Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties 2/6

Yahoo….It is Friday.

Morning Guys,:D

This morning, I did a 20 jog and BM2 upper body. Truth is, I was scheduled to do 4DS all upper but, due to lack of sleep:eek: and late night company :rolleyes:it just was not happening:D

Stats:
20 minutes
150 cals burned
1.41 miles travelled

BM2: I did not use the ball while performing these exercises.

Double Arm Rows on Ball DB
2x15
Pull Overs on Ball DB
1x15
Rear Flyes on Ball DB
2x5
Decline Pushups on Ball
Shins
Wide Pushups
Toes
Chest Flyes on Ball DB
2x15
Overhead Press on Ball DB
2x15
Shoulder Circles on Ball DB
2x5
Lateral Raises on Ball DB
2x5
Hammer Curls on Ball DB
2x15
Incline Curls on Ball DB
2x15
Concentration Curls on Ball DB
1x15
Single Leg Dips R/L hands elevated DB
2x5
French Press on Ball DB
1x15
Kickbacks DB
2x5

Last edited:
Aaahhh! The agony of defeat. I was doing Newport this morning, and was going quite well, until the Turkish Getups. Then something happened to the front of my shoulder. The pain is pretty bad. Using a yoga strap to support it. even had to move my mouse in front of my computer because too pain full to open arm out to the side like that. So intend on doing a lot of babying on the arm today and see what happens.

For the workout agian I used my 20# Kb for eveything except where noted:

Round 1 : Cossack stretch , squat/thrust/snatch (3 mins.); bicycle (1 min.)

Round 2: Squat/Press, One-Arm Swing (4 mins.); double leg raise (keep feet 6" from floor) (1 min.)

Round 3: 2-handed swing, hot potato (4 mins.); twisting crunch (1 min. - Anthony does sets of 10-8-6-4-2 and then repeats)

Round 4:
Punch matrix, plank (you go through each exercise 3x) (3 mins.); Single leg raise (keep stationary leg 6" from floor) (1 min.)

Round 5: Side snatch, overhead lunge (4 mins.) side plank (1 min.) managed to keep my arm up the whole time, this time through

Round 6: Squat/kick, sots press (press from a squat) (3 mins.); standing oblique crunch (1 min.) I switched to a 15# DB for the sots and figured out that the OHP starts at the racked position in front of the shoulder not behind the shoulder. Once I got that I could do the sots.

Round 7: Hand to hand clean, dragon lunge (curtsy lunge) 4 mins. ; Russian twist which then turns into russian twist with bicycle crunch. I Did some of the bicycle part

Round 8: kettlebell pushup (just like the side-to-side pushups in P90X), dive bombers into cobra and janda situp This is too much on my wrists w/ the carpal tunnel so today I put out 3 DB & traveled between them on the pushups, using the DBs as handles. Went much better.

Extra Round: Snatch/Turkish get-up/Windmill - You do one set of all 3 moves on one side, then the other; repeat. I did these with the 20# KB, and this is when the pain started

Bonus Round:
5 mins. snatch test - Did the whole test with my 20#KB, anyway ( I know stupid) but went pretty slow.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Feeling much better and improved today! I got this itch to do something intense today, but I know I still need to wait and heal more lest I be sorry. So today I will do lowmax and I will modify when arms are involved, etc. The main focus is to work lowerbody while upper still heals and burn calories.

Got a fun weekend planned!

Linda,

Sorry to hear! Good gosh...that area just seems so vulnerable for injury...hope you work it out quickly like Debbie.

Morning!

Linda: Ouch! Be careful and be nice to your body today. The workouts sounds cool- kettlebells are my post STS summer project. I'm excited about it but figure one thing at a time. :)

Teddy: I did parts of BM2 today too!

I did BM2 double upper body premix- wondered why it was 72 minutes long and saw it included the step warm up which I skipped and abs, which I did Wednesday so I did B&G abs instead. I think B&G abs are my new favorite. Anyway, I made myself rest for a minute between rounds and think I had better form- lesson learned. I sometimes try to keep up with the pace in the workouts and that's kind of dumb, especially when I am consistently trying to up my weights.

