HARDCORE CHECK IN TUES 7/27

buttercup78

Cathlete
GM LADIES

First, thank you for all the nice thoughts re DH and I. Things are better, sometimes I think we are the type that need a real zinger to get us communicating again :rolleyes: Second, I am sorry I didn't get back over here for personals, but it looks like everyone is staying the course.

Yesterday was cardio and I wanted to do step. I the the w/u, combo1, and combo 2 from ASC3 and then the 1st Power Up Section from Traciey Long's Focus. I finished w/ some indian club moves and the stretch from ASC3. Time was around 1 hour for all of it, 40 min of that was step. Today is kettlebells and maybe a HIIT workout.

Last edited:
Happy Tuesday!

Theresa - My oh my you are up early today - ;). Nice workout! I hope things are better for you and DH, and again, I completely understand - uh unfortunately. :confused: Again, I need to quote my 14 yo neice who always says "boys are just dumb" - cracks me up!

Today was Hardcore Extreme (the second workout - high and lower intensity). I think I am REALLY going to like this DVD - WOW!! I worked really hard and the time just flew by! Total time was about 70 min, which is, sadly enough, the most cardio I have done in one day in quite some time. :eek: I also am happy to report that I now own EVERYTHING Cathe, except Circuit Max, which doesn't look all that appealing to me - unless you all think otherwise? I also have yet to buy my OWN STS, but DH promised he would buy this for me in the fall/winter.

Again, next week I am off to camp, and I really can't wait. I decided that I will focus on strength training next week and will try GS alternating with S&H. For cardio I can always go swimming, hiking, biking, running, walking....yeah enough of that. :)

I hope everyone has a great day and happy workouts to all. BBL.

Cheryl

Today was cardio and really wasn't in the mood for anything. Not even Cardio Coach. Plus my hip flexor is tight again so I thought CC should wait a bit.

I decided to just get on my treadmill and do a steady state pace. I started out jogging for about 5 minutes to get my HR up and then I just did a fast pace at a 4% incline to keep my HR up. Worked well. Had a really good workout. Listened to my music and just sang as I walked.

Then I did the Ab work from Power Hour. I like that one, I don't do it often, but its a good one.

CARDIO STATS:
52 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
15 minutes in zone
34 minutes above zone
414 calories burned
2.75 miles travelled

I want to know why I can burn more calories just doing a fast pace walk then doing Imax 2? Pretty weird.

Ok, why is my time off? In my settings I have it set at -4 atlantic time. I posted this message at 8:23 and it's showing up at 9:23. What is wrong with my settings. Anyone know?

Last edited:
Cheryl- YAY for 70 min, I only have the stamina/desire for 40-45 max :eek: But more power to YOU :D And thanks, boys are just dumb sometimes, that really is very wise of your 14 yr old niece. I remember Circuit Max being a doozy, but it has been quite some time, I think you should have it all covered w/o that one. and yeah, I had a terrible nightmare that woke me up @ 5:30, and I refused to go back to bed.

Debbie-the settings on this site are an enigma to me at times, I think I was on a European time setting forever, but I didn't change anything :rolleyes: Do you do the Cobra move or upward dog move to stretch out the hip flexor? If I recall, your job is computer work that has you sitting? That right there has to create havoc on the hip flexor. Anyway, super nice burn for walking especially if it beats Imax 2 :eek:

HI -

Debbie -The time on my posts is always way off :confused: For me sometimes, the 'do your own thing' workouts end up being the best. Those are really good numbers :D Oh. About the contractor - it's been ridiculous (the weather and damage). The last hail storm toasted our siding, garage door, screens, even the PAINT on the garage (and some other stuff). So, I now have in 2 claims for the insurance co. Nuts - but there are homes in this neighborhood that got it a lot worse than us. They’ll be here (the contractors) for the next week or 2. Part of the problem’s been our area was desgnated a catastrophe zone (or something like that). That's what my insurance co. told me, and they’ve been very slow in responding to claims and stuff. Just shaking my head. Going through all this repair process, I feel like the little pig who built his house of straw - got it blown down - and now am rebuilding it with … straw :confused:

Cheryl - HI. Glad you had a GREAT workout. Wow. Also, saw your post from yesterday - The blahs are tough (I call it being in a funk, too). This one’s been low grade (with peaks) and long-ish for me. Sorry you’re fighting one off. I thought Diane Sue’s post was great yesterday. Some time’s are just spot on - some aren’t. I think most people tend to cycle like that. Looks to me like you have a good plan and some cool things to look forward to.

