Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 1/3

Today was cardio so I chose Cardio Coach #6 w/Candace. Had a puke status workout. I was also suppose to do abs but had to skip them due to time. Got a funeral to go to.

I will be concentrating more on ab work with the up coming weeks. I have really been neglecting my abs and want to really start training them well.

Cardio stats:
55 minutes
5 minutes below zone
18 minutes in zone
33 minutes above zone
467 calories burned
3.25 miles travelled

Loving the calorie burn this HRM is showing! Woo hoo!!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend! I'm done now until Monday.

This morning I did Amy's ASC 1 all the way through, then added Combo 1 & 2 ans Combined 1 & 2 from Amy's ASC 2. I also did the stretch from ASC 2. Workout was 1:05 and I burned 563 calories. Then I played around with my foam roller. I really beginning to love that thing!:D All this added stretching means I am going to have to start getting up even earlier when the kids go back to school, just hope I manage to stick with it, as I really do need the stretching.

Debbie - Great Workout! Sorry, for such the sad occasion fro you today.

DianeSue
- After I finished the stretch from ASC 2, the DVD was still running as I was foam rolling and all of a sudden after the credits there is Amy doing weights. What is that? I found no mention of it on box or in the chapter menu.

Good morning!

I suck! So you know how yesterday I said I was going to Power Hour. Lies. All lies!!! But of course you guys didn't actually believe me, did you? Anything I predict while on vacation can not be taking seriously. I have some legit excuses but I won't bore you with them.

BUT...I did get a kick butt leg workout in. I'm switching my program up now to lifting as heavy as I can for 6-8 reps. Unfortch (or fortunately) I didn't get there on the leg press b/c I was stronger yesterday on it. I almost have my weight maxed on on the Bowflex Revolution and need to buy more. I only use it for Leg Press. When I get bored with some other exercises and/or need a change I need to play around with it more.

Here it is:

Leg Press
12r x 150# 15r x 180# 11r x 185#

Calf Press
8r 8r 8r
150# 180# 185#
The higher weight is really tough for me on calf press but I'm hoping it helps me in my cycling.

Leg Extensions
10r 8r x 2
100# 110#
This last set was tough!

Ab Situps on bench
20/20/20
Done between leg extension sets with feet locked under pads.

Bulgarian Split Squats
8r 8r x 2
45# 50#

Lying Leg Curls
45# x 3

Lying Back Extensions
3 sets of 15

Squats - Smith
105# 3x8
I'm really focusing on squatting as deep as I can and sometimes it's tough to get back up!

Patti - What a great story you have. You have made a wonderful transformation and should be very proud of yourself!

So DH thinks he's fat now after our 3 weeks off. AS IF!!! He gained 6 pounds. He gains weight fast and then he'll lose it really fast. But...he has only worked out once. Usually he works out 5 days a week. So he's going to do 2 a days until we go to Mexico. He'll do cardio in the morning and lift in the afternoon (as cops they get an hour paid to workout - cool, ey?). I bet he loses the 6 pounds in 2 weeks. Makes me angry! You can look at him in my picture trail album in the Karaoke one from this past Saturday and see that he's not fat (a little drunk, yes, but fat, no). I'm glad he cares about his health though!

Okay, off to do something...

Debbie & Linda - Nice calorie burns this morning! It must feel good to get that out of the way. I wonder what that is like. Hmmm... Debbie, are you enjoying cardio any more now that you have a good HR monitor?

Sonya - I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder. I'm glad it was feeling better and I hope that continues. I think we should call this the Hardcore Fitness Maniac Screwed Up Shoulder Check-In!

Good afternoon! I was going to get up and do cardio but on the weekend it's too tempting to sleep. I'll do it while the kids are napping. I think it's BM2 cardio premix today- love that! I MUST do abs. I hate ab work.

Suz: LOL at your lies! Your leg workout looks terrific- great weights in there. I'm envious of your DH, getting paid to workout. Hmm, shouldn't health insurance companies pay us or give us a discount for working out? That's kind of similar.

