Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 1/7

Good morning everyone! ;)

Today was Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders & Triceps with a mixture of Body Max 2 exercises with respective body parts. Had an excellent workout.

CHEST
Pure Strength:
Push ups off step: 2 sets/12 reps
Bench Press w/u: 65# - 16 reps
Bench Press: 85# - 2 sets/10 reps
Incline Bench Press: 75# - 2 sets/10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 30's – 10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flies: 25's – 10 reps
Incline Super Sets: 20's– 9 reps
***This exercise was a combo of a flye at 2/2 counts and then two regular presses w/single counts.

BodyMax 2:
Decline Pushups on Stability Ball: 8 reps w/different counts
Wide Stance Pushups: 16 reps
***Got a great burn with these.

SHOULDERS
Pure Strength:
Arnold Press: 20's – 3 sets/10 reps
Seated Clean & Press: 10's/8's – 2 sets/8 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 10's/8's - 2 sets/10 reps
Reverse "Y" Flies: 10's – 2 sets/10 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 10's – 16 reps
***Dropped to 8's with a few exercises because my right shoulder started bothering me. I went lighter then usual with all these exercises due to my shoulder.

BodyMax 2:
Supersets
Arm Circles: 5's
Lateral Raises: 5's
***First set was done with 4 reps forward circles, 4 reps back circles then right into lateral raises. Repeated but reps were 2 front and back for arm circles and 3 reps for lateral raises w/different counts. These burned like crazy! I liked it!

TRICEPS
Pure Strength:
Close Grip Dumbell Press: 25's – 1 set/12 reps 1 set/10 1 set/8 reps
Lying Tricep DB Extensions: 15's – 2 sets/10 reps
Cross Body Extensions: 15's – 2 sets/10 reps
Lying Tricep Extensions: 15's – 12 reps
Weighted Dips: 35# – 1 set/20 reps 1 set/24 reps
***I did these on both my benches (bench dips). Got an excellent burn.

BodyMax 2:
Overhead Dumbbell Extension on Ball: 25# - 8 reps different counts
***By this time I was struggling. Should have used 20#.
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's - 24 reps
Double Arm Kickbacks: 5's - 4 reps w/4 pulses
***Also struggled with this. My triceps were screaming at me!

That is all...

Good Morning Ladies,

Debbie: Great workout, girl :)

Ooooh HOW I WISH I had a workout to report this morning, but I don’t.:( I had so much ripping and running to do after work. Too make a long boring story short. My IPod was acting up, I let the batteries run down, and it wouldn’t take a charge, anywho I had to run out to Apple (by appt) which was far far away not really but had a 7pm appt.:eek:

She plugged in my IPod and whatcha know, I was up and running. I was so upset yesterday, that was all I could think of was my IPod and all my CC workouts :( not having my IPod is like Woe! Why wouldn't my IPod not work, after the warranties expired only 1 week ago Hm…….

My IPod is charging now. Anywho, because I arrived early at Apple I ended up at Bose :eek::eek: that’s alls I can say I got in trouble, but the sound is soooooo freaking AWESOME!

Last edited:
Morning Maniacs! This morning I did CLX Burn Circuit #2, followed by Lauren Brooks 12 min. Kettlebell Fat blaster (or whatever it's called), followed with the stretch off BC#2. I'll report stats in a bit. OH! also did some snow shoveling.:D

Teddy- You are a riot!!
Debbie- Killer workout! Those arm circles are murder. Love that too!

Good morning!

My new Gym Style workouts arrived yesterday. Yay! Today was supposed to be biceps so I decided to do the Back, Shoulders & Biceps one but skip the back since I did back yesterday. I also skipped the overhead presses since I'm not supposed to do those. But I did do those barbell pullovers where you're lying down on the bench - for your back - I can't think of what they're called - b/c that is my favorite exercise of all time! I also started by doing 2 sets of 8 chins and I SUCKED again! I could barely eek out ONE so I made myself go extra slow on all the negs with no assistance (as usual). I had to jump up on all the others. What is my problem? I'm supposed to be getting better. :mad::mad::mad: I finished my workout with Cardio Coach 6 with Candace and it was great! I should have written down reps and weights for Gym Style but I did all of the same weight as Cathe and those 20 pounders at the end of the concentration curls were killer!