BM2 Double Upper Body Premix
Each exercise twice through
Double arm rows- 22.5s / 21.25s
- Didn't use ball after first few- it gets in the way
Pull overs on ball- 30#
Rear flyes on ball- 8s / 7s
Decline pushups on ball- shins
Wide pushups- toes
-Last time I did this I had to go to knees for the last two but not today!
Chest flyes on bench- 20s
Overhead Press on ball / bench- 15s
Shoulder circles on ball- 6s
Lateral raises on ball / standing- 6s
Hammer curls standing- 16.25s
Incline curls on ball- 13.25s / 15s
- This is the first time I could do 15s- woo hoo!
Concentration curls on ball- 15s
- First time I got all the way through (and TWICE) using 15s
Single Leg Dips on DBs
French Press- 15#
Kickbacks- 8s / 7s
- I had been pushing myself to go heavier on these but really wanted to work on full range of motion and squeezing at the top- I will continue to inch this up, though.

I'm enjoying doing these upper body premixes- I pulled it from one of Debbie's old rotations. But I have to say that I love the one from 4DS- my favorite so far. I am not crazy about the CTX weight work- I like the basic moves but it goes so fast and has too many reps for my goals right now. This next week I do upper body premixes from MM and 4DS again (yay!).

Oh and Sonya and someone else posted the protein pancake recipe with cottage cheese that you put in the blender- holy night, it was AWESOME! Thank you for posting! I'm a happy well fed girl this morning.

Too much coffee makes me chatty, can you tell? LOL. Later.

Hi Charlotte- we posted at the same time. Low Max sounds good for a intense workout while taking care of the upper body. I always get a good 700+ calorie burn on it, so enjoy!

Linda: Now don’t you start with injuries :eek::eek::eek: Yesterday, I ordered Newport should have it next week, some time. I plan to use this workout with STS. I can not wait too throw them swings.:D:rolleyes:

Toasty: Glad you are getting better. And, I do agree, waiting another day or two before lifting, you should be good.

Last month, I ordered the101 GT Xpress, does anyone use it? I should get it today, can’t wait!

Stats for me - plyo legs

dumbell squats - 16 - 15#db
box jumps 20

front lunges - 16r 16 l
back and forth jumps - 20

crab walks - 20 each side
skaters 40

step ups - 15 lb db - 16
jump lunges 12 each side

back lunges 16 rl 16 l
jump lunges 12 each leg

back lunges 16r 16l
ski hops 40

wide stance squats - 16 15# dbs
plie jacks 20

quarter dead lifts 16 15# db
squat jumps touching floor

static lunges 15# db 15
plie jumps with 5s

q leg squats - 1 15# db
plyo jacks

plie squats 15s
tuck jumps 20
pistol squats on chair 12 r 12 l
alternating jump lunges

cool down

38 minutes HR 158 max 122 average

good workout!

LINDA - take care of yourself!!

I got my workout in. I woke up early though feeling really sick to the stomach. Now my head hurts and I am achey. Not sure what to think.
I did do my workout. I did STS Biceps and Triceps disc 2, then did 4Day Split Low Intensity Step cardio only repeating the final combined segment then the stretch. I followed with STS Extended Stretch and the first 18 minutes of Lawrence Biscontini's foam roller stopping after the tibialis segment which was 17 minutes.. Total calories burned today was 823. Grandbaby is lying down so I think I am going to do so too. No food yet. Just not ready for it.

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!

Morning maniacs. You all are getting in some great workouts today.

Linda...Ouch! Sorry about your shoulder :(
Diane Sue...amazed you still worked out feeling that way....you are a true maniac!
Char...glad you are feeling better.
Ashumate: I previewed the plyo legs dvd...looks tough. How was it? Are your legs fried at the end?

.Too much coffee makes me chatty, can you tell? LOL. Later.

Patti...you are too funny! Glad you liked the protein pancakes. Dallys uses the same recipe. They are so easy to make. Took yours and Debbie's suggestion and had mine w/p-nut butter and banana. Yumm!

So I took an extra rest day yesterday and soaked in the tub w/ epsom salts. Back is better. Today is my scheduled rest day.

Meals for today. Today is high cardb day! :)
M1: 1/2 cup oatmeal w/flaxsee, protein pwdr, slivered almonds and blueberries, 1/2 wg bagel
M2: protein drink, rice cake, p-nut butter, 1/2 banana
M3: ham sandwhich w/letuce tomato on1 slice ezekiel bread, 9 tortilla chips, grapes
M4:1/2 cup strawberries, almonds
M5:???
DS comes home from Oregon today and we are having suprise b-day party fot him. I will use this as my cheat meal. Will probably stick w/chicken and veggies from veggie tray but I will have a couple glasses of wine.....after all it is a celebration! ;)

Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!

