Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 10/7

Today was Legs and Calves and had a pretty good workout. I sort of felt like I wasn't really doing anything with the first two exercises but then by the time I got done with the hack squats my legs were fried.

1 min. 30 sec. rest between each exercise.

LEGS:
Leg Extensions - 70#/12 reps - 3 sets
***Up 5#. This felt really easy but I don't like going way too heavy with this due to my knees.

Leg Press Station - 170#/12 reps - 4 sets
***Up 10#. LOVE this exercise!

Hack Squats - 70#/12 reps - 4 set
***Up 5#.

Elevated Deadlifts - 85#/12 reps - 4 sets
***This was tough. Last set was a killer! Not sure I can go much higher here with 12 reps.

Lying Leg Curls - 40#/12 reps - 4 sets
***Started with 35# but that was too easy. 40# was perfect. Up 5#.

CALVES:
Leg Press Station Calf Raises - Toes Forward - 170#/25 reps
Leg Press Station Calf Raises - Toes In - 170#/25 reps
Leg Press Station Calf Raises - Toes Out - 170#/25 reps
Leg Press Station Calf Raises - Toes Forward - 170#/25 reps
***Up 10#. Really felt these by the last 2 sets.

I am waiting at school. This morning I did Amy Bento's Kettle Bell Dynamics 76 min. 534 cal. Max HR 163. I did the standing portion of the str. I then did Lauren Brooks Killer Abs and str. from her second workout. 16 min 81 calories and added Brook Benton's str from Cardio Pump Fusion 9 min 25 cal. Workout was 1 hr 41 Min. 640 calories.

Hey Guys:D

This morning I did Legs & Glutes. BBL:)

Stats:
DB Leg Press on HS (2 sets 16 reps) #15
DB Hover Squats (#15 32 reps) did this option bc I did not feel like doing the highs & lows)
DB Rear Lunges (varied tempo) ( #15’s 8 reps)
DB Pile Squats (varied tempo) (#15’s)
Rear Lunges (varied tempo) (#15’s)
DB Pile Squats (varied tempo) (#20’s
DB Drop Squats on HS ((#15’s)
Explosive Pile Squats (no wts)
Curtsey Lunge (pulsing)
Calf Raises (32x)
BB Dead Lift (2 sets 8 reps) 40/50 choose to do standard DL’s 4 ct up and down
DB Pile Squats 2x ((#15’s and 20’s)
Jenny Sculpting Drills (12 reps each leg)
Explosive Lunges
Outer Thigh LP on HS (w/2lb ankle wts)
Calf Raises (32x)
Standing leg ex (w/2lb ankle wts)
Standing Outer thigh lifts (w/2lb ankle wts)
Floor work
Glute and Hamstring Tucks on high step w/ankle wts
Glute and Hamstring Raises (long lever/bent knee) w/ankle wts
Inner/Outer Thigh lifts w/ankle wts

The End:rolleyes:

Debbie: Very impressive work:)

Diane: Nice work:)

Debbie-I bet you were feeling it towards the end :eek: after I get out of trx kb land, I really knee to give this one a try. Have you noticed any changes w/ your physique?

Diane sue- I always forget about kb dynamics.... I may do one of the segments as an add on. Nice work

Teddy- nice work on the legs and flutes. That is no easy workout especially in the am :D

Yesterday was TRX strength: it was a mix of square, lunges, hamstring curls, chest press, rows, shoulder w's, bi and tri and some ab work. Today I plan on using the ropes and kb for cardio ;)

Good Morning -

Theresa - You must have been typing on your phone. Chuckled, though I thought Teddy did a nice job on legs and 'flutes' too ;). Tough and thorough workout yesterday. Sounds like it hit about everything. You've been great about going at TRX hard :)

Debbie - Love seeing what you do with the rotation. Nice job (I feel the same way about leg extensions. Plus, the unit I have for them on my bench is pretty rinky dink :confused: ).

Teddy - Very nice workout. I really like that one. The last premix option does a pretty fun blend of Legs and Glutes with KPC (- except no ankle weight work). I think I usually end up doing that one. Also, saw (and agreed with) your post to Diane Sue yesterday afternoon. Her maniac training partner Olivia, is pretty amazing too. Unstoppable combination ;)

Diane Sue - Good kb mix :). I watched a clip from kb Dynamics just the other day. Looks pretty tough. Thanks for your comment yesterday, and mentioning the vest bothers your neck too. I've worried sometimes that my disc problem's getting worse - maybe wearing those extra pounds is just hard on anybody. Agree about the unilateral movements - and definitely can feel a difference between the sides. Really trying to work on improving those.

So-so workout yesterday. Kind of rushed and also, my stomach was bothering me. Not sure what was up with that. My energy and focus weren't so great. I did go back and finish the plie squat round and calves.

Also did S & H back. Used kb's for the db rows (20's). Kept thinking I should go heavier, but was working the concentric fo 2, peak hold for 3, eccentric for 3 -- decided maybe it was best to stay lighter and really feel that contraction (plus my stomach was rolling). I was shaking a bit by the 3rd set on the hold. Pullovers: 45 lb adjustable db. I love this exercise -- first one where I really 'felt' the muscles in my back when I first started training. Did not do deadlifts. Subbed in 3 sets of neutral grip pull-ups, following suggestions from Pavel (do not go to failure) and Convict Conditioning (2 counts up, 1 count hold, 2 counts down and NO KIPPING). I only did 6 reps each time. Kind of frustrated because I did kip -especially on the last set (btw - kipping is when you start moving your legs or knees up as you finish a rep. I didn't know before that this was 'cheating.' Now that I'm aware of this I'm also aware of how much I do it :confused: just slightly sometimes, but still ...) Also did some practice on pistols squats and bench pistols. Not a lot reps - trying to nail my form. Finished with MMA Kickbox.

