Hardcore Check in October 14,2010 Wednesday

WD

Cathlete
I thought I would get this started. I will probably post my workout when I am waiting at the school. I am going to do Super Sets upper blast and some cardio. Why does it take so long to get started? I got up at 4 and here it is almost 4:30:confused: I did not sleep well so this should be an interesting day with all of the running I have to do.

Today I did an Hiit 20 TF and then legs and glutes

Leg Presses on step 15# Dumbbell
Hover Squats 15# Dumbbell
Rear Lunges 15# Dumbbells
Plie 15# Dumbbells
Drop Squats off step 15#
Explosvie Plie
Plie w/curtsey lunge
Calf Raises 15#
1 legged deadlift 15#
Plie Squat 15#
Sculpting drills on step
Explosive lunges
Leg sweeps off step 15#
Calf raises w/3#ankle weights
Standing quad lifts on step w/ankle
Standing outer on step w/ankle
Glute work (laying on floor) on step w/ankle
Leg raises
outer and inner lifts
glute sweeps

Then finished with 10 minute abs from TF.

Have a good day everyone.

Happy Wednesday!:p

Diane Sue - I "copied" your workout today and did Super sets! I had a great workout and upped the weights and did extra reps for several of the exercises. :D I was up at 2:45 this morning and didn't sleep well either, so I feel your pain. :( I hope you get the energy you need to get through your day! Oh, and I hope I do too!

Roselyn - Nice workout! I really like that combination and may try that in my rotation next week!:)

Hi to everyone else. I'm sorry I haven't had much time to post to everyone, but I have really been trying to get things done for "MoveMax" before the weather gets really cold. I hope everyone has a great day!

Cheryl

I did Super Sets Upper Blast mix 59min 250 cal. going heavier on most exercises. I will post weights when I get home. Then since time was limited I did Kelly Coffey"s 30 min to fitness bootcamp Cardio mix 30 min Max HR 155. Total time 89 min 482 cal..

Diane Sue & Cheryl- I slept like poop too.... wth is up w/ that? But you both got great workouts in, I am just going to try and not fall on my face :)

Roselyn-nice work

Megan- the atg square don't feel as hard on the knees b/c you really have to drive up with your glutes. I kind of like them better.... Weird but true

Yesterday, I took snippets from Timesaver. I did the w/u and all sjp combos, combo 3 from step blast, med andhigh intensity drills from kpc, and 3 stretch segments. Total time was 72 min & 58 of that was cardio ...... Crazy

Teddy- I put some thoughts on yesterday's check in.

Today was Back and Biceps. Today I decided to go with the 15 reps instead of 25. I just think that is way overkill. So what I did was reduced my weights by 25% instead of 40% and wow, even that was hard with the 15 reps. I like this better for sure.

2 minutes rest between each set. After the 3rd set I didn't rest 2 minutes, I lowered my weights and went right into the set.

BACK:
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 55#/12 reps - 2 sets - Warmup
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 85#/6 reps - 3 sets
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 60#/15 reps
***Went up 5# with the 6 rep sets. This was tough, by reps 12 I was dying.

T-Bar Rows - 75#/6 reps - 3 sets
T-Bar Rows - 55#/15 reps
***Went up 5# for 6 rep sets. Again, really great burn with the 15 rep and perfect weight for it.

One Arm Rows - 47#/6 reps - 3 sets
One Arm Rows - 35#/15 reps
***Went up 2# with the 6 rep sets and that was tough. I can't believe I'm almost to 50# with one-arm rows!

BICEPS:
Barbell Curls - 62#/6 reps - 3 sets
Barbell Curls - 45#/15 reps
***Went up 2# for the 6 rep sets. Holy moly was this HARD! The 15 rep set was incredible hard. Last 3 sets were almost a no go.

Incline Dumbbell Curls - 25's/6 reps - 3 sets
Incline Dumbbell Curls - 15's/15 reps
***Went down 1# with the 6 reps, my bi's were fried and I was worried about the position of this exercise. 25's were perfect. Again, the 15 rep set was brutal.

Barbell Preacher Curls - 62#/6 reps - 1 set
Barbell Preacher Curls - 57#/6 reps - 2 set
Barbell Preacher Curls - 40#/15 reps
***First set was set up wrong. I thought I had 57# on it and when I did the first set I couldn't believe how heavy it was. I recounted and realized I put on 5# too much. Stayed the same as last time with the next 2 sets, bi's were fried. Last set of 15 was very hard and burned.

That is all...

Hey guys,:D

This morning, I did CC# 8 for some reason, I had lots of energy. Tonight, doing GS bi's, tri's and shoulders, this way I can stay on track for the week:rolleyes:

Stats:
477 cals burned
4:27 miles traveled
60:34 time

Debbie: As far as any routine goes, hard for me to stay on for any lengh of time, I get bored or something. This week I started Gym Style I plan to stay on it as long as I possibly can, before moving on.

