Hardcore Check in Tues 6-22

buttercup78

Cathlete
Yesterday I decided to do several different snippets of workouts. I did the 1 section from Tracey's focus series Kickback, 2 segments of Power up, and the first combo from Amy's Hi Lo Dome Challenge. Workout time excluding the stretch was 44 min and 466 calories. I did fantastic on eats yesterday, and I decided any time I get the urge to get candy or something nasty at work, I have to go in and stand on the scale :D THAT should be motivation enough. :)

All of the workouts snippets I did were a lot of fun. I usually HATE hi low, but I like Amy's. You spin around too much to care :p I took the dogs on a walk this morning b/c it is Way too hot to go when I get home from work. Today will be cardio kettlebell w/ Keith Weber and maybe some from Brook Benten. I'll be back later to say hello :)

Lori-From yesterday, you are funny :D

Last edited:
So today was cardio and I'd really like to start doing Cardio Coach again at least once a week. I need to see how my hip flexor does with it first, though. So I got on my treadmill and did a 5 minute warmup and then I did a 15 min. mile pace for 8 minutes. Surprised that I can still run/jog that long, it's been quite a few months since I've done anything other then a fast pace walk on the thing. Then I went to a fast pace walk for a few minutes and did another 5 minute 15 min. mile pace. At this point my ankle started feeling the impact so I did the rest at a fast pace walk on a 4% incline.

Good news is, hip flexor feels fine. No tightness at all. Ankle is ok, it still hurts when I turn it down - that was the way I hit when I slipped off the step. So I still need to be careful with it.

Had a great sweaty workout. I then did the Ab work from Kick, Punch & Crunch. Love that ab work.

CARDIO STATS:
51 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
14 minutes in zone
33 minutes above zone
414 calories burned
2.8 miles travelled

MUSIC TRIVIA: What song does the line "You were pumping iron where I was pumping irony..." come from?

Love music trivia!!!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!!

Theresa - Nice workout today! Are you back up on the internet yet, or did you go out last night and buy that blackberry? :p Internet withdrawal can be a terrible thing.

Debbie - Glad the ankle is feeling a bit better. You "almost" made me want to jump on the treadmill in my basement, but not quite. :rolleyes:

Hi to everyone else!

I have another busy day at work, but I managed Maximum Intensity Cardio this morning - at least about 50 min of it. I have been eating terribly over the past several days, partly because yest was my B-Day, and partly because I have been in a rather fowl mood. I'm trying to give myself an attitude adjustment - LOL.

I'll try to stop in later!!

Cheryl :)

P.S. I don't know how old everyone is on this post, but I feel so damn OLD....:) I think that's why my mood has been off.

Debbie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvyG7E-qf0o heh heh - I bought this originally when it was an album (remember the round black thingy's that spun under needles???) I cheated though :eek: I knew that I knew, but couldn't remember (if that makes sense) - had to use youtube to trigger my memory. I love music trivia too - but that one was starting to give me a twitch :confused: Looks like a great workout - glad your ankle's coming along so well :D .

Cheryl - You are not old (see the post above. I am now officially able to utter sentences beginning with, "back when I was young ..." and really be speaking about a signifigant amount of time :confused: ). I'm 43. I had an ... episode (for lack of a better word) when I turned 40. It hit really hard - felt doomed to become an old, nutty spinster - all downhill from this point on. It passed. I meet/know too many women that are my age or older - and they are very "young" - and beautiful (I think Diane Sue and Lora fall into this category. I think Debbie is around my age ... and then of course there's Cathe ;) ). But I know what you're saying - it comes and goes with me. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, by the way. Good job on MIC - you lil' whipper snapper :p

Theresa - Great "snippet" workout! Your weight management scare tactic sounds pretty brutal :eek: - glad you had a great day yesterday though. Very interested in hearing what you think of the Keith Weber workout. I think I really want that one, but want to see if you survive it first ;) . Sounds like you're doing really well :D .

Cardio Core Circuit for me today - something else too, but I'll start with that and see how my energy level is doing.

I posted some personal's late-ish last night.

Have a good morning, everyone.

Lori

Today's workout was Bob's Body Rev Cardio 61 min 373 calories HR ranged from 120-156. I used a 15# ketttlebell for the swings and kettlebell type moves. Had to drop to low weights on those shoulder moves and iso holds. Then I did the Bobs Body Rev Cardio Butt & Balance 24 min 108 calories(this one had my legs burning:...D ) I finished with Bob's yoga for Warriors 58 min 177 calories. Had a lot more push ups and balancing in this one as well.