Cardio today. Maybe the original Imax and ... something else? Not sure. You guys with your 4 A.M. ish workouts are amazing (just my coffe cup feels heavy right now :p)

Have a good day.

Lori

Lori – Dang :eek: That’s was some tough work. I liked how you incor the kb’s nice job. I know getting up at 4am is not the easiest thing, but, a girl gotta do what you gotta do, right? It’s getting a tab bit easier. Enjoy Imax today:)

Theresa - Nice work:)

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA - very busy...as you can imagine!! :rolleyes:

I have been doing a rotation this week, however, which is surprising to me! I have been doing 4DS alternating with shock cardio. Today was cardio only so I did Athletic step. I finished most of the workout, but got frustrated because I don't know all of the moves in that one yet!! :eek: I have been cutting my workouts a bit short because I am exhausted between working, working on the house, packing, etc. I also have gained 9 lbs since the summer - YUK! I am trying to stop the compulsive eating, but I am DEFINITELY a stress eater so that's going to be difficult.

Roselyn - Nice workout! I have to admit I am starting to like Imax 2, although it seems very strange to say that!! :confused:

Lori - That's a bummer that your stomach isn't feeling so good....WTH? Are you still taking cold medicines? I thought you wrote that you were done with them now, but I have been reading the posts at an ungodly hour, so maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, nice workout - especially interested in the "convict conditioning" workouts - they sound intense! Feel better!

Theresa - LOL on your post!! I had to read it several times 'cause I must really "knee" to slow down reading this stuff!!! I can't do those "square, lunges, etc", and furthermore I definitely need to work more on my "flutes". :p J/K Thanks for the laugh - I need it!! Nice workout!

Teddygirl - Nice workout today!! You are doing AWESOME!

Diane Sue - Nice workout this morning!! I can't believe how many cals you burn a day! WOW!

Debbie - Nice work on legs today!! So, you still enjoying leg workouts? LOL j/k....looks like a great rotation! :)

Hi to anyone/everyone else! I have a busy next few days at the new house. I ended up gutting the entire basement, which I really didn't want to do yet, but it was necessary with all of the water damage....ARGH. I hope to finish stripping wallpaper, sand, paint, strip the hardwood floors and seal the basement over the next 2 weeks - pretty ambitious, huh?

Have a great day everyone!

Cheryl

Darn IPhone..... I guess I "KNEE" to slow down on my typing :D. Glad I could add some humor to the day.

Cheryl- that is a crazy amount of work!!!!! Good luck with all ur projects :) I am amazed at ur workout ability w/ all u are doing

Diane Sue - Nice little mix of workouts there! Nicely done as usual. I wish I had your energy. You've done australian pullups before - its where you put a bar between two chairs or whatever and lay under it, legs out straight. Grab the bar and pull yourself up. I'm pretty sure you've done these before.

Teddygirl - Nice weights on your workout! That one is a leg burner for sure. Love the "the end". LOL!

Theresa - Not much change but then again, my diet is in the crapper lately. I really wish I could get my head on straight and start eating like I use too. I have no clue where my will power went but it's lost. :( Your workout sounded like fun! Are you sore?

Lori - Nice job on your workout even though you weren't feeling well. Excellent weights. I love pullovers, too. One of my favorite back exercises.

Roselyn - Nice going with Imax 2. I still want to get that one in soon. Maybe tomorrow since it's cardio day. I love C&W's ab work, that is a good one.

Cheryl - Nice job keeping up with your workouts through all this stuff going on. I am impressed. :D

I forgot to mention that I used 20 and 25lb kettlebells for kettlebell dynamics. During the farmers walks I did two of the rounds like they do in Kettlebell Goddess holding 1 kettlebell overhead and one to the side then reversing the second round. For the killer abs I used 20# for most and 35# for the pullover crunch.
Breakfast/late snack was lemon frozen yogurt:eek: (hungry and stressed by the time I got home. My grandbaby whined and cried the whole time I was out and was not better when I got home)
Lunch was mixed veggies with turkey meatballs made with spinach and portabella mushrooms and some tomatoes over this
Dinner?

Debbie, thanks. Yes, I have done those before. I believe Amy Bento does that with her bar on two stacks of benches in one of her workouts. Nice lower body workout:D I sure wish diet wasn't such a big factor for the results:rolleyes: I love to eat! It usually takes me something to motivate myself for me to stick to it really well. I don't do terrible and I am sure you don't either. I just let my self control slip too much.

Theresa, I almost had that happen to me with my iphone this morning. Can't remember what word it was but it corrected to something really weird. Good thing I proofread it before I sent it. I never have disabled the correction on it. I don't know why.

Teddy, great workout. I have not done that one in ages. Most of the time I look at it and think how I used to do that extra long double premix:eek: I went heavier than Cathe through the whole thing. Now it just sort of makes me wince. It definitely is a leg and glute burner.

Lori, great workout. No, it is not just you on that weighted vest. The one like Cathe has feels a little better than the Golds Gym one but it still bothers. I can hardly wait to get it off. I just think that 20lb of weight pulling down on the shoulders is what does it. Nice workout mix.

Cheryl, with all of that house renovating and work I am sure it is taking it's toll. Good idea on the workouts you have planned. Everything will come together again and settle down.

Roesyln, nice workout choice:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.