Hardcore Check in Weekend May 15 and 16

WD

Cathlete
I didn't see a check in started so thought that I would start one. Had a good workout this morning. I did Bosu Explode Amped 53 min and burned 339 calories Max HR 154, then I did Explode Burn minus the w/up 58 min 346 calories Max HR 157, I added the c/d stretch of Explode Fuse for a longer stretch 6 min 17 calories. Total calories today was 692 workout was 1 hr 57 min.. We have a dinner party at an Italian restaurant and my son in law's college graduation today. I have to make enchiladas for a potluck dinner tomorrow. Not sure how good my eating will be this weekend:eek:
I added cardio intensity to the burn workout and did things like adding the jumps to the squats duing the first round of balance squats, added wood chops with 15# to the ball crunches. Anyway I found ways to up the intensity this time around and was much happier with my workout:D

Today was a circuit workout and I think I've had the best workout since I started this rotation. I did Low Impact Circuit and I think it's my most favorite circuit workout so far. I can't believe I've had this workout since it was offered with the presale and have never done it. I think that's been about 3 years now. :rofl:

This was the 2nd time doing the step part of the workout and I remember having a really hard time with it the first time through. Didn't this time. Everything clicked and I got the steps almost immediately. Very fun!!! Sweated like crazy and burned some great calories. Used two risers and the platform, my knee did very well.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 5 minutes total
2 minutes below zone
16 minutes in zone
45 minutes above zone
523 calories burned

:D

So begins my weekend. I did good yesterday and so far today. I'm going to my mom's to eat lunch and there lies my downfall. I will strive for only one serving. I have to cut her grass so at least I'll burn off some more calories doing that.

My kitchen is torn apart so no cooking for me today. Not sure what we'll do but I will be mindful in what I put in my mouth.

I will update on Monday! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Yesterday I was really sick. I barely started a warm up for my workout and that was it. Dizzy. When I layed down and closed my eyes, I actually had bed spins like the kind you get from drinking way too much (not that I would know this first hand of course :eek:). I will spare you the details (your welcome :p), and just call it stomach flu or GI issues. I've kept water down today - and 7-UP but my head still really hurts and I have the chills and stuff. Think I'll try a Hiit workout later (kidding).

Good luck to you guys on your weekend challenge. And good luck on your job interview Hermia (hope it's something great with a better schedule and hope you get it :D )!

Diane Sue - My DVD's and foam roller got here yesterday. I previewed a little of Extremely Ripped 1000 while spinning on the couch. It made me queezy. It looks tough. Right now though, typing is tough. Maybe tomorrow.

Roselyn and Debbie - LIC may be next on my wish list - at least in the top 5 :D .

Theresa, Cheryl, Linda, Lora and Char - HI.

I may be back later to see how your weekend's going.

Lori

Hi Everyone and Happy Sunday,

Lori - OMG....I hope you are feeling better today. PLEASE take it easy and if you still have a fever make sure you see a doc. I love Extremely Ripped 1000 and usually add it in once a month or so. It's difficult. Take care of yourself. :)

Debbie - TOLD YOU SO..........LOL. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE LIC, and I never did the entire workout before this rotation either - go figure!! I had done parts of it and liked a lot of the step segs, but this time it was a BLAST. Anyway, the rotation for next week looks REALLY difficult and my calves and hamstrings are KILLING me from GS Legs - again, go figure - I didn't think it was that difficult and upped the weights on the lunges - DOH. I hope your kitchen is back together soon.

Theresa - I hope you are having a great weekend and doing well with eating. :) I had to think of you and Debbie yesterday when DH wanted to go out to breakfast, which I managed to decline.

Hermia - Best of luck on the job interview!!

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday!!

Hi to everyone else!!

I did pretty well with my eating yesterday. I did have baked Brie with crackers for an app and split a small piece of cake with DH, but I literally only ate one meal all day yesterday. I ordered a large salad with smoked turkey and no dressing, so I think I was definitely within calorie range. I almost forgot to mention that we took a 3 HOUR hike with the dogs yesterday, which included hiking a lot of steep hills, etc. After that we went to camp and worked like animals with last minute cleaning and set up. We actually stayed at camp last night for the first time of the season :cool:. I woke up this morning FREEZING - it was only 38 degrees out, but it should warm up quickly today to the 70's. I'm tired as DH was snoring his head off last night sleeping like a baby to the sound of the crickets and peepers!!

That's all for now. I'm taking today off - kind of- will take the dogs for a long walk and have some serious house work to get done, but no formal work out planned. Have a great day!!

Cheryl

I did NOTHING yesterday. I was feeling quite a bit better - by late afternoon/evening, I thought about working out and cleaning and other stuff because really, I felt pretty good. But I stayed put. When I did walk around I still felt a bit weak/dizzy but I think I was probably dehydrated somewhat.

After reading about Diane Sue's workout yesterday - and your day, Cheryl (it sounded wonderful!!!) -- I am itching to move. When I couldn't stand studying anymore I previewed some of Tracie Staehle's Kickbox Challenge. Holy cow, that looks fun. I have a workout planned. I'll start and see how it goes. I feel better but ... puny.