Debbie and Linda: Good workouts this morning! I love my HRM with cardio work- makes me feel like I really spent some good time. :) Linda, how long did it take you to master Amy's step workouts? I tried ASC 2 once and returned it- probably should have stuck with it. I do like fun choreography but she blew me away.

You all DO have shoulder issues! My chronic problem is knees. Oh well, we all have something.

BBL with a report that I HAVE worked out. :)

Patti - I know. I'm terrible with the lies right now! Once I get back to work on Monday I'll be better b/c I get up at 4:50am and get my workouts done before work. I don't have time to lie. :) I agree that we should also get paid to work out. Everyone in my department calls in sick waaaay more than I do. I hardly EVER do unless I have a killer migraine that I just can't stand, but that's rare. I usually can't call in sick b/c somebody else is out sick. The city gives "goody days" so if you don't call in sick for more than 2 days in a year you get a whole extra week off! So in addition to getting to work out an hour a day at the police department gym (and my husband is in charge of purchasing all of the gym equipment so they have really cool stuff), he also gets an extra week off every year b/c he's NEVER sick. Does he have it made, or what? We have a pretty nice gym at the college where I work but I like to get my workouts done before I go in and shower and all that. I could shower there, but...I like my home gym.

Oh, look at me hogging all the posts today. I should be working out instead.

So I have this teensie little spot on my face that won't go away. I'm leaving it alone b/c I know that messing with it is the wrong thing to do. It looks like a freckle but it's rough. After Lauramax's post on OD a couple of weeks ago I decided that I should probably go in and have a full body skin check since I have MAJOR freckles all over my chest and back from spending my teenage years baking on the beaches of southern California. I'm going to call on Monday and make an appointment. If it's anything that they have to remove, won't that be pretty? :p

Suz - what a sweet deal your DH has!!!!:D:D:D

Patti - There is definitely a learning curve to Amy. I started with ASC 1 and it took me quite a few tries to get it, then I got Amy's ASC 3 and again took me awhile, but I do love the choreography. Now that said ASC 2 was the last one I received and I find it to be the hardest choreography wise of the three and it still trips me up pretty good. I find each time I do it I get one more really diffcult move down. :D

DianeSue - After I finished the stretch from ASC 2, the DVD was still running as I was foam rolling and all of a sudden after the credits there is Amy doing weights. What is that? I found no mention of it on box or in the chapter menu.

Linda - I do not have that DVD, but I read on another thread that she added parts of SloMo I think it was) after the workout.

Linda - Here it is...

I thought I might slip this in just in case you don't know this already. I didn't know this for the longest time! In Amy's Advanced Step Challenge 2 she snuck in two circuit premixes with Slo Mo strength mixed in with the step workout! (Select the NRG Mixes and go to the third page: you'll get Circuit NRG-1, 88 min and Circuit NRG-2, 87min) It's awesome!! And she also snuck in alot of her Slo Mo workout after the credits!! I've never seen any instructor do anything like this before!! She is so sweet and generous!!

Suz...you are cracking me up! You may not have done cardio yesterday but damn girl what a killer leg workout! Your DH is lucky....that was me when I taught PE...go to workout and get paid! You have a better attitude to returning to work on Monday...I am dreading it.

Ok, so I took my HRM to our friend where we bought it....yeah, even he couldn't figure it out! :eek: So I'm going to call the 800 hotline # to see if they can help.

bbl to post workout........

Hello to everyone.............

Hey Maniacs! Haven't worked out yet...no lie, lol!:p But, I plan on doing a fit test for my CLX rotation (start that tomorrow). I never do these things, but it might be beneficial;) So, basically it's a rest day. Funny, I got my bf monitor out and took my stats and DH and DS wanted to take stats too! Ds is really acting serious about getting in shape...hope he sticks to it. DH is still all buff and thin and makes me sick:D He is up just a titch though, so I don't feel so bad. My stats are in a private vault by the way:eek:! At least I didn't gain any weight over the holidays...sure feels like it though.

