Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 2/17

Last night I did my foam roller and used my massage pillow and I woke up this morning with my left ITB band spasming. It hurt but once I was up and moving it went away. The muscle is still very tight. I wonder what happened? Maybe I finally loosened it enough to heal. I'm hoping that's what happened. I'll warm it tonight with my corn pillow and hopefully it will be ok.

Today was total body and I had an excellent workout.

3 sets of 8 reps with 1 minute rest between each set.

Leg Press Station - 175#
***Good weight here but probably could have gone heavier.

Stiff Leg Deads - 90#
***This was almost too heavy. Low back was really feeing it but it might have been due to the ITB Band.

Barbell Military Press - 55#
***This was challenging by the time I got to set 3. Almost didn't make the entire 8 reps.

Incline Dumbbell Curls - 25's
***Another good challenging weight. Last set was a struggle.

Barbell Rows - 60#/75#
***First set was way too easy. Went up and 75# was good.

Incline Barbell Press - 85#
***Again, another challenging weight. Last set was almost a struggle.

Getting ready to head to my 2nd interview and the test. I feel very prepared but can't help but worry they will ask for something I don't know. I will do my best, that's all I can do. I'll be back later to report how it went. Please say another prayer for me!

Debbie-After that monster workout, I don't think there anything that you cannot handle :D
The best advice that I ever received (which I should heed more often) is when in doubt, breathe and count to three. I think they ask the difficult questions in the beginning to weed through the goofballs, but I can see where you are coming from. Best of luck and prayers are on the way.....good luck. I know you will do great

No workout to report for me. I ate so crappy yesterday that I was sluggish, cranky, and pretty much useless. I watched some Olympics and you tube videos on TRX etc...I am going to try a Spartacus workout today that is 3 rounds of 50 sec work/10 sec break 2 min rest between rounds. It was on trainerjosh.com and Rachel Cosgrove developed it. Here is a question: On both the O eating plan I was on and the Rachel Cogrove book eating plan, neither allow the use of whole wheat products (except wheat bran); Does anyone know the reason? Is it not truly considered "clean"? B/c Tosca Reno's plan allows whole wheat products.

Here's the Spartacus Workout if anyone is intersted. Again it's 3 rounds of the 10 below listed exercises. Do each exercise for 50 sec and then rest 10. Take a 2 min break b/t rounds. Warm up for 5 min prior:

1. Goblet Squat (hold one db and squat. It seems like a modifed sumo dl)
2. mountain climbers
3. one arm kb swing (or db)-each arm for 25 sec
4. T push up (do a push up and then move around to a side plank, alternate sides)
5. split jump (jumping lunges)
6. double arm db row
7. side lunge w/ db (alternate sides or do 25 sec per side)
8. plank to one arm row (use an incline position if standard is too difficult-25 sec per arm)
9. db lunge w/ trunk rotation (alternate legs)
10. db push press w/ squat (basically squat w/ overhead shoulder press)

Sounds easy but I bet it's a killer

Debbie - Prayers said! Good Luck!

This morning was Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance. The resistance part being V-Pushups for the shoulders, pushups for chest and dips on floor for triceps. You do three rounds of the moving pushups which is were you are moving out to the side and you are suppose to go fast each round, but with my shoulder slow & steady is the way to go.

I think the thing that hurts the most on me is my calves, they are so sore.

Here is the review for Cardio Power & Resistance: Again I edited out the fluff comments:

Insanity Reviews: Cardio Power & Resistance. The workout is about 40 minutes in length. You get started with the typical Insanity warm up, which is unlike a normal warm up. It’s faster and more intense. The warm up is 3 rounds. Each round is about 3 minutes and 30 seconds. Each round is exactly the same, but each round has a faster pace, with the last round as fast as you can go. The warm up lineup is as follows:

• Jog.
  • Power Jacks. Like jumping jacks, but you hold each rep in a deep squat.
  • Log Jumps. Jump side to side as if jumping a obstacle in the center.
  • 123 Heisman. Moving 3 steps to the side then pull your knee in tight, then go back the opposite way.
  • Butt Kicks. Run in place, knees down, feet back.
  • High Knees. Run in place, knees high in the front.
  • Vertical Jump. Lower into a narrow squat, jump straight up and reach high, repeat.
You’ll then repeat a second and third round before you get your first water break, which is barely a break at all. 15 seconds, and you’re into the stretch.
The stretch is just under 7 minutes, and contains many of the same moves, if not all of them, from the first two Insanity Workouts.
After the warm up and stretch, you get into the main part of the workout which is about 21 minutes and 30 seconds. You start by doing 3 rounds which are identical. But as with the warm up, each round is more intense. Each round is about 2 minutes in length. The lineup:
· Power Jumps. With wide knees, you lower into a squat, then jump straight up. Bring your knees in high in the center, and touch your hands.
· Belt Kicks. I have always thought of these as Squat Kicks. Squat, then kick, alternate.
· Hit the Floor. Side to side lunges and touching the floor on each side.
· V Push Ups. So your heart rate is through the roof, and now you have a strength move, like push ups. You’re in a push up position, but you bring your feet in closer to your arms, forming a “V” with your butt in the air. Lower your head towards the floor and push up. You’re working your shoulders here, instead of your chest, as in a normal push up.
You’ve earned it, you get a water break. 30 quick seconds to get some water,and you’re back out on the floor for round 2. After round 3 and your water break, you do what Tony Horton often refers to as a “bonus move”, which is called “Tricep Dips”.
The Tricep Dips lasts 30 seconds, then you get another 30 second water break.
So now you have 3 more rounds, and there are 12 more minutes on the clock.

