Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 2/16

Today was Leg day again. Legs are still sore from the last leg workout but I was able to get through this ok. Had a pretty decent workout.

1 minute rest between each set.

LEGS
Squats:
65# - 15/15 (warmup)
75# - 10
80# - 10
85# - 10

Bulgarian Split Squats:
3 risers + platform
65# - 10
70# - 10 (up 1 rep)
75# - 10 (up 2 reps)
***I have a love/hate thing with this exercise.

Dumbbell Reverse Lunges:
25's - 10/10/10
***Lowered weight for this one. Legs were getting really tight.

Elevated Deadlifts:
70# - 10
75# - 10
80# - 10
***Hamstrings still very tight and sore. This just hurt.

CALVES
Skipped
***Calves still very tight and sore. Didn't want to double that pain.

Then I got on my treadmill and did Cardio Coach #3. Did pretty well with it.

Cardio only stats:
33 minutes
2 minutes below zone
13 minutes in zone
19 minutes above zone
284 calories burned
1.8 miles travelled

That is all...

Hi Debbie! I love that leg workout. :)

Legs workout here today too- GS Legs, my 4th time this month. I have really enjoyed using this once a week- I felt like I saw some nice improvements this way. I don't have my sheet in front of me, let's see what I remember...

Squats: 3 sets of 16, plus bonus / 80#
Front Lunges: 2 sets, plus bonus / 15s
Rear Lunges: 2 sets / 15s
Plie Squats: 2 sets, including pulses / 70#
Leg Press Band: 2 sets / purple band and 5 risers
Deadlift toes elevated: 75#
Deadlift on platform: 75#
Slow Motion Lunges: 12s
Calf Raises: No weight
Floorwork: Did all and used purple band

I used my Versa Gripps today for the deadlifts and wow did that help! It didn't hurt my arm joints! Hooray!

Then I did 2 segments from Tracey's Core Blast and one CTX cardio- all step. I burned 751 calories from GS Legs and the core work and 257 from the step and the stretch.

I ate entirely too much this weekend. :mad: I was doing so well and then, NOT. It always happens when I get stressed out and tired and although it was a good weekend, it was also very busy. Oh well, moving on- my eating has overall improved quite a bit so no point in beating myself up over it. I just am back on track.

Have a great day maniacs!

I did STS disc 7, chest, shoulders and bicepes and then medicine ball abs. My eating was a little off this weekend too, Patti. Did not even get on the scale. Like you said back on track. Have not posted my meals yet.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Not working out for now. Last day of working out was last Thursday. My body still needs more time to heal. My neck is not so bad, but something is still off in that area that is causing my right shoulder to hurt and then it goes down the right arm too so I know I need to wait and let all of this heal before I continue my workouts or I will be set back even longer. I might have to start all over when I do workout again and maybe not be able to lift as much. Sad. I'll see how it goes and maybe by end of this week..who knows?

don't push it

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Not working out for now. Last day of working out was last Thursday. My body still needs more time to heal. My neck is not so bad, but something is still off in that area that is causing my right shoulder to hurt and then it goes down the right arm too so I know I need to wait and let all of this heal before I continue my workouts or I will be set back even longer. I might have to start all over when I do workout again and maybe not be able to lift as much. Sad. I'll see how it goes and maybe by end of this week..who knows?

Char, take it if you need it. Not worth it..I screwed up my back and was off..I am not lifting any where as heavy..Not worth the injury.. And the flexeril drug me up.
Did you try getting a deep tissue massage? May help..

My tri's are still burning from yesterday..
I am going to do STS disk 6 Legs and a 20 min bike..
My legs finally unthawed from last leg work out..
I am planning on doing the workouts back to back for meso 1 since it is splits..
Then repeating it then going on to 2..
And the disks go faster when you have to skip chest work. LOL.. I can do light bench and flys, but no push ups for me..

I have the bands for pull ups .The Susanne Sommers gym. I just doubled them. Clipped 2 bands in 1 .Gives a decent amount resistence..

Someone needs to kick my arse to the basement. I had some eggs and settling before i go down.
Tonite is late night at work...