Debbie - AWESOME WORKOUT!!!!!

Teddygirl - You crack me up!

Hermia - I'm 5'8". I've been trying to eat more. Some days I do better than others. I've also tried to cut back a day on my cardio. Of course over my vacation I cut out more than that which probably helped me to hold onto the weight better. I kept up with my lifting but missed more of my cardio. We'll see now that I'm back at it. Oh, and I've been lifting heavier.

ETA: Hey Dallys! I took too long to write my post and there you were when I was finished. :) Nice workout. I can't believe you're still shoveling snow. We have CRAZY winds. It's awful!!!

Last edited:
Meeting is over, thank goodness! I could barely keep my eyes open. I went to bed way after 1:D closer to 2:D fell asleep around 3:eek:

Dallys: Nice workout. BTW, nice pictures of your dog ;)and all that SNOW. I hate that shit:rolleyes: Oh boy, I just looked down at my pants leg, hm....... I got on one blue sock and the other is black I give!:eek::eek:

Suz: Hello, your going to enjoy GS;)

Suz - You will love Gym Style. That is an excellent series. LMAO on you doing the barbell pullovers. I hate those, they hurt my elbows. Nice job, though!

And don't stress too much about pullups. Seriously, they aren't something you HAVE to master. Some people just can't do them so don't be so hard on yourself. :)

Dallys - Still snow shoveling? :eek: We are suppose to get 2" today. I'll believe it when I see it. :rolleyes:

Good afternoon! Thanks for the birthday wishes yesterday! It was a good day. :)

I did Debbie's rotation today so same workout. It was tough! I am finding that I like the exercises in PS, but Cathe's count is so fast for lifting heavy. Plus, like Debbie said the other day, the music is weird. I swear during the stretch it felt like church music. I also tacked on the bootcamp cardio 30 minute premix from KCM and KPC abs since I didn't do them yesterday.

Weights: 391 calories / Cardio: 313 calories I LOVE my HRM. :D

CHEST
Pure Strength:
Push ups off step (1 riser): 2 sets/12 reps
Bench Press w/u: 35# - 16 reps
Bench Press: 55# - 2 sets/10 reps
Incline Bench Press: 55# - 2 sets/10 reps and then only made it to 8 on second set
Incline Dumbbell Press: 20's – 10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flies: 17.5's – 10 reps
Incline Super Sets: 17.5's– 8 reps (couldn't do the last rep)

BodyMax 2:
Decline Pushups on Stability Ball: 8 reps w/different counts
Wide Stance Pushups: 16 reps (did last 2 on my knees)

SHOULDERS
Pure Strength:

Arnold Press: 15's – 1st set of 10 reps / 12's last 2 sets of 10 reps
Seated Clean & Press: 8's/7's – 2 sets/8 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 10's - 2 sets/10 reps
Reverse "Y" Flies: 8's / 7's – 2 sets/10 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 10's – 16 reps

BodyMax 2:
Arm Circles: 7's 1st set / 6's 2nd set
Lateral Raises: 7's 1st set / 6's 2nd set

TRICEPS
Pure Strength:

Close Grip Dumbell Press: 12's / 15's – 1 set/12 reps 1 set/10 1 set/8 reps
Lying Tricep DB Extensions: 10's – 2 sets/10 reps
Cross Body Extensions: 8's – 2 sets/10 reps
Lying Tricep Extensions: 8's – 12 reps
Weighted Dips: 25# plate– 1 set/20 reps 1 set/24 reps

BodyMax 2:
Overhead Press on ball- 15# DB
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's - 24 reps
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's - 4 reps w/4 pulses

Dallys: What are your thoughts on CLX so far?

Suz: I haven't even tackled chins yet. Le sigh. You can advise me when I get there. :) Enjoy Gym Styles! That leg workout is KILLER. I love it.

Teddygirl: Spending $$$ is FUN! :)

Patti - Nice going. I can't believe you added on cardio after that! You go girl!!! :eek: The music in PS does suck. But I do like that series. If you lift heavy enough, its intense. And I always go slower with my reps then she does because I'm lifting heavier.

Hey again! I'll post some personals and then try to get to posting the stats on my workout.

Good morning!

My new Gym Style workouts arrived yesterday. Yay!

