Hardcore Fitness Hot Chicks February 17, 2009

SuzMax

Cathlete
Hello Friends!

Just thought I'd start you all off today. Thanks for all of your kind comments on my pics. I've been working soooo hard so I'm happy that it's paying off. I love it. :)

Just wanted to pop in and say "word" around work is that they're doing an undercover investigation on internet usage. Ha! We're all busted! I told DH I'm sunk! :p He said he's sure a lot of people are in the same boat (we have like 300 full time employees and 300 part time)...I know people in my office are. We're bad. But we also work hard. Somehow I don't think they care! Tee hee. My boss always likes me to think I'm on the verge of losing my job anyway so why should this be any different. DH said if I do it was meant to be. Bless him. Anyway, gosh, I'll never get to talk to you guys anymore. :( I'm going cold turkey at work. What WILL I do all day? Oh right, my work! :p

Have a great day everyone! I'l just be...working. As it should be! I'm off to work out.

Later skaters!

Last edited:
Today was cardio. I was in no mood for cardio and I was so tired when I got up which is unusual. I chose a Cardio Coach mix I made up which consisted of the 2 - 8 minute treks from CC #8, the 10 alternating hill climbs/springs from CC #7 and then the 5 - 1 min. sprints from CC #6 w/Sean. Ended up being a good workout but I really didn't give it my all this a.m.

Then I did the stretch from GS Legs.

Cardio & Stretch stats:
67 minutes
9 minutes below zone
28 minutes in zone
30 minute above zone
529 calories burned
3.75 miles travelled

My dad is having surgery on the artery in his neck. He needs a stint put in. Please keep him in your prayers. I'll know more later today. He is in surgery as I type this.

Debbie - Having just been there with my own Dad, my prayers are with you!!!

Okay I haven't had a chance to go back and catch up yet. So I am just going to start with an update.

They did a heart cath on my Dad yesterday and found a posterier artery that was 99% blocked. When the closed that area to work, my Dad developed the same pain that he has been expereincing the last several days. As soon as the put the new stent in (#4) the pain stopped. He should be coming home today.

I took my DS to the doctor yesterday morning, before going to the hospital for Dad, and DS has pnuemonia. Got scary yesterday when he temp hit over 104. But he got meds now and seems to be a bit better this morning. Although we ended up in a steamy bathroom last night for 20 minutes, trying to ease the cough.

And the biopsy report came back for my sister. There were no tumor cells, but there were blood cells, so they will remove the lump to play it safe.

As for me other than feeling a bit run down and really tired, I am doing great!

As for workouts I did LowMax on Saturday and burned like 588 calories. I did Amy's Slo Mo Total Body Challange 1 yesterday, stats below. And this morning I did LIC Cardio Premix (got up late after getting to bed late) and burned 394 calories.

[FONT=&quot]Total Body Challenge 1: warm up from leg

Rep count for most of these was eight, but could be wrong on some, so the first number represents how many sets at that weight.

Jefferson squats done on alternating sides
3- 35 ***The toes in and out on this are killer***

Hammy rockers
2- 20's
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Decline Bench Press
2 - 70# ***Added this on my own, good news is I was able to do full ROM this time***
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1- 65#

Lying row on ball
3 - 25's

Shoulder press on Ball with barbell
2 - 40# ***Only made 7 reps on the second set***

Bicep Bonfire
3 - 15's

French curls w/ DB (aka skullcrushers)
3 - 35# ***found the 35# DB hard to hold in the horizonital position:confused:****

Stretch from chest section
[/FONT]

Morning Ladies - lost my POST!

Linda - I am happy your Dad is doing well.

Debbie, you and your father are in my prayers.

todays workout

Back
chin ups 3x5 - YAY!
barbell rows 50# 3x10
lat pull downs with band 12 reps

Biceps
curls 20# DBs 3x8
concentration curls 20# DBs 3x8
hammer curls - 15# DBs 3x10

Abs

hanging ab raises 15
v ups 15
reverse curl 15

Treadmill 30 minute run - says I burned 363 calories in 30 minutes. That sounds high. Anywho I feel good!

Linda - I would say you have every reason to feel a little run down and tired!! Glad your dad is doing better and will get to come home. So nice that they were able to easily identify the problem. Also great to hear that your sister's news was much better than it could have been. Hope your DS improves quickly! And way to go on keeping with the workouts through it all - sometimes, that little bit of normal is a great help in life, and energizing too.

Debbie - Prayers for your dad today ... And you too :)

Hi Ally! Great job on the chins~

Diane Sue - I am going to order Muscle Chow. Saw Sonya got it too.

Patti - I am still reading along on BFFM but got distracted by Nutrient Timing. They are all for carbs throughout the day, eaten at the right times. You may want to check it out - it is MUCH shorter!

