Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 12/29

Morning everyone!!! Hope you all had a great Christmas!

Today was a combo of Pyramid work with Muscle Max work. This is what I did:

CHEST
Pyramid Chest Work:
Dumbbell Flyes: 20's/25'/30's
Dumbbell Press: 20's/25'/30's
***Took a bit longer rest then Cathe did.

Muscle Max Chest Work:
Pushups: 2 sets/12 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 25's - 12 reps
***These were suppose to be done on a flat bench but I wanted to do inclines since the Pyramid workouts were flat bench.
Dumbbell Flyes w/Inner Squeeze: 20's - 10 reps
***I love this exercise.
Pushups: 8 reps with a 4/4 ct. then 2 singles.
***These killed.

TRICEPS
Pyramid Tricep Work:
Kickbacks: 10's/12's/15's
Overhead Presses: 20#/25#/30#
***Again, I took a little longer break then Cathe did.

Muscle Max Tricep Work:
Seated Overhead Extension: 25# - 10 reps
ss w/
Dips: 4 slow/10 fast
***Repeated this. Got a great burn.

Kickback w/Band: Purple
***These really burned and she does an insane amount of reps.

ABS
Pyramid Upper Body Ab Work
***I really hate this ab workout. Probably because I can't do it all the way through. The pykes kill me.

That is all....

Morning Maniacs! This morning I plan to hang with Sean and do a Cardio Coach workout. Not sure which one yet. Will report later. Yesterday I did Lauren Brooks Joint Mobility warmup followed by the 40 min. Sculpting and Conditioning section. I loved this! Had so much fun and felt I got a great workout.

Workout went like this:

Joint Mobility Warmup (approximately 6 minutes)

40-Minute Workout

Round 1:
Suitcase deadlift 18#kb
2 handed swings 18#kb
1 min rest

Round 2:

1-arm row 26#kb
Alternating swings (1 minute) 18#kb
1 min rest
Repeat rounds 1 and 2

Round 3:
Front Squat 26#kb
Clean and Press 18#kb
1 min rest

Round 4:
Tricep Pushups (using perfect pushup stands)
Squat Thrusts
Overhead Swings (1 minute) 18#kb
1 min rest
Repeat rounds 3 and 4

Round 5:
Back Lunges 18#kb and valslides
Alternating cleans 18#kb
Mountain Climbers valslides
1 min rest

Round 6:

High Pull, catch, Squat 18#kb

2-Handed Swing and Alternating swings 18#kb
1 min rest
Repeat rounds 5 and 6

Round 7:
Abdominal work consisting of pullover to crunch 10# db
Russian twist 18#kb

Debbie- Your new rotation looks great! I'm sure lots of people with love it! You do such a good job putting them together and you can tell you put a lot of thought into it.

I finished my workout. Need to run to Target to get ink for the printer. Today I am going to re-organize my workout room and clean out those closets.
Today I switched it up and did Kettlebells instead of strength #1. I will do that tomorrow. I did Kettlebell Way2 Empire State repeating round 1, then Amy Bento's Step challenge 3 abs #1&2 and stretch. I burned 722 calories 45% fat
I did jogging in place during the 1 minutes rests. I just noticed that they suggested that a person could forward to the next round and skip the breaks. That would definitely shorten the duration of the workout.
Workout went like this:
Joint mobility disc 2
W/up round mountain climbers no weight,russian twist 15#, chest press 2 15's
round 1 swings 15#,half get up 15#, suitcase row 2 20's (repeated this round
round 2 lunge cocktail 20#, side plank no weight, super plank no weight
round 3 squat 20#(anthony used 2 kb's), bottom windmill 15#(anthony uses two here but I didn't want to stress my shoulder holding the second kettlebell up) crush curl 25#
round 4 1 leg deadlift to row 2 15's, janda sit up no weight, tricep extension 25#
round 5 overhead lunge 15#, figure 8 hold 20#, clean and press 20#(anthony used 2 kb's here on clean and press)
6 suitcase deadlift 2 20#, punch matrix no weight, side snatch 15#
7 hand to hand sumo 35#, pullover to sit up get up 25#, hot potato 15#
8 super burpee 15#, banana roll no weight, tricep push ups no weight
bonus round 4 minutes snatch

Amy's abs with kettlebell I used 15,20 and 25 kettlebells
Medium tubing on abs 2

Last edited:
Morning, first day of Phase 2 TT for Abs. I think my abs might really look great after this if I can only get the fat off of them!:p:p:p:p Really, no more excuses. I really want to go look into the carpal tunnel surgery.