ETA: Hey Dallys! I took too long to write my post and there you were when I was finished. :) Nice workout. I can't believe you're still shoveling snow. We have CRAZY winds. It's awful!!!

Yeah on getting your Gym Styles! I got my AOS Kettlebell workouts yesterday too.:) It looks like it's done snowing for now. The sun is out and it's georgous! Not an ounce of wind either.:p Oh! I HATE pull-overs! They are the worst ever. They are so awkward for me and never feel right, it's like my body isn't built right for them.

Dallys: Nice workout. BTW, nice pictures of your dog ;)and all that SNOW. I hate that shit:rolleyes: Oh boy, I just looked down at my pants leg, hm....... I got on one blue sock and the other is black I give!:eek::eek:

Thanks about my doggie and I like snow when it's snowing, but I get sick of it fast. I hate winter...used to love it when I skied, but that got to be over-the-top expensive. And ROFLMFAO about your socks girl!!:eek: You're killing me.!

Dallys - Still snow shoveling? :eek: We are suppose to get 2" today. I'll believe it when I see it. :rolleyes:
I hope you get it! It's says we got 7" yesterday, but I got a few more than that at my house!

Dallys: What are your thoughts on CLX so far?
So far I'm liking it. I don't think it's a tough as P90X (could be because they are shorter), but then again, I've only done 2 workouts. Tomorrow will be the Cardio Interval one, so we'll see. It might all catch up with me by the end of the week. It's definitely not for someone who doesn't like full-body workouts or combo moves. But, I love that stuff. Did you get it?

Dallys: Yep, I have CLX too. I just haven't managed to actually DO it yet. I am a sucker for a new workout system-- gotta try everything. Debbie's rotations are too much fun right now to drop out and do anything else. I have to go with what is calling me...I will eventually make time for CLX, although at the rate I'm going it will be post STS! :) Keep us posted on what you think, OK?

Debbie: I think with PS, once I get more familiar with the workouts, I will put on my own music. I do like Cathe's lifting tips, though, so I will try to keep it loud enough to hear those. As for the cardio, well, it was guilt cardio for my ice cream pie and the bowl of cereal that followed (oh and the graham cracker). Ack, I HATE eating sugar because I cannot STOP.

I am done with my workout. Today is ending up being way busier than I had expected. I took the girls to school early because my granddaughter had cheer leading practice. My other granddaughter and I had an hour to kill before she had to be at school so we went to Walmart and Starbucks. I came back and changed the battery in the transmitter to my hr monitor that didn't fix my problem, but I figured it out. I think the grandchildren were messing with my watch when they were in the workout room the other day using the exercise bike and treadmill. It was set for % of HR not BPM
icon_surprised.gif
Workout today was weights before I took the girls to school.
I did Amy Bentos In the Ring Premix Ultimate NRG and burned 605 calories 50% fat
Weights went like this:
Lower body
Maximum Intensity Strength
Squats 1 set 40 reps 50#;1 set 42 reps 50#
static lunge 2 sets 16 reps 50# right and let
plie squat 1 set 40 reps 50#
quarter deadlift 1 set 12 reps 50#
dumbbell back lunge (I repeated this round for two sets) 16 reps left and right 20# dumbbells
dumbbell back lunge off step left then right 8 reps, 4 reps,2 reps singles alternating 20# dumbbells
Legs and Glutes
Hover squats (I repeated this round) 2 sets 25# dumbbell (I didn't count really well but I think it was around 50 reps counting the pulses)
Calves (I repeated these from one segment for two sets) 32 reps 25# dumbbell
Glute hamstring tucks 5# ankle weights and a 15# dumbbell 53 reps left then right
Glute hamstring raises 5# ankle weights 48 reps left then right
Outer thighs, glute sweeps, inner thighs 5# ankle weights throughout
24 reps outer thighs
96 reps glute sweeps ( anyway this is what I think I counted
icon_lol.gif

Tomorrow will be cardio and abs with some flexibilty work. I will do Upper weights Friday and Providence on Saturday.
I have to leave to pick up the grandchildren in a bit. This is usually a free afternoon with just me and my grandbaby so it altered what I was going to do around here. I will try to come back and read the check in. Sorry I keep missing out on the personals.

