HARDCORE FITNESS HOTTIE MANIACS FOR AUGUST 26TH, 2008

Good Morning Maniac Hotties!!

Well I am gonna start the new rotation Deb is doing today. I will do the chest/tricep work she did yesterday. I know for me that this will be my breakdown for calorie intake:

HIGH CALORIE DAY: 2100
MEDIUM CALORIE DAY: 1900
LOW CALORIE DAY: 1750

Wish me luck...I am gonna feel this!!! lol. So ready to get back into the "fire" of things!

Last edited:
This month's cardio is suppose to be 3 to 4 - 30 minute steady state going only as high as 65% of your maximum heart rate. That is 118-120 bpm for me. It was really hard to resist wanting to go balls to the wall like I always do when I do cardio. I did one of my Cardio Coach mixes but only stayed inbetween 3.0 and 4.3 mph on the treadmill which is pretty much my rest zones. It was weird, I hardly even broke a sweat. I think I'm going to like this month's cardio. LOL!

Since I don't have time to do 4 - 30 minute sessions I'll do 2 - 60 minute sessions.

Cardio stats:
60 minutes
47 minutes in zone
303 calories burned (which actually surprised me.)
3.7 miles travelled

I wasn't expecting to break the 300 mark in the calorie burn but I'm glad I did.

Char - You crack me up with the title of this thread! Love it! Have fun, girl. It's brutal. Follow the reps I did. That is the key to this workout. I sent out the rotation to you yesterday so you should get it soon. Teddygirl, you too.

Debbie,

LOL! I was thinking that the cardio would not be so bad if the heartrate is at 60% and 65% so I think I can hang with that too. lol.

So here is my food intake breakdown for today:

(I am probably going to be at 2100 cals today cuz I know I need to add in more carbs, which I will do..this is hard for me to get just right)

Meal 1: 3 Jumbo eggs (scrambled), cantaloupe and watermelon
Meal 2: Protein Bar, 2 yogurts with protein powder mixed in
Meal 3: Chicken Breast (skinless of course), Salad (olive oil dressing) with sweet potatoe
Meal 4: Protein Shake
Meal 5: Meat and Salad

Morning,

Man oh man, did I sleep sound! :rolleyes: When my alarm clock went off (and it’s loud) I could’ve thrown my shoe at it, I was sleeping sooooooooo good.

This morn, I did CC8 only the first 40 minutes. I wanted to get in triceps and biceps but I only had enough time to do my tri’s. My chest is so sore from S&H chest and back that I did the other day, when I started running I had to hold my chest almost to the point where I thought about stopping and I always wear two workout bra’s! LOL

Tonight, I’ll be doing biceps and I’m going for a short walk, maybe an hour or so.

Cardio Stats:
320 cal burned
2.95 miles travelled
40 minutes

Slow & Heavy: (1 min rest between reps) feeling it!

Overhead press:
15/20/15
Lying Extension:
10/10/10
Kick backs:
8/8/5
Dips
2x8

Debbie: That’s so sweet of you. Thank you!:)

Toasty: Work it! :D

Last edited:
Char - I think you will like this rotation. It's a progressive rotation (especially with the cardio part) so it's kind of cool. I can't wait to see your workout later.

Teddygirl - Nice workouts!

I cannot believe how sore I am today. I can hardly bring my arms over my head. My chest, tri's and the armpit area are screaming at me today! :eek: LOVE IT!

Morning Maniacs,

I got my a$$ whooped this morning. I did Amy's Hi/Lo Extreme and I was dying by the end. A couple of times I even had to take an extra couple of seconds to recover before the next combo.:eek: I was sweating so much I even had to stop and go get a fan at one point. :p Then my quads and hip flexors have DOMS and the last interval included power lunges and I just wanted to cry! :confused:
It's funny how different types of cardio can kick your butt, I mean I can do Imax3 interval only and think nothing of it, but try hi/lo and I feel like I am completely out of shape :( Would love to know my calorie burn from this morning I swear it felt like at least a 1,000 calories.:eek:

Char - Good luck with the workout!

Teddy - Nice job!

Debbie - I would be interested in the rotation too if you don't mind sending it out. I think I liked your cardio better than mine this morning.

Debbie: I really got a good look at your work yesterday and said to me self :eek:DAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM! I see why you are sore. You’ll probably get lots of requests for this workout, if you like, when I get my copy I can scan it and save it as a Word document, sent to you so that you will have on your computer! Just a thought:p

SheWolf: Nice job yourself;)

Teddygirl - That would be awesome if you could do that. I'm making copies like crazy. Thanks!

Linda - Please pm me your address. I think I have it at home but I'd like to get it out to you today.

Debbie: No Problo :D Tomorrow, is my last day than headed to NC. Returning to work next Wednesday I will email rotation too you:rolleyes: Hopefully I get today!

Morning Maniacs! Today I did Slim Series Mix it Up and I'll do a bike ride later. Yesterday was Bike ride and Firm it up. Sunday was Shape it Up. That's the boring jist of it, but boy am I loving it! Legs are lookin' fine and I think I have a waist now!:p

Rob is still hanging around. He's (we think he might be a she.. Roberta?) really maturing and now he's guarding his tree and he charges at other birds that try to get in his food and water dish that is on the roof of our shed. He needs to make friends or he'll never leave for the winter.