Will be interesting to see what kind of DOMS I end up with any.

Superset A
DB Reverse Lunge
8/8/8 - 30's
Decline Spiderman Pushups (done on perfect pushups)
8/8/8 ***was suppose to be 12/12/12 but that wasn't happening using those handles, kinda wish they had a locking position***

Superset B
Pull-up w/ Knee up
4/4/4 ***was suppose to be 6/6/6, maybe next time***
Stability Ball Leg Curl
20/20/20 ***Could barely walk at end of third set***

Superset C
Ab Wheell Roll Out
10/10/10
Stability Ball X-Body Mountain Climbers (Hands on Ball)
10/10/10 per side
Straight Arm Side Plank
30 sec. hold x 3

Then interval cardio at a 30/90 ratio for six rounds using Blast 9 from IMAX 2.

Dallys - Nice workout! How are you liking the KB workouts? Notice any good results?

Linda - I know what you mean about the eating. I'm getting back on track TODAY! I can't believe how much junk I've eaten the last week. I'm disgusted with myself. Can't say I didn't enjoy it, though. ;) Nice workout, girl!

Diane Sue - Another amazing workout. You are full of energy as alwasy!

Dallys - Nice workout! How are you liking the KB workouts? Notice any good results?

Yesterday was my first real workout with kb's. I've mostly been practicing getting some form down. I was a bit upset that I wasn't sore anywhere, but now, I am sore (a good DOMS sore) ALL OVER (It just started hitting me about an hour ago). Places in my back and shoulders and legs and arms and core...everywhere. Muscles I didn't know I had are talkin' to me! They are so fun, I bet that you would really like them. They just make you feel all tough and cool and stuff.:p I think you could get results pretty fast with these. Oh, and did I mention how much fun they are?:D

Linda- Great workout! Can't wait till you start with the kbs, darnit!

Diane Sue- Another great workout! I know you are liking the kb's.:) I'm thinking you doubled the workout I did.:p

Can you believe Suz rescued a new Boston Terrier and didn't tell us! The nerve.:D

Last edited:
Yesterday was my first real workout with kb's. I've mostly been practicing getting some form down. I was a bit upset that I wasn't sore anywhere, but now, I am sore (a good DOMS sore) ALL OVER (It just started hitting me about an hour ago). Places in my back and shoulders and legs and arms and core...everywhere. Muscles I didn't know I had are talkin' to me! They are so fun, I bet that you would really like them. They just make you feel all tough and cool and stuff.:p I think you could get results pretty fast with these. Oh, and did I mention how much fun they are?:D

Linda- Great workout! Can't wait till you start with the kbs, darnit!

Diane Sue- Another great workout! I know you are liking the kb's.:) I'm thinking you doubled the workout I did.:p

Can you believe Suz rescued a new Boston Terrier and didn't tell us! The nerve.:D

Interesting on the KB workouts. They just don't do anything for me when I've researched them. Maybe one of these days I'll break out of my comfort zone and try them. I'll be interested in hearing about your progress.

LMAO on Suz! Yea, how dare her!!!!! :eek:

OMG! There was a double homicide two doors down from us!!!!!!!!!! THIS JUST DOES NOT HAPPEN IN OUR SMALL TOWN AND DEFINTELY NOT IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD! Not sure exactly what happened. A man lived there with his girlfriend and her two kids but the house went up for sale about 3 months ago and we have seen the man a few times at the house moving some things (at least that's what it looked like) DH said he saw two women and kids on Saturday (don't know if was girlfriend) Anways, get a knock on door this morning...officer to ask questions and he said they found male/female body dead in the house!!!!!!!! DH walked over to see if we can get out (we live in a court and they have the road taped off) and he said the bodies are in the doorway of house! Since DH is retired PO I'm sure he'll get the scoop. Wondering if it is murder/suicide since they were definetly having financial problems!.....Kinda creepy when it happens that close to home!