Diane Sue- Ellie is 2. She is about a year old in that picture. She has longer hair on her head and tail now. She has a tiny bit on her feet. Then pretty much bald everywhere else:).

Sonya- We have one of those complicated HRM and it just sits there. You'd need to be a computer tech to figure it out. I hate it.

Suz- Nice leg workout! I've done pretty well with my workouts this vacation. It was hard though. I've wasted my time all week feeling guilty that I've taken this much time off (if I was getting paid, I'm sure I wouldn't have felt this way:rolleyes:). Today is the first day I feel comfortable and now I have to start back on Monday.

Patty- Yeah, seems like a lot of us have been having shoulder issues. Mine is not really an injury, but tight burning muscles between my shoulder blades, mostly caused from my job.

Debbie and Linda- Great workous you two!

Shana- Interesting stuff about those workouts. I love when you get extras on DVD's.:)

Later...

I finished my workout. I did Tracey Staehle's Hi/Lo Med ball premix med ball which does cardio and med ball segments and burned 322 calories.
Then I did my strength A workout of my rotation followed by Butts and Guts stretch, yoga solutions post cardio segment, and Circuit Zone foam roller segment. Total calories burned was 763 55% fat HR was up to 147.
Strength went like this:
Butts and Guts
firewalkers purple dynaband
Stability ball glute raises 2 times
Glute Squeeze on stability ball
leg press 2 sets 16 reps 15# dumbbells both sides
Slow and Heavy
seated overhead press 3x 8 reps 20# dumbbells
deadlifts 3x8 reps 35# dumbbells
dumbbell rows 3X8 reps 20# dumbbells
Bowflex
wide grip pulldowns 3X8 reps 160# resistance
seated oblique twists 3x8 reps 50# resistance
reverse lunges off of step holding 15# dumbbells 3x8reps both sides
Butts and Guts
Bonus abs on the stability ball
Stretch
I have a birthday party for dil to go to in a bit so will have to come back and read the posts later. It is 72 today so we are going on the motorcycle:D

Workout done! I did BM2 cardio blast premix and abs. 654 calories burned, 25% from fat (I turned it off before abs so a bit more than that).

Diane Sue: Enjoy the motorcycle ride- DH has a Triumph but doesn't ride it much these days. And it definitely wasn't 72 here today. :p

Sonya: Good luck with that HRM! Mine is the Polar F11 and although I'm sure it has a few functions I don't understand or use, it wasn't hard to learn. I just needed 20 minutes with the instruction book and no kids yelling for me. :D

Dallys: How did your CLX test go? I want to start mine soon, but Debbie keeps sucking me into her fun rotations. :)

If anyone needs more specific help with the flickr photo site, just let me know. I'm no expert (trust me) but I will try to help. Gotta go call my mom. I'll BBL.

Patti...I just asked what brand your HRM was on the other forum. I think I am going to return this one and get something less complicated. Mine has a GPS...what the heck do I need that for????? It shouldn't be this difficult! :(

Diane Sue....72 degrees...lucky you! I hate cold weather! I'm sure your DH was happy with the results of the Rose Bowl! I was rootin' for Penn State...I wanted Joe Paterno to get the win.

Ok....have to go do my cardio before the Chargers game comes on! Will do BM2 which is scheduled for today....one of my favorites!

I am finally back from the birthday party. We had a nice visit. It was nice riding there on the motorcycle but when we left it was cold 43 and windy.They said temps would drop tonight and have a chance of snow Monday. I am still trying to get warm.