Just checking in seeing what you guys our up too :rolleyes: I can barely keep my eyes open, need rest. Stopped at GNC brought vitamins I'm run down from the holiday cooking and all that entertaining, I'm sure:p

I just need a few good workouts and I'll bounce back.BTW, did I mention that BB claim they send out my order, ah......I surely hope so. Well, I'm gone, have a good evening all:D

Meeting is over, thank goodness! I could barely keep my eyes open. I went to bed way after 1:D closer to 2:D fell asleep around 3:eek:

Teddygirl - I have no idea how you can stay up that late and then function on a work day! You're crazy!!! And too funny about the socks.

Suz - You will love Gym Style. That is an excellent series. And don't stress too much about pullups. Seriously, they aren't something you HAVE to master. Some people just can't do them so don't be so hard on yourself. :)

Debbie - I do think I'm really going to like this series. And I will NEVER give up on the chins or pullups! I can't!!! I don't want the v-taper from the pullups, I just want to be able to do them for the strength factor. And for heaven's sake, I SHOULD be able to do chins! :mad:

Suz: I haven't even tackled chins yet. Le sigh. You can advise me when I get there. :) Enjoy Gym Styles! That leg workout is KILLER. I love it.

Patti - Great workout! I bet you could do chins now! You're throwing around some nice weight there!

Dallys - I can't believe you hate pullovers! They are the bomb!

Diane Sue - Another awesome workout. How are your legs feeling? Sounds like your grandkids had some fun with your HR monitor. :p Glad you got it figured out.

Oh - interesting kettlebell story...the gal who teaches all of the aerobic swimming classes for me is my age and she's from Russia. She's been here (in the US) about 6 years. We were talking about exercise today and she was telling me that back in about 1985 she worked for a company where every hour the boss made everybody exercise for 10 minutes with "Russian" KETTLEBELLS! They had a "professional" trainer who came in to teach them exactly what to do. How cool is that?

I'm trying to lift as heavy as I can with this CLX rotation. My problem here, is that I've been lifting lighter for so many months, that I'm finding my grip is very weak and that makes me have to go lower than I want.:( I feel strong, but have a weak grip:rolleyes:. So, hopefully Chalene will help get it back.

Anywhos:

Burn Circuit #2 - 12 reps with a slow 4x4 count
The slow count really gets in there!

Sumo squat w/bicep curl 15's# (need to go heavier)
Lunge w/one-arm tricep extension 10# (need to go heavier)
Dead lift double row - 20's#
Sumo squat w/oh tricep extension - 20#
Dead lift w/double row (underhand) 20's# (lost grip strength)
Bowler's lunge w/single-arm row 15#
Bicep curls w/abductor leg lift (purple band) 15's#
10 sec. rest before breakdown set
Bicep curls 15's# 4 reps doing 8x8 count
Forward-lean lunge w/double row 15's (lost grip strength)
Double row - 15's# 4 reps doing 8x8 count
Triple-threat push-ups (tri, reg, spider)
Push-ups (tri) 4 reps doing 4x4 count

I hate tricep pushups!

Lauren Brooks Kettlebell Quick Full body Blast- each exercise is 30 sec.

Front Squats
18#kb
2 handed swing
18#kb
30 sec. rest
Pushups (tri)
Squat thrusts
30 sec. rest
Deadlift (both sides) 26#kb
Mountain climbers
30 sec. rest
Clean squat & press (both sides) 18#kb
One arm rows 26#kb
30 sec. rest
High pull catch squat 18#kb
Alternating cleans 18#kb
Overhead swing 18#kb
Alternating swing 18#kb
30 sec. rest
Plank
Russian twist 18#kb

That's it!:cool:

Last edited:
Oh - interesting kettlebell story...the gal who teaches all of the aerobic swimming classes for me is my age and she's from Russia. She's been here (in the US) about 6 years. We were talking about exercise today and she was telling me that back in about 1985 she worked for a company where every hour the boss made everybody exercise for 10 minutes with "Russian" KETTLEBELLS! They had a "professional" trainer who came in to teach them exactly what to do. How cool is that?

Cool Story. I've read that KB's have been around for ages (in Russia) and they introduced them over here in the 90's (?). How fun to do a 10 min. workout every hour. You just KNOW that some of them (gym class haters) hated that. Like, "Not again!. We just did this!".

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.