Cheryl, I feel old today myself. Probably due to only getting about 4 1/2 hours of sleep. Although, I guess I am old LOL 58 years here. Somedays though, I feel like I have way more energy and feel younger than I did when my children were little.

Debbie, not sure about that song. I did great on oldies trivia when we were on vacation. Won some bottles of wine I gave away:D Nice workout. You are right to be careful of that ankle.

Theresa, having to stand on the scale ought to do it;) When I log my eats it makes me think before I take little bites of this and that because I don't want to log them LOL

Just a quick post to say hello

Debbie-great work on CC this morning, I'm glad to hear the hip flexor is cooperating. Are you already on the last week of Meso 1? And I stink at trivia, I know stuff but I can't remember names etc...

Cheryl-HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY :D:D:D:D:D:D I'm sorry you didn't have the best day, but I hope you snap out of it soon. MIC should have fixed it ;) I am going to be 32 and given my past, I am happy to see another year :) I never thought I would make it to see 25 let alone 32.

Lori-I will post my opinion later tonight or tomorrow, it doesn't look easy. Heck, the warm up had me worried :) I think it will be a great challenge and I will feel quite accomplished if I ever finish :D Good luck w/ CCC today. I really like that one.

Diane Sue-nice work w/ Bob today. How are you liking his stuff so far?

Hello to all that follow

Linda - Ok, I do now remember you saying your doctor said it looked like you tried to dislocate your shoulder. And I do remember a while back you did something and said it felt like you dislocated it (I think I remember that.) I wonder how intense that surgery will be? I've been around a lot of people getting joints replaced and shoulder surgery is not fun. But yours might not be that bad, especially since you can still workout and all.

Theresa - Why don't you have internet at work anymore? That sucks! I would never be on here if I couldn't get on at work. Loved your snippet workout yesterday, nice job!!! And I love how you said when you want something sweet you'll make yourself get on the scale!! That is a great idea!! And yes, I'm on my last week of Meso 1. Looking forward to the active recovery week next week and going onto Meso 2. Need to get my plan ready for next week. I want to do some yoga and cardio.

Lori - Yes, you are right. Enough is enough. I just feel like I'm changing when it comes to working out. I'm definitely not as hardcore as I use to be (still hardcore, but not nearly as obsessive as I was about it before) and I think age plays a huge factor in it. Don't get me wrong, I love lifting, and cardio is ok, but when the weekends get here, I just want to relax and not worry about it. We'll see how it goes. I know many women who only workout 5 days a week and look incredible. So maybe it will be a good thing for me. And no fair! You looked online for that song. LOL!!! That is one great song, love Robert Plant!!

Cheryl - Happy belated birthday! Sorry we didn't know about it! And I'm sorry you are in a fowl mood. I hope it goes away soon because it's no fun to live that way. Give yourself a hug and just know it will get better. Oh, and I'm 44. But I don't feel 44 which is a good thing I guess.

Diane - The song is "Heaven Knows" by Robert Plant. Great song. And I love music trivia. I use to love that show, "Name that Tune", I was really good at it, even when I was a kid. Wish that was still on. Nice workout, today!

Hi to Hermia, Roselyn, Char and Lora! Hope I didn't forget anyone!!!

Theresa, I am enjoying the Bob Harper workouts. I liked the cardio one a lot today. I think I could up the intensity a little but due to lack of sleep and doms from yesterday's workout I probably did not give it quite all that I could. When he hit the 1 minute of pushups near the end I ended up on my knees:0 The yoga was good. Some balance poses were really tough, he even added some crunches and leg raises in this near the end. The Rev Butts and Balance was good. Had my legs on fire. He does 1 leg dead lifts and balances while doing bicep curls and overhead presses.

Gotta make this quick....as I'm getting ready for a hair appt. Workout this AM was Turbo Fire 55 EZ and the 10 minute stretch. Workout was 60" (70 with the stretch). At the end of the cardio - I burned 640 calories. Max HR on my strap monitor was 176 but I only got it as high as 165 on my strapless unit...(yes, I s...till wear both....I'm a nut). I also did Yoga Tune Up for Runners 20". My right hammy is still tight as could be. My injury is flaring...probably due to stress. My DH has been threatening to quit his job still and it stresses me! I think the hammy must be part of my entire right sided spasm that I'm still dealing with. I've still been modifying my workouts.