Round 1, 2, and 3 are all 2 minute in length, and consist of the following:

• Hurdle Jumps. Sprint in place, and then jump to side. Sprint, jump, keep going….
  • Globe Jumps. You have a wide stance, and you jump left, front, right, and center, and keep going until time is up.
  • Moving Push Ups. You do a push up, slide to the left, push up, move to the left. Then you go back to the right in the same fashion.
  • Floor Sprints.
After each round you get a 30 second water break. Like I said when I got to the second round and seen that there was 9 minutes left, I thought (hoped) we were on the last round. I summoned all my strength to finish strong. Imagine my “pleasant” surprise, when he said take a 30 second break, “1 more round!” But Shaun T wasn’t finished yet…..
We got a 15 second water break, and then he had one more move, not round, not 3 more sets, just ONE MORE move.

The last move was 8 hop squats, 8 wide push ups, and repeat for about a minute.
Now… we’re done. 3 minutes and 30 seconds on the cool down and stretch.

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did a couple Gilad Fit TV Total Body Sculpt workouts back to back. I added on a small cardio gliding segment at the end and a few more weighted movements to round out the workout. I did a Cathe stretch. Workout was 70" and I burned 430 calories. My glutes are sore from my workout the other day...weird, as I don't remember anything particularly different. Today's workout also really worked the legs and butt.

Linda - are you enjoying Insanity? I can't do them right now, as they aggravate my injury with all of those plank/floor jump type movements. If I do them, I have to modify....but I still get my HR up anyway.

Deb - good luck. You sound like a lot better interviewer than I!! I suck at Excel. Kudos to you! Sounds like it's in the bag!

Hi to everyone else. Have great workouts.

I overslept this morning. Woke before the alarm was supposed to go off and thought I set it to sleep another 20 minutes. . Anyway it ended up being another hour. So, I did not do the planned STS legs. I did Tracey's new Cardio Kickbox Challenge 58 minu and burned 447 calories Max HR was 161, then I did SC cardio core circuit functional core mix, MMA boxing abs, and Kickbox abs using 10# dumbbells where needed 25 minutes and 136 calories. workout was 83 minutes and total calories was 582. Still feeling dizzy and coughing. When I got up this morning my ribs and back hurt and I know it was coughing.

Debbie, sending prayers your way. Good luck on that test and interview. Sorry you are having tightness again.

Theresa, I think Rachel does allow some spelt pasta in her meal plans. It is a form of wheat. I think it is supposed to be more easily digested. I read up on it somewhere once. Will have to check again.
That Spartacus workout sounds like a good one:)

Lora, maybe you just hit things a little differently more or less reps?? That happens sometimes. I had sore legs today and I didn't do anything yesterday and the day before was STS back and triceps. Made no sense.

Linda, thanks for posting these reviews of Insanity. I am going to copy them off because I forget which workout has what till I start doing the. It would probably make a difference on what I pick to do:)

Thanks Everyone! It sure did help!

Test was a PIECE OF CAKE!

So much so that I'm sitting here second guessing myself. I double checked all my work, so I'm hoping I did it all right.

It was one page of 4 questions. The first two asked to allocate certain medical products in coded groups. The last two showed a picture of a check and asked which number was the routing number and which was the account number. Simple.

One sheet had all the medical stuff broken down into coded allocations to use with questions #1 and #2.

The third sheet was to set stuff up in Excel. Like "Shade E1-E13 with Yellow", or "put the total of #1 from your worksheet on A3. Simple simple stuff.

I asked when I'd hear back, she said a week. Probably means two. I have a good feeling. I did very well and she seemed pleased with what I did.

I'll be back later for personals. I'm backed up here at work now.

Debbie, that is great news:D

Theresa, I keep trying to find out about the wheat and no luck yet. Most fitness competitors seem to still eat some till close till competition. As far as the spelt. It seems it is a hybrid of wheat. Some sites call it wheat free. It has more protein and less fiber than regular wheat. Also if you try to make breads with it the gluten breaks down really quick.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Did the Cardio Plyo workout yesterday from Insanity. I thought the warmup was rather insane, to say the least. OMG!!!! After that, though I found it fun, but still challenging. I didn't do most of the stretching as it seem like that would really bother my knees with all those bends and in strange ways. I did the 4 pushups moves slowly and paused the video. That is something I am not doing super fast and I never did pushups fast to begin with...everything else I can do fast.

Today is what Linda did...the Cardio Power Resistance...Thanks, Linda for the update...neat to get on here and get an update of what is ahead of me before I do it. LOL! Great job!

Diane Sue and Theresa...I responded to your post on FB.

Debbie,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I hope all that tension works its way out soon...you may also be worrying too much about the interviews and holding tension in there..could be. Don't worry...just go with the flow...I bet you get what you want soon. It is time. You have hung in there awhile now...it will break.

Hey Guys,

This morning, I did KPC. My eating been really bad allllllllll weekend I tell I when my grandchildren comes always seem to slip. Have a great evening all, check in tomorrow.

Buttercup78 – Don’t even mention eating crappy and being sluggish I swear I have got you beat:mad::eek:

Debbie – Yay :D :D:D;)

Diane: You probably needed the rest, huh! ;)

Linda - Awesome work :rolleyes:

And to everyone else hello:)

I think I need to roll out my calves tonight. OUCH!:p:p:p

Lora - Hard to say if I LIKE Insanity yet, but I am determined to give it a go!

Debbie - WooHoo on the test! I am so excited for you!

DianeSue
- Sorry you still are feeling Blah! I am saving those reviews myself for future reference when I just want to add the dvds into whatever.

Char - I agree with you on the slow pushups, fast pushups for me are an accident waiting to happen. Glad you like the preview of the workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.