Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 1/8

Today was cardio so I chose Cardio Coach Press Play. Had an excellent workout. Haven't done this one in its entirety in a while.

Was going to do ab work because I don't think I'll have time tomorrow but my abs are so sore from Tuesday's workout that I can't even think to do a cruch. So tomorrow it is.

Cardio stats:
1 hr. 6 minutes
4 minute below zone
22 minutes in zone
40 minutes above zone
556 calories burned!!!! WOO HOO!!!!
4 miles travelled

Happy with these numbers! Love my new HRM! My hubby is the greatest!!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Had a great workout yesterday. Did the version of Pure Strength the way Debbie mapped it out as I don't have this workout video....

DID NOT USE RISERS ON ANY OF THIS..ALL DONE STANDING

BACK
T Bar Rows w/u 70# 16 reps

T Bar Rows 80# 3/10

Bent Over BB Rows 70# 3/10
underhand and overhand's

One Arm Row 35# 3/10

BICEPS
BB Curls 80# 2/8 (could not quite make it to 2 more reps)

Alternating Hammer Curls 20's and 20x's (felt waaayyy too light, but by the last rep was cookin some)

Skipped the Hammer Curls w/Twist

BB Curls (did not do these negative as I already did negative with the 80# BB above so went much lighter with 55# bb and 2 sets/10)

Concentration Curls (why I skipped the Hammer Curls with Twist)...Did with 35's and 2/12 (Pretty much wiped out at this point)

Did LIS ab work.

Today will do all of lowmax. I don't know if Bobby is going to work today or not. As soon as he lays down he coughs so bad that he cannot sleep so he has been trying to sleep sitting up.

Morning :D

Debbie: 556 calories burned, you were smoking, girl! That’s awesome;)

Toasty: Your biceps work is always VERY impressive. Niiiiiiiice work!;)

Okay, I'm happy:rolleyes: just glad that I'm getting my act together. Yep! I was up his morn at 4:20 getting back too me ole routine and it feeeeeeeels GREAT!:eek::eek::eek: Your ladies aint leaving me behind:confused::cool::rolleyes:

Started a bit slower and with less weigh, cuz last time I did GS legs, man oh man, I could barely walk for 2 days:(

Stats:
BB squats: 45/45/45/50
DB front lunges: 10/10 (I know…I know…hardly any wts but…)
DB rear lunges: 10’s
DB Pile squats: 10/1
DB leg presses: 10/10
BB dead lifts: 50/50
Calf raises

Floor work
Tibialis anterior toe pulls
Glute squeesze
One leg roll outs
Inner thigh squeeze on ball
Inner thigh lift
(I used ankle weights)
Vertical outer thigh press
Outer thigh raise w/band
(I used ankle weights)

That's it! but boy am I feeling good:p

Morning Maniacs! Getting ready to do my interval cardio workout from CLX.
Just letting you know that TV viewing has hit an all time low......get this................'Bromance' on MTV, WTF? The "Bros" are having a race in the pool on blow-up dolls, yes that's right, blow-up dolls, as part of their "Broathon! The winner gets to spend extra "time" with Brody, whoever the h*ll that is. Yeah, I was hypnotized for a min. and then snapped out of it.:eek::eek: ROFLMAO!

Last edited:
Hey there chics - yesterday was chest, shoulders and triceps from Debbie's rotation. Today may be a Spinervals...that is sounding good to me, although I had been pondering LowMax too.

Charlotte - I thought about your hubby last night, wondering how the coughing was. Hope he was able to make it to work. Poor guy must be worn out though.

Debbie - did you get snow???

Dallys - I am in Houston...any chance of sending me some snow too? We are supposed to be almost 80 today:rolleyes: I just want WINTER!

Teddygirl - I could not possibly be happy at 4:20AM!! You go girl. Glad you enjoyed the workout!

Diane: Thanks, girl! I know I do some crazy things. But, yesterday topped the chart with mix match socks. Oh boy! I am liken your KB workouts, you always give your bests. I just may run out to Bose @ Aurora Farm, on my lunch, too see if I can get the head set then I'll able to listen to Sean I’ll see! Anywho, I hope they have them cheaper than 100 bucks, my goodness that’s a lot, for freaking HS.