Teddy: I did parts of BM2 today too!

I did BM2 double upper body premix- wondered why it was 72 minutes long and saw it included the step warm up which I skipped and abs, which I did Wednesday so I did B&G abs instead. I think B&G abs are my new favorite. Anyway, I made myself rest for a minute between rounds and think I had better form- lesson learned. I sometimes try to keep up with the pace in the workouts and that's kind of dumb, especially when I am consistently trying to up my weights.

Patti: Hey woman;) Nice workout! resting is good, after each routine, I hit pauses ;) I feel most of Cathe moves are way to fast, well, for me. I was looking forward too 4DS upper this morn, but just didn't get enough sleep, I really don't know how the heck I got up at 4:30. I guess I so determine to keep DOMS going on until ;)Sunday or Monday start all over again.

Last edited:
I managed some 3 egg whites with 1 whole egg and some dry toast. Took some aspirin so am a little better. Here are my weights for today. I still had to pause the dvd player at times to set up for some of the exercises.
STS Back and Triceps
lat pulldowns with the band purple dynaband 12 reps
dumbbell rows both arms 20's 21 reps
dips on chair no/ wt 16 reps
straddle push ups no wt 16 reps
chin ups ( did Bowflex pulldowns) 160# resistance 12 reps
seated overhead extensions one arm (dumbbell) 15# 15 reps
one arm dumbbell row 35# 15 reps
t pull with band purple dynaband 36 reps
flat bench tricep extensions (barbell) 40# 14 reps
barbell rows 60# 21 reps
y's with the band purple dynaband 36 reps
kickbacks 1 arm dumbbell 20# 15 reps
one arm horizontal row 32.5 # 15 reps
deadlifts dumbbell 32.5# dumbbells 8reps
close grip bench press dumbbells 20's 15(should have went heavier)
one arm press down with band purple dynaband 36reps
chin ups 160# bowflex pulldowns 18 reps
seated overhead extensions both arms dumbbell 25# 15 reps
barbell rows 55# 21reps
double arm rows with band purple dynaband 36 reps
side leaning one arm overhead extensions on ball 15# 15 reps
one arm dumbbell row 30# 15 reps
deadlifts dumbbells 32.5# 8 reps
kickbacks double arm dumbbells 15# 15 reps
one arm band kickbacks purple dynaband 36 reps
pullups (Bowflex pull downs) 160# 18 reps
cross body kickbacks dumbbell 15# 15 reps
lat pulldowns with band purple dynaband 10reps
side lying 1 arm pushups 16 reps
superman on floor arms and legs elevated 24reps

Linda, so sorry about the shoulder. I know I had to be so careful to feel it more in my lat when holding that dumbbell than my shoulder. I kept it at 15#. I hope you can ice it and get it back to pain free.

hi Sonya - ply legs is togh - but I have gotten so much stronger since I bstarted doing it and my endurance is way better. I like soreness it gives my glutes!

Dallys: I probably asked this before;) but What is CLX, where do I find:rolleyes:

Well, ladies I'm off Yahoooooooo. Taking client too eat then going home clean up a bit, who knows IT IS FRIDAY;);)tty guys later.

Hey Maniacs!

Today I did:
CLX Push Circuit #3
CLX Burn it off
200 Kettlebell swings
CLX Recharge

Took about 1 1/2 hr. Just had a load of energy that needed fixin'.

Teddy- Here is the link to CLX http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/chalean_extreme.do?code=BBHOME_PARSEA_CE It's a Beachbody program.

Diane Sue- Sorry you are feeling sick today.:(

Linda- Scary about you hurting your shoulder! I'm going to try and do Newport tomorrow.

Sonya-Ally- I'm all for working the backside too. That's why I'm trying for 200 kb swings a day. I'm hearing swings are great for the butt.

Patti-Char- Speaking of Low Max. I was surprised I burned more with that than the Imax's.

That shoulder sounds horrible, Linda. I hope you can find something soon that will ease your pain.

Tonight I did the upper body portion of BM2 and then the advanced "No Time Lower Body" segment of Yoga for Your Moods, except the dvd was skipping pretty bad, and towards the end it just quit, so I did my own stuff for the last few minutes. Any suggestions for what can be done, if anything, when a dvd does that?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.