HARDCORE CHECKIN MONDAY 5-10

Just a quick check in as I am getting ready to go have my EMG done.

This morning I choose Power Hour and thought I was gonna die!:p My endurance sucked. I matched Cathe for most everything, doing only a bit heavier on some things like one arm rows, kickbacks, biceps and went lighter on OH press. Thinking since I want to stick with lighter weights and am kinda lost right now I just might follow Debbie's rotation except switching the weight & cardio days.

Linda-good luck w/ your test. I haven't done power hour in years, in fact...I don't know what happened to it. I think following Debbie's rotation sounds like a good plan.

Theresa - I haven't done Power Hour in years either and it felt like it.:p One thing I noticed was doing underhand rows with my arm rotated out with the BB killed my shoulder, I had to switch grips. Thanks for the luck I'll let you know how bad it was, I hear it can be pretty bad. I'm nervous.:confused:

Today was cardio and I did the Body Max 2 Cardio Blast premix. Had a great workout. I didn't think I've done this premix before but I think I did it just recently. Oh well, this time it was a lot more fun because I caught onto the steps really easily. My right knee is bothering me, I think it's because I'm doing so many step workouts again.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 8 minutes total
7 minutes below zone
21 minutes in zone
40 minutes above zone
529 calories burned

Linda - Good luck! And PH killed me the first time I did it too. It's been YEARS since I've done workouts like that. Very hard to adjust.

Good Morning - I don't know about my workout today. I may take it easier and just do lighter cardio as a warm-up and then some yoga -- or, The Viper :confused: Quite the difference between those two options. Morning's aren't the best time for me to make decisions or ... anything else for that matter. But, whatever I don't do today, I will do tomorrow. I'll see how I'm doing a little later.

Linda - I'll keep my finger's crossed for you :D.

Debbie - I saw the rest of the rotation you posted this weekend. It looks really fun. My ankles get achey if I do too much step. Hope your knee's not bothering you too much :D

Theresa - Hope you had a good weekend. If you're up for working out, are you going to start any particular rotation or just take it a day at a time? Maybe you still need some rest time. That sounds really good to me today ;) .

Diane Sue - Woo Hoo :D New workout stuff!!!! Wonder how it will change your workout vs the way you were improvising.

Hi to everyone else :) .

Lori

Lori-those are two VERY different choices LOL :D I have not decided what to do yet. I have been feeling pretty crummy w/ allergies still and they are the worst yet. I sort of designed a rotation, but I am still not sure. Mornings are not my best decision making time either :)

Debbie-nice work. Is that the premix w/ the blasts like imax? I know you said you took glucosamine, but have you thought about switching brands? Have you taken the same brand for awhile? Do you take fish oil supplements? The reason I ask is b/c I started taking gluco/chondr. (Rainbow Light brand Arthrx Relief) and my shoulder has almost completely quit hurting :eek: and my knees pop WAY less than they used to. I love that stuff.

I did a total body workout today. I did my Fit test with my HR monitor this morning and VO2Max was improved even more. Now that probably means I even have to work harder
icon_confused.gif
Then I did the own zone walking on the treadmill. I stayed there till I had gone a mile 16 minutes and burned 68 calories. I then did Shock Training Circuit Blast 45 minutes and burned 311 calories. I used a little heavier weights this time using a 20 where Cathe used 15#. Heavier med ball etc.. I then did Drill Max Total body premix without the cardio and went a little heavier, 53 minutes 301 calories. I finished off with STS ab circuits yoga based abs 15 minutes 42 calories. Total calories burned was 723 workout was 2 hrs 8 minutes.

I have an extra busy week ahead with lots of family events and a potluck dinner to go to. I am not set on a rotation yet. I think I will do some total body workouts and try to work in some of the Bosu Explode workouts. Hopefully it won't be long before I get the new equipment:D

Linda, I hope things aren't too rough when you get the EMG done. I haven't done Power Hour in years either:)

Lori, I don't do well if I can't decide what I am going to do when I walk in the workout room. I spent the longest time looking at my DVDs this morning thinking about what I wanted to do. Tomorrow I have to have a decision made as I have to be up by 4:30 to get done and out the door.
Those really are two different types of workouts, but I understand. First thing in the morning I am usually not that motivated for something really intense. Now, if it is set ahead I will attempt it anyway and usually the energy comes after I get started.

Debbie, sorry about the knees. When I was having problems I found that I was ok using just the platform or one riser. I am back to two though and not having problems. Hope it lets up.

Theresa, good luck deciding what to do:)

Lori - So what did you decide to do? The Viper is a scary workout! :eek:

Theresa - Yes, that is the one that has all the step segements, then does all the step segments together and then has 4 power circuits. It's quite fun. I take Glucosomine Sulfate and am wondering if I should be taking the Condro.? I had read somewhere that the sulfate ones work faster in the body but now I'm not sure if that's true or not? Do you happen to know?

Diane Sue - I only use 1 set of risers with the platform with all my workouts. I think Cathe is nuts using two. Some days are worse then others for me, this morning was a worse day. :confused: It's my right knee and I tried stretching it out and it didn't help much. I hope it doesn't keep bothering me. Nice workout today!

Linda - How did your appointment go?

Roselyn - That workout on my rotation is Maximum Intensity Strength, not Muscle Intensity. I had a brain fart!

Hermia - Hi girl! Hope you had a great weekend! :cool:

Debbie-I have heard that the best combo is to take the Glucosamine, Chondrotin, and MSM together. The brand I mentioned has all three, and it is amazing. I have noticed a drastic difference in the ole' joints :eek: Oh...and it's 17.00 @ allstarhealth.com for a month's supply.

