Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 12/15

This morning I did the 4DS Back/Bicep premix and did it twice. What a workout. I am going to be sore for sure! The first time through seemed to take forever but when I did it the second time it went by really fast. Weird.

BACK/BICEPS
Round 1
Supermans (warmup)

One Arm Rows (warmup): 20's - 16 reps

One Arm Rows: 35# - 8 reps 2/2 cnt.

Standing Hammer Curls w/Twist: 15's - 12 reps; 20's 10 reps
Standing Dumbbell Curls: 20's - 8 reps; 25's 6 reps
***Second time around I did the Standing Dumbbell Curls w/ 20's and 22's. These really fry my biceps.

Round 2
One Arm Rows: 30# - 8 reps
***2nd time I used 35#.

Barbell Crazy 8's: 40# - 8 reps/8 reps bottom half, 8 reps top half
***Second set I used 35#.
Reverse Curls: 12's - 10 reps.

Round 3
Underhand Barbell Rows: 70# - 7 reps; 8 reps

Incline Hammer Curls w/Twist on Stability Ball: 17's - 12 reps
Hammer Curls on Stability Ball: 15's - 8 reps

Round 4
Incline Pullovers: 35# - 8 reps slow counts
***Should have used 40# for both sets. This was easy.

Seated Concentration Curls: 20# - 12 reps
***Used 22# second time.
Wrist Curls: 10's - 16 reps

Round 5
Back Pulls w/Band: Purple
superset w/
Y's w/Band: Purple
***These burn like crazy.

Repeated all over. :eek::eek::eek:

That is all....

Diane Sue - I'm so glad to hear your husband is home! What a great Christmas gift!

I did not want to get up this morning. Sleeping has been terrible lately, both of my hands are driving me crazy.

Superset A
Bulgarian Split Squats
8/8/8 - 25's
Spiderman Pushups
10/10/10 per side

Superset B
Inverted Row
12/12/12
One legged Deadlift
12/12/12 per side

Superset C
SB Rollout
10/10/10
SB Mountain Climbers
10/10/10 per side
Straight Arm Side Plank
20 sec hold x 3.

Then interval cardio at 30/90 ratio running suicides.

My neighbor is currently caring for his 3 yo twins by himself and I got a desperate call for help this morning so I rushed out the door. Just now getting back and so far behind on my own agenda.:confused:

Hey Maniacs! This morning I did 4DS Kickbox and 4DS Legs. Skipped the abs because I ran out of time.

Gotta run...talk later

Good morning!

Still in Washington. My dad is doing much better. I think he's just lonely and gets depressed so he stops eating (after he got sick from that reaction to those meds). So he's agreed to move to Wyoming. We'll probably build a big shop w/a nice apartment on our property (he'll pay for it) for him to live in. Not really looking forward to having him that close, but it's probably for the best. Otherwise he wants to live on some acreage and that would end up being more work for us. He's 80. He enjoys working in his shop and is very talented so it would be good to keep him busy. I worry that he will be at our house all the time. We will have to have ground rules. DH is some kind of angel. It's his idea. He doesn't mind hanging out with my dad one bit. Me...not so keen on hanging out with my 80 year old dad all the time. We'll see how it goes. I need to be more compassionate I guess.

So I joined Sequim Gym. I start today. I told the guy I was here taking care of my dad for a couple of weeks. So he says, "Are you just looking to tone up a bit?" Yeeeeup!!! Because you can do that in a couple of weeks, right? So as I stand there not knowing what to say to that, DH says, "She just doesn't want to lose everything she's worked so hard to gain." Bless him. It looks like we'll only be here until this weekend, but it wasn't that much different in cost and we weren't sure when I signed up.

They have an assisted pullup machine. I'm excited to try that!

I did Cardio Coach 6 with Candace on my dad's treadmill yesterday. He said I can have the treadmill so we might take it home with us. He's had it for probably 10 years and I'm the only one who's ever used it.

Diane Sue - How exciting that Bill is coming home today!!!!!! I'm sorry about your knee. That's exactly where mine hurts from the bike. Is it better still today?

Linda - SURGERY SURGERY SURGERY!!!

Debbie - NICE workout!

Dallys - You just keep poundin' out those workouts. Way to go! I heard it was 0 in Cheyenne yesterday and this morning it was -7 as everyone was driving to work! I picked a good time to be gone. :)

Roselyn - Good to see you around again.

I'll let you all know how my gym workout goes. It's a really nice gym and doesn't get very crowded. Lots of old people since this is a retirement community. Both of the people who work there are personal trainers - the goofy guy and then a gal who I had talked to on the phone. Hopefully they can help me "tone up"!

Sonya - I'm sorry to hear about your mom. :( That must be really difficult for you. I will keep her and you in my prayers.

It is bitter cold outside today. I had to go to the grocery store for a couple of missed items and then ended up at Target again because the grocery store didn't have Christmas plates and napkins
icon_confused.gif
I made the dessert for tomorrow. I will pick up Bill at the airport tonight. He comes in at 9:18. This morning I walked and jogged on the treadmill 4.75 miles and burned 527 calories.
Then I did the Strength A of Rachel's workout using dvd's for most of it:
I did it like this
Dumbbell reverse lunge off of tall step 8 reps alternating sides 3 sets 15# dumbbells
Slow and Heavy for these moves:
seated overhead press 15# dumbbells 1 set 8, then 2 sets with 20's(had to skip back to get a third set in)
Deadlift with dumbbells 3 setsx 8 reps with 35's
Dumbbell Rows 3 setsx8reps 25's
Finished with Butts and Guts:
Hamstring roll ins with stability ball no weight
bonus moves
sit and stand 50# barbell
leg press with dumbbells 2 sets 16 reps each side 20's
stability ball glute squeeze no weight
stability ball bonus abs using 15# for some of the moves
Total calories burned today was 956

Suz, my knee is somewhat better today. The treadmill made it feel a little tight but once I started the weights I was ok.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.