HARDCORE CHECK IN WED. 07/28

Tekmistic

Cathlete
Good Morning everyone!

Today was Drill max for my circuit workout, which I am happy to report that I finished AND gave 110% - truly maniac status!! :p Total workout time was 75 min and I increased the weights for most of the exercises. I have to say I have felt much more energetic this week, so hopefully that will continue.

Diane Sue - Thanks for the info on Circuit Max. I don't think I will order it at this time, but maybe in the future if it is the "special" of the week or something.

Ok....gotta fly....busy day at work today, but will try to check back later!

Cheryl
P.S. The heat and humidity are back again - ARGH. It is going to be mid to high 90's with a heat index well over 100, so I don't think I will be taking the dogs out for a run tonight. :(

Today was Meso 2, Week 4, Disc 23, Legs. Had a puke status workout. Wow, this one really got me good. My legs are fried! Last triset workout. After my recovery week I'll be doing the Squat Rack Leg cycle. Looking forward to it!

Did 3 rounds of each Triset segment with a 1 minute break in between each round.

TRISET #1:
Leg Press - 20#/10 reps each leg
Wall Squats - 15's/10 reps
One-Leg Slide Back Lunges - 12's/10 reps

TRISET #2:
Elevated Deadlifts - 30's/10 reps
Side-Slide Lunges - 15#/10 reps each leg
Narrow Stance Squats - 30's/10 reps
***Started out using 35's for squats but my low back felt weird so I lowered the weight.

TRISET #4:
45 Degree Lunge - 15's/10 reps each leg
Plie Squats Alternating Hand - 37#/10 reps
Low Plane Lunges - 10's/10 reps each leg
***OMG! This was incredibly tough. My legs were just screaming at me at the 3rd triset.

CALF WORK:
Did the calf work from 4DS LIS
***Love this one!

Glad that is over!

Cheryl - Nice job on Drill Max!!! You go girl! It's going to get hot and humid again here too. This has been one incredibly hot summer. But I'll take it over winter! :)

Last edited:
Good Morning -

30/30 yesterday and J. Michaels' level 3 from 30 Day Shred (thought that was ... ok). Also did PUB ba/sh/bi, repeating descending set. Probably will repeat the Pyramids next week - really got the weights spot on and worked very hard. Liked it very much. Today I have PLB and MMA Kickbox planned. They are FINALLY re-doing the roof today (right NOW, in fact). The house is shaking. I do not believe I've ever had 10 men tromping around on the roof above me like this before. I was about to let Skyler out but a PITCHFORK came flying off the roof :eek: Maybe we'll just wait on that a little while :confused: ...

Debbie - Glad your last tri-set workout was a good one :D Same thing here on the weather. I swore if winter ever ended, I wouldn't complain about the heat. I have kept my word, but man - I do have to catch myself sometimes ...

Cheryl - Great job on Drill Max. Getting back in your groove - sounds like it :D.

Hi to everyone else. I'll check back later

Lori

Cheryl-3 cheers for you and DM.....that is one tough workout. We are supposed to hit 100 and stay there for awhile :( Where's the remnants of a tropical storm when you need them? :D

Debbie-Low plane lunges always make me curse like a sailor :D Nice workout, as usual

Lori-we were out of town when they were roofing.....thank goodness, and the stray nails scare the crap out of me b/c one of our dogs would step on it......it is a given. Like I said, I really like your creativity w/ the Pyramid workouts :)

Yesterday I did some kettlebell work and a bodyweight workout. Time was around 40 min and that was enough. Eats were about 85% yesterday, I flubbed a bit at lunch but managed to redeem myself for the rest of the day :)

I finished my workout. I did Turbo Fire Fire 45 45min 345 calories Max HR 164, then I did MMA Boxing Heavy Bag and combo 3, lower/upper drills, abs and stretch 42 minutes Max HR 160 280 calories, I finished off with Turbo Fire Stretch 40 stopping after the pidgeon 21 minutes 75 calories. Total time spent 1hr 48 minutes and calories burned 700.
Tomrrow I will do lower body work. I have to head out in a bit to get my granddaughters. Then some things we need to do. I am taking them to the library and probably to Dillards to pick up a gift card.