Planning on taking DS to mall and I need to go to Vitamin Shoppe. Will do my workout later today!

Dally's....nice workout! You'll get the "swing" of things w/the KB's soon I'm sure. Diane Sue's w/outs always intrigue me.

Linda...abs are my body part to focus on this month too! ...and glutes.

Debbie...looking forward to January's rotation. I got great results from December's. Thanks! I really appreciate you taking the time to put these together! I can't believe you broke down PS series for everyone on the other forum. That takes alot of time! I know everyone appreciates it! PS was one of my first Cathe dvd's. It's a good one...can't wait to use it in this rotation!

I ordered Muscle Max, Kick, Punch and Crunch, Low Max and Step Blast.....just to add to my collection :)

bbl to post workout.....

I created and posted a December pics album. I'll keep taking more as I progress until my goal date of March 10th! I'll have to learn how to do some poses instead of just flexing my biceps :p

Sonya- OMG! That's unbelievable! Keep us posted on the story. I can't imagine something happening like that on my street. :eek: Your pictures look great by the way. You have some nice definition going on in your abs and arms!:cool:

Debbie- I wasn't interested in kb's at all either...until, I saw some guys using them at a park. I thought Now that looks way cool. Then Diane Sue had to go get some and then Linda and Teddy(?) and Shana etc.... it was all over from there.:p

OMG! There was a double homicide two doors down from us!!!!!!!!!! THIS JUST DOES NOT HAPPEN IN OUR SMALL TOWN AND DEFINTELY NOT IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD! Not sure exactly what happened. A man lived there with his girlfriend and her two kids but the house went up for sale about 3 months ago and we have seen the man a few times at the house moving some things (at least that's what it looked like) DH said he saw two women and kids on Saturday (don't know if was girlfriend) Anways, get a knock on door this morning...officer to ask questions and he said they found male/female body dead in the house!!!!!!!! DH walked over to see if we can get out (we live in a court and they have the road taped off) and he said the bodies are in the doorway of house! Since DH is retired PO I'm sure he'll get the scoop. Wondering if it is murder/suicide since they were definetly having financial problems!.....Kinda creepy when it happens that close to home!

Planning on taking DS to mall and I need to go to Vitamin Shoppe. Will do my workout later today!

Dally's....nice workout! You'll get the "swing" of things w/the KB's soon I'm sure. Diane Sue's w/outs always intrigue me.

Linda...abs are my body part to focus on this month too! ...and glutes.

Debbie...looking forward to January's rotation. I got great results from December's. Thanks! I really appreciate you taking the time to put these together! I can't believe you broke down PS series for everyone on the other forum. That takes alot of time! I know everyone appreciates it! PS was one of my first Cathe dvd's. It's a good one...can't wait to use it in this rotation!

I ordered Muscle Max, Kick, Punch and Crunch, Low Max and Step Blast.....just to add to my collection :)

bbl to post workout.....

I created and posted a December pics album. I'll keep taking more as I progress until my goal date of March 10th! I'll have to learn how to do some poses instead of just flexing my biceps :p

Sonya, that is so scary! Please keep us updated on it. Wow. Something very similar to that happened around here - two people who both lost their jobs and committed suicide in their basement. Very sad.

It took me over an hour to type all that out for the PS workouts. I hope someone will follow it at least. LOL! Cool on you ordering all those DVD's! You'll love them all!

I'll check out your pics shortly.

EDITED: Sonya, I checked out your pics. Very nice. Your abs are amazing!!! Nice work! I also love your hair style!

It's heeeerrrreeeee!!! Providence!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sonya - That is just scary!!! Great pics by the way, you look awesome!!

Dallys - The DOMS is just h
itting you now from yesterday's workout? Okay, I am scared!;)

And how dare Suz not tell us she got a new dog!