Char, take it if you need it. Not worth it..I screwed up my back and was off..I am not lifting any where as heavy..Not worth the injury.. And the flexeril drug me up.
Did you try getting a deep tissue massage? May help..

My tri's are still burning from yesterday..
I am going to do STS disk 6 Legs and a 20 min bike..
My legs finally unthawed from last leg work out..
I am planning on doing the workouts back to back for meso 1 since it is splits..
Then repeating it then going on to 2..
And the disks go faster when you have to skip chest work. LOL.. I can do light bench and flys, but no push ups for me..

I have the bands for pull ups .The Susanne Sommers gym. I just doubled them. Clipped 2 bands in 1 .Gives a decent amount resistence..

Someone needs to kick my arse to the basement. I had some eggs and settling before i go down.
Tonite is late night at work...

Anne,

Got the deep tissue massage and it hurt like hell,but I needed it. I think I may just do yoga this week, meditate..have more sex and get everything flowing good. lol.

Morning Ladies - here is my workout for today.

Chest
bench press – 3x10 – 20# DBs
Incline bench press – 3x10 – 20# DBs
Incline DB Flyes – 3X10 – 20# DBs

Shoulders
Arnold Press 3x10 – 15# DBs
Bent over rows 3x10 10# DBs
Lateral Raises 3x10 10# DBs

Triceps
Station dips 3 x 10 – very hard!!
Lying extensions 3/10 – 10# DBs
Kick backs – 3x10 10# DBs

20 minutes cardio drills. I did 100 jumping jacks, some fast feet shuffle, some bunny hops, plyos, etc.

Have a great day everyone.

Disk 6

Ok, i am fried. I started out with weights and about half way through put them down... I am not going to walk tomorrow.. Muscles still aren't primed back totally.
At least i made it through..
Well have great day all. I have to go to work..

Hey Peeps!

How the heck are you all? Well, Char, I know how you are. Bummer girl. :( I hope you heal soon.

I'm sorry I haven't had time to post. Work is NUTSO! Been working on so many summer camps my head is spinning. But the good news is that I got enough instructors for my BIG camp this summer so I'm super happy about that! That's always my big stressor.

By the time I get on here to try to post something there are usually THREE pages of posts so I just don't even try. :( I can't keep up with you gals anymore. You're so chatty. :p That coming from ME!

I had more progress pics taken yesterday. I've been trying to do some weekly so I can keep track of where I'm at on my journey. It's really helped me to stay focused and it helps me to eat so much better too. It's amazing really. I don't miss workouts and I keep the junk out of my mouth except on the weekends when I have planned cheats. My pics are on picturetrail in the workout album and also on bodybuilding.com (I'm suzmax there too - I have a BodySpace profile). I'm a HUGE DORK when it comes to posing, but I keep it interesting. :p

The BIG news...I'm almost up to 116 pounds!!!!! I'm sooooo happy about that! I feel like it's all muscle (well, except for a little fat on the back of my legs, but I'm working on that).

That's about all I have to report. I miss you guys. I wish I had more time to chat but I'm trying to keep my program at work thriving b/c the cuts they will be doing are with under-performing programs. Mine is far from that, but I want to be sure I stay that way! ;)

Good Morninng, todays workout was STS disc 7 chest, shoulders and biceps. This took me 8 minutes longer than the 55 minutes because of pauses to get my stuff. I burned 375 calories. Then I did a walk jog on the treadmill keeping it between 4.5 and 5 mph pace for 43 minutes and I traveled 3 miles. I burned 378 calories. I added the STS extended stretch and did some extra stretching for shoulders using my yoga strap. Total calories burneed today was 825. I made the Muscle Chow apple walnut protein pancakes for breakfast. Funny this recipe does not mention apples in it anywhere but the name. I just spread 2 Tablespoons of applesauce on the two pancakes that I ate. They were really good. I used oatbran flour in place of the 1/2 cup whole grain pastry flour. I have my dental check up and some shopping to do. I want to hit the nutrition center to see if I can find some Hain featherweight baking powder. It is not supposed to have salt in it.