Theresa - I know just what you mean and have had relationships like that (blow outs seemed 'necessary' sometimes to get back on course). VERY happy things are improving. Your workouts and stuff have looked really good :D

Diane Sue - Your garden sounds beautiful. I’ve always loved rock gardens. Mine’s in the backyard -I’m not sure WHAT the neighbors would say about it if they could see it - at least sometimes :eek: . Actually, I was able to spend some time on it the past couple days - it’s much improved and very pretty, I think. I just don’t want to give up on the wildflowers. I think they remind me of Colorado (the mountains) - at least that’s part of the reason. I’ve got my to do list right here, too (I think it's staring at me :confused:) Wish I also had your grand daughter ;) she sounds really sweet - and helpful. DS is really very good about doing his part. He has a soccer camp this week that's taking a lot out of him, so I'm sort of letting him coast.

Hermia - Chuckled at your (and Cheryl’s) comments about men (for Theresa). Guess I’m on the opposite end of it all - single in a place where I really don’t even meet many members from that interesting sub-category of our species (men). I remember though. Also, it's very cool that you branch out and try new classes - fun to hear about them , too. It'll be interesting to see how the new yoga teacher's classes develop and become more challenging. Hope you keep us posted :) .

Lora - I'm trying to remember your schedule. I think you work today and then are off again tomorrow? Hope I'm remembering the part about tomorrow correctly. I was thinking about you (again and some more) last night. When I'm hurting emotionally/mentally, I feel it physically. It goes vise versa too. You're tuned into the body-mind-spirit connection, I think. It just seems like it is (and has been for some time) hitting pretty hard in all those departments. You are so strong (and stubborn), but also gentle and sensitive. I think that's a good combination but it can make you more vulnerable to the negative forces (and then, headstrong about giving in to them). My own stubborness works against me sometimes. I channel it in the wrong way - can't always see what I'm doing. I wonder: if the roles were reversed and one of us shared about how much pain we'd been in for SO LONG, on so many levels - would you maybe suggest we seek medical attention ASAP -as a a starting point? I won't even go into what that job does to you. I imagine it's a vicious cycle at this point. I don't know, and I hope I'm not speaking out of turn. I just want the best for you (which you deserve) - and wish for some relief and freedom for you. Keeping you in my best thoughts.

So - yesterday I did B. Blanks Basic Training (from 2005, I think). It was about 50 minutes. Added in some light weights and kb swings to make it more -- interesting. The ab work on this one was really pretty good. I also did Pyramid chest and triceps, taking a few minute break after each, then repeating the descending pyramid. I finished with an extended stretch (20 min.) from a workout series Billy did in 2004 (Foundation, Energy, Strength and Power). Really, I’d say it’s largely a beginner workout (didn‘t know this when I got it). It does have some good segments in each workout - just a lot of down time in between. The Power workout is kind of fun (combos) and MIGHT count as intermediate. The Foundation workout’s actually an instructional (it has the added stretch). It was pretty helpful when I first started kickboxing -- he puts time into explaining proper technique and breaking down movements. I think watching that is part of the reason I feel so solid in my kicking technique now. I RARELY use these (have them on VHS), but remembered the stretch and it was a nice add on.

Today, 30/30 and the rest of PUB - same format as I used for chest and triceps.

Good grief, what a long post :eek:

Hope you all have a great day

Lori

Diane Sue - I know what you mean. It's hard to ride when it's so hot outside. I still do it, but wow, this year has been totally unreal!

Lora - Not sure what to suggest about your ab work. You really do need to strengthen it and keep it strong, but you can't do that if you are in pain. I'm wondering the same thing Hermia is wondering - why is it taking so long to heal? Is it a pulled muscle or tendon? If you can do plank work, I say do it. It's the best ab exercise you can do and it works the entire area in just that one exercise.

Hermia - Glad you enjoyed your yoga class! Hopefully she'll make it a bit more challenging next time.

Theresa - Nice workout! Sounds like it was a good one. What's weird about the time is it's right here at work. How can it be right here and not at my house? Weird!

Cheryl - Excellent workout! Those HC workouts are tough! Glad you got through it and that it went by so fast. Circuit Max was never one of my favorites. I can't even remember the last time I did it. Hope you have fun next week, does that mean we won't be hearing from you?