I think the cardio is great for you all on Debs rotation. That's kind of how they retrain you for cycling. They bring it down a big notch (which is mentally really hard to do) and gradually bring it back up and it works really well for conditioning.

Later....

Bionics,

I am sure your legs are looking mighty fine with all that riding!

And you mean to tell me that all this time, you have been insulting Ms. Roberta by calling her Rob??? That is messed up!!! lol.

Well I have jalapeno pepper up my nose..seems to me I must have rubbed some off on my face as I was making another batch of salsa this morning. Now I cannot stop sneezing. I have to go wash my nose now. hehe

Morning hotties,
Was at the gym doing cardio circuit this a.m. I had ZIPPO energy. First I did 30 min of interval hill run- highest incline 10 and lowest 2.5. According to the treadmill I burned 704 calories (I WISH!!!) Then did EFX for 20 min then 8 min on the rowing machine. For some reason, my traps and shoulders are exhausted today. I didn't work out yesterday so I don't know what the problem is. Most likely will be getting a cold. Tonight, it's Kettlebells with a friend of mine at the gym. I don't feel like spending a lot of money on KB for home so I use the gym's. IMO they have better KB than Target or Sports Authority.

Lora- Sorry to hear about hubby. If you can, try to get everything in your own name otherwise he'll ruin you. Been there before. Right now if you don't have it, get your own bank account. Two if possible. Don't let him find out.

Dallys- At least Roberta is one of us now. LOL Sounds like she probably will be your second guard dog. :D Also, is it normal for a dog to preen herself so freaking much??? Either I have a real princess here or she has some kind of skin problem? I know for sure she's a paranoid type of a dog.

Toasty- You're so funny. You made me laugh :D How's everything going at your end?

Linda- Your workouts are looking real good. You like Amy a lot? I have 4 of her dvds and she's ok. Her weight training ones are real good but her cardio bores the hell out of me. Too repetitive for me. Do you have In the Ring?

Debbie- The rotation sounds real good. Let us know what type of results you get. Do you feel tired or anything at all? Where do you get the chipotle tilapa? Or you make it yourself? Every time I see it on your menu, it makes my mouth water. LOL

Have a great day! See you all tomorrow. :cool:

Debbie- The rotation sounds real good. Let us know what type of results you get. Do you feel tired or anything at all? Where do you get the chipotle tilapa? Or you make it yourself? Every time I see it on your menu, it makes my mouth water. LOL

I will definitely post my results as I get them. No, not tired, just really sore. I get the Chipolte Tilapia at Giant Eagle. It's premade, all you do it bake it up. It's excellent. I think Wal Mart has it as well.

Hi Maniacs

LORA- I PM'd you yesterday, you need to file ASAP...then there are temporary injunctions in place that stop him from doing all that! Plus, Ohio law provides for temporary spousal support. There are some things you can do, just hang in there and go to your PM box.

OK...talk about pain. You all know how I love Amy's ASC's, now I have ASCIII sitting on my desk and no date in sight for the end of the foot thing. By the way, the ER doctor was wrong...there is a chip floating in the side of my foot, he missed the fracture and I am now trying to get into my old orthopedic surgeon.

Diane Sue...hope you heal, can't wait to hear about what you think of ASCIII!

Debbie and Char..seems like lame cardio to me, but once you up it to 60 minutes it isn't so bad.

gotta run ...

Amber

Amber - I'm liking the cardio. It's nice not to have to kill yourself. The hard cardio will come with the latter part of month 2 and all of month 3. So I'm biding my time.

It hurts just to lift my water bottle.

Debbie - I bet your enjoying that DOMS. :D I pm'd you.

Lisa - I love Amy's cardio! I laugh at the repetitive comment, because I find cathe's to be so much more repetitive. Amy barely breaks any thing down. No, I don't have In the Ring, but I am considering getting it.

Amber - I have ASC III on the way. I can't wait!

Linda- Cathe is very, very repetitive for me as well. Her weight training and cardio both which is why I only do a few of her cardios. I stopped doing her weights a year ago. I have one of Amy's newer cardio which i can't remember...I think it might be the hi/lo dome or something like that. I haven't done it yet because it looked so repetitive so I keep putting it off. I've had that dvd for about 5 months now. LOL I do enjoy her newer weight training dvd that came out at the same time as her hi/lo dome...Can't remember that one.... She had Jefferson lunges or something in that one. My fav. from Cathe is the 4DS, the bootcamp one. Short, sweet and moves along. Her Drill Max premix ain't so bad either. I hate the drill #3 though. That one is quite repetitive. LOL

Anyway, time to get back to cleaning. Anyone want to clean my house for me? I'll pay you. LOL Toodles!

Lisa - YOu hate repetition but yet you can run on a treadmill going no where? I love 4DS Bootcamp as well. I tend to like the IMAXs as well, because they move along. Drill 3, is that the one with the fast feet? I hate that one. I've never even viewed the weight work from 4DS yet.

Morning all. Today is a rest day. Linda, which Amy cardio is that? I may need to try it. Sounds challenging.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.