I think the Bob workouts (burpees...even though I do them slow) has aggravated my sciatica and rib injury. I followed the low impact modifier in these for the most part....but I did some impact and then jumped on the Rebounder for the Turbos. There is a warning at the beginning of these workouts (that you can't FF thru) that says you should not do these if you have a spinal injury...so I knew I'd have to modify.

No time for personals right now.....I'll be back later.

Did you ladies see my post from yesterday about the extra DVDS I have that are dupes?

RE: TurboFire - so far - if you loved Turbo Jam....you'll love these. I previewed the weight workouts and I was impressed...unique moves. The music is great! I have no idea how they got music rights! Recommend these to any maniac!

Just saw the posts from yesterday.

Diane Sue - do you just want the Turbo fire and not the other 2? The Cool It off one is a good stretch? I'll probably end up sending them all to you since no one else wants them. If that's the case....don't worry. It probably will only cost a few bucks to ship them. Just give me your addy.

Lori - sorry you are feeling emotional. I'm at that crazy hormonal age where I either feel like crying or ripping someone's face off!! DH is making my life miserable. He's a BEAR! He keeps threatening to quit...and this stresses me immensely! Cuz the economy is crap right now. Papa Roach is my FAVE band. They rock! Love their lyrics. If you've never worked out to Paramour Sessions, you should really try it sometime. It's the BEST workout album ever! I got to meet them last year at a concert in town. I got my pic with them. The pic's on my DH's facebook page.

Diane Sue - just wanted to add that the HIIT workout that they sent me as a preview disc is only a 15 minute HIIT workout, and it is not nearly as fun as the workout I did today. Just sayin!

Thanks everyone for all of the encouraging words - I just turned 45, which was a lot harder than 40 for some reason....:confused:

I am seriously trying to give myself an attitude adjustment today, but some days it just seems impossible. I think women just get so much "junk" to deal with all of the time. Aside from hormones (which are brutal in and of themselves), there is work, children, housework, shopping, husbands, exercise, parents, friends, bills......does it ever end? ARGH. I was supposed to go out with a few friends tonight, but frankly I'm just too tired. :mad:

I think I'm going to go home and put on some comfy clothes, have a glass of wine, and just chill and watch some Criminal Minds or Law and Order. I wish I could attribute this mood to PMS, but alas, I think I'm just bummin'. Maybe a few glasses of wine will help. ;)

Have a great evening.

Cheryl

Hey everyone.

I did MIS yesterday and just matched Cathe for everything and am surprised at the amount of DOMS I have today. Today was HIIT 30/30. I think I am addicted to the HIITs and need and intervention.

Debbie - Did get the story about your ankle but glad to hear that it wasn't too bad. The recovery for the shoulder s/b about 10 weeks.

Theresa- Nice way to mix it up today. Actually I think the injury started back in October when I was way too cocky with a set of chest flies.

Cheryl - I am 42 and fortunately have yet to suffer a mid life crisis. But it's not helping that all my doctor keep reminding me how old I am with comments like "you know it never will be a 17 yo shoulder again...."

Lora - sorry about your job and DH's. Hope some comes along.

DianeSue - Working hard as always.

Lori - Good Luck with CCC that's a tough one and usually is more than enough for me.

Dh called and is headed out this evening to pick up a new Harley:D So we will be cruising around again. We got rid of his last bike because he was leaving the country again and it just sat in the garage for almost 2 years. I had to have my son come over and ride it once in awhile.

Lora, you are making me want the Turbo Fires. I have spent a lot on workouts lately. The reason I didn't say I wanted the other workouts is because I think I have them. Is Cool it Off from the Slim in 6 series? I have a dil that might like them though. She keeps signing up for Bootcamps. I could sure see where some of those moves from Bob's workouts would be hard on your injury. Also there is an awful lot of fast dumbbell work and swinging them around.

Debbie, I like music trivia too:D After I checked out Lori's link I remembered the song.

Linda, I was starting to feel like I was getting in a Shock Cardio rut LOL I still look at them and want to grab one but keep telling myself to do something else. I have been doing some of Cathe's older dvd's and have been really amazed at the doms and the HR's I am getting with them.

