Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 1/10

Got my wish for snow today!!! :eek: Holy crap!!! We got like 6" so far and we are suppose to get like 5-8" more! WOW!!! I feel bad for my dh because he has to keep up with it al at his work and it takes him ove 3 hrs to do it. When he gets done this morning he'll have to go back later this afternoon and start all over. He hates Ohio. LOL!

Feeling great today. I had cardio on tap for today so I chose Cardio Coach #1 and then Challenge #4 from Cardio Coach #6 w/Candace. What a great mix. I'm going to make it a permanent mix on my mp3 player when I get time.

Cardio stats:
52 minutes total
2 minutes below zone
22 minutes in zone
28 minutes above zone
436 calories burned!!!
3.1 miles travelled

Hope you all have a great weekend. I'm done now until Monday!

Debbie - I'm glad you finally got your snow! Your poor DH though. Nice cardio workout. You know, one might almost think you like cardio by the sounds of your posts lately. ;) It's amazing what a little HR love can do for a person.

Last night I decided to do my shoulder work from Gregg instead of chest and triceps. So I'm heading to the basement now to do that and then spin for an hour on the bike. Oh joy! :) But I have lots of recorded shows to catch up on.

I hope everyone's Saturday is off to a great start!

Debbie - yeah on the snow! I would pay for snow about right now :) And I agree with Suz - who would ever thing you were a cardio hater lately??? Go girl :)

Suz - how funny about riding and catching up on shows. I did that all the time before Spinervals. My body is in serious need of a break. I got too tired this week from not enough sleep and it has all caught up, plus allergies don't help. When I woke up, before getting out of bed, I asked myself if this would be a rest day or not. I decided I would either spin to something recorded on the DVR or walk in our slightly cool weather. Maybe both - whatever it is, it won't be (pardon the expression) balls to the wall as I usually do. DH called me an exercise freak yesterday...guess I'm in the right place here...freak - maniac - what's the difference?!

Shana - That's funny you say that...DH asked me this morning what day I take as a rest day because it's very important to give my body one complete day of rest. Funny. I reminded him that I do rest on Sundays and that I was kind of a slacker on our vacation even though I never really rested - just from cardio. I just rested allllll day long until I would get my butt off the couch and to the basement, which is where I'm headed now I SWEAR IT!

Morning Maniacs or Freaks or whatever we are!:D

This morning I did CLX Burn it off and Recharge. Burn it off is 27 min. of plyo type moves and an excellent workout for that time frame. Chalene really knows how to up that intensity. Recharge is a 20 min. stretch workout that is 90% standing which was a nice change from floor stretching. I'm feeling super fine :cool:.

Funny, my son told me I was obsessed with working out. Hmph, what's wrong with that? (shoulder shrug):p

Tomorrow is a rest day and we are going to go see Body Worlds http://theleonardo.org/bodyworlds/index.php . I can't wait to see all the muscles and innards and vessels and stuff. Should be so much fun.:D

Have a great day crazies!

Last edited:
Hi all! Getting ready to go to the mall and Vitamin Shoppe. Will do PS leg workout this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a super Saturday!

Morning maniacs! I'm counting the minutes until the kids go down so I can do my cardio. I need my endorphins!!! DH tells me I have an exercise addiction. Ha!

Dallys: Glad you're enjoying CLX- I'll keep that Burn It Off in mind for days I want a quick cardio.

Suz: That's right, SUNDAY! It's what I always tell DH, when he says I need time off. I TAKE time off, man! I just don't take off a lot. :) Hope you made it downstairs- somedays getting there is more than half the battle.

Shana: You asked me about pace weights, right? I just have the small magnetic ones that give me a 1.25 or 2.5 pound increase, not the entire set. I toy with getting an adjustable DB set, since DH will be doing STS with me and it might be an ENORMOUS pain in the rear to bring both of our weights upstairs to the family room every night. We both can't do it in our workout room- only one person can comfortably lift in there at a time.

Sonya: Thanks for the BFFM advice- I'll look into it. I am so wired to eat to lose weight that I think adding more food to my daily intake will be hard for me. Ah, what would I do without my food issues?? :)

Have a good day ladies. I will be checking back in with my hopefully high calorie burn!

Forgot...

Debbie: Nice DOMS today in my legs-- not hobbling but a good sore. Thanks. ;) Also, I live in Ohio too. I'm around Dayton. You?

OK - good - I'm not the only one taking slack from the hubby/family!!!

Patti- I had some of those, but got confused when I bought them and didn't end up with what I needed so I took them back, wanting to get the .5 lb increment weights, especially for shoulders, b/c I would put .5 on each end of the DB to make 1 lb extra on each.

Suz - are you down there, working out??! Ha. You are funny. I've done nothing yet. Feeling pretty happy about it too :) I'll get on it here at some point.

Dallys - I would love to see that exhibit. It was (is?) here. Do they have more than one exhibit or does it travel? I have no idea if it is still here or not.

