THANK YOU for your input on kettlebells! I've visited the AOS website before, but not in a long time. I spent some time there this morning. It (and you) were very helpful :D .

I am getting things packed up and laundry done. Ds is coming to take us to the airport at 6 am on his way to work. I doubt I will be back here till around the 2nd.

Charlotte, you are so sweet. Thanks on the pictures. Hope the ebay goes well.

Debbie, I hope you get to feeling better. You still had a nice workout. I know, I should just plan no workouts starting tomorrow but, if I have time I would like to do a short one since half of my day is going to be sitting on my backside in planes and airports. It will probably be mostly a rest week though.

Lori, I started with 15# kettlebells to start and soon wanted heavier ones. I have two 15's and 2 20's, a 25 and a 35 now. I would like to get a 30. The heavier ones I use more for weight work though like plies, and 1 leg deadlifts. AOS has some great workouts.

Linda, children have no sense of time LOL I bet you got right up and got him some cereal:D

Theresa, nice workout even if the soreness was from the seat:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.