Lori, I have felt that way at times. Most of my time is spent with my family. I did Daycare when my children were growing up so never worked outside the home where I could cultivate friendships. Most of the people that we go out with are my dh's friends and their wives. I realized it even more when dh was out of the country for over a year. It was just me, my computer, and the children. I am thankful I have my family:D It would be lonely if I didn't.

Cheryl, it sounds like you need some time for yourself. Sometimes you just have to let a few things go (which I know if you are like me is hard) and take some time for yourself.

Hi everyone. soooo tired right now. I'm back to teaching; I've got a summer class that starts at 7:30...booo! I'm not a morning person, and I work in the writing lab afterwards, so I don't get done till 12:30 and then it's come home (commute) and grade, cook, etc. Actually, it's lighter than my normal school year schedules, but I need to get more sleep at night!

I haven't worked out yet today, but I'll be heading to yoga class later. Yesterday I did the supersets premix from Gym Style Chest and Triceps (or triceps and chest...whatever comes first, lol). Even though the premix is only half an hour long, I thought I was going to be sore today because I got a little shakey during the workout. After the chest and tricep work, I did the intervals 2X through from tracey's Step Sweatfest. It was just about sixteen minutes, so not super taxing.

Cheryl, I agree...we women do have so much to deal with, and not the least of it is the message our culture seems to send that we need to be essentially perfect in every way to be happy...look imossibly fabulous, have the awesome career and the perfect family. If only there were more than 24 hours in the day or we didn't have to sleep. I loooove comfy clothes. Your evening of comfy clothes and wine sounds great. =)

Today I did Insanity Max Plyo, had a great workout.

I too turned 45, but I think 40 was big for me, (just saying 40 freaked me out:( I don't feel 45 and feel better than I did when I was younger, I think the cleaner eating and being able to excercise more. When my kids were small I always felt rushed like they were going to wake up any minute, now it is hours later that they wake up:)

It is just a number but I do agree we have so much more to deal with. I think the hormone thing is big, I dread when the menopause starts. But isn't excercising and eating supposed to help?

On another note I still have to make the peanut butter balls and I also found a couple of recipes in Muscle Chow for peanut butter ones and malted milk bombs anyone tried these and what do you think of them?

i REALLY need to get off the chocolate binge and smoothie bing and start eating properly so I can do yoga one day a week without feeling guilty for not burning calories!

Roselyn- Menopause has been a struggle for me emotionally and with my weight. I'm still trying to figure out if I need more intensity or less intensity. This subject is discussed a lot with menopause, where some women think that too much intensity cause the body to store cortisol cuz the body see's it as too much stress since you are already going thru so much! I CONSTANTLY want to either rip someone's face off or cry depending on the situation. It sucks. I get severe migraines more frequently than I used to and my insomnia is worse and the battle of the bulge is harder. I started about a year or 2 ago. Hope it's not TMI!

Diane Sue - I just saw your post. I will send you all of the DVDs and you can give whatever you don't need to your daughter. I just bought all of my BB programs that I had on VHS to DVD, as I want to do a Slim Series/Slim & 6 and Power Half Hour Rotation some day soon!

Roselyn, I didn't know there was a workout called Insanity Max Plyo. Good lord. Those words sound horrible individually, but then all together, that must be one crazy workout!!

I just got back from yoga class, so that was my workout. I was going to do abs when I got home, but I was hungry and immediately ate a couple tacos, and I don't really want to continue all sweaty and showerless until I digest, so I think I'll just shower and make sure to get the abs tomorrow. =)

Roselyn, the menopause was not too bad for me. But then again I was eating right and exercising. I did take black cohosh for my hot flashes and it did help because when I didn't use it I could tell the difference. Most things seemed pretty normal. A few emotional upheavals, but with me realizing what it was. Night sweats and hot flashes but otherwise nothing big.

Hermia, my dd teaches gradeschool and carries those papers around to grade. If I watch her children she brings those papers in to grade while her baby sleeps.

Lora, sorry about the smoothie and chocolate binge. I feel like smoothies are not filling. I can drink coffee smoothies all night :D Also have a bag of dark chocolate chips in the drawer. Pulled some out to share with my granddaughter and she didn't want any so guess who ate them. I originally purchased them for a cookie recipe from clean eating magazine to have out with our party the other night. Couldn't find almond butter:confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.