Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 12/18

Morning everyone!

What a workout!

This morning was 4DS Legs and the floor work from Butts & Guts. Killer workout.

LEGS
Round 1
Squats (warmup): 50# - lots of reps and different counts

Front Squats w/wedge: 60# - 2 sets/12 reps
***My right knee was bugging me a little with this exercise.

Dumbbell Deadlifts: 25's - 2 sets/different reps and counts

Round 2
Dumbbell Plie Squats: 35# - 1 sets/16 reps; 40# - 1 set/16 reps

Leg Press: 25# - 2 sets/12 reps
***I really don't like this exercise but it is effective.

Round 3
Low Plain Lunges: 15's - 2 sets/10 reps
***These burned like crazy! This is the only exercise in the 4DS series that Cathe doesn't say what weight she's using.

Leg Press w/Ankle Weights: 20# DB & 5# AW - 2 sets/12 reps
***I hate these.

Round 4
Step Outs w/Purple Band the repeated and did it with my Silver Band
***Didn't feel these at all so I did them again.

Squats: 60# - tons of reps w/different counts
***Got a great burn with this

Then I did the Butts & Guts floor work but I don't have the breakdown in front of me. I used 5# ankle weights through the entire workout. This is one freakin' hard floor work series.

Didn't have time to do the calf work from 4DS. I still need to do abs so I may do abs and calves tonight if I get home early enough.

That is all....

Good Morning :D

This morn, I did KPC :) I used Cathe's weighted gloves and I felted that, realll good.

Debbie: Nice job! ;)

I have been completely off on my postings! Keeping up with workouts though -

My only little hiccup came Tuesday with the arrival of AOS Providence and my impatience - I did that workout instead of cardio. It is really starting to set in...so much fun and apparently, quite effective :eek:

Can't believe school is out tomorrow. Christmas is a week from today!! I need time to slow down.

Debbie - I'm so glad to see your face! I've seen abs, arms, and now your face - you had longer brown hair (not long, but longer than the avatar) in my mind. Now I can feel like I really know the person behind all of these posts and the reason my little arms are popping out this month :p

Morning Maniacs! This mornings workout was Snow Shoveling AGAIN! Took me forever and now I look out the window and it looks like I didn't do a thing! I'm gonna have to go do it again....wonder how long it's supposed to snow. If I didn't have customers coming, I would just leave it for dh or ds. Anyhoos, it's not a bad workout if I do say so myself.:p

bbl..

Morning Ladies - Great workouts everyone.

I did 4DS back and chest and then shoulders. Then I jumped rope for 15 minutes.

I did not have time to do it twice as i wanted. I will do longer workouts this weekend. I have put on a couple of pounds - and I am SO UPSET! i was busy over Thanksgiving and didn't exercise as much as planned and then came down with bronchitis last week. So i am really try to get weight off at this very difficult time of year! Wish me luck!

Today I did Slo Mo Total Body premix #2. That gave me pretty much what I needed for workout B on Phase 2 of Rachel Cosgroves rotation. Tomorrow will be kettlebells again :D I also did Amy Bento's Step Challenge 3 doing combo 1,2,1&2 combined,3,4, and cooldown no stretch. AI burned 837 total calories today and 45% fat
I finished with Amy's 10 min solution hot body bootcamp stretch segment.
Slo Mo went like this: 397 calories
wobble hack squat 1x8reps 15 lb dumbbells, 2x8reps 20# dumbbells
1 arm pullover 3x8reps 10# dumbbell right side then left
cradle side lunge 2x8reps each side 45# barbell
seated row 3x8 reps using purple band with the barbell
single leg rock up squat w/ stability ball 3x8 reps 20# dumbbell right then left side
reverse delt fly external rotation 1x8reps 10# dumbbells, 2x8reps 8's(this hurt my right shoulder)
around the world 3x8reps 8# dumbbells
biceps contraction concentration curl 1x8 45# barbell 2x8 40# barbell
decline triceps dips 3x8reps no weight
core work - standing circles 10# dumbbell
clam shell crunch 10#
ab relay 10#
barbell rollouts 2 sets x 8 reps 50#
run around no weight
seated sit and tuck no weight
prone plank jump in no weight (was able to do this as because of my knee last week I could not do it at all)

I need to get out to the grocery store. Just realized this is the last weekend before Christmas. The grandchildren will be out of school and I need lunch stuf.

Ally, generally my workouts run around 2 hours including the w/up and flexibility stuff. I almost eliminated the core work since I did that yesterday but decided to go for it anyway. My HR monitor said 2 hr 19 min. I am not sure as I forgot to pause it when my son in law arrived with my grandbaby and we stood here talking for a bit. Some of my workouts have been shorter lately. I have been getting a good cardio and weight workout with the AOS kettlebell workout so haven't felt the need to spend as long to get a well rounded workout.

If anyone is interested in Art of Strength kettlebell workouts or gear which includes kettlebells here is a link to their 12 days of Christmas discounts. DVD's are free shipping and 20% off. I just ordered Newport for $39.95 which was on day 8. Today is the last day and they are allowing all of the 12 days of sales to be used.
http://www.artofstrength.com/12DaysSalesEvent/tabid/577/Default.aspx

Last edited:
Did Rythmic Step this morning. Then ran out to finish my shopping. All is done except my Mom. Just a few things to make and lots wrapping.

Diane Sue - I order both Providence and Newport.:p

End of term time is so not conducive to my workouts. yesterday all I managed was the advanced "stressed out" routine from Yoga for your Moods. Hopefully later today I will get something more substantial done.

Diane Sue - I order both Providence and Newport.:p

Samsies...and I don't even own a kettlebell yet! Yikes!

Hermia- Stressed out Yoga sounds perfect for an end of term workout.:cool:

Teddy- Try again...maybe you put in the wrong DVD.

Debbie- Sending strong snow vibes your way. We are getting tons. I'm going out to shovel yet AGAIN! It's crazy!

Ashumate- 2 lb gain is not that much. Don't panic yet, could just be water weight.:) (Actually, knowing me, I'd panic too!;))

Meow- What weight kb's did you get?

Teddy, Providence is Day 6 and is 39.95. If you pushed day 8 which may be what I said, it is the Kettlebell Clinic and it's sale price is $64.95. A couple of the days had two sales. Sorry for the confusion. Just check out the days and you will find what you want.

Went to get the grandchildren from school. It is so foggy here. Glad I got my grocery shopping done. There were still quite a few people grocery shopping this afternoon.

Dallys, I guess you're right, the "Stressed Out" yoga is pretty fitting right now, lol. I'm honestly very happy not to be doing the snow shoveling workout, though...while I'm sure it's killer, snow equals cold and also equals horrible driving conditions! Two things I like to avoid. The snow is nice for the seasonal mood, though.

I was tempted by the kettlebell sale but ended up not. I think I'll try to get a kettlebell in January and just start with the little instructional dvd that comes with, then go from there.

Due to time contraints (I really have no business working out today at all, given how behind I am), I did Gym Style Legs for about 45 min. Now for more grading.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.