Shana: LOL Believe it or not I’m in bed before 8:30. I love getting up that early.

Last edited:
Morning maniacs!

I did Step Blast this morning and burned 564 calories. I followed it up with 10 minutes of Steady State Step since I'm trying to learn it but I didn't use the HRM for that. :p

Debbie: Terrific calorie burn with that workout! Isn't that so motivating?

Charlotte: Holy night, those numbers for biceps are AMAZING! I'm in awe. :)

TeddyGirl: I like getting up early too, but man, not THAT early. GS Legs KILLS me. The last time I did it I hobbled for a few days- love that workout.

Dallys: Let us know what you think of the cardio for CLX- I previewed it and it looks fun.

Shana: I did Low Max this week and although it isn't my favorite workout, I loved seeing that I burned over 700 calories. :eek:

OK, gotta run and take my parents to the airport today- just had to stop in and say hello...

I thought I would post my workout before I run and shower. Finally got the grandbaby down for a nap:) She kept trying to climb on me while I was doing abs and was trying to eat my foam roller:eek: I started with Amy's Hi/Lo Dome skipping the dome segment and burned 465 calories, then I did Amy's Hi/Lo Knockout combos 1 and 2 minus the KO's and burned another 141 calories. I thind did Hi/LO KO abs using 8and10# dumbbells and a 15# kettlebell(or the modiied turkish get up), Treacey Staehle's Core conditioning stopping after the stability ball planks into pushups segment(that one is tough), I added on 3 sets of hanging knee raises with a 10# medicine ball. I then did Tracey's Yoga Solutions Post Kickbox segment, and finished with Keli Roberts Flexibility for the Inflexible foam roller stopping after 21 minutes.
Total calories burned was 922 50% fat

Dallys, that would not be my kind of show:eek::D Enjoy your Chalene Ex cardio.

Patti, everyone always gets so much higher calorie burns than me on their workouts. I think you have the same HR monitor as me. I have the Polar F11. I add propulsions and stuff to try to up the intensity of that LowMax and I usually get somewhere around a 550 calorie burn out of it.

Teddy, I hope you find the headset that you want:D

Debbie, nice job with CC Press Play.

Charlotte, I can relate with the trying to sleep sitting up because of coughing. I have done it a lot ever since I had the pneumonia. Only thing is I usually have a stiiff neck the next day:(

Hey again.
So I take it know one has watched Bromance?:p

I just finished CLX Burn intervals and Ab burner. This was a really fun workout. You do plyo type cardio and then the rests are light weight lifting. It's 46 min. and she used the band around ankles for a lot of moves and that made it tough. The ab work was pretty good too. Not killer like ab ripper, but pretty good with some fun moves.

It's supposed to snow some more tonight, so I'm sending it all to you guys. You can have it! DS got stuck in our driveway last night at midnight. Woke us up and we had to go push him out. Geez.

Toastyfreakybicepgirl- Poor dh. Has he been to the docs?

Diane Sue-
I never get high calories burns.:( I work it too, darn it!

Great workouts everyone! We are KILLA!

Later.

Last edited:
Dallys, nice pictures of your doggie in the snow. I am glad to hear that you finally recieved your AOS workouts:D I have switched it up and am doing mine twice a week between my weight workouts. That sounded like a good way to add in some Kettlebell work. You can pick segments of the AOS workouts and do them as an add on too. It always takes me a bit to figure out how tough a workout is going to be too because I never start out quite as heavy as I may go once I know the workout. I am hoping to not have to shovel any snow here this winter:p
Thanks you.:) So, you think doing a kb workout between weights will be ok? Duh, that's just what I did today. Chalene did light weight lifting after heavy yesterday. I might start doing some sections of the AOS workouts and I'm also getting "no fear fitness" by Lisa Shaffer. I hear the segments are about 20 min. Might be a good thing to use to work on form. It's a Live Clinic Workshop kind of thing.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Just finished doing lowmax. Now I have to get the house cleaned. Ya'll should be proud of me doing my workout today FIRST! :eek:

Bobby is doing better as I haven't heard him cough as much today. He did get some sleep last night. He is pretty worn out and says his head hurts from all the coughing.