Cheryl, great job on Drill Max. That is one tough workout:D

Lori, what were they using the pitchfork for:eek: ? I didn't see any pitchforks when they did our roof at our last house or this one. Just foam, and pieces of roofing material.

Debbie, looking at that workout makes me kind of want to do it. Low plane lunges are tough.

Afternoon Maniacs - slept in till 7:30 ....off today. I woke up a few pounds lighter (water weight?) and my abs were pulled in a bit.....wonder if it was CardioBarre or YRG?? MMmm.. I ended up doing CardioBarre Beginner and then added on the Advanced Upper Body 15" segment from the Advanced Disc. I only used 2 lb we...ights (this moves very fast - I was forewarned at VF) and I even went down to 1 lb for the triceps....which they fry! I didn't think there was enough bicep work....must remember to use heavier DBs when they do the shoulder and bicep work since it's shorter than the triceps. You wouldn't believe the amount of reps. I even dropped my 1 lbers at one point. I really think this type of training is different than what I'm used to. Good cross training.

Workout was 65" and I burned 545 calories. Then I did Rodney Yee's AM Yoga - Forward Bends 20" and finished with Dr. Yoga House Call (Ravi & Ana) Bye Bye Back pain and Inflammation segments. I also did plough and shoulder stand with breat...h of fire on my own and then rolled my upper back out on the foam roller for a few minutes since I think I went too low in the pushups and tweaked my left shoulder a bit. I hope massotherapy helps a bit later today. Usually, I spasm back up in a day or so....we shall see. I wish I knew I could go regularly....but that is not the case. Feels good to be off my feet today! Yay. See More

I just got these workouts today. This girl is a Cirque De Soliel performer and is freakishly strong. Her form is very good....I'll have to modify ...of course ....especially the diving pushups off a a high step.

http://www.kristy-leewilson.com

Be back later for personals....getting ready for my massotherapy tx.

I had so many errands to run. Then DH called and told me my new iphone was in. So now I have to figure that all out. Stopped at the grocery store and am supposed to have a Schwann's guy come for an order but he is already 20 min past time. I just wanted to buy some of their meets.

Lora, maybe you could try each workout separately and see which one is helping? Or maybe niether one is causing you problems and that is the issue. Try foam rolling more. I bet that would help keep the kinks out.

That is such a good question (Diane Sue - about the pitchfork). They had THREE of them :confused: I really can't imagine. But. I HAVE A NEW ROOF :p :D :) :) :) Finally. Theresa, you were smart to be out of town. Being in here while they did it was kind of ... shocking. I just really wasn't expecting it to be so ... what it was. I think there were about ten guys. The supervisor came to the door to tell me how long they would take and that I should probably take pictures down and move any heavy objects from high shelves. No doubt :eek: They were super efficient and fast though. I am going to have to dust later. You wouldn't think a house even COULD shake that much but tiny particles of ... not sure I want to know ... were coming down at one point. At the family reunion, my dad expressed concern about me still being "alone (not married)." He told me I needed to get out more and couldn't just expect a man to just come falling through the ceiling into my life. Heh heh - Well. There were a few times there today where I thought ... just maybe ... :rolleyes: Some guy with ... a pitchfork :confused: Something not quite right about that - THAT guy comes up through the floor, right :p .

Anyway. Have I talked about my roof enough? Sorry :eek: Just quite a relief to have it done.

Theresa - Thank you - It has been very tough and fun. Also, I like that mix (kb's and body weight exercises). 40 minutes is plenty of time to accomplish a lot with that AND 85% is darn good :) I suppose (and understand) you may have wanted that % even higher - but still ;)

Lora - Workout sounded pretty intense - nothing burns like super high reps. How was your massage? Hope it helped. Per Diane Sue's suggestion, I need to spend some time with my foam roller, too. Hope you're enjoying your day :D

Roselyn - What workout did you do for chest and back? Hope the Cardinal's kick butt for you tonight. I can say that, since I don't really follow sports ;)

Finished PLB. Before I started it, I did some extra heavy squat work. I felt really strong today. Also did a few more add on sets/exercises though I didn't follow the format I used for PUB. Felt like a good workout though. Still have cardio scheduled for tonight.

Just checked in to say hi (didn't even intend to post anything). Better scoot. Hope you guys enjoy your evening.

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.