Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 2/18

Today was cardio and honestly, I really didn't feel like working out. So I chose a quick 30 minute kicboxing workout - I did Cathe's 4-Day Split Kickbox. It was ok, nothing too exciting. Had a little core work at the end but I'm not considering that to by my ab workout so I still need to work abs this week. I'll do that tomororw.

I also did the Bonus Stretch from Kelly-Coffey Meyer's Bootcamp workout. I like that stretch segment.

CARDIO STATS:
32 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
12 minutes in zone
13 minutes above zone
230 calories burned

Better then nothing I suppose. :D

Good Morning :rolleyes:

Bad morning for me, it all started with me NOT wanting to work out this morning. I just did not feel like it, but I went ahead and pushed, sometimes they end up being my bests w/o. Any who, decided to do Imax 3, but noooooo...., right into blast 2 the ploy jumps my knee broke:eek::eek:, not really broke but It felted like it. Okay, could I be to old? That’s what I walked away thinking. It still hurt a bit. Any suggestion?

Debbie-something is better than nothing, so way to go....I really need to check out that stretch segment.

Teddy-I would suggest some quad and hamstring stretching and some anti inflammatories (advil, aleve). Also, I have had it recommended to get mueller jump straps-you put them under your kneecap when you are doing crazy cardio...like Imax :D and it helps keep your patella in line.

Yesterday I did that Spartacus workout and it was killer. It was under 45 min and I was gassed at the end. We also adopted a dog yesterday. :eek: His name is Zane and he is 5 years old. He had the same energy level as Bella and he is sooooooo lovey. I just need to get him fattened up (which being a good Italian, I can make that happen). Bella is a little pissed but she is tolerating him to a certain extent. She has not had to share her people, space, or toys in about a year. I have no idea what workout I want to do today, but I'll be back later.

Linda - Ouch on the calves. I hope they feel better today. I know every time I do the calf work from GS Legs or 4DS Legs my calves hurt for at least a week. Looking forward to seeing what you did today. Cool how you and Char are doing this together.

Lora - I am not good at interviewing. In fact, I get really nervous and tongue-tied. But for some reason with this place I was calm and very confident. I really want the job so I guess that made all the difference.

Diane Sue - Nice workouts yesterday. How do your abs feel after doing both MMA KB & Boxing ab workouts? Are they sore?

Char - Hope you enjoy doing Insanity. I think you are all INSANE! :eek:

Teddygirl - Sorry to hear about your knee. I can't believe you chose Imax 3 on a day you didn't even feel like working out. Yikes!! Do what Theresa said, those bands work wonders for the knee.

Theresa - Congrats on Zane!!! Too cool! Where did you get him from? I hope Bella adapts. I'm sure she will but it will take time.

Last edited:
Thanks guys;), going to try the advil tonight. Debbie, I couldn't believe I chose Imax 3 either, wth was I thinking:eek: I have Imax 2 my favorite but it's old skool vhs...What I need to do this weekend is dusk my vcr off some of my favorite cardio workouts are on vhs.

I CAN NOT waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait :cool::eek: to get started with Meso2, gee! I tell you tho, this time going all the way no breaks. It will become my 8 week rotation.

Last edited:
Debbie-We got him from the German Shepherd rescue. Of all the males we looked at, he was the one who was concerned w/ the people and was MUCH more calm than some of the younger dogs. Bella is ok...she tries to play w/ him outside but I think he is still kind of in shock.

Teddy-I meant to say that I agree w/ Debbie. Imax 3 was a very ambitious choice for a ho-hum day :eek: but that is what makes you a maniac

I put some pictures up. I have not seen many Shepherds that are black like he is. He is very intimidating and he has a good bark to back it up.

Attachments

• zane1.jpg
    zane1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 9
  • zane2.jpg
    zane2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 9
I ended up not taking the girls to school this morning so got in a decent workout
icon_biggrin.gif
I started with STS disc 12, legs 54 minutes and burned 359 calories, then I did SC HiiT 30/30 27 minutes and burned 241 calories max HR 169. I then put in Jari's Body Rock and did the dance mix 28 minutes with w/up and stretch and surprisingly burned 212 calories max HR 153(must have been those last segments) I finished off with Kelly Coffey's 30 minutes Bootcamp bonus stretch 18 minutes 55 calories. Total calories today was 867

Teddy, I hope your knee is ok. Do you have plenty of padding under you when you are jumping? It stinks getting older sometimes. I have had some knee issues recently so have to be careful. Stretching and foam rolling help me.