Last edited:
Morning Maniacs! Today is a rest day, as was the whole weekend! My husband is working on our bikes in the basement and there is just no room. He has upgraded most of my mountain bike components and is almost done putting together my road bike. I'm still waiting for parts for that. Should be a fun spring for me.:cool:

Thanks you all for wishing me a Happy Birthday yesterday. I really appreciated it. I'm 46 now, and it's bothering me. But, I had a great day and just lounged around and wallowed in my own oldness.:p

The last of my Valentines cookies just entered my mouth (yum!) and that's a relief in it's own right!!

I've got tons to do today...lot's of e-baying, so I won't be on much.

Just want to say great workouts everyone!

Char- I feel for ya girl..Injuries are not fun.

Suz- I'm off to check out the progress pics.:cool:

Morning Maniacs! I have the day off! Yea! But I got up early and did 20 minutes HIIT. We joined a gym....just wanted to be able to mix it up and try some different exercises. It's only 5 minutes from house so won't be too inconvienent.

Will be heading there later today and will be doing Back and Chest.

Back
Chin-ups
Pull-Ups
Bent Over BB Rows
Iso Low Rows

CHEST
Incline BB Press
Hammer Strength Decline Press
Incline Flyes
Cable Crossovers

Debbie...Wow! Impressive weights...especially for the bulgarian split!
Patti...You are lifting very heavy with legs. Nice job!
Char...Hope you get better soon. Like your plan for the week though! ;):D
Diane Sue...Looked through the Muscle Chow...there are soooo many recipes I want to try! They all look so good!

Meals for today (high carb day)
M1: 5 egg white+1 egg yolk, 1/2 cup oats, blueberries
M2: Protein Shake, apple, 1 cup raspberries
M3: 5 oz. chicken, 2oz. brown rice
M4: Surge drink
M5: 4 oz. fish, 1 grapefruit
M6: Protein shake and salad w/veggies
Calories: 1780, Carbs:210, Fat:26, Protein:170

Hope everyone has a great day!

Dallys - I missed your birthday. I'm sorry! So HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope you had a great day.

Suz - You look absolutely phenominal! Very nice progress you are making!

Dallys: I missed your birthday too- sorry about that! Happy belated birthday- glad you enjoyed it!

Suz: You are looking terrific! You can really tell how hard you are working. Glad things are going well at work, even if you are too busy to play with us. :p

Charlotte: Oh man, bummer about the injury. Hey, you have the right attitude by resting and doing only what you can. You are smart to listen to your body. The weights will be there when you're ready.

Sonya: Oh, a gym membership! How fun. I wish I could but can't with the kids being so little. I just can't put them in gym daycare- the germs freak me out. And wow on your V-Day present! I presently carry a Target bag that usually has spare diapers and wipes, along with boxes of raisins in it. :eek: I miss nice handbags- maybe someday...

Hi to Anne, Ally and Diane Sue!

I need to go make my grocery list so I can make some Muscle Chow this week! :)

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DALLYS!!!!!!!!!!

And 46 isn't so bad! You're 6 months behind me. Just a baby. And you look awesome! Plus, look at all the things we can do at "our age". :p

Sonya: Oh, a gym membership! How fun. I wish I could but can't with the kids being so little. I just can't put them in gym daycare- the germs freak me out. And wow on your V-Day present! I presently carry a Target bag that usually has spare diapers and wipes, along with boxes of raisins in it. :eek: I miss nice handbags- maybe someday...

Patti... You're funny! Yeah, DS is 16 so he can pretty much care for himself.....not saying it gets easier as they get older because teenagers bring on a whole new set of issues! :) LOL! He got a free membership at the gym we joined through the athletic prgram at the high school. So we get to workout together. Pretty cool.

Yeah, I was pretty stoked but I remember those days of my purse being filled with diapers and binkies! Enjoy them! :) They truly do go by way tooooooo fast!

Off to the gym...catch ya all later!

FOODS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries & banana (pre workout)
M2: Same as M1 but no banana (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats; 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Cashew Butter Chicken Stew; Clementine
M5: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/4 c. oats
M6: Parmesan Crusted Talapia; salad (maybe) w/lite Italina dressing; Zone bar
M7: 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, 1 tbsp. parm cheese

1880 calories
62 g. fat - 30%
171 g. protein - 36%
166 g. carbs - 35%

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.