Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 1/21

So today was suppose to be cardio but since I can't seem to have a good cardio workout due to pain, I decided to do abs, stretch and try my foam roller.

For Abs I tried the new workout on MMA Boxing and I really liked it. Cathe uses 5# weights in this and it was just a good combination of exercises.

Then I did the Stretch workout from Karen Voight's Yoga Focus. This is the one I use to do quite a bit and I really like it.

Then I did some exercises on my new foam roller that I got yesterday. When I first seen it I thought it was WAY too big, but it works really well. I have a 6x36 one. I followed some exercises Linda sent me from M&F Hers.

I finally realized that the muscle causing me so much pain is my hip flexor. It hurt really bad when I did the hip flexor roll. So much so that I could hardly do it. After about the 5th or 6th roll it started to loosen up. So this is where I need to pay attention to. My glutes and hamstrings are finally back to normal. When I did the roll for my upper back/shoulders, I could hear all kinds of crunching noises. It felt really good to roll that out.

I feel great this morning and I'm hoping doing all this will take care of all this tightness I constantly feel.

Thanks for the foam roller recommendation everyone! I only regret not ordering it sooner.

Debbie-I'm glad the roller is going to bring you some relief. How do you do the hip flexor stretch? I watched some stretches on youtube. I have a tight IT band and hips. In fact, even after the stretch, I had some serious hip cramping last night. I could not get comfortable and pretty much slept like crap :mad:

Yesterday was cardio and I did KCM's cardio blast-it's athletic step w/ some plyo moves mixed in. I did not want to workout (it was the longest 30 min EVER) nor do I want to workout today. I am burnt out, achey, cranky, and sore. Sorry for the vent........

I have one more week with O and then I have to go it on my own for awhile. I am planning for a rest week or at least a solid rest 5 days to stretch, foam roll, and walk. I cannot remember the last time I took a SCHEDULED break.

Theresa

Debbie - So glad you finally got the foam roller. I love mine and honestly I don't use it often enough. But when I do it's awesome. BTW, I will be sending you an email in a couple of minutes.

Theresa
- Sorry that you are feeling burnt out, I think your scheduled rest week is a good idea. Will you be working with O again in the future?

Still not ready to do any work that involves the shoulder so I did cardio today. I choose Cardio Core Circuit doing the cardio only premix. Again had to sub out the mountain climbers and the squat-roll jump thingies (as I tend to push off with my arms). It's a good tough cardio workout, but I am sad to say that it seems even cardio makes my shoulder ache these days. Like yesterday I was doing a light jog back from my neighbors house and even that made my shoulder ache. What to do, what to do?:(:(

Hi everyone:D

I'd like to check in if i may :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: What can I say it has been crazy, lots going on. Never the less, I started my workout :D this week......its' been 4 days in a roll, that's good, right? I havent felted this montivated in awhile I felted mentally lost it has been almost a year, NO it has been a year hit and miss workouts but, I just could not get my groove back, for what ever the reasons, I have been losts, not only with with my workout, but, my life. Make a long story short, for the first time in a long time I feel like myself, not sure you guys understand it, but I been off my game in every aspect of my life, its' been crazy! I really had to pray and ask my God to help me and he has been, that's the only reason for me feeling so strongly to move forward, not just workout but my LIFE!

As far as my workout, (this ones for you Deb) I FREAKING started STS;):D CAN YOU FREAKING BELIEVE IT! Duh! What! STS been out over a year? and I never even viewed it I think I did disk1 and 2 okay maybe 3 woe! I can't believe......that's as far as I have got with the workouts, its been crazy:eek:

But, guess what, I started this week with:

M: CC8 (love candance)
T: KPC & abs
W: GS legs/standing

drum rolll please........:)

This morning, I did disc-1 CS&B & abs from Ab Hits:):):)

I really enjoyed the workout, I didn't or should I say couldn't go heavy, heck the heavest DB was only 10lbs and for bi's only loaded BB 25lbs. Okay, ttys:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have so much going on today that I have had a hard time getting here. My workout was quick but I got a nice calorie burn in. Had to get done to go pick up my granddaughters. Hit Target so I could get some grapefruit and silken tofu among other things. I have to leave back out the door earlier than usual to do more running and picking up.
I did Shock Cardio Circuit Blast 44 minutes and burned 420 calories Max HR was 172, then I did Core Circuit Premix functional core 7 min and burned 52 calories. Didn't have time for extra stretching :? Workout time was 51 minutes and calories burned was and calories burned was 472. I think that was enough anyway. Would like to go back and get some stretching and foam rolling in. Not sure if I will get it in today.

Debbie, the foam roller is such a great tool. I found that my hip fleors and the upper inside quad were where my tightness was. It is interesting how you feel the pain elsewhere. I like those M&F stretches and rolling. I recently found if I sit toward 1 end of the foam roller with one knee behind me on the floor and the other stretched out I can get the hamstrings really well and up under the glute area. I get tight in there too.

Teddy, good to hear from you again:D Glad you are getting back into those workouts.

Linda, sorry you are having a hard time finding some cardio that will work for you. Yeah, I tend to push off sometimes with my hands too. I have noticed that Cathe's new workouts have a lot of push up incorporated along with squat thrusts, sprawls etc..

Theresa, you really do need that scheduled break. I am not sure if I will take some workouts with me when we go to jamaica in March or try their facilities. Maybe I will take the whole week off:D

Theresa - It does sound like you need some down time and I think it's great that you will be scheduling some. Our bodies need rest sometimes, so good for you!

Linda - I sure hope you can figure out what's going on with that shoulder. That really sucks. Nice going with your workout even though your shoulder bothered you. It sucks to not feel 100%, doesn't it? I'm hating it right now. How much longer do you have of P90X?

Teddygirl - Yay on coming back!! And Yay on you starting STS!!! How exciting! You will love it, I want to do it again before summer hits. Char is on here when she can be, she is busy looking for a job and doing her thing. She still works out like a maniac. :eek:

Diane Sue - I'll have to try that manuevor too. And thank you so much for the foam roller recommendation! Nice workout today girl!

Today I did Insanity Plyo Cardio and I have to say it still kicks my booty.

Then I did about 15 minutes stretching before lunch. Felt great.

Now, can someone explain what the foam roller is and how to use it? Thanks for any info.

Ladies-I'm taking the rest of the week off. I will walk or do light cardio, stretch like a mutha' and foam roll my way into heaven :p

Roselyn-foam rollers is literally a long tube of foam. It helps work out adhesions and soreness in the muscles. It hurts when you first use it but really helps with spots that are painful. I just got one last week and I love it.
You can go to you tube and type foam roller for a pretty good demo of what it can do.

Linda-I will probably work with O in the future. It's sort of a monetary issue at the moment and I've still got a long road ahead so I can go it on my own for awhile. She has been wonderful and so knowledgeable that I am very pleased. I just have to get the diet right 90% and I think it will be smooth sailing.

Theresa

Roselyn, a foam roller is generally used that is 6 inch diameter by 36 inches long. You can roll on it in various positions to loosen up tight muscles. It breaks up adhesions in areas that are causing the pain. You roll till you find a sore spot then spend time in that area to break up the tightness. Sometimes it hurts terribly but is so worth it when you are done. Sort of like giving yourself a deep massage. There are many places online you can find movements. I highly recommend Keli Roberts Flexibility for the Inflexible to get a good idea of how to use it then go from there. I like to do this with tight and sore areas before a workout and after a stretch. Sometimes it is good to use before the stretch to loosen things up then do the stretch.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.