Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 2/24

Today was total body and I did last Wednesday's workout only in superset format. Had a great workout and was sweating like crazy!

One more workout for this rotation and I'm done. I'm sad, I love this rotation.

I usually always do a Cathe warmup before any of my weight training and for some reason I forgot to this morning. Didn't seem to hinder me, though.

3 sets, 8 reps with 1 minute rest between each superset.

SS #1
Leg Press Station - 185# (up 10#)
ss w/
Barbell Military Press - 60# (up 5#) 8/8/6
***Was suppose to superset Leg Press and SLDL but didn't have enough weight to do both at the same time. Military presses were tought today.

SS #2
Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 95# (up 5#)
ss w/
Incline Dumbbell Curls - 27's (up 2#) 8/7/7
***Seriously tough superset. This one had me sweating like crazy.

SS #3
Barbell Rows - 80# (up 5#)
ss w/
Incline Barbell Press - 90# (Up 5#)
***Did incline press first for some reason and just realized it when I typed this out. Presses felt easy, I checked my barbell weights twice thinking I didn't have enough on it.

Then I did abs and did the Oxygen Triset that I love to do.

Triset Ab Work:
Hanging Knee Raises
Bench V-ups
Reverse Bench Crunch

***Did first set with 15 reps, rested 1 minuted, did another set with 12 reps, rested 1 minute then did the last set with 10 reps. Got a great burn and I hope I'm sore tomorrow.

Debbie-again, I am in total awe of your weight :eek: good work

Yesterday was Insanity Plyo Circuits. I could only muster swear words at the end of that one, even the warm up was insane. :D Workout was 42 min and I burned 643 calories. There are no words for this series other than Insanity. Today is Kiss workout #2 and 15-20 steady state.

This morning was Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuits. I groaned when I saw the first exercise was Suicides, the same one I hurt my back on yesterday. Obviously there was no touching of the floor today! I think the hardest part of Insanity for me is how tired my legs are. I just cannot go all out like he wants because I can barely more my legs, they aren't sore just tired!!!

Oh and on a side note, some of those girls in Insanity need to wear more clothes!:p:p:p

Going for a massage later today, can't wait for him to work on my back!:D:D:D

Debbie
- I can't believe your rotation is over already! Nice job as always!

Theresa - I am so with you on Insanity, they are truly insane. I really think the rotation needs more recovery built in.

My workout today was STS disc 14 legs workout was 53 min(had a couple of pauses but only 5 min more than it was supposed to be) 490 calories burned, then I did Kelly Coffey's Bootcamp Premix Cardio session 30 min and burned 287 calories max hr was 160, I finished with the bonus stretch 18 min and burned 69 calories. Total workout time was 1 hr 38 min and calories was 746.

Debbie, nice workout. That triset looks like it would be a good one.
Have you decided what you are going to do next? I know you mentioned checking what rotations Cathe had using STS.

Linda, I don't know how you can continue Insanity. I think I will try to do it as planned when I get back from vacation and have had that weeks rest. I will probably need it. Enjoy that massage. And I d agree it could use more recovery.

Theresa, I totally dread the Insanity warm ups. I kind of like the plyometric one. I hate the Pure Cardio one with no rests :eek: Maybe someday I will think it is nice "Not"

Theresa,

STS weights today was done in trisets:
Triset #1
Squats: 20# vest, 1# weighted gloves, and 36# dumbbells 10 reps 94# total weight(using the vest and not fastening it helped with pausing)
one leg elevated lunge 27# 10 reps
deadlifts wide stance 37# dumbbells 10 reps
repeat 2 more times

Triset#2
static lunge-37# dumbbells 10 reps
plie squats alternating hands-20# vest and 36# dumbbell, 1# gloves 10 reps
one leg slide back lunge gliding disc-26# dumbbells 10 reps
repeat 2 more times

Triset#3
stiff legged deadlift on platform-97# barbell 10 reps
side slide lunge with gliding disc- 1 set 26# switched to 35# kettlebell & 1# weghted gloves for 2 sets
squats narrow stance-20# vest and 36# dumbbells 1# gloves

3 sets of 20 reps 1 leg calf raises on platform 37# dumbbell

Linda- I hear YOU on the calf soreness :eek: Oh my word, I am feeling it today. And I have no idea how you are pushing through w/ a hurt hand, you really embody the Maniac :D

Diane Sue-crap....Pure Cardio is next on the list :confused: I truly felt like I was doing the best I could, but this big girl was having a hard time getting up and down towards the end. I HATE suicide abs. I may need to incline a bit b/c doing the burpee stuff just feels awkward. Oh and nice workout. I need to remember the KCM premixes.

Theresa

Theresa - Love your previews of Insanity! You and Linda are so funny writing about these workouts. Makes me not want to buy them all the more!! :p Nice calorie burn for a 42 minute workout, though!

Linda - LOL on the girls in the video. I give you a lot of credit for doing these workouts with your hand AND back the way it is. Please be careful! You are a true maniac! :eek:

Diane Sue - Great workouts as usual! Weights look great too! No, haven't decided yet. I haven't even looked at the rotation forum yet.

QUESTION - I see a lot of great things being said about Step Moves. Is this workout worth the price? I think I'd like to add that to my collection. :)

I love my massage therapist!:D:D:D My back feels better already! He even worked on my poor tired legs!:):):):)

DianeSue
- Your bunny Harvey that use to run around , was he litter trained? We have another bunny that I would love to let run around a bit for exercise but am fearful of the mess. Nice workout!

Debbie
- I don't think there be any actual touching of the floor for me any more, I think about 6 inches above will be just fine.:p Oh, I will pm you soon.

Theresa
- I think have to use the pushup handles is making the burpees easier for me as now I am on a slight incline. Also, I find it odd that calves is the one thing Shaun T doesn't really seem to stretch. Oh, and good luck on Pure Cardio it's a monster. 15 minutes no scheduled rests.

LInda, yes, Harvey was litter trained. I blocked off the kitchen, dining, utility area and set boxes lined with trashbags and litter in different areas. Put him in them like you would do a kitten. His rabbit pills soon dimished to the boxes. Later he would just run for his haven(crate) and use his litterbox there. On chewing, I sprayed him with a water bottle and he knew when I picked it up to run. I still have teeth marks in the seal on the refrigerator because he would run and sit in the bottom of it when I opened it. He was fast:0 Was cute but had to break that habit. He knew his treats came out of there.

Debbie, looking forward to seeing what you plan to do next:D

Theresa, if you made it through that workout you can make it through pure cardio. I just have a hard time seeing how these workouts can be done back to back. Seems like there would be more recovery between. They are beyond the usual limits. I think I read in the brochure that most are around 75% and thses you may find yourself at 85% . I would think that the heart needs some recovery too. Anyway they do have disclaimers and suggest if there is any health issues to do something else. I think if we need more of a recovery that we should take it.

Last edited:
Hello! Just finished the abs and upper body push pull premix from Muscle Max. Yesterday went to yoga class. Yesterday went to yoga. Now off to bed! =)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.