Dallys, I think you can do two weighted days back to back but I wouldn't do it that way all of the time. It is a great way to burn lots of calories and fat. It will shock the system pretty well:D That rotation last month really kept me from gaining the holiday pounds. I have changed up my rotation for the second 4 weeks. I am doing it like this:
week 1 Mon upper, Tues kettlebell workout and abs, Wed. lower, Thursday cardio, abs, flexibility, Friday upper Sat. Kettlebell workout and abs
week 2 Mon lower, Tues kettlebell workout and abs, Wed upper, Thur cardio, abs, flexibility, Fri lower, Saturday kettlebell workou and abs
Repeat week 1&2
I will still be hitting weights several days in a row but have a little more break than the first 4 weeks. Hopefully Cathe's come pretty soon. I think one could also pick rounds of kettlebells that work the same bodyparts that you are doing on a particular day as an add on. I have looked at No Fear Fitness . Glad to hear I am not the only one that doesn't get high calorie burns;)

Diane Sue- Thanks! These are some great ideas. There are 2 rest days and some shorter workouts in the CLX rotation, so I think I have quite a bit of flexibility with it.

Hey Peeps!

I was sooooooooooo tired when I woke up this morning. What gives??? All I wanted to do was go back to sleep. So as soon as DH left that's exactly what I did! I knew I wanted to do GS Legs but that I wouldn't have the energy to do it. So I'm gonna do it when I get home. I don't know why in the heck I'm so tired! I went to bed at 9:10 and woke up at 4:50. I woke up once in the night but that was it.

Debbie - I love CCPP. It's a great workout. You did an awesome job with it! Nice calorie burn!

Bicep Queen - How the heck do you DO that? I want to lift that much!!! Poor Bobby. I feel awful for him.

Teddygirl - I'm envious that you got "our" workout done already! Great job!

Shana - Now I think I'm going to order some new Spinervals thanks to you. :p So is San Antonia huge? Doesn't it have like a million people? DH was talking about moving there but I don't think he knows how big it is. Of course I would LOVE that! But he wouldn't like that many people. He likes Texas a lot. I would love a warmer climate!!! I always hear about floods and tornados in Texas. Is that true?

Patti - Nice job on Step Blast. I don't have that one but everyone says it's really fun.

Dallys - I'm glad you tore yourself away from Bromance long enough to do a workout. :p Bummer about DH getting stuck in the snow and you having to push him out. Good thing you have muscles!

Diane Sue - You burned a lot of calories today, as usual! Sounds like the grandbaby is going to become more of a challenge since she is getting older. :) I bet that foam roller is fun to chew on for her! :D

Patti, everyone always gets so much higher calorie burns than me on their workouts. I think you have the same HR monitor as me. I have the Polar F11. I add propulsions and stuff to try to up the intensity of that LowMax and I usually get somewhere around a 550 calorie burn out of it.

Diane Sue: I do have the F11 and love it. I may have high calorie burns, but I have a low RMR. I think during my test it was 940 or something close to that. :( I'm not completely convinced it was right but it was enough to bum me out. I wonder if my high calorie burn is because I have a lower maximum heart rate than most- 169 is my limit. I hit it quite often with Cathe. :D

Your comment about the foam roller made me laugh- my kids were running around using it as a weapon the other night. :)

So I take it know one has watched Bromance?:p

OK, I admit it Dallys, I watch The Hills. So I'm familiar with Bromance but swear I haven't watched it. Even I have limits and I love crappy TV.

Suz: Step Blast IS fun! I love Cathe's choreography in it- just a little bit difficult but nothing frustrating. It makes the time fly by!

Kids are quiet and napping (the BEST time of day). I'm going to go read my New Rules of Lifting for Women (that might not be the exact title but you all know what I mean) and enjoy the peace!