Hi all! Getting ready to go to the mall and Vitamin Shoppe. Will do PS leg workout this afternoon.
Have fun at the mall! Spend that $$$$!

Dallys: Glad you're enjoying CLX- I'll keep that Burn It Off in mind for days I want a quick cardio. Ah, what would I do without my food issues?? :)

It's a good one for a shorty. I think you'll like it. And yes, what would we do without our food issues? Doh, we'd be men! ROFL!

Dallys - I would love to see that exhibit. It was (is?) here. Do they have more than one exhibit or does it travel? I have no idea if it is still here or not.
Darn it all to H*ll! It sold out! My dd was supposed to get the tickets yesterday and slacked. She's still going to go, but at 1:30 in the morning:eek:. I'm not staying up THAT late (I don't think I physically can, lol). Bummer. It travels and Sunday is the last day here. Maybe they have more than one though, check and get tickets now if it's in your town!

Last edited:
Got my lifting done. Took forever though since I had the tv on and I should never do that when I lift. I take longer breaks in between sets. :eek: I did chest and tri's. I'll post stats in a bit.

Dallys - That Body Works exhibit looks AWESOME! I wanna go!!! Nice workout!

Shana - I Googled Body World and they have the Brain one in Houston right now and the Heart one in SLC. They also have one in London, one in Brussels and I think a couple of others. So I wonder if when they leave SLC this month and Houston next month if they will go elsewhere?

Sonya - Have fun at the mall! :)

Dallys - What a bummer!!! I would stay up and go! It just looks so awesome. But I doubt I would be able to get my DH to do that. :) It's in Houston until Feb. something. I hope it comes to Denver.

Here's my workout:

TRICEPS

Tricep Pushdowns - Rope
60# 8r
65# 8r
70# 8rx2

Skull Crushers
35# 8rx3
40# 6r
This last set was really tough

Tricep Kickbacks
17.5# 15rx3
20# 8r
20# 6r

Tricep Dips off Bench
3 sets of 15

CHEST

Bench Press
75# 8rx2
85# 8r

Chest Flyes
17.5# 8r
15# 8rx2

Pushups - Uneven
20/20/20/20

Hello! Great workouts, everyone! Sigh...I wish I could do more cardio--I have so many cool cardio workouts---but I think I'm supposed to not do too much of that so maybe I can gain a couple pounds. I'm so relieved it's the weekend. This week has been rather hectic with school starting and my interview on Thursday. I haven't done quite as much workout-wise as I'd like, but here's what I've done since I posted last:

Thurs:--Abs from 4ds kickboxing and 25 min Yoga for Your Moods advanced "stressed out" routine
Friday:--BM2 power circuits and upper body.

haven't worked out yet today, but I will soon.

No snow in southern california, by the way, lol!

Hey Maniacs!!!

Just finished Step Blast! Love that workout. So much fun.

Debbie,

Glad you finially got some snow and your getting more! WOW! We are getting rain.:rolleyes: Great workout! I know you are lovin' that hrm. hehe

Bionics,

Nice bionic workout! Nothing like recharging your machine! lol.

Suz,

Your workouts are smokin'! Nicely done.

Charlotte - You all are making me want Step Blast. Like I need another workout right now! Great job gettin' it done. How is Bobby feeling? Hopefully no broken ribs!!!

Suz,

Thanks for asking! Bobby seems to STILL be trying to fight this bronchitis. So he went to the doctor again and got stronger meds. Last night he did not sleep much AGAIN. Earlier today and mid part seems to be doing much better. He still continues to cough, but it is not as frequent and I think he might be able to sleep in the bed tonight instead of sitting up. I sure hope so.

Hermia,

Just wanted so say hello!

Yesterday was non-stop and this morning and afternoon DH was hogging MY computer!

Okay, today I woke up with a headache and was tired and didn't feel like doing anything, so I decided to keep it easy. So I did the Step Combos from IMAX 2 and 3 and The first Step Combo from Cardio & Weights, then I did the Basic Stretching segment from Cathe's Total Body Stretching and added a few extra for my shoulder. Then I started reorganizing my workout area and forgot to turn off my HRM, so when I finally remembered it it was at 1:30 and I had burned 596 calories! :eek: I am amazed at that burn for such a low intensity workout. Cardio was aboit 50 minutes the stretching was 15-20 minutes and the rest was me organizing.

Then yesterday I have no idea what the true calorie burn was because I kept stopping the HRM. First with a wrist weight I had on and the last time I have no idea how I turned it off, but I missed the calorie burn for my entire cardio section. So here are the exercises I did yesterday.

Superset A
BB Squats (to parallel)
12/12/12 - 87#
One Arm Over Head Press
8/8/8 - 26#

Superset B
Static Lunge
8/8/8 - 36's
DB Pullovers
12/12/12 - 42#

Superset C
Inverted Row w/ Feet on SB
12/12/12
X-Body Mountain Climbers w/ Feet on SB
10/10/10 per side
SB Plank
30 sec hold x 3.