By the way, I had quite the dream yesterday. I wasn't going to mention it, but I suspect that it was strongly influenced by you guys. When I'm sick, my dreams are even stranger than usual -- this one was very funny. I think it had to do with all the injuries you guys keep working through - that and Diane Sue's daily marathon workout, plus a post awhile back from Char when she felt a migraine coming on, ran and got an Advil then finished her workout. Maybe also Theresa's gift for reviewing DVD's (Tonique). A bunch of those things jumbled up.

So. My dream: I was doing a Hiit workout, I guess -- most of the dream was focused on watching the TV screen much more than I would in an actual workout. They were doing those 180' turns, but not staggered on the step - more like the plyo leg version. Brenda and Lorraine were in the back row and kept getting closer to each other while they turned. One of them missed a spin and was going the wrong way. Bam. Man, did they klunk heads - hard. Then, they disappeared (fell) out of the screen. Deazie and Cedie kept smiling (but their smiles looked rather "concerned") - they got to the break and Cathe didn't even seem to know, so the workout kept going. Mid-way though the next drill, Brenda pops into view rubbing her head. She looks way disoriented. Then she walks out of camera range. Lorraine shows up awhile later with an ICE PACK and goes over to sit on her step. Between drills, Cedie and Dezie run over to talk to her. Brenda just wanders - in and out of view - even during the workout - right by the other women while they're working and sort of just stares at them - still shaking her head and rubbing the goose egg. The whole time, there's Cathe: "Are you working? C'mon, you can do anything for five seconds ..."

And then, I woke up. It took me a sec but I started LAUGHING. Not sure how well I translated it to the written word but it was really funny in conscious retrospect. And no doubt influenced by all of you in one way or another.

Anyway, I hope you are all having a good Sunday.

Lori

Last edited:
Today was pretty much a total rest day:D We went to church and had potluck dinner afterward. I only put food on my plate once other than going back for some bread pudding that was yummy. Haven't had a bread pudding splurge in years. Dinner wasn't too bad. Had some salad with lowfat dressing, one of my enchiladas that were made with lowfat cheese and lean ground beef, 1 slice of smoked brisket. Then this evening I had another enciladada. I really am hoping to fit in some of Amy's Slow Mo tomorrow along with Bosu Explode Fusion. I still have the GI thing going on. Wasn't sure how I was going to make it through church and dinner. I weeded out my back planters since the rain let up this afternoon. Came in all sweaty and cleaned up just in time for the winds and huge hail. It was awesome in a scarey sort of way. Tore up a lot of stuff. Neighbors had windows broken out. Our fifthwheel trailer had all 3 skylights torn out and rain was pouring in. The air conditioner was torn up too. But it blocked our northside windows which is the ones everyone was having to board up. Tore all of the flowers off and bushes are butchered. Our roof and truck along with the fifth wheel will need for us to have insurance come out. Anyway. I cleaned up outside a little. Hopefully it doesn't rain for a bit because we will have to do something with the trailer. I have loads of errands to do tomorrow as well.

Lori, I hope you get to feeling better. I love reading everyone elses workouts. Motivates me when I am not feeling it so much:D Glad I am a motivator of sorts:D I have so much fun when I do Tracey's New Kickbox Challenge workout. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Cheryl, it sounds like eats weren't too bad. Quite often that is what happens here. It is just one meal that is usually not really terrible but with some cheats. Then the rest of the day ends up with light stuff. I had to laugh about you being tired and dh sleeping like a baby. Hope you get some rest.

Diane Sue - Yah. You are DEFINITELY a motivating force for me :D. Everyone on this thread is. There have been times (even before I actually joined you guys) where I was thinking about wussing out on a workout -- I’d read what you’d done and just … couldn’t. This check in has been a great source of inspiration. I‘ve gotten into things and heard about workout‘s I‘m sure I‘d not have if it weren’t for you. That’s a way cool thing. Sorry your stomach's still bothering you. I still have the GI stuff to some degree too - it’s so much better than it was, though. No fever. Mostly, I’m just ambivalent about eating. My stomach’s just real sensitive/ moody still. I think I may try Tracey’s workout tomorrow.

Had a pretty good workout today. Toned down a little from what I’d planned, and it took a little longer cuz I really needed extra rest breaks between muscle groups. When I was working though, I worked - felt pretty good. I did pyramid upper body -- doing the full pyramid, then after a 4 minute break, I did descending only. During the “rest,” I’d originally planned to do Tabata intervals on my bike. That lasted for three muscle groups, then I was just too wiped out. I also did some timed body weight exercises and practiced swings and get ups. It was a pretty ambitious workout, considering how I felt the last couple days. The actual work (not including extra breaks) was about an hour and forty minutes. I may have still been behind on fluids when I started - really pushed those and that seemed to help.

Guess that is all.

Hope your weekend was good.

Lori

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well. Just a quick check in before I finish my school work and go to bed. I did Amy's All Pump a little bit ago. Unfortunately, it was my only workout this weekend. Yesterday was mostly taken up with the job interview (which I felt fairly good about) and pre-marital counseling; then I was tired and had to do school work. =)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.