Hardcore Check in Sat April 17th

Tekmistic

Cathlete
Good Morning and Happy Saturday to all!!

I just finished the 4DS Circuit Upper Premix and then went hiking for about an hour with the dogs. It's pretty cold and there was some wet snow mixed in this morning - YUK!! At least spring is "in the air" and things are starting to bloom.

I am happy to report that I am down about 2 lbs since starting this new rotation, AND I am pretty sore (even with the extra cardio only day this week). Thanks again Debbie!!

I hope to stay in calorie range and do well over the weekend. We are doing a version of "The Biggest Loser" at work and weigh in is on Monday. That means no wine or Doritos for me over the weekend - LOL. I have so much work to do and a million things to get done to get ready for our summer camp, so hopefully that will keep my focus off of food!!

Have a great day!

Cheryl :D

Today was a circuit workout and I did 4-Day Split Bootcamp & Upper Body Circuit premix. Very fun workout, I haven't done a circuit workout in probably 5 years. My endurance SUCKS! The drills were bootcamp type drills and luckily not too long. There were twelve drills. Inbetween about 3 drills each a couple of the 4DS exercises were stuck in there. Very fun and the time went by really fast. This workout even had an ab workout at the end. So that was a bonus for me.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 7 minutes total
7 minutes below zone
27 minutes in zone
34 minutes above zone
515 calories burned

Very happy with this. Now I need to concentrate on eating good today. I'm allowing one cheat meal and one cheat snack.

Cheryl - Great to hear about your 2# loss. I didn't lose an ounce. :mad: Not sure what that's all about. I'm going to try to eat good this weekend too, I know that is my demise.

Happy weekend everyone!

Debbie, I didn't know there was such a premix. It sounds good; I think I may have to do that sometime. I havent done 4DS for a while but I recall liking the bootcamp cardio and I have more room to work out in now. Is there a leg circuit, too?

Good Morning ~

Last night, DS and I did Travel Fit. It was ... hysterical (no idea how to translate the experience into words). I doubt I will ever have that much fun with that workout again (unless he does it with me). Then, he had a friend come over and I cleaned. Muscle Max today. I may do an Upper/lower split over today and tomorrow and add in some cardio.

Diane Sue - I think I have the very first workout Jari Love released, and then the one that followed. They seemed similar enough to me I wasn't going to try anymore of hers. Your descriptions sound very different, though. She must have changed things up a bit. I may put her newer stuff back on my list.

Debbie - My 4DS Bootcamp/Kickbox DVD crumped out on me. It just won't play at all. I miss that one and that's a great cal burn! You didn't mention your neck, I'm thinking that's a really good sign. Have a great weekend!

Hermia - I looked at that cross stitch pattern again (forgot to "x out" of the screen). That just looks so incredibly intricate. There are a few things I've been doing since I was ten. It's cool to have them still in my life -- part of who I am. I probably should have been able to tell by the spelling which Tracey/Tracy you meant. Her kickboxing workouts look great. Her style seems really different.

Cheryl - The weather looks pretty crumby here today, too. "Yay" on the scale behaving :) !

Hi to everyone that follows!

Lori

Last edited:
Hello, I did 4DS upper body premix today.

Going to plant some flowers today, I hope it will be ok only 66 here today and 40 tonight. It was 87 all week, crazy!!

Have a good weekend everyone, oh does anyone have a protein bar recipe that you just love, if so please share:)

Hermia - Yes, there is a Bootcamp Circuit Lower Body premix as well. I might have to check that one out soon. I'm loving these premixes!

Lori - Send your DVD back, SNM with replace it for you. They are really good about that. My neck is really good today. It only bothers me when I sit for a long period of time. Not sure why? But when I start moving around it almost feels back to normal.

Roselyn - Great job with 4DS! Here too, it was 70 yesterday and today it's all of 45. WTH? I hate this up and down weather. Just get warm already!

Hi everyone to follow!!! :D

Workout was Amy's Kettlebell Dynamics 80 minutes and 485 calories, Max HR 158. 23 minutes in level 1 intensity (guessing w/up, some abs, and stretch) level 2 intensity 19:58, level 3 intensity 36: 45. I then did Tracey's Yoga Solutions Post Cycle Mix, and found I had more time so did the post total body Mix 35 minutes 75 calories. I played around with 10 minutes solution Sculpt Pilates doing buns and thighs, total body toner, and Strength and Flexibility. Didn't use my HR monitor. I am sure not much happened there anyway. This was the second time with Strength and Flexibility and it has a lot of low back work. Variations on the superman but sqeezing the ball and pulsing. I wanted to check out all of the workouts and I think I like the lower, total body, and abs the best of all of them. Definitely not a calorie burner but still tough.Oh, and I spent 7 minutes with my Amazing Hoops:D Finally I got in more of the flexibility stuff I wanted and needed. My granddaughter ended up with a fever today(she had strep throat Tuesday and is on antibiotics) So she didn't come over:( I have been taking care of inside tasks all day.

Roselyn, in the upper 50's here today but I am sure when the sun comes out this next week all of my flowers and plants will be doing great:D Just wish I could have went out today and worked some more but the rain is keeping me from it.

Debbie, I have done that premix and it is a good one. Glad you had a good workout. Nice calorie burn too. The premixes on these are great tools:D

Cheryl, great job on the weight loss. The Biggest Loser type of plan at work sounds motivating and fun. My dil has been doing a bootcamp workout program with her work group and friends with some incentives. They even have the children entered in a childrens marathon(not really a marathon) but so many miles a day and then they run it. So 2 of the grandchildren will be doing this. They come and use my treadmill to get their miles in:D

Lori, you should really try Jari's Extremely Ripped and Extremely Ripped 1000. Both are good workouts. Lots of premixes and the workouts are divided if you want to do 30 min workouts. I get some of my better calorie burns with these two.

Hermia, I guess I need to incorporate all of the different yoga varieties. Today's post total body had a lot of balancing moves in it. My legs were on fire and really needed more stretching that what I did. Maybe tomorrow I need to pull out the foam roller or some other stretching dvd. It is supposed to be a rest day.

Hi everyone. Today's workout was cardio; I did Amy's Hi/Lo Cardio Knockout (I think that's the title) through the second interval...that was actually a little over half an hour, which suits my kinda limited level of endurance. Her combos are long in that workout! I don't quite have the choreo down yet. =(

Diane Sue, I find balance moves tricky. I like doing them, though, because it feels like they strengthen the lower leg...ankles, shins, and knees.

Lori, that's so cool your son worked out with you! Is he planning on making that a regular habit?

Some of you all are having some psycho weather! We've been fluctuating a bit here in southern california, but not too terribly dramatic.

Well, happy rest of the weekend, everyone.

Hermia, Hi/Lo Knockout is so much fun once you learn the choreography. I agree that balance work is great for the lower leg. It has a lot to support. Great type of workout to add in for runners as well. Tracey's balance work mix on the bosu and stability ball is good for this on Sweatfest. I shake a lot but would never have been able to do this a few years ago.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.