Thene interval cardio at a 30/90 ratio for 6 roiunds going over the step with a lunge back. Ending with stretching segment 2 with the ball from Cathe's Total Body Stretching w a few added for the shoulder.

Workout is done! I feel so much better. I did the KB/BC 4DS cardio premix- so much fun! I love that BC cardio- it flies by. I burned 707 calories, 30% fat- probably last 100 calories was from me trying to learn the next combo in Steady State Step. It's a fun workout- nothing too taxing. I need cardio like that some days. :)

Suz: Great workout! Your 40# skull crushers impress me- I have a hard time with those. You DO need Step Blast (I'm a terrible enabler). It's not too hard to learn, but just hard enough that it is interesting. I get a great calorie burn from it too.

Dallys: Yes, we would be men! LOL!

Linda: That is a great calorie burn for steady state cardio- woo hoo! I love it when that happens. :)

Time to make dinner and shower before the kids wake up. Have I said that I love nap time? I think I say that everyday, lol.

Workout was Empire State joint mobility, Providence then I added round 2,3,&4 of Newport with a 15# kettlebell to get a feel for it
icon_biggrin.gif
I followed this with MIS abs using a 15 and 10# dumbbells, Step Jam abs using 10# dumbbell, Turbo Jam Kicken Core Core segment and the stretch(this didn't feel like much) at the last where Chalene was doing pushups off of the ball I did pikes. I finished with Flexible Warrior foam roller doing sections 2 and 3.
Doing Kettlebell workouts including joint mobility I burned 723 calories.
Total calories burned was 977 40% fat Max hr was 169 which is high for me
Empire State Joint Mobility 10 minutes
Providence:
Joint mobility warm up 5 minutes
round 1: 2 handed swing, 1 arm swing, hand to hand swing,
15# kettlebell 30 sec. 2 handsing, left arm swing then right 30 each, alternating arm swing 30 seconds (I repeated this round)
round 2: cleans 20# kettlebell reps 5,4,3,2,1,each arm, then alternate
round 3: chest press 15# 5,4,3,2,1 reps alternating 5 rt, 5 left etc then alternating 1&1 to finish
round 4: squat/sumo deadlift 30 sec ea w/25# squat,35# sumo deadlift,25poundsquat, 35poundsumo deadlift
round5: 1 leg deadlift 35# kettlebell 5 slow right, 5 slow left to end of 2 minutes
round 6: windmill into overhead squat 15# kettlebell 30sec each windmill right, squat overhead, windmill left, squat overhead
round 7: clean and press 15# kettlebell 5,4,3,2,1 reps left then right then alternate to end of 2 minutes
round 8: flip and squat/or high pull squat: 2 minutes 25# kettlebell I did the high pull version
round 9: tactical lunge: 2 minutes 25# kettlebell alternating legs in the lunge ( was really pushing that last 30 seconds ) I think this is my first time on this workout with 35# even though I did do it on Empire State)
round 10: triple crush, 2 minutes 25# kettlebell 30 seconds each tri and bi combo, triceps only, biceps only, tri and bi combo
round 11: sling shot into figure 8 with a static hold 30 seconds each figure 8's, sling shot right, figure 8's, sling shot left 25# kettlebell
round 12 seated press 2min 20# kettlebell 5,4,3,2,1 right and then left, then alternate to end
round 13: one arm row 25# kettlebell 5,4,3,2,1, switch Then repeat at a faster pace(I could go heavier on this but then Anthony speeds up at the last
round 14: pullovers, russian twists, sicilian twist 25# kettlebell 2 minutes
round 15: 3 minutes snatch test 15# kettlebell snatching right and left he speeds up the pace after first minute
Newport
Rnd 2 squat, 1 arm swing, double leg raise I used 15# kettlebell
they alternated 30 second of squats with 30 seconds of 1 arm swings then switch arms for 4 minutes, then did the double leg raise for 1 minutes, 1 minutes rest
Rnd 3 2 hand swing, hot potato, twist crunch
they alternated 2 hand swings with the hot potato I used 15# kettlebell then fast on the twist crunch
1 minutes rest
Rnd 4 Punch Matris, Planks alternated then last minute was single leg raise.
1 minutes rest

Suz, I did a long post to you yesterday about the shoulder rehab. I guess I didn't post it:confused: Anyway I found that at first I thought Kettlebells was hurting. After a month of this and all of the joint mobility along with using the foam roller it feels almost back to normal. My range of motion is good. It was hurting so bad before. I would feel tears coming when I would reach overhead or try to reach back behind me for something. No, the triceps dips did not hurt at all this time. They were when it was causing me so much problem though.

Patti, I can relate to the being addicted to the endorphins thing too. Have heard that from family. Well, I think that is a good addiction so I will keep it. g

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.