Debbie-I have heard that the best combo is to take the Glucosamine, Chondrotin, and MSM together. The brand I mentioned has all three, and it is amazing. I have noticed a drastic difference in the ole' joints :eek: Oh...and it's 17.00 @ allstarhealth.com for a month's supply.

Thanks Theresa, I will definitely check it out. How many a day do you take?

I'm bbbbaaaackkkkk..... Okay test wasn't as bad as I feared it might be, certainly not pleasant, but not terribly bad. Kinda like touching an electric fence over & over again first with one hand then the other.:p Oh and having a needle stuck in your arm five times each arm.:p Good news is left hand show some signs of carpel tunnel but does not require surgery, bad news is right hand is in bad shape (she had to keep jacking up the voltage to get a response) and is in need of surgery. Now I just need the MRI and if the right shoulder needs surgery then both the shoulder & carpel tunnel will be fixed at the same time.

Debbie - Sorry your knee is bothering you, hope it feels better. Looking forward to trying out your rotation, because today proved to me I cannot do heavy weights right now. (I had tried DB's instead of a BB for the squats and my shoulder ached just from holding the weight:confused:)

Lori
- That's one heck of a choice!

Theresa
- Sorry to hear the allergies are still acting up! I will have to check out that supplement, because honestly these old joints are starting to ache.:p

DianeSue
- Nice mix as usual. I don't know how you decide what to do each day, I have enough trouble picking one workout.:D

Debbie-I take 2 pills a day. I take them at the same time, they are not small pills but it's not horrible.

Linda-YES check out that supplement, I really attribute it to my decreased popping and cracking ESPECIALLY my shoulder. The pain is almost completely gone there and I haven't done anything else (on a regular basis) to work the joint. I'm sort of sad and glad about your results. Glad that they found SOMETHING and sad that you have to get surgery. When is the MRI?

Here's the link to the supplement:
http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/rainbow_light-arthx_relief.htm

Theresa - The MRI is not scheduled yet, the doctor's office was suppose to call me last week once they had approval, but never heard from them. So I called today and they said the girl that handles approvals was out last week and that she will call me tomorrow morning. I hope it's soon, my shoulder aches:(.

Theresa - Thanks! I will get me some.

Linda - I'm so sorry to hear this. Not fair at all. I wonder if the carpel tunnel is the cause of your shoulder problems as well? All the nerves in the arms are attached, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the cause.

Nope. No, no, NO. I am definitely not up for tackling The Viper. Probably, a little Garter Snake could take me down today :confused: I tried. I went in to set up my workout (didn't get to that last night). Sometimes if I turn it on, or play one of the intervals or something while I'm getting ready, it helps to get me in the right mindset. That probably sounds pretty corny :eek: , but it works. Today I just looked at Cathe and crew doing power hops and plie jacks and stuff and thought, "They are nuts. No way. I need a nap."

I might do something not too intense later. Maybe I should just take a rest day. That's tough for me. I use exercise to regulate my mood and give me energy - probably more than I should. I'm aware of this, but ... I don't know. I do have sleep study scheduled for next week. Not too excited about it, but maybe it will help.

In any case, my body (and mind) are just tired.

Linda - Wow. Glad they found some things out. After going through that, one would hope they would :confused: But it really is a mix: good news and bad news. Are you ok about needing surgery? At this point I imagine you might be if it will offer some relief. Hope you're alright!

Theresa - I took note of the supplement you mentioned too and am going to order some. Thank you :D !!!

Diane Sue - I started using the Workout Manager awhile ago to avoid the very thing you mentioned (staring at my DVD's not knowing what to do). It's been good for helping me plot low and high impact days, too. I've got most of my rotation planned for this month. A nice feature (and one I'm going to use today :confused: ), is that you can easily click and drag workouts to different days if your plans change. The Viper will just have to wait until tomorrow ;) .

Debbie - There's a song DS liked awhile ago: Always Hardcore, by Scooter. Ever hear it? I remember you mentioning how much you like music and every time I hear that song, I think of this thread. Kind of funny, huh? I am not worthy today :eek: . I am going to use my workout time to take a nap with my Beagle.

Have a good afternoon,
Lori

Debbie - I agree, I think the carpel tunnel does cause some of the pain in my shoulder, but I don't think it's all of it. If you could feel the tenderness when they press on the long head of the bicep you'd agree. And now sometimes the ache will go down my tricep.:confused:

Lori - Just take a rest day. Obviously your body needs it. Never heard that song before, I will check it out! Thanks!

Linda - Wow, there is a lot going on with that arm and you are right, I'm sure it's more then just the carpel tunnel giving you such pain. I'm so sorry to hear you will eventually need surgery. I had hoped that would be avoided. :(

Debbie - The bright side if all I need is the carpel tunnel surgery the surgery itself only takes 4 minutes and the recovery from that is just 4 weeks.:D

Lori - I am okay with needing surgery, getting it is another story.:p It's just that you hear nightmare stories of carpel tunnel surgery going horribly wrong and other stories of fantastic success. So it makes you wonder what side you will end up on?

Last edited:
Debbie - The bight side if all I need is the carpel tunnel surgery the surgery itself only takes 4 minutes and the recovery from that is just 4 weeks.:D

Well that's not bad, but if you have to have something done with your shoulder at the same time then it could be more time. That would suck but at least you'd get it all taken care of at one.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.