You are right about me eating at night, I know it is killing my progress. Lasts night, while laying in bed drinking tea and eating entire bag of buttered popcorn :eek:((OUCH)) :eek: I thought about how I was going to approach my workouts and diet. All I can say is this..... today I am a changed woman the first thing I am going to do is to start keeping a journal of everything I put in my mouth, and posting eatery. Thank you:)

Theresa - Going to check now

Add-On.........

Megan – Way back in 1910 when my second son was born, I tried breastfeeding. I wasn’t working out at the time, but, I stayed hungry and my son did too, even after his feeding, I gave up after 6 months, I threw a bottle in his mouth, and I was free… LOL Really tho, I do understand good for you finding extra time to eat the right things I know your daughter is so beautiful just like you
:)

Last edited:
Theresa – Good looking out :) :):) definitely a routine for pear shaped folks like myself. I plan to add more step cardio and more Imax workouts for plyo. For my upper body I started Gym Style with 1 total upper workout per week not sure if it will be endurances or strength.

Eats, :eek::eek:I think I eat pretty good, but its' always being sabotage by over nibbling and sweets. Do I love sweets, pleases let me count the ways :p :p:p starting today, I’m going to lists eatery, so pleases chime in, with suggestions :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Teddy- thanks! Nursing is going well now. There are days tho when I can't wait to be free.....and maybe drink a beer lol! But it helps burn calories too, which I need!

Deb- I bet your bis were frying! Wow, those are heavy weights...nice!

Cheryl- good luck getting movemax done soon!!

DS- Do you get up at that time everyday? Or just when you don't sleep well?

Today is Burn Intervals and abs. This one has one minute of cardio, then light weights/high reps. I like. The cardio intervals are good ones. Hopefully the baby will cooperate and let me get all of it done. This one is a bit longer then the weight wo's.

Weights today for Super Set Upper Blast are as follows:
Barbell Deadlifts 50lb
barbell Bench press 40lb
dumbbell front/side raise on stability ball 10lb dumbbells 8lb the second time
Repeat round
Dumbbell pullovers 30lb round 1 35lb round 2
dumbbell incline fly on stability ball round 1 15lb dumbbells round 2 20lb
dumbbell rotator cuff side raises on ball 8lb
Repeat round
dumbbell seated overhead press 20lb dumbbells
barbell preacher curls on stability ball 35lb barbell
dumbbell triceps extensions on stability ball round 1 15lb db's round 2 20's
dumbbell rear front raise prone on stability ball 8lb dumbbells
dumbbell concentration curls 20lb dumbbell round 1 15 lb round 2
( I forgot all of those different ranges and holds:eek:)
seesaw tricep push ups on stability ball Body weight
The only meal I have had was coffee with 1/2 a pack of dark chocolate cocoa mix and honey. Need to figure out the rest of the day but shopping put a stop to breakfast and I have been busy since I arrived back home.

Maeghan, school starts earlier this year for my granddaughters and I have my grandbaby(2years) weekdays and she makes working out difficult sometimes so I try to get up at 4 am. Believe me I would rather sleep a little longer. I went to bed last night at 10, had a hard time falling asleep, and woke at 3:00:confused: I remember the nursing days. It has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Debbie, nice workout as usual. Good idea changing up the reps.

Theresa, the sleeping for me was some stressful things have come up lately and something was added. DH may go back out to Afghanistan. So I had a hard time sleeping. Also, I made the mistake of having an afternoon cup of coffee. I usually keep it limited to in the morning. That was a bad move to top off everything else.

Teddyy, good job with the workout this morning and plans for later. I keep trying to post my eats. It helps me keep in line most of the time. When my eating is lousy I feel guilty posting it:)

Cheryl, I appreciate your popping in and posting your workouts even if you are still in the MoveMax process;) Nice workout.

Roselyn, you are doing a great job on the weights:) Nice combo for the lower body with the TF Hiit.

1. green smoothe (½ c baby spinach, 1 scoop of green food, protein bsn, 4 crushed ice cube, and 1c of soy vanilla milk)
2. boost protein drink
3. ½ c turkey chili mixed with veggie salad, croutons
4. salmon, w/cabbage
5. bsn protein (after I finish my w/o tonight)

Diane your meals are so wholesome and very well put together.

Nice workout guys:)

Good Morning -

Megan - Saw your question about puzzle mats from yesterday. I just got mine at Wal-Mart. They came in packs of 4 @ around $20 each. Kind of pricey if you need to cover a lot of space, but for the good they've done me, well worth it. I have a big workout area with a wood floor and used 4 packs. That's plenty, I think, depending on the size of the mats themselves. Target has (or had) them too but they were a bit smaller and no less expensive. This also frees up some space where I have just floor. Like Diane Sue mentioned, glider discs or paper plates or ... frisbees :confused: (which is what I use) don't slide very well on them AT ALL --at least not in my experience. So, I do things like that and set up my other equipment on the regular floor. If you can, I'd avoid the cement altogether. Even with the mats, it's such an unforgiving surface. Also, I had some trouble with the mats sliding a bit initiallly. There are different types of tape or these tacky mats you can put underneath them to hold them in place. I just used tape. The room I am in is the one place the floor's unfinished, so I didn't have to worry about tape damaging that. Great workout planned for today. I remember trying to plan around a little one's schedule. Not easy -- Good luck :)

Diane Sue - You make me wish I had Supersets. Nice job :) Hope you can squeeze in a nap. Understandable that you should have trouble sleeping. Stunned about the news concerning your DH. Can't imagine how hard that must be for you. Please keep us posted. I will keep you in my prayers.