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

Okay...I didn't say anything about Chewie YET because I haven't done my workout YET. And the past few times that I have come on here and said I'm going to do my workout then I don't end up doing it. So I thought I was jinxing myself! So I was waiting until...well nevermind what I was waiting for because I'm not going to say it.

Anyway, isn't he the cutest? You can go read all about him and see his pics in OD. He's sleeping on the couch right now.

GREAT workouts as always everyone.

Linda - I'm so happy you're going to check into surgery.

Debbie - I hope you enjoy your new rotation!

Sonya - NICE PICS!!!!!!! I can't believe there was a double homicide two doors down from you. How scary. I hope your DH finds out what happens. You'll have to let us know. This time of year is so rough for so many people.

Diane Sue - Do you ever run out of energy? Awesome workout!

Dallys/Tattletale - I'm glad you're enjoying your kettlebells. Especially after all of the mind games and returning, etc. :p

Okay, not telling you what I'm going to do now. :p

It's heeeerrrreeeee!!! Providence!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dallys - The DOMS is just heitting you now from yesterday's workout? Okay, I am scared!;)

The Lauren Brooks workout I did is supposed to be easier than Providence too! I hope my Providence/Newport come soon. I think I ordered right after you. I'm real scared, especially of Newport! You'll probably think they are easier because you are much stronger than I am.:)

Suz- I'm supposed to be doing my worko... opps, not gonna say either, lol, but I keep coming back here. Come push me down the basement and I'll push you!

Dallys - Providence just arrived for me and it was post marked 12/27. So I would think you would see yours in a day or two.

Man - I am gone a couple of weeks and everyone is on the KB bandwagon! Debbie - they ARE fun! ;) I was scared to death of them too but what a nice change they are.

Today was the first day of the Jan rotation - I had been messing around with the KBs, then Christmas came around...and all that goes with that so I am happy to be back in the swing of things. I got workouts in but not like normal. Honestly, though, the break from the same old same old was nice.

Sonya - how scary. At least it sounds like it was a personal thing rather than random.

Dallys - funny about the KBs. I was holding out too but could do it no longer! Now I own all of the AOS DVDs (thanks to their sale) and need to up my KB weights. I think I'm going to go with the Perform Better ones. What brand did you get? I currently have Everlast but don't care for them now that I understand the workouts better. There is not enough room b/w handle and bell part for some of the moves. And do you like the Lauren Brooks? I keep watching the clip and wondering...

Dallys - funny about the KBs. I was holding out too but could do it no longer! Now I own all of the AOS DVDs (thanks to their sale) and need to up my KB weights. I think I'm going to go with the Perform Better ones. What brand did you get? I currently have Everlast but don't care for them now that I understand the workouts better. There is not enough room b/w handle and bell part for some of the moves. And do you like the Lauren Brooks? I keep watching the clip and wondering...

I have Apollo Kettlebells. I got them (18 and 26 lbers) at Play it again sports. I really like the Lauren Brooks DVD, but then I can't compare it to anything because it's the only one I've tried. People seem to really like it though. Here is a clip of reviews of different kb's. Lauren Brooks is in it at the end and swings them all and says her favorite is the Apollo. http://video.aol.com/video-detail/garage-gym-store-kettlebell-review/2220641014/?icid=VIDURVSPR03

Okay you all are definetly peaking my interst with KB. I have viewed some of the websites Diane Sue has posted and I hear people get some great results from them so I guess I will just wait and see what you all think. Maybe when I'm done with STS I will consider KB's...we shall see!

Thanks for the compliments on the pics. I am working really hard....thanks to Debbie's awesome rotations! Appreciate the kind words on the abs but I think I can do better so I will be working hard on them this month! I am going to follow phase II of BFFM nutriton plan... moderate carbs with calorie tapering and carb cycling. We shall see.