I TOTALLY forgot...I did do abs this morning! See how tired I was? I forgot I did abs. Sheesh! I did 3 sets of 20 bench reverse crunches with straight legs, 2 sets of 12 ab rollouts (those KILLED my lower back - I must not be strong enough???) and I tried to do hanging leg raises off of my pullup bar but that was tough on my shoulder. Ouch! I tried to stabilize it but it was still pretty tender. I only got 2 sets of about 8 reps out. And I started swinging and it was hard to stop. I had to keep putting my foot on the step ladder to stop. That takes some major strength, yes? ;)

Shana: I did Low Max this week and although it isn't my favorite workout, I loved seeing that I burned over 700 calories. :eek:

Patti - I KNEW somebody had posted an amazing calorie burn - it was you! That's what got me to pondering the Low Max!

Hey Maniacs!!!

Just finished doing lowmax. Now I have to get the house cleaned. Ya'll should be proud of me doing my workout today FIRST! :eek:

Bobby is doing better as I haven't heard him cough as much today. He did get some sleep last night. He is pretty worn out and says his head hurts from all the coughing.

Charlotte - we are very much alike - I have to MAKE myself workout before cleaning or else I will get carried away with the cleaning...like today. Clean house - no workout yet. I'll get it in though - probably not Low Max b/c my knee is bothering me and tomorrow is legs. I don't want to screw that up. I save tons of money in therapy just by cleaning, and cleaning, and cleaning. One can immediately tell my mental state by the amount of cleaning I do, and how freaky I get with it :D

Shana - Now I think I'm going to order some new Spinervals thanks to you. :p So is San Antonia huge? Doesn't it have like a million people? DH was talking about moving there but I don't think he knows how big it is. Of course I would LOVE that! But he wouldn't like that many people. He likes Texas a lot. I would love a warmer climate!!! I always hear about floods and tornados in Texas. Is that true?

Oooo, which ones are you going to get??? Glad to be of service, dahling ;) San Antonio is pretty big but not freakishly so. I'm not terribly familiar with the city. My brother just got back from there - he loves it there. The River Walk is amazing - people who have lived there for years still enjoy that. I think the traffic situation is ok. What makes him want to move there? I live just outside of Houston, but you would never really know you left Houston and came into Sugar Land (where we live), aside from a city limit sign. But, we are like suburb basically and right next to some small towns. It isn't like a crowded city here. Sort of in the country. The warmer climate would surely be a nice change for you!!! Well, except for summer :confused: I've never been in a Tornado and lived in Texas all of my life. I saw one in the sky once but it did not touch down. We will have small twisters now and again but nothing like the central states where devastion is horrid. Often, we aren't sure if it was a big wind or a little tornado. Living in Houston, and the hurricanes that are possible, I've never seen a flood. Parts will flood from a little cloud but that is poor planning on the road builders' part, and is in Houston. I would not put either tornados or floods into the equation of deciding to move here or not...I would more consider the heat.

OK - so I have had BFFM for a long time but never even opened it b/c I didn't want to read it on the computer. Then - aha - my brain worked and I put it on a flash drive this afternoon and already have it here, bound, ready to read! Still considering PN too, or at least the cookbook. I have got to do something. New year - new eating habits. Suz, Hermia - let's band together! (Although I'm not as skinny as you little minnies!) Mostly, I need to eat more in order to build more muscle.

I also got itrains for the year - I'll download them all just to have them - mostly looking forward to the stair climbers, rowers, and bike...for the price though ($120), it was cheaper to do that than to do separate purchases. Also, got some Runervals to try - not for running though. We'll see.

Crazy Busy Day! Just now getting here. But worked out on about six hours sleep and needed something different. Step was just not gonna happen, so I chose KPC. I have not done this workout in like forever and honestly I do not remember it being that much fun! But I had a blast. Work out was 1:05 and I burn 587 calories:eek::eek::eek::eek:! I choose this workout because I thought it would be more steady state and be easier.:p:p:p!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.