Debbie - Excellent weight work today. You worked hard. Laughed, cuz I could just hear Cather talking about tricking your muscles. Guess you both got tricked :p. Impressed that you made it through.

Cheryl - Well done on the workout and increasing weight. Hope you can catch a second wind (or first - on days with little sleep, any "wind" is good ;) ).

Teddy - Excellent workout. You sound very motivated and like you're working hard to take some positive steps. Really. That's inspiring for us, too. Writing things down -- just that act in itself -- is sometimes enough to bring awareness and change. At least it seems to really help me that way :)

Theresa - I like your snippet workouts :p . You sure turned that into one uber-bulky-king of all snippets -- not for the feint of heart -- nice job :)

Linda - Hope your recovery's still coming along well.

I did back yesterday and that was all. Almost took a rest day but just needed ... something. Had a good workout. Short on time right now, if I want to get something in today. I'll post more later.

Have a good day :)

Lori

Last edited:
Diane Sue - You really shouldn't workout as soon as you get up. That could cause injury. I always get up one hour before I workout. Give me time to watch General Hospital! LOL! You should be up at least 30-40 minutes and get your body warm before you workout. I'm sure you know all this, though. ;)

Roselyn - Great workouts! I'm sure your legs will feel that one tomorrow. Nice job!

Cheryl - Move max! You crack me up! LOL!

Theresa - Dang girl! You sure did have a crazy workout yesterday! :eek: Nicely done!

Teddygirl - I meant you should only have tea at night, not tea and popcorn! :p You just need to get control of your eating and its harder then it sounds. I just seen your meals and I think you're going to need something other than a protein shake after your workout. Unless you workout late, like 7 or so. If you workout earlier then that, maybe have some eggs with that protein shake. You're gonna get hungry before the night is over.

Meghan - Your name has an 'H' in it, right? I remember it was a unique spelling of the name and I really liked it. Hope you can get all of your workout in!

Lori - LOL on tricking the muscles. I like to do that! :p

Didn't proof this because I'm in a hurry! Hope I didn't mess up too bad!

I got all my workout in! A full hour...45 minutes of the intervals, then abs. Gotta alot of work there to do lol.

Deb- yes, it is actually Maeghan. Very Irish.

DS- I will keep positive thoughts regarding your DH. I hope he doesn't have to go. Sounds like you have major busy days! You know me, morning exercise just doesn't work. I need TIME to get going lol.

Lori- thanks for the explanation on the mats! I will have to look into them at Walmart. I agree about staying away from concrete! I think I will keep my TM down there for now, and that is it.

I took my "before" pic. Scary. I can't find my tape measure because I would like to record my measurements also. And re-check in 30 days. Seeing the numbers in print will surely motivate me more lol.

Debbie: Keyword “Control” More than likely this is my problem. My lasts meal is always here at work I just finished eating salmon & cabbage, I’m going to work on evening meal something lite and loaded with protein. Wait! EGGS YUCK so sick of them, I’ve been eating eggs for breakfast pasts 2 wks so today I decided to have a Boost drink instead, I did good today, no nibbling and no sweets:D

Tonight, after my workout I am going to make TONS of protein oatmeal panties cake:eek: LOL it took me a long to get that one right, my mother uses to say GIRL it's pancakes, lol:confused:

Have a wonderful evening everyone.;)

Wow, I have missed a lot of posts:D
Meals today were:
Oatmeal with almond butter, pure maple syrup, a little almond milk and vanilla whey
Lunch was leftover turkey on salad greens with veggies and fat free dressing
snack- frozen thawed pineapple chunks, vanilla whey, organic sugar free coconut 2 Tbs plain greek yogurt
dinner omelet with 1 wedge of lowfat laughing cow swiss cheese, jalapeno chopped, garlic and tomatoes over the top along with a spinach salad and fat free Italian dressing

Debbie, I know I need more time to wake up the muscles in the morning. I do allow a little time. I sit at the computer for a little bit and drink a cup or two of coffee. I also prefer to get a little longer w/up before I start if at all possible. Today I did not allow as much time though. Yesterday I sat here for 45 minutes before I got started. I guess today there was still about 30 min.. I just did some household tasks first. There was a time years ago when I would sleep in workout clothes and head straight for the workout:eek: Thanks for worrying about me:D

Teddy, do you mix anything with that protein powder?

Lori, I have always liked Super Sets and Push Pull. But you know, I have always used the premixes right from the start. They are some good workouts.

Maeghan, good job on the workout. The thing is DH has the choice of whether to go or not. But he feels he needs to. He really wanted to go with the guys he trained and keeps in touch with them. It is just not easy having him leave like that for so long.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.