Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 1/12

Morning everyone!

Today was Chest & Tri's and I used the Pyramid and Gym Style workouts. Had an excellent workout. Also worked my Abs.

CHEST
Pyramids:
Dumbbell Flyes
ss/w
Dumbell Press: 20's/25's/30's/25's/20's - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
RESTED
Repeated but only did the up pyramid using 20's/25's/30's

Gym Style:
72 Drop Set of pushups
***I really thought I wouldn't be able to do these, but they actually seemed quite easy.

TRICEPS
Pyramids:
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's/10's/12's/10's/8's - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
ss w/
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 20#/25#/30#/25#/20# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
RESTED
Repeated but only did the up pyramid using 20#/25#/30#

Gym Style:
Close Grip Barbell Press: 60# - 3 sets/10 reps; last set had a bonus of 4 reps of 4 cts. up/4 cts. down.
***This only has 2 sets, I added a 3rd. Bonus reps were brutal.

ABS
Kick, Punch & Crunch
***I can't believe it but I couldn't finish the plank work. First time in a long time. She does 9 reps of roll ins and then pykes and I only could do 7.

That is all...

BBL!

I did Debbie's workout today and a little light cardio because I'm crazy and can't stop myself.

CHEST
Pyramids:

Dumbbell Flyes
ss/w
Dumbbell Press: 15's/16.25's/20's/16.25's/15's - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
RESTED
Repeated but only did the up pyramid, same weights

Gym Style:
72 Drop Set of pushups
---I did them all on my toes until the 4 and 2 set- I figured better to have great form and go slowly than to do them on my toes all jacked up.

TRICEPS
Pyramids:

Double Arm Kickbacks: 6's/8's/9.25's/8's/6's - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
ss w/
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 15#/16.25#/20#/16.25#/15# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
RESTED

Gym Style:
Close Grip Barbell Press: 45# - 3 sets/10 reps; last set had a bonus of 4 reps of 4 cts. up/4 cts. down.
---This is up from me using 40# last time- the bonus reps I had almost failure. Yikes, they were hard.

ABS
Kick, Punch & Crunch
---My chest was FRIED so the plank work was kind of wimpy- I only did the roll ins and quit early because my arms were shaking so much.

I'll check back in later- gotta run!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Hubby finially sleeping sweetly in the bed! YEEAAHHH!!! Not hearing too much coughing now.

I have butt DOMS this morning. :D Today I am gonna do a cardio coach workout. I don't know which one..whichever is sitting on top of the other cd's.

Debbie,

Good work!;)

I did Debbie's workout today and a little light cardio because I'm crazy and can't stop myself.

CHEST
Pyramids:

Dumbbell Flyes
ss/w
Dumbbell Press: 15's/16.25's/20's/16.25's/15's - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
RESTED

Gym Style:
72 Drop Set of pushups
---I did them all on my toes until the 4 and 2 set- I figured better to have great form and go slowly than to do them on my toes all jacked up.

TRICEPS
Pyramids:

Double Arm Kickbacks: 6's/8's/9.25's/8's/6's - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
ss w/
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 15#/16.25#/20#/16.25#/15# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
RESTED

Gym Style:
Close Grip Barbell Press: 45# - 3 sets/10 reps; last set had a bonus of 4 reps of 4 cts. up/4 cts. down.
---This is up from me using 40# last time- the bonus reps I had almost failure. Yikes, they were hard.

ABS
Kick, Punch & Crunch
---My chest was FRIED so the plank work was kind of wimpy- I only did the roll ins and quit early because my arms were shaking so much.

I'll check back in later- gotta run!

Good job, Patti, and on doing the extra cardio too! WOOHOO! I am really feeling like I want to do extra too. I am getting tired of being in the house so much because it is soooo cold out so I feel some "freakiness" wanting to come on! Thinking about getting back into my Toasty Rotation or doing P90X next rotation.

Thanks Charlotte and if I must confess, it wasn't light cardio...it was um, 3 of Cathe's CTX cardios. I just HAD to do it today- needed the sweat. Ha! You outed me! So happy your DH had a good night and is in bed.

Thinking of getting BFFM-- good results anyone? I know I'm at a healthy weight and I'm a tall girl like Shana, 5'9". But I can't help wanting to be a little closer to 130 than 140. Thoughts on this program? I know Sonya liked it- is it complicated?

Last edited:
Have to take DF to the doctor's this afternoon and I have a ton of stuff to do before that, so just stopping in real quick!

Debbie & Patti - Great Workouts!

Char - So glad to hear DH is doing better. :)

My hands are getting bad again at night, so sleeping is getting tough again and I am getting to bed to late. So it all adds up to me being one tired girl :confused:.
I really did not want to get out of bed this morning, but I talked my way out at little late. I had to shave a few minutes off the cardio but I got it all in.

Superset A
Reverse Lunge
8/8/8 - 31's
Decline Spiderman Pushups
8/8/7 each side ***Can seem to get past this rep count!:p***

Superset B
Pull ups w/ Knee ups
4/4/4 ***stuck here too****
SB Leg Curl
20/20/20

Superset C
AB Wheel Roll Out
10/10/10
X-Body Mountain Climbers w/ hands on SB
10/10/10 each side
Straight Arm Side Plank
30 sec. hold x 3

Then interval cardio at 30/90 ratio for six rounds, then the stretch segment from Amy's ASC 3 adding a few more on my own.