Linda, here is a link to the premixes on Amy's Step Challenge 2 http://www.amybento.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=47p
If you don't have Slo Mo this is a good way to check out the weight workout. It is one of my favorite weight workouts. It isn't in the chapter menu. You have to go to NRG Mixes. Like most of her workouts. She has cardio and All Pump Extreme mixes on her HI/LO Extreme too. You know I have never got the choreography down on Step Challenge 1. I have 2 and 3 down the best:)

Sonya, DH says we are all for San Diego winning tonight:D I have the Polar F11 that I got for Mothers Day and have had not a problem figuring it out. I don't really use the file part and the program part. I got one that just didn't seem to work well that was a Nike first. I took it back. I think the problem with it was the strap was to big and it just didn't fit snug enough. I really didn't have a problem figuring that one out either. I hate complicated stuf.

Patti, it definitely didn't stay 72 outside for long. I really like my Polar F11. My only worry is having to send it in to get the battery changed. I have heard some women have done it themselves or took them to a jeweler to do it. I worry about the seal on it though. Have you had yours long??

Dallys, did you do your CLX Fit Test?? I haven't done my BF in awhile. I guess I will wait till I start STS.

Suz, if you have a spot that won't go away you definitely need to get it checked out. I have had a couple that dd took care of in her office that were on my face. Fortunately one she had to cut out was in the crease of my nose and very small so it doesn't show much of the scar. And then I was asking about my back being itchy and wondered if there was a rash and she looked and said I had a skin cancer on my back. She took care of that too. DH had one removed on his face. Don't let it go because a small spot can leave a bigger scar than you would think. She said we should come in for complete skin cancer screenings.
Your DH is lucky to get incentives for working out. One of the doctor offices that my girls worked at had incentives for time spent at the gym. Funny though most of those women were over weight and didn't bother trying to get the pay incentives. I prefer working out at home in the mornings and getting my shower out of the way. It is much harder to do it later and I really wouldn't want to have to shower and stuff at a gym.

Diane Sue - I'm sorry you got so cold on your ride home. That's a BIG temperature drop! I hate getting cold like that b/c it's so hard to warm back up. I didn't even think about a SCAR! I don't wear foundation so how in the heck would I cover it up? Oh my! DH will start calling me Scarface. :p Nah, he said if I have a scar so what. Maybe it's nothing but it's still there. I never break out so... Have you gone for your full screening yet? Do you always wear sunscreen?

We went to Sierra Trading Post (yup, I was working out hard alright!) and they were having this huge sale - 40% off of stuff that was already marked down - so I got a warm cycling jacket that fit me perfectly and has great reflectors on the back pockets. DH picked it out. For him I picked out SIX short sleeved button up shirts. Most were Columbia but two were another brand that I can't remember. We got screamin' deals on everything. I'm so happy!

Did 40 minutes of BM2 cardio blast premix.

Ok, I am taking back my Suunto and getting a Polar F11. I looked at them on-line and that is exactly what I am looking for. Bless DH for trying. :)

Diane Sue...what a drop in temp...brrr! Charges are ahead right now in the 3rd quarter!!!!!

Suz...I agree w/Diane Sue...you need to get that spot looked at. I have tons of moles (hate them!) and have had 5 of them removed. I go to the dermotologist every 6 months.

Oh crap the Colts just scored......that's ok I refer to Phillip Rivers as the 2 minute man....he usually pulls it off the last 2 minutes of the game....I'm not worried......GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonya, lets hope the chargers pull something off pretty soon. I think you will be happy with the F11. The strap is soft and a lot nicer than the other one I had. I asked on the open discussion and that was the one that seemed to stand out with others so that is why I purchased it.

Suz, I have not scheduled a screening yet. I should be ashamed of myself. It is just finding the time and having dd fit me into her schedule. I do wear sunscreen. I carry some with me in my purse. I keep some in the bags of the motorcycle too. My biggest mistake though is that I forget on days when I go out in the yard to do a little task and end up out there longer than planned. I wear sunscreen moisturizer during summer months. Most of the time my foundation takes care of it though. The first spot on my nose was just a tiny spot that would almost disappear and then come back. I thought it was acne.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.