I finished my workout and went into town to vote and run a couple of errands. Workout was Turbo Fire Hiit 20 I repeated the first two intervals for a total of 23 minutes Max HR 165 calories burned 173, then I did 4 Day Split Upper body premix 67 minutes 382 calories, I followed wit Turbo Fire Core 20 91 calories, and finished off with 4DSplit High Intensity Step stretch. Total time was 1 hr 54 minutes and calories burned was 657.

Lori - We must have posted at the same time!! I heard all of Billy's workouts are easy. Not sure I'd like those workouts. And wow, bummer on your house damage! Do you live in Kansas or something? We've had some bad storms around us too, but luckily we have come out of them unscathed. Hope you can get it all resolved without too many headaches.

Debbie, it has been a strange year for weather. Winter was so bad. Then this summer has just been totally strange. First tons of rain, now the heat. They were playing clips of people complaining about the heat and couldn't wait till it was over on the news. Then they showed clips of people complaining about the winter LOL

Hermia, I bet you are really good with the yoga. You do it so much. YOu are probably a lot stronger holding those poses than I would be.

Lori, a lot of people are just getting their storm damage fixed from the hail storms. The mortgage companies along with insurance are making it a slow process. We were lucky because dh just took the insurance check to the Bank that holds our mortgage had it signed and was done with it. My dd still hasn't been able to get their work done and the mortgage is holding half of the money:confused: I hope that you get it all done and out of the way. We just finally got the last of ours done with the rain guttering.

Cheryl, I have all of Cathe's except Ab Hits which I just felt the workouts were on the other dvds so I didn't really need it:) Those Hardcore Extreme workouts are tough. The all cardio one that you did today was my favorite. But they are all great.

Lori - Bummer about the storm damage - :( I hope your repairs go well and easily and aren't too much of a pain! I have decided that I will overcome this "funk" I have been in for the past few weeks - not really quite sure how yet, but I'm determined! :rolleyes: Maybe a few drinks at camp will do the trick next week.

Debbie - I probably will not be able to post next week. I can't get internet at camp - even with WIFI and and a satellite dish, but if the weather isn't so great one day I might drive into "town" and sit in front of a hotel to "borrow" their internet - check e-mails and post, etc. :) Also, some of B. Blanks workouts are difficult. I REALLY like the Advanced Ripped workouts - mega sweating and possible puke status if you really push it!!

Diane Sue - Do you like Circuit Max? It's the only Cathe I don't have, and I was on the fence about getting it... I'm very impressed (as usual) with your workout today- WOW!! I really enjoyed 4DS last week and think I will have to throw that one into the mix more often. :)

Ok...gotta get back to work. I have Drill Max on the agenda for tomorrow. I don't think I will get in any additional exercise tonight, other than laundry and cleaning and packing for next week.

Cheryl

Debbie - I probably will not be able to post next week. I can't get internet at camp - even with WIFI and and a satellite dish, but if the weather isn't so great one day I might drive into "town" and sit in front of a hotel to "borrow" their internet - check e-mails and post, etc. :) Also, some of B. Blanks workouts are difficult. I REALLY like the Advanced Ripped workouts - mega sweating and possible puke status if you really push it!!

Ok, sorry! I stand corrected. I have a few friends who have done Billy's workouts and have said how easy they were. I might have to check out his ripped workouts. We'll miss you next week!

Cheryl, I like Circuit Max. I do not like the warm up because it is a space hog. It is another workout I think I did so much I really got tired of it. Then I went through a phase where I pulled it out and changed it up using heavier weight and doing only the lower body. It has 3 floor cardio segments that alternate with light weight( I believe they use 5 or 8 lbs) segments of compound upper/lower moves (like lunges with overhead triceps extension)then it has three step segments alternated with the upper/lower weight segments. The third floor and first step segment has some kickbox feel to them, then it does some chest and ab work on the floor. I usually used 10# dumbbells when I did this workout.
It comes with Cardio Kicks which used to be kind of fun. Haven't done it in forever.

Debbie, I agree with Cheryl on Billy Blanks workouts. I have had some that were pretty easy but he does have some that are tough. I have the Get Ripped Advanced workouts and they are not easy. I also have the Ultimate ones but they are much easier. I sold the original set that I had.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.