Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 1/29

Today was full body. Did the same workout I did last Friday but in superset format. Had a great workout.

3 sets/15 reps each exercise and 2 minutes rest between each superset.

SS #1
Double Arm Overhead Band Extension - Blue/Black bands
ss w/
Dumbbell Calf Raises - 40's (up 5#)
***Used Red and Blue bands last week.

SS #2
Decline Dumbbell Press - 37's (up 2#)
ss w/
Dumbbell Pullover - 27# (up 2#)
***This was a killer superset. On last set of the decline press I almost stopped at 12 reps. I pushed myself to get the last three.

SS #3
Leg Press Station - 145# (up 10#)
ss w/
Hammer Front Raise - 10's (no change)
***Love my leg press station. I really felt these today.

Getting ready for my interview. I got up extra early today so I could get all my normal stuff done and then read over some stuff. I'm nervous but not too bad. I feel pretty good about this because I know some of the people there and it's familiar. I think that should help.

Keep the prayers coming!

Debbie-nice workout. Best of luck to you today :p

Yesterday was HIIT Double Wave Pyramid. I think that is my favorite HIIT. I am giving up sweets for February. I really need to reign in the sugar :D

Weather sucks here but at least we don't have to get out.

Theresa

Morning. :D

This morning, I did Lowmax & ab hits,;) I gave about 90% to the LM, since it has been a loooonnng time since I have done a step workout.

Debbie: Good work!:) Good Luck…..

Theresa – Nice work . I am going to look at that one tonight, so far I’ve seen two kickboxing workouts :eek:

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Michelle' Dozois' Ultimate Body DVD - Weight segment and then I did YRG Mix 35". Total workout was 75" and I burned 589 calories. Max HR was 150. I finished with the 15" stretch segment from Dozois Ult Body.

I wore both my strapless & cheapo HRM with straps. There was a bit of a difference than with cardio. I was unable to get my HR at the higher peaks on my touch strapless monitor due to my HR falling before the reading would come up. This is good news since it means I probably burned more calories than I thought in the past.

Teddygirl - yes, my strapless-touch monitor has many more features than the cheapo strapped continuous monitor. I've never owned one with a strap before, so it was good to see the comparison, as I've always wondered. The new cheapo one came free with an exercise system and doesn't do the calorie count thing.

YRG is a program I got after reading about it on Videofitness. Apparently, it was created by a wrestler who blew a disc out in his back and worked his way back to health using YRG (yoga for regular guys/girls). This inspired me to try it, as it's supposed to give you strength and cardio with some flexibility training. This is the program that came with the monitor. It's basically a fusion of yoga, martial arts, callasthenics, and pilates rolled into one using dynamic tension with the movements to jack the HR up. I was very skeptical at first, but the more I do these, the higher I can get my HR. You really have to concentrate and squeeze all your muscles and act like you're moving thru cement. Today, I got my HR up to 137 with these. I'm getting better. They are by no means a stretch session, they are a workout. I've only done 1/2 hour DVDs so far. Will try an hour session next week since I'm starting to get the hang of it.

I also ordered the new WinsorSlim DVDs with the bar contraption today. My bad.

Have great workouts everyone.

Today I did Maximum Cardio Insanity. Then later I did about 15 minutes of a yoga segment.

I baked those almond butter cookies, they are good.

Debbie - GOOD LUCK!

I did P90X Legs & Back today, but minus the back part (shoulder doesn't need it) Anyway, I haven't done this one for a few weeks now so it was really a lot of fun this morning and I am thinking I will be getting lots of DOMS!

My workout is done. I only got 4 hours of sleep last night. The power went in and out. Fortunately it is staying on. I got up and made coffee at 4 am just so I would make sure that I had some if the power went out. Still snowing outside.
My workout this morning was P90X+ Upper body 41 min 350 calories Max HR 153 and then I did Insanity Max Recovery48 min 343 calories Max HR 156. I finished off with Tracey's Yoga Solutions post cycling 13 min and burned 39 calories. Total calories burned was 732 and workout was 1 hr 42 min..
P90X+ went like this: 60 seconds for most exercises
double double dip'll do ya (pushups into tricep dips) 60 sec
dead leg switch pull up- alternating grip 10 reps 60 sec
2-direction circle flies- 20 reps started with 12 # and switched to 15's
lunge curls- biceps curls while in lunge position 30 sec R then L 15x25# each
hammer kick- lunge position 30 sec R then L 15x20# each
frog push ups- BW 22 reps
L chin ups-6
fly blaster rear-flys balancing on one leg 10x10# each leg
lean back curls-60 seconds 30 reps 15# dumbbells
1 legged bridge dips -60 seconds switching every 4 reps
spiderman push ups- BW 60 seconds
7 point pull ups- 9 reps
warrior swim-30 sec each leg balancing 24x8# each
pumper curls- 2 full curls with 4 pumps 36 reps x15# dumbbells
side hammer kick- this is in lunge position doing a kickback to the side 30 sec R then L 15 reps 15#
Iso climber push ups BW 14 reps
clean to negative- these are pull ups using the chair to get in more reps 7reps( I am a weenie when it comes to pull ups)
shoulder everything- this involves 2 reps each side lateral raise, W raise V raise bent over one set then standing the next alternating 90 seconds 36 reps 10# dumbbells
bicep everything-2 reps each side, front, hammer rotation, hammer 90 seconds 42 reps 15# dumbbells
combat push ups-90 seconds 27 reps

Debbie, good luck with the interview;)

Linda, I am glad you left the back out of that workout. It is a nice leg workout.

Roselyn, I am a little afraid to try making those cookies unless I have someone here to share:) Glad they were yummy.

Theresa, I am giving up sweets because I need to:eek: Can't make that scale budge. I hate this weather.

Lora, that workout sounds interesting.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.