Today is cardio and abs. I am thinking that my bike is calling my name. Then off to work (where I sometimes end up online too ;) ...poor Suz - your day will be much longer now!) before picking up DD from school and embarking on an evening of a project on Patrick Henry.

Last edited:
Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Going nuts here. Really want to workout.:rolleyes: I know if I do, I may regret it, and if I don't I may feel fat and doughy and go insane. :eek:

Debbie,

Excellent workout, and yeah, no wonder you might be feeling alittle tired now as that was alot of calories burned too. You know I am saying some prayers for your dad.

Shana,

Have a good workout! I would love to ride my bike..seems like winter is back for now though.

Linda,

WOW, you have had a lot on you, but it seems like everything is getting better now and your son will be fine..children get over things fast. I'll keep you in my prayers though..that was alot on one person. Geez.

Charlotte - you don't have a trainer for your bike? I don't really care that much for riding outside but am going to try to get more into some rides this year. I will ride for you, my friend. I know what you mean about the fat, doughy, insane feeling! Funny how missing workouts does that, but as soon as you do one, you are feeling all buff again - at least that is the way my crazy head works. Good for you for not pushing and making things worse - you could miss a year and still not be fat and doughy (love that word!)

Linda - I'm glad to hear your dad is doing better. Haven't heard anything about my dad yet. Called my step-monster but she didn't answer her phone. :mad: My dads artery is blocked 95%. This surgery will do him good. He has no memory and it's because he has no blood going to his brain. Once this surgery is over he should be a new man. Hopefully.

Thanks all for the prayers!

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did Icycle Set 9. Had a great workout, but know I need to work a lot more on my cardio. I've officially released myself from my CLX rotation. I will still be using the workouts, but now won't feel all guilty if I don't do it as written.:) I have a tendency to do that. I don't feel old anymore either. That only lasted a couple of days. Glad that feeling is over. Whew.

Linda-Debbie- You guys are going through a lot with your dads (and Linda's family). My thoughts are with you.

I've gotta run... running later here. Extra customer showed up on wrong day, so my day is screwed up.

Morning all

Tonite is Cardio.. My favorite... Right..
Surprisingly no soreness today.. Shocked..

Suz, get to work..

I am trying to stuff some lunch here and these people alwys ahow up early..
Gosh i need to eat..
Gotta go..
Take care all.

Foods for today:

M1: 2 scoops ON whey shake w/strawberries & banana (post workout)
M2: Fresh Cinnamon Roll BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M3: Cashew Butter Chicken Stew; 1 tbsp raw almonds; clementine
M4: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/4 c. oats
M5: 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites w/veggies omlette topped w/ 1 tbsp. parm cheese
M6: Chocolate Protein Pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1730.5 calories
58 g. fat - 30%
161 g. protein - 37%
150 g. carbs - 35%

I'm getting sick of eggs again. :rolleyes:

Hi guys!

Linda: Glad your dad is doing OK, that your sister is going to be fine and wow on your DS! When it rains, it pours, right?

Debbie: I'm thinking about your dad- keep us posted.

I did Push/Pull upper body 3 sets premix- not a bad workout. It had some odd ones in it though- the Y back with the thumbs up and the inverted shoulder push ups?

BBL- phone ringing.

Just got a call from my step-monster. She said my dad is in intensive care right now and probably will be until tomorrow morning. The surgery took 3 hours instead of 1. His arteries are a mess. The blockage was at 90%. Hopefully this will make him feel like a new man.

I'll keep you all updated. Thank you all so much for the prayers.

Debbie...Glad to hear your dad made it through surgery ok. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Linda...Good news about your dad and sister...will continue to pray for them (and you). How awful for your DS! Hope he has a speedy recovery!

Today's workout will be Shoulders, Arms and Abs. Will do 20 minutes HIIT on stepmill when done lifting.

Meals for today (medium carb day)
M1: 6 egg whites, 1egg, cream of wheat w/blueberries
M2: protein shake, apple
M3: 6 oz. chicken, 5 oz. yams
M4: Surge
M5: 5 oz. salmon, 1 cup broccoli
M6: protein shake, small salad w/cucumbers and radishes

Busy at work...catch ya all later!

Debbie - they were just there - i did a search and they came up - i think XS was the only size they had for that price. It says XS fits a 5 to 6 inch wrist so it should fit fine.

I am so glad your Dad is ok. I am telling you, I have been thinking so much about things these days. My husband's Dad died last year of a heart attack - he was only 63. It has been a tough year for DH. My Dad is 85 - and has Alz - I think it would have been easier to have lost him earlier. He is no way himself. he dosen't know we are is his kids. It is so sad to see. it kills me. It is like he is gone but he is not. Anyway, just part of life I suppose.

Take care and I will keep an eye for more discounts on versa grips.

Debbie I sent you a pm with a link to ebay fit versa grips for $45.00

Hey you guys - why on my profile is the picture showing but when I post out here, there is no picture?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.