Charlotte - how weird that you would mention the Toasty rotation. Last night, I was going through my inbox. There was an old message from you and you mentioned the Toasty rotation. I think, when I first read it last year, I did not even know what a rotation really was :) I came from a background of working out long and hard, but going along on my own at the gym - didn't know this whole other world was out there! So, this morning, I was going to ask you about the Toasty rotation. Sounds pretty neat. And glad your DH is doing so much better!

Patti - I thought you were tall as well - maybe you mentioned it in your intro? I have BFFM and am just getting started in it. Sonya mentioned it a few days ago too.

Awesome workouts...as usual! I am still babying the back :( Funny how one day off, plus the rest day yesterday and most likely today, can make me feel fat! Dumb really...plus I realized I had missed two nights of BC so my hormones were out of wack=bloating. Bam - just like that. So, I doubled up last night and will tonight, and then be caught up. Drinking lots of water today and going to eat super, super clean so at least I feel better about that since I won't be burning the calories!

Morning maniacs, I had to be at work early today so I did the standing PLB only - all I had time for.

Leg Presses -
barbell - 40#/50#/55#/50#/40#

Squats -
barbell - 50/55/60/55/50

Static Lunges
barbell - 50/55/50/55/30

Started feeling this in my lower back.

Have a great day everyon.

Morning Maniacs! I'm going to do my workout after work as I have a short day and want to get my freak on during my workout without a time limit.:cool: I'm also feeling the need for speed being cramped up in the house. Cabin Fever is settin' in.

I feel like a shorty here at 5' 5" (actually more like 5' 3/4"). Most of you are all so tall! I think it's Debbie, Diane Sue and myself that are the shorties here. I feel like an amazon woman next to my neighbor who is 5 feet though.

The toasty rotation is a killer! Not for the faint of heart. A real calorie burner!

Anyone else gonna watch American Idol tomorrow? I like to watch, it helps get me through the winter, you know, something to look forward to every week.

Patti,

So the truth is known! lol. Aren't you a Capricorn? Hardworking type. ;)

Bionics,

You made me giggle on that one and my abs still hurt from yesterday. I think that rotation is for just one go around as I remember I tried to repeat it a second time around and got burned out fast. lol.

Linda

Thanks!

Shana,

Do you want me to send it to you?

Charlotte - that would be great! Sounds *fun*!

Dallys- DD and I are excited about Idol - we always look forward to it and my brother is here now (he was living in Argentina) and sometimes he comes over and we make an evening of it. Whether he is here or not, that is our dinner fun! It is just entertaining to watch for whatever reason - I am also watching my first season of Biggest Loser.

Thinking of getting BFFM-- good results anyone? I know I'm at a healthy weight and I'm a tall girl like Shana, 5'9". But I can't help wanting to be a little closer to 130 than 140. Thoughts on this program? I know Sonya liked it- is it complicated?

Yep, I have it and live by it. It's worth every penny, Patti.

Nice workouts everyone!!

Charlotte: Could you send the rotation to me too please?? Sounds fun! I'm such a junkie, I swear. :) Yes, I'm a Capricorn! Ha, you're right. ;)

Thanks Debbie- I'll get it today.

Going to meet an old high school friend for lunch- BBL.

Patti - like I said, I am just starting to read it. I took mine to Office Depot to get copied and they bound it for me - cost about $30 (slightly over, I think). It will be good to know somebody is reading it with me!

do you have it? do you like it?

Ally - It's an excellent book, it tells you what body type you are, how you should train, how you should eat. I live by it. It brought me from 20% body fat to 15% body in 12 weeks. I still follow it. It's an e-book, though, which means you buy it, download it and then you are responsible to print it out. You can also read it on your computer but its over 300 pages I believe. I can't say enough about how easy it was to follow. Tom Venuto can write books that you understand, he is awesome!

Shana: I just bought it (BFFM) so we can chat about it and try it out together.

MUST GO WORK! (Yelling at myself to quit screwing around.)

Afternoon Maniacs! Been a busy day today. Had to take DS to doctor....he has a sinus infection.

Char...Glad to hear DH is doing better. You piqued my interest on the Toasty Rotation...send to me too! (please) Bummed the Chargers lost but will always give credit where credit is due...kudos to the Steelers! Willie Parker had an incredible game. There's always next year for my Chargers!

Dally's...you made me laugh..freak on...so Chalene! DS and I watch AI but only the auditions.....great comedy show!

Shanna...hope your back gets better soon.

For all who are asking about BFFM. Debbie is the one who introduced me to it and I can't agree with her more....it is so worth the purchase! I have always eaten very clean but since tracking my carb-fat-protein intake and following his other methodologies like calorie tapering and carb cycling I have already seen improvements in 6 weeks!

Today's workout will be from Debbie's rotation...will get to that this afternoon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.