Theresa, that is cool that you found the right dog. Mine does ok when I have dd's lab around but she wants to go after the neighborhood dogs. Really is embarrassing:eek:

Debbie, I felt like I needed that Kelly Coffey stretch this morning after the leg workout and HiiT. You know, I have done all 3 MMA'x and the Core Circuit segment and not had any soreness. That is why I went heavier with the weights. Still no soreness. It is hard to get them sore.

Theresa - He's a beautiful dog!!! I'm so glad you finally found one!

Diane Sue - I'm so glad you recommended that stretch. Kelly kind of gets on my nerves, but I like the stretch.

STS legs Meso 1 disc 12 weights:
squats+plie squats-26# dumbbells 16/16reps
4 point alternating lunges-BW
firewalkers- blue perform better loop
1 leg elevated lunges-27# 6 reps
deadlifts wide stance-36# dumbbells 15 reps
front lunge same leg-31# dumbbells 15 reps
squats- 31# dumbbells 16
calf raises-31# dumbbells 40reps
leg press-26# dumbbells 15 reps( I used two dumbbells)
one leg slide back lunge with gliding disc-26# dumbbells 16 reps
side slide lunges with gliding disc-26# 16 reps
stiff legged dead lift on platform-36# dumbbells 15 reps
wall squats double leg-16# dumbbells 8 reps
lateral step ups-16# dumbbells 15 reps
one leg sit and stands-10# 15 reps
squats narrow stance 36# dumbbells 15 reps
calf raises 36# dumbbells 40 reps
1 leg deadlift toes elevated-37# 12 reps
static low end lunge same leg 3/1- 26#dumbbells 12 reps (8 and 4 partials)
1 leg sit and slide with gliding disc-22# 15 reps
calf raises-36# dumbbells and 21# dumbbells (21 was to light so I repeated) 2 sets 34 reps
outer thigh lift on stability ball- 5# ankle weights
BW on all others- hamstring roll ins 16 reps, 1 leg hamstring roll ins 8,frog style roll ins 8, inner thigh squeeze 16 reps, glute squeeze 32 reps

DianeSue - Nice workout. Bet that felt good!

Debbie - Great job doing something when you didn't feel like it!

Teddy - Hope your knee is okay!

Theresa
- Congrats on the new addition. Our recent additions haven't been as huge, just two bunnies.

This morning was Insanity Cardio Recovery. And while it was a break from all the intense cardio it really had some intense bodyweight leg exercises my legs were on fire. Since this workout is shorter and not as intense I may use this day next week to add in some upper body weight work.

And as usual here is the review:

Today I’m reviewing the Insanity Cardio Recovery workout. This workout is scheduled once a week, it’s about 33 minutes long, and has NO Cardio. Even though there is no cardio, it’s still a sweatin good time.
clip_image001.gif

At the start of the DVD you get about a 3 minute warm up, staring with some good DEEP breaths, and some familiar warm up stretches. You move on to some plank work which is jump ins and outs increasing the number of jumps. After your plank work, you stretch for a few seconds in downward dog, and then on to stretching out your hamstrings.
With about 24 minutes left in the workout you start doing some deep muscle work, starting with 16 slow wide leg squats. The moves are nice and slow, and nice and deep. At the last squat, you stop and hold. While you hold this squat, you make some short “pulses”, 16 to be exactly. But you’re not done. Next you’ll move into a lunge on the left side, with the left leg forward. You start with some deep lunges, and at your last lunge, you stop and hold at the bottom. Nice burn in this hold position. After you hold the position, you do 16 pulses. You’ll repeat this same sequence on your right leg. In between your right and left leg, you do some more center wide position squats.
With about 15 minutes on the clock, you will start some Plie Yoga Stretches. Basically a wide center squat, but turn your feet outwards. Extend your arms straight out, and and lean to your left side, until your left hand rests on the floor, the right hand is straight up. Repeat on the right side.
The next exercise is called “Quad Strengtheners”. We have all seen the workout videos, where you are on the floor, with your hands and knees on the mat. You then extend one leg straight back, and you raise your leg up and down. Basically the same concept, but just a bit harder. Shaun T has you extend one leg back, but you also lift the other knee off the mat as well. Just and inch or two, but it really works your whole body and core, not just your legs. After you do each side, you will then use the same concept to work your obliques, by moving your knee to your shoulder, alternating on each side.
For about the last 8 minutes you do some yoga stretches, and final cool down stretches.
This workout is still going to be a workout, its just not the cardio intense workout like the other DVDs

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.