Hardcore Check in November 7,2009 Saturday

WD

Cathlete
I am getting read to go do some cardio and abs. I have dinner to get started for family today and some things to do before my Dad's visit. I will probably have to take a couple of rest days but I am sure I will work it out and get Meso 3 week 3 done this next week.

Didn't have a chance to post my workout from yesterday. I did Meso 3, Week 4, Disc 34, Chest and Back. Had a great workout. This week we go back to the weights we used with Meso 3, Week 2, but instead of 7 reps, we do 8. I really worked up a good sweat and I'm sore today.

Warmup:
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 65#/12 reps
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 70#/12 reps

Workout:
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 95#/8 reps
Barbell Rows - 82#/8 reps
***Did this for 4 sets. Lots of rest time between the exercises and sets.

Flat Bench Chest Flyes - 37's/8 reps
One Arm Row - 42#/8 reps each side
***Did this for 4 sets. Flyes were really burning towards the end.

Incline Barbell Bench Press - 90#/8 reps
Deadlifts - 77#/8 reps
***Did this for 4 sets.

Incline Chest Flyes - 37's/8 reps
One Arm Horizontal Row - 37#/8 reps each side
***Did this for 4 sets. Was really feeling it with set 3 and 4.

And then today was cardio and I did a new workout. I tried Kelly Coffee-Meyer's Step Boxing. I liked it, it was fun but some of the moves got me confused. I'm sure I'll get it with a few more times of doing it. I only did the step boxing part and then I did the Abs. I actually did abs twice this week! :eek:

HR STATS:
43 minutes total
9 minutes below zone
12 minutes in zone
23 minutes above zone
324 calories burned

My mom was shocked when she seen her kitchen. she walked in and goes, "Oh, I have a new tableclothe." And then she looked around and she goes, "OH MY GOD!" And she looked around again and said, "OH MY GOD!" LMAO! She did that over and over again. She couldn't believe it was her kitchen. Made me happy to see how happy she was. She is loving being back home. I'm going over there in a little while to help her with some things.

Hope you all have a great weekend! I'll be back on Monday!

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Turbo Kick Round 22. I overslept a bit and have to be ready to go to the concert early this afternoon, so I had to cut my workout a bit short. Workout was around 45" and I burned 520 calories. Max HR was 169.

I've had this DVD for a long time and this was the first time I did it.....and I don't know why I put it off for so long. I really liked it. It is like a more intense version of Turbo Jam with hip hop music. Chalene annoyed me a bit in the beginning with her breathing....but as I got further into the workout, I forgot about it.

Deb - I'm glad you're Mom was so happy with her house.

Diane Sue - No, I've only done the cardio one and parts of the Power workouts. However, my DH did one with me last week and he agreed that the instructor was annoying with his uh-huh's that he does after each move. He was also annoyed with his voice and said the music sucked and wasn't loud enough. He also said that he liked the overall workout, but he is not familiar with Capoiera. I was hoping this would be more Capoiera...but it is really just an athletic workout with Capoiera moves sprinkled in here and there. It's okay so far, but not spectacular. I'm more excited about Brazilian Butt Lift.....which should be out this month that is also supposed to be a Capoiera based system. They have a preview on their site.

Linda - yes, I have all of the Hip Hop Abs. The latest series is the most intense. It is called Dance Party and Mary at Totalfitnessdvds.com has them. There are 2 discs in the series. I like them and they are easy to follow.

Have great workouts everyone. I'm leaving for the concert in a bit. I have VIP tickets, so I'm going early to go to a sound check. I'm psyched. In case you didn't already know, I'm going to see Papa Roach.

I finished my workout. I think I may try to get up in the morning and do STS meso 3 week 3 chest and back tomorrow. That way I have one of the workouts out of the way. I need to go out to the trailer and find my extra pillows.
I made brownies and spread melted white chocolate over the top and sprinkled them with nuts. Glad that there a re a lot of people coming to share.
Workout was a free audio kettlebell workout that a friend gave me the link to. I did the 30 minute one. (32 minutes) It was fun, I loved the music which really motivated me. I burned 316 calories. Max Hr was 168
Here is a link http://www.liftkettlebells.com/Workouts/Easy-Kettlebell-Workout.aspx If you do this you might want to add a warm up because it starts with jacks and body squats then goes right into the swings.
Afterward I did 2.5 miles on the treadmill for another 35 minutes. and burned 303 calories. I stayed between 4 and 6 mph and added hills. I followed with STS stability ball abs and Kelly Coffey's Muscle Definition abs, then finished with Spinervals Flexible Warrior 3.o yoga for athletes swim segment and a couple of minutes of the cycle segment(down dogs and up dogs) 13 minutes. Total calories burned today was 857 35% fat and 168 Max HR. I stayed in my high end zone for 36 minutes.
I had a Squeaky Gourmet cookbook pumpkin and cranberry cookie before my workout. I was so hungry afterward. I had some left over turkey breast with dijon mustard. At least I won't be starving when everyone comes over:D I lost weight for some reason. Back down to 116:confused: I guess it is because I increased my cardio and the intensity again. After the ice cream, halloween goodies, and eating out I figured that it would be up.

Lora, enjoy that concert. I haven't read enough reviews on Rev abs to make me want to spend the money. I had such high hopes for it.

Debbie, I knew your mom would love her kitchen. I bet it was so much fun watching her face. Nice workouts.

I haven't posted weights yet for this week.
Wed, disc 30 plyo legs
squats- 35# dumbbells 12 reps 12 reps
step ups with hand weights-25# dumbbells 12 reps
close stance one leg squats- 25# dumbbells12 reps
drop side lunge onto step- 25# dumbbell 12 reps
back lunge alternating off step-25# duumbbells 12 reps
deadlifts wide stance- 35# dumbbells 12 reps
drop side lunge on floor into leg adduction-25# dumbbell
alternating front lunge-25#dumbbells 24 reps
static lunge- 25# dumbbells 12 reps
half turn jumps-10# 15 reps
one leg sit and slide with plate- 25# 12 reps
plie squats alternating hands- 35# dumbbell 12 reps
one leg elevated lunge-25# dumbbells
sit and stands-12# dumbbell 12 reps
sequential lunge into front kick combo- 15# dumbbells 12 reps

Friday
Bowflex for all
w/up- front press seated on Bowflex 30# each hand 15 reps, 40# each hand 12 reps
repeated this sequence 4 times 7 reps each exercises-
seated front press Bowflex 55# each hand7 reps
Bowflex bicep curl 55# each hand 7 reps
Bowflex flat bench tricep Extensions 55# each hand 7 reps

repeated 4 times for 7 reps each exercise
Bowflex seated lateral raise- 40# each hand 7 reps
Bowflex incline bicep curls- 55# each hand
Bowflex seated overhead extensions one arm- 55# 7 reps

repeated 4 times for 7 reps each exercise
seated rear delts on Bowflex- 50# each hand 7 reps
seated concentration curls Bowflex- 75# 7 reps

I went a little lower on Plyo legs this time because I was really sore from the kettlebell swings I did on Monday.
crossbody kickbacks Bowflex- 55# 7 reps

I am starting week 2 of month 2 of Insanity. Ate terrible yesterday. Got to get back on track today. Just a lot snacking and yes too much chocolate, TTOM!!! Have any of you ever tried the Choklat Crunch bars? They have protein in them. I don't eat a whole one I take a piece of one when I need something sweet, unfortunately went for the real stuff yesterday. Those are good though, Diane Sue I may make those pumpkin cookies, they sound good. Happy Sunday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.