Here's today's workout...
I don’t have Muscle Max (it’s on order) so I just followed Debbie’s print out except didn’t know what Inner Squeezes were so just did Incline DB flyes. Also for tricep band work did 4DS BC exercises.
CHEST
Pyramid Chest Work:
Dumbbell Flyes: 15's/20'/25's—added in extra set of 6 reps w/ 25’s
Dumbbell Press: 15's/20'/25's-added in extra set of 6 reps w/25’s
Muscle Max Chest Work:
Pushups: 2 sets/12 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 25's - 12 reps
***These were suppose to be done on a flat bench but I wanted to do inclines since the Pyramid workouts were flat bench.
Dumbbell Flyes w/Inner Squeeze: 20's - 10 reps
*just did incline flyes
Pushups: 8 reps with a 4/4 ct. then 2 singles.
***Tough!
TRICEPS
Pyramid Tricep Work:
Kickbacks: 10's/12's/15's…for the record I hate kickbacks! J But do them anyways!
Overhead Presses: 20#/25#/30#
Muscle Max Tricep Work:
Seated Overhead Extension: 25# - 10 reps
Dips: 4 slow/10 fast
***Repeated this. Got a great burn.
Kickback w/Band: Yellow--*did 4DS BC band exercise
ABS
Pyramid Upper Body Ab Work...not my favorite so I did my own ab workout. Went through all exercise then repeated 2 more times.
Hanging Leg Raises (straight leg) 15/12/10
Bench V-ups 15/12/10
Bench Reverse Curls 15/12/10
Froggy Crunches 50/50/50
Oblique Crunch(1st set) 25 -Side Crunch (2nd set) 25 –Bicycle (3rd set) 50

Update on the tragedy in the hood.....So I am just about finished w/ my ab work and the doorbell rings. The Officer mentioned the detectives may come to question so I thought it might be them....when I opened the door to my suprise it was Channel 3 news! :eek: Oh great! They start to ask questions then want to put it on TV. I asked them if they would mind if I put the dog in the backyard and grab a jacket...I'm peeking around the door in my workout clothes. Of course I had to put a little powder, mascara and lipgloss on too...thank God my hair wasn't too messed up (but the great thing about spiky hair is you really can't tell when it's mesed up!) :D They asked the basic questions....did i know my neighbors, did I ever hear them fight, was their home in floreclosure. Apparently it was a murder/suicide. The girlfriends sister found them this morning. The girlfriend has two kids. Tragic :(

Suz....gonna check out Chewie's pics.

Hi again...and NO I haven't worked out yet:eek:. But, I have an excuse (kinda)...my Chalene Extremes came and I want to get right to reading. The packaging on this kit is amazing. There are 2 nice books that are real books, not just a flimsy brochure type and there is a purple band and fat caliper and the DVD's came in a nice hard foldout holder. As far as I can see it looks like mine are scratch free.

Sonya- Gosh, that's such a sad story about your neighbors. Those poor kids. I'm sure you looked fine (I would have panicked) when the cops came to your door.

Teddy- Can't wait til you get your CLX's. When are you going to start? I want to read through everything a really give this a go.:) Maybe I can throw a kb workout in here and there.

I have been busy with my grandchildren all day. I started to work on my workout room. Got my exercise bike in but have a lot of organizing that I need to do with my space. I got the bike from my dd. She was going to get rid of it. She uses her eliptical all of the time and didn't use the bike. I messed with the settings a little yesterday.

Dallys, I used the Lauren Brooks dvd a couple of times. I had borrowed it from a friend. I do think it is a good workout. I like the AOS ones better though. I may get is sometime in the future. I am anxious to see how you like Chalene Extreme. Glad they don't appear scratched. I bet you can figure out a way to work some kettlebells in there too:)

Linda, glad you finally got Providence. They must have messed up if it was shipped the 27th. I remember them saying they started their 12 days sales early so they would have time to get them out for Christmas.

Sonya, that must have been strange finding that happening at a neighbor's home. Funny though, we just don't know what is going on in other peoples lives around us. I checked your pictures and you look great. You are doing a wonderful job. Can tell you have been good with the diet too;)

Suz, I am going to have to go check out Chewie. Do the other dogs like their new friend?

Shana, good to have you back. All of my kettlebells are the GoFit ones. I have a friend that has more than one kind and she seems to really like the Muscle Driver Black ones. I understand the handles are 1 1/2 inch. Not sure what I will get when I want to get more. I think I would like a 30